The Chateau Diaries #170 Lately, oatmeal is more interesting than The Chateau Diaries!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I saw a vlog where they were getting hounded by people that wanted to help them. To pay for more content. Maybe a better camera etc. So they decided on the "buy me a tea". They said people want to send them things and they refuse. People pay for Netflix. Hulu and Amazon etc. Why not send a few bucks to people who are taking the time out of their lives to video, edit and post content. I see nothing wrong with paying them a bit for their effort.
If I'm not mistaken that was the period of time that Peter wasn't working and I think he had some form of depression due to this so they may have decided to put up buy me a coffee to help but in their last vlog Peter said that thankfully he has been working, I don't have a problem with paying for Netflix etc but as said by others if I'm going to pay I want to see content which wouldn't be Peter pan and his fairy godmother faffing about the local brocante buying tit for the shitoo!!

Reactions: 10
I have written a song ( to the tune of The More We Get Together) to commemorate the latest scam, I mean vacation:

The more we fool the patrons, the patrons, the patrons

The more we fool the patrons, the more trips we’ll take
For their money is my money

And my money is free money

The more we fool the patrons, the more trips we’ll take.

AB338D12-3B0C-45B2-A6AB-3B0898AB007B.jpeg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
I may be missing something, but I don't see Transavia flying out of Limoges. Therefore, doing some detective work to try and see through the smoke and mirrors I've deduced:
  • Fanny filmed she & Snorty leaving the kitchen at 11:00 p.m. but that could have been filmed on any night.
  • Fanny filmed she & Snorty saying goodbye to dinner guests, but are we to believe the dinner guests are all still sitting around the dining table after 11:00 p.m. (and Fanny's worker bee's are all just sitting in the kitchen)
  • More likely Fanny ate the starter (thus no film of the main course or dessert) and then bolted out to Limoges airport to catch 1 of 3 possible late night flights:
    • 20:20 - Nottingham - this flight is only on Tuesday, so it's not this flight (and Fanny wouldn't be going to Nottingham)
    • 22:25 - to Marrakech - this flight is only on Wednesday & Sunday
    • 22:30 - to Ajaccio, Corsica - this flight is on Saturday
My best guess is Miss. Jarvis in Corsica with Squirrelboy.
Limoges Airport Schedule

Sweet Baby J Old decanter like that make really fancy Febreeze spray bottles!
Sweet Baby J Speaking of gardens, @the Chateau Diaries, how is the chapel garden doing with this horrible drought?
Sweet Baby J Speaking of the lil shop, @the Chateau Diaries, when will it open? Is it just for b&b guests or can anyone drop by? Is is just for patron days or year round?
Sweet Baby J @the Chateau Diaries is Kirstie the only gardener right now? Just part time? We hardly see her anymore.
Sweet Baby J Anyone else think Chloe & Stuart look very much alike?
Sweet Baby J I also think @Kents Piano & @Jadon Dubey look very similar.

Come on own up which of us is Sweet Baby J
Sweet Baby J is Philip Jansen taking the piss.

Attachments

Reactions: 14
But we all know that when Fanny says she has only gone for a day away or a short break she's actually been for longer than that by her timeline discrepancies. She's getting smarter at covering her tracks by wearing that yellow frock for continuity & making sure the nail polish is changed but nevertheless when she says she's got for a short time it's to flim flam the patrons that she's not always off on holidays isn't it? She said she'd have to be back at the weekend for guests - suddenly she's so worried about dining with them. Am wondering if she is hoping that she can schmooze them into becoming patrons to fill the gaps left by those who have left?
She only comes back to eat with guests because it’s the only way she can serve food as a B&B. They can’t offer meals for a price. They can only offer to let them dine with the family. As per the regulations. She’s only doing it to make money on the dinners.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 35
I wonder what the French regulations are re having a building - or part of - condemned (as in, not fit for habitation)? The original part of chateau has a bulging wall, dangerous decaying terrace, includes the large sitting room stripped of walls with poles holding floor above /ceiling up, no heating, questionable electronics, shutters about to fall on someone’s head (if not some porcelain when entering marquis’ apt), etc.

If the drought broke with tremendous rain - goodness knows what will wash away.
Subsidence caused by drought, lots of thirsty trees & vegetation near that building 'during drought conditions, a thirsty tree may remove more moisture from the soil at one side of a building than the other, meaning that side of the property will subside quicker, resulting in structural damage' walls bulging because of roof spread...then if the rains come then that could cause more problems for that building. I remember reading a while back when talk was about the state of the place that it isn't a legal requirement to have a survey done in France before buying a property?
Just wondering if this is what is holding up the building works 👇
SPANC (Service Public d'Assainissement Non-Collective)
Building projects in the countryside may have a fosse toutes eaux or similar; as part of a planning application the Mairie will ask SPANC to ascertain what sewerage system the property has. Until SPANC have approved the existing/proposed system permission will not be granted. SPANC does not operate to a time scale (its legislation is the code of environment not the code of urbanism and is not part of the reform) and it can take weeks to sort out an application. If, for instance, a new tank is to be installed (or work needs to be done to the existing one) then a study (not necessarily the work) should be completed and submitted as part of the planning application so that everything can be signed off at the same time.

All I want is a room somewhere
A room in Toile noone else can bear
Pink bed, Pink sheets, I won't even finish that seat
Oh wouldn't it be loverly

View attachment 1492916
I think everyone wants Squirrel to leave. I honestly don’t recall seeing a single positive or redeeming comment in this forum in defense or support of SJ’s support mammal.

So, a collective shout from everyone here….

“Come on Snorts! Move yer bloomin’ arse!!!”

34997C00-7B11-4FCD-85E3-3A78C452A9D9.jpeg

1E7E8828-B11A-42C2-8310-F7E47F1407EE.gif

(I love My Fair Lady!)

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 41
I can’t remember when the association was set up but think the mower was bought before that date so maybe allowed. Would be interesting to see what else was bought before the set up.
Once set up it would be retroactive and she didn’t spend any money for ages waiting for it to be set up.

Yesterday's, 8/11/22, CD's live chat...

View attachment 1492670
Donny Slader He built an elevator for mummy
Donny Slader If they tell us it won’t be a secret door anymore
Donny Slader I heard he built a gift room to house all the freebees
Donny Slader The gift room will house Philips brooch collection
Donny Slader The new entrance is called the lavender room

View attachment 1492746
Percy Attfield Hello to all. I hope you enjoy the vlog.
Isabelle Jarvis Good evening everyone. Just made it!
Laura Claudia Good evening dear @Percy Attfield and @isabelle Jarvis How are you? Already in London?
Isabelle Jarvis Laura Claudia yes we are
The Chateau Diaries Hello from our mystery destination!
The Chateau Diaries @isabelle Jarvis Hello darling Mummy - I can’t wait to see you next week
Isabelle Jarvis The château diaries us too!XXX

View attachment 1492678
Wendy Grimwood Hi @IsabelleJarvis will you still be there mid September? Would love to meet you
Isabelle Jarvis Wendy Grimwood we could be it depends on the dates
Wendy Grimwood @Isabellejarvis I am coming on the 15th
Wendy Grimwood @ Chateau Diaries my first time in live chat!
The Chateau Diaries @Wendy Grimwood Hello!

View attachment 1492681
The Chateau Diaries I’ve heard good news from Channel 4 - we’ll be able to reveal the Marquis’ Salon in September! YAY!!!
Laura Claudia @the Chateau Diaries Hello Stephanie, I watched the other vlog, when you picked the lavender and I was just wondering, what happened that you did not travel a lot this summer, glad to hear you are now
The Chateau Diaries @Laura Claudia Philip and I eat with the guests every weekend, so we can’t ever leave for more than a few days, but it’s wonderful to get away for a while to spend time with Nic, Marie and Antoine

View attachment 1492683
Michael Potts F1 Hello EVeryone!!!
Michael Potts F1 @isabelle Jarvis HELLO!!!!
The Chateau Diaries @Michael Potts F1 Hello Michael! Do you have a premiere tonight?
Isabelle Jarvis Michael Potts hello! Your vlog is making my husband very happy!

View attachment 1492691
Sweet Baby J Old decanter like that make really fancy Febreeze spray bottles!
Sweet Baby J Speaking of gardens, @the Chateau Diaries, how is the chapel garden doing with this horrible drought?
Sweet Baby J Speaking of the lil shop, @the Chateau Diaries, when will it open? Is it just for b&b guests or can anyone drop by? Is is just for patron days or year round?
Sweet Baby J @the Chateau Diaries is Kirstie the only gardener right now? Just part time? We hardly see her anymore.
Sweet Baby J Anyone else think Chloe & Stuart look very much alike?
Sweet Baby J I also think @Kents Piano & @Jadon Dubey look very similar.

View attachment 1492695
Karen Howatt I still feel you should not be keeping project for C4 when your patreons pay $30k a month
Kent's Piano @Karen Howatt Most of what you list aren't being shown because they are on hold for the moment.
Karen Howatt @Kent's Piano why are they on hold? no mention in the vlogs???
Kent's Piano @Karen Howatt The filiming for british television is free advertising for the youtube channel. It's how the youtube channel initially took off.
Karen Howatt @Kent's Piano there are hardly any projects being shown from start to finish at the moment, whats happening to the chapel? The Grande Salon? Natty and Gerry's apartment, the lake? the list goes on
Val Slater @Karen Howatt we had an update on all of these in yesterday patron vlog
Kent's Piano @Karen Howatt Stephanie updates the patrons every month on all these projects.
Karen Howatt @Val Slater Im not a patron any more, so what the update?
Karen Howatt @Kent's Piano Im no longer a patron, what the update?
Nature Lover @Karen, give it a rest!!!
Karen Howatt @Nature Lover just asking for an update, not need to be rude darling
Nature Lover No, you are the one being extremely rude, please!!!
Val Slater @Karen Howatt , too long to type but things will be progressing on many fronts but nothing happens in France in August as most people on holiday
Karen Howatt @Val Slater Im a francophile darling, I know!! but nothing has happened since god knows when and $30k a month from patreon! Anna & Phil managed to refit their entire kitchen in 2 months!
Sweet Baby J @Karen Howatt, to be fair How to Renovate a Chateau gets much more money each month.
Karen Howatt @Sweet Baby J more than $30 thousand dollars a month, sweet baby jesus, Im in the wrong job, I can see why Olive and his wife jumped on the band wagon!!!
Kent's Piano @Karen Howatt Stephanie is saving a lot of the patreon money for the lake and for the heating retrofit, both of which will cost hundreds of thousands of euros...
Karen Howatt @Kent's Piano I can imagine, so glad they wont be shivering next winter!!
Karen Howatt @Kent's Piano so glad to hear this, the chateau must be so cold in the winter

View attachment 1492701
Isabelle Jarvis Goodnight everyone thank you for being here with us
Michael Potts F1 Have a wonderful adventure @the Chateau Diaries
The Chateau Diaries @Michael Potts F1 Have you got a video now?
Percy Attfield Bey bey everyone enjoy the holiday @the Chateau Diaries
Michael Potts F1 @the Chateau Diaries I do
The Chateau Diaries I’m going over to @Michael Potts F1 premiere now!
The Chateau Diaries @Percy Attfield Thank you Percy! We’re loving it

(y)
DeAnn P Hit the LIKE button everyone
CasperP hit LIKE

View attachment 1492743
The Chateau Diaries Goodnight all, see you on Sunday - or right now in Michael’s premiere
Nothing happens in France in August as most people on holiday - should read -
Nothing happens at the shiteau between January and December because Fanny is on perpetual holiday.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 40
My goodness Phi Phi was wearing a t shirt. I think it’s a first.

I must say Stephanie looked a wreck on the plane. All self inflicted.

She mentioned having to put out three vlogs before they left so we can safely assume she is messing her timeline and as someone said, they are going for more than a week end.

I may be missing something, but I don't see Transavia flying out of Limoges. Therefore, doing some detective work to try and see through the smoke and mirrors I've deduced:
  • Fanny filmed she & Snorty leaving the kitchen at 11:00 p.m. but that could have been filmed on any night.
  • Fanny filmed she & Snorty saying goodbye to dinner guests, but are we to believe the dinner guests are all still sitting around the dining table after 11:00 p.m. (and Fanny's worker bee's are all just sitting in the kitchen)
  • More likely Fanny ate the starter (thus no film of the main course or dessert) and then bolted out to Limoges airport to catch 1 of 3 possible late night flights:
    • 20:20 - Nottingham - this flight is only on Tuesday, so it's not this flight (and Fanny wouldn't be going to Nottingham)
I hope their luggage got lost.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 32
She flew with Transavia, from Limoges she could have gone to Paris for a connecting flight somewhere or to either Marseille or Nice. As it's a short break possibly Nice, she wouldn't want to holiday with the hoi polloi.
They also could have grabbed a random picture off the internet and it means nothing at all.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
I like them too and there is an underlying discomfort for me. The childlike voice, the childlike clothes and he comes across (sometimes ) as "The Master". Why Miss Anna? That screams master and servant.
HOWEVER, if that's their thing, it's fine, many people dress up and play out those fantasies behind closed doors.
I just find myself left feeling a tad uncomfortable at times being/feeling included in their fantasy.
I've also had these thoughts about them but what they do behind closed doors is their business.. I think that's why they're not so into weekly vlogs etc as possibly it would mean having to fake their way threw and not be their true selves, not convinced 100% yet. 😜

Reactions: 9
I think everyone wants Squirrel to leave. I honestly don’t recall seeing a single positive or redeeming comment in this forum in defense or support of SJ’s support mammal.

So, a collective shout from everyone here….

“Come on Snorts! Move yer bloomin’ arse!!!”

View attachment 1493140

View attachment 1493141

(I love My Fair Lady!)
Can you believe the snivelling little tit yesterday, wanting that horror of a light fitting for a bloody china pantry!!! He has no taste whatsoever. How he manages to be so supercilious I have no idea. I mean everything in the world needs a purpose, he keeps saying that is why he likes Brocantes because he hates "waste" well sonny you are a waste of space, get off your flat preppy arse and do something with your miserable little life. They both purport to be cultured and love antiques but always by pass quality for the poxiest bit of toot available. As you can probably all tell by now Baby Bee Gee cranks my chain.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 33
So are we!
We'll downsize eventually and move nearer to a town or preferably L'ile d'Yeu. Once we're old farts and can't drive anymore we'll need to be in walking distance of the amenities, you have to have a car where weare now.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Maybe she's deducted the costs from the balance she has to pay him if indeed he wishes to sell his share of the HMN... If he does want out, which money pot will it come from I wonder?
Been wondering about how they deal with the complexities of finances. Patreon funds are entirely reliant on the location & "restoration" of LL. Nic & Potts, as co-owners/tenants in common, I believe have a claim due to patreon funds gifted are related to their asset. This is not Steph's cash - her youtube channel is all hers to spend - but Patreon not so. I'm wondering if the initial excitement of the all the cash ensured they allowed Steph to take control as of course this would be spent on "renovation." Their stake in the asset would grow due to all this "renovation" and jobs a good'un...but sadly... it seems no project has been finished & certainly none that would boost the capital value - no new windows, electrics, heating, exterior work, foundation works & chapel. So this is awkward for Nic & Potts. Let alone the liability issues of dealing with such a vast amount of money & "employees" visitors and volunteers. Nic's wife is a bright woman - reckon she's worked this out too.

In contrast, patreon funds spent on chattels (moveable objects - think vase/furniture) can be safely put in a van and sold on...

Messy...very messy and potentially litigious...happy holidays!

• Heart
Reactions: 24
I typed in Limoges to see it, accepted it but just gave a limited choice of destinations, perhaps not then. God I shalll be so jealous if she's in Corsica, that's been on our list for ages but just haven't made it yet for various reasons.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
She only comes back to eat with guests because it’s the only way she can serve food as a B&B. They can’t offer meals for a price. They can only offer to let them dine with the family. As per the regulations. She’s only doing it to make money on the dinners.
Yes I know it is a requirement for the host to be on site when operating a chambre d'hote & serve meals. I just don't remember her being remotely concerned about whether she was there or not when guests stayed before. Also has the volume of guests increased? She's trying to either prove a point that she takes her 'work' seriously, or that she is genuinely operating a chambre d'hote not a hotel because she's only supposed to be letting out 5 rooms , or she is (as I suspect) touting for those guests to turn into patrons.

Reactions: 17
Nothing happens in France in August as most people on holiday - should read -
Nothing happens at the shiteau between January and December because Fanny is on perpetual holiday.
Nothing stops the vapid witch picking up a paint brush and doing some railings and shutters herself

Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.