The Chateau Diaries #170 Lately, oatmeal is more interesting than The Chateau Diaries!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I typed in Limoges to see it, accepted it but just gave a limited choice of destinations, perhaps not then. God I shalll be so jealous if she's in Corsica, that's been on our list for ages but just haven't made it yet for various reasons.
If she is in Corsica, she'll never explore it. She'll remain in a fancy-pants hotel solely for the bragging rights and feast on nasty food that she considers to be "delicious" only because it's expensive. So even if she is in Corsica, she isn't.
You'll get to Corsica one day and actually experience and enjoy it.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
My goodness Phi Phi was wearing a t shirt. I think it’s a first.

I must say Stephanie looked a wreck on the plane. All self inflicted.

She mentioned having to put out three vlogs before they left so we can safely assume she is messing her timeline and as someone said, they are going for more than a week end.

I hope their luggage got lost.
I’ve not seen that post, is it on Instagram

Reactions: 8
Sweet Baby J Old decanter like that make really fancy Febreeze spray bottles!
Sweet Baby J Speaking of gardens, @the Chateau Diaries, how is the chapel garden doing with this horrible drought?
Sweet Baby J Speaking of the lil shop, @the Chateau Diaries, when will it open? Is it just for b&b guests or can anyone drop by? Is is just for patron days or year round?
Sweet Baby J @the Chateau Diaries is Kirstie the only gardener right now? Just part time? We hardly see her anymore.
Sweet Baby J Anyone else think Chloe & Stuart look very much alike?
Sweet Baby J I also think @Kents Piano & @Jadon Dubey look very similar.

Come on own up which of us is Sweet Baby J
In the tradition of "I am Spartacus" and the classic "I am Clara"... Je suis Sweet Baby J.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 34
Why does everything have to be 'a secret'? That's one way in which the vlogs have certainly changed.
Because Stephanie either has the arrested developement mentality of a 12 year old or she pretends to because she thinks it’s cute & sexy. Weeee! 🤮

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 33
Or that's just a stock picture from Transavia airlines.
Hmm...

Porto: 23 Degrees Celsius
Corsica: 22 Degrees Celsius
Athens: 32 Degrees Celsius
Sicily: 26 Degrees Celsius

Things stated/shown in the vlog:
- The green Transavia seat
- Marie mentioning it was so hot, they need fans...

There are no glaciers in Greece (appearently). If it's not the Pyrenees, could it be the Apennine Mountains? How long would a flight from Limoges to Athens take and what would the flight route look like. Maybe it is a stock photo... to throw people off. (Somehow I doubt it - Fanny isn't that smart.)

Reactions: 16
Nothing happens in France in August as most people on holiday - should read -
Nothing happens at the shiteau between January and December because Fanny is on perpetual holiday.
And most of rural France is closed on Mondays, which is why Fanny enjoys so many long weekends.

Reactions: 12
Hmm...

Porto: 23 Degrees Celsius
Corsica: 22 Degrees Celsius
Athens: 32 Degrees Celsius
Sicily: 26 Degrees Celsius

Things stated/shown in the vlog:
- The green Transavia seat
- Marie mentioning it was so hot, they need fans...

There are no glaciers in Greece (appearently). If it's not the Pyrenees, could it be the Apennine Mountains? How long would a flight from Limoges to Athens take and what would the flight route look like. Maybe it is a stock photo... to throw people off. (Somehow I doubt it - Fanny isn't that smart.)
They’ve come to England 😂

Attachments

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Because Stephanie either has the arrested developement mentality of a 12 year old or she pretends to because she thinks it’s cute & sexy. Weeee! 🤮
Playing little girl lost gets really nauseating at a certain age. She does remind me of Bet Davis in "Whatever Happened to Baby Jane?"

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
Probably she, the boy wonder and their Youtube minder have decided it will generate more views. Maybe you should adopt a similar strategy. I look forward to seeing a thumbnail for Chateau Chat referencing a secret beverage you'll be enjoying at the southernmost chateau 😂

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 13
My spidey senses are telling me there’s a work slow down until she pays back the $200-$300K she spent on non-allowable projects paid for by the association. Probably included travel and construction on the apartments that would be disallowed. I seem to remember her buying new mattresses, saying she’d hire Natti and other weird things for the Patreon goals in the earlier days. Things that wouldn’t be allowed. Like Selmar’s tools, a lawnmower for mummy (not sure on this one - could just be considered maintenance and not a permanent improvement). Someone needs to go back and look at that video because I think it’s pretty telling. Fleuries didn’t do anything but buy tile for their kitchen. No cabinets, no stove, no paint, no tiles etc. there’s a reason for that. Those things probably aren’t allowed. She probably also charged a shitload of admin to the association as well. Including travel that had nothing to do with allowable projects. That’s why everything but the garden and Anne Marie has ground to a halt.
Good spidey.
Clara's nugget of unflashy info -- that the accountants have closed their doors to her -- does hint of catastrophic and possibly criminal mismanagment.

• Heart
Reactions: 29
I have often thought that while I think Maria's cooking is certainly an upgrade over FRK's, I'm not sure it's worth the $50 per person that's being charged. It definitely looks as though whoever is in charge is giving a meager budget. There's never any decent meat, no fish...four halves of baby potatoes, I can't remember what I've seen for vegetables as all they've talked about is zucchini.......it seems like more attention is paid to the garnishing of whatever they're serving to make it look "elegant", but when you break it all down, it's always, always a cheap meal. Not worth the $50 at all, no matter who is making it. It's been said she serves cheap box wine, too, so you can't even say the money is due to the alcohol!

OMG! I saw that and was so disappointed for the people who had to eat those terrible things she made.
I just made a Pavlova last weekend - we were invited to our neighbor's birthday barbeque and were asked to bring dessert. Since they don't eat things like cake or pie or cookies, I struggled with what to make and came up with Pavlova. I haven't made one in years and I made two of them. I wish I had taken pictures as they were the most beautiful things I've ever made....filled with fresh raspberries, lemon curd (that I made myself from scratch!) and whipped cream, then I squeezed passion fruit over them.......I used this recipe and will say that my version 95% looked like this...and they were not burnt! One of them did get a crack in it, but no one noticed!

View attachment 1492208
See, now this is how a nurturing and considerate person who loves to cook, cooks. Thank you for the role model.
Jarvis' food is often conformed to insult her paying guests. Clara says she made her friends pay for the Easter food -- even so, virtually meatless. This is why I'm calling it The Lalande Cookbook: 101 Ways to Tell Your Friends, Guests and Employees to Eat Your Dust.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 13
This is my “visual” of the guests arriving for Patron’s Day at the farmhouse.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
I actually believe she’s very cunning. Knows exactly what she does, I’ve seen mental and emotional manipulators like her. However in the end they bring about their own demise wether of greed or other nefarious agendas. The playbook of shysters is always the same their a sinking ship 👈

• Heart
Reactions: 27
I love that recipe!!! Though I’ve never had much success making homemade lemon curd, lol.
Yeah, I'd just as soon buy it (Bonne Maman brand is pretty good), honestly. I wasn't even going to use lemon curd, but I had all those yolks from the two meringues I made, so thought I'd try it again. I used the recipe that was referenced in that Pavlova recipe and it turned out well!

• Heart
Reactions: 11
See, now this is how a nurturing and considerate person who loves to cook, cooks. Thank you for the role model.
Jarvis' food is often conformed to insult her paying guests. Clara says she made her friends pay for the Easter food -- even so, virtually meatless. This is why I'm calling it The Lalande Cookbook: 101 Ways to Tell Your Friends, Guests and Employees to Eat Your Dust.
Wait til they start serving hedgehog! They’ve been fattening it up in preparation. Probably going to serve it as pate to Patrons on Open Day.
5B454D22-AD8B-4FF7-912C-A3CCF9AC0A83.jpeg

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 9
Like I said, the Argentinian Bully is just fat. With the return of Mummy Dearest soon, she will no doubt be spoken to in that manner, as Isabelle Jarvis has strong opinions about people that can not restrain themselves and indulge in overeating. She makes no exceptions, even her "charming" sister Chantal has to suffer the consequences as she is often ridiculed publicly AND behind her back.
Interesting. As we all noted, a million years ago, Madame herself put on weight, especially in the breastal regions, after she'd been in South Africa for a month or two.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.