The Chateau Diaries #174 ''It wasn't $6,000, It was $5,000!'' said the insane chatelaine.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
T'was moi wot posted that it was a tributary of the Loire. I'm often in France for work and yes, it's as dry as hell, yet I haven't noticed any significant drop in water levels in the areas I've been pottering about in. The Somme river remains at the same level, as does the Somme canal area where I'm currently based a few days a fortnight give or take. The Marne, which admittedly I've only crossed and re-crossed looks the same. So yes, I agree the internet scare mongering should be taken with a pinch of salt and the rhetoric on this subject might be toned down a tad.

In the Somme: Note the difference in the water levels. This simply means the locks are either open or closed to allow river traffic to pass through the Somme Canal near Sailly-le-Sec... yet, I've seen this left view touted as 'Oh my gods, look how far the water levels have dropped thanks to this terrible drought!'
View attachment 1527220
My parents and grandparents always said not to believe anything you saw on tv, about three quarters of what you heard on the radio, half of what you read in the paper and question EVERYTHING you saw with your own eyes!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 26
I think she is.
I used to have a coworker who's birthday was at the end of the month but she would start off at the beginning telling us all “it’s my birthday month”, when she was late for her shift. Then extra long breaks or lunches, “it’s my birthday week!” On her actual “birthday” she would ask for it off so she could celebrate all day!!! Oh my f-n lawd!! She would be disappointed if we didn’t acknowledge it in someway too. High maintenance that one. lol (Sound familiar?)

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 26
I used to have a coworker who's birthday was at the end of the month but she would start off at the beginning telling us all “it’s my birthday month”, when she was late for her shift. Then extra long breaks or lunches, “it’s my birthday week!” On her actual “birthday” she would ask for it off so she could celebrate all day!!! Oh my f-n lawd!! She would be disappointed if we didn’t acknowledge it in someway too. High maintenance that one. lol (Sound familiar?)
Someone I know is exactly like that, insists on having at least 2 parties then complains if we don’t attend both 🙄

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 15
I think I still would have had something to say about the Grift-Grab channel. I have never ever watched one but started to get a bit uncomfortable about all the presents streaming in when they were being opened on the main channel early on. Although it is personal. choice if people want to send gifts …. It was equally clear to me that it was being promoted/ encouraged & that was the very first thing I found quite sickening. Making it into a channel of its own was the first nail in the coffin & gave an early heads up for the grabbing attitude to come….
A lot of château owners are like that, they’re all the same my mother would call that “ making a poor mouth” oh I can’t afford a wedding or my lawn mover is clapped out, and the patrons pony up the money to finance things that if you can’t afford then you shouldn’t expect other people to pay for them

• Heart
Reactions: 24
@lolair Thank you for your beautiful and well-informed take on Ardmore/Kwazulu.
Kent D. Fowler in previously cited monograph carefully describes the production of the traditional pots. They don't have kilns, and fire their pots in dung-fired pits, p 189.
Imagine what they could do with kilns. With clay they didn't have to go out and dig, schlep, clean, purify and temper.

Jeez, that faux tabbouleh is going right into Lalande, the Cookbook: 101 Ways to Tell Your Friends, Employees and Paying Guests to Eat Your Dust.
No worries Billybud, and thanks for the link. 😊
Would supplying kilns to the Kwazulu potters be a good incentive though? Essentially, when we consider that their dung fired pieces are truly traditional, that their pieces have been fired this way for millennia, the use of a gas or electric kiln detracts from their age old craft - just as Ardmores does with additional African animals overlay motifs. Of course, in many cases, the use of modern technologies benefit, but equally the old ways are lost and would be in the case of authentic dung fired Kwazulu pieces.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Personally, I'm surprised Stephanie isn't one of these arseholes who insists on a birthday month.
I've decided I'm going to have an entire birthday month from now on and why the hell not?! Fanny can have all the credit for being such a fabulous influencer! Note this in your diaries! My birthday month will begin on the 1st of the month with a countdown until my birthday later that same month. I shall expect praise, salutations, applause and glee from each and every one of you. You can even feign the glee if you like - because I'll be so wrapped up in myself, I won't even notice. Naturally my birthday will be spent in bed, where I'll be very happy to greet everyone and receive gifts, alcohol and chocolates. It will be an all day event, with a recovery party the next day. Be prepared!

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 23
Only two more weeks!
I can't believe that there is not a word about Patreon day, preparations, excitement, people are coming from all over, they will spend huge money to come and see us, blah, blah, blah!
Nothing?
@Isabelle6541 Did you get any email notification?

@ComtesseRose I never say thank you for a new thread. Sorry!
Thanks for the new thread!
Yes I have.

I am feeling the same way. I can't wait until all of this is over. Really. I don't want to ever see her face on screen again. Y'all I will miss so I may pop in from time to time.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 41
Since Snorts is the Dutch wonder wouldn't the bulbs be cheaper for him to get in the Netherlands instead of buying them from a third party with the added vat and risk of customs seizure?
I am sure both Dutch Gayvy and Fill-Up can provide “services” to Dutch men with bulbs and get them at a HUGE HUGE discount! Come on, Gayvy and Fill-Up!!!!

039F043A-E66B-4C9C-BCCB-3C0C3A5CCB76.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 6
They will hire some local village folk for an apple and an egg, in non-speaking roles for Patreon day.

„Ohh and here is Thuy Nguyen and Tran Tan, two high tier Patreons from Vietnam. They sadly can’t speak a word English but they said so many nice things about lalande.“

• Haha
Reactions: 18
I await in eager anticipation @Clara's bombshells and hope that she truly is leading the charge from Lelande. 💣 💥
Go Clara!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 45
after seeing the latest patreon vlog, and how little content is there, I cant believe that her supporters arent demanding better quality. that vlog sucked
Exactly! And to think just for each Patron video she puts out, she is making over $8,600 weekly! For 15 minutes of excuses and lies :mad:

The fact they continue to support is really unbelievable for me, knowing the amount she makes for doing duck all!

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 38
So she has more patrons but their contributions are getting a lot lower. People not prepared to be the higher contributors when sweet FA is getting done. They now learn again that the Chapel is on hold. Lake probably needing survey 2,050. Facade no word. Heating 3 log burners. China pantry on hold. Her office on hold. Big Sitting room just left in a state of chaos for 9 months. Natty's apartment on hold. Geris' apartment on hold. Potty's tower plastered but not painted. Marquis apartment nearly finished just need some new felt tips. Pink Shower room on hold. Van purchased never seen again. Terrace on hold (well if it doesn't fall down). Ian the longest hernia in history. Accountant never mentioned anymore. Oiseaux wallpaper nothing done. Floral curtains in one of the guest suites still up and clashing dreadfully. She needs to go into politics because she relies on everyone having a very short memory.
…the time has come…sj needs to officially receive her…burn notice…she’s done.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.