The Chateau Diaries #170 Lately, oatmeal is more interesting than The Chateau Diaries!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I love it !!!! The Poem Of LaLaLande . Five Stars - so clever !!!

Reactions: 14
Woohoo! My first thread title! Thank you @ComtesseRose and @Tea with lemon

Reactions: 26
So true they did vacation in Barbados or Bahamas but aren’t they on vacation all the time it seems to me, they do nothing except produce a few half assed vlogs and those are pretty lame

Reactions: 25
There are some good comments on her ig posts no sign of the gooder witch yet!!

Reactions: 15
…le non…

Reactions: 13
I saw a vlog where they were getting hounded by people that wanted to help them. To pay for more content. Maybe a better camera etc. So they decided on the "buy me a tea". They said people want to send them things and they refuse. People pay for Netflix. Hulu and Amazon etc. Why not send a few bucks to people who are taking the time out of their lives to video, edit and post content. I see nothing wrong with paying them a bit for their effort.

Reactions: 24
Let’s ask Clara. . . . .
Is NUTTI pregnant?!
We’d love your intel on that. . . .
Thank YOU!

Reactions: 16
Mmm... What you called Lago Somehing is the Lago di Garda, Lake of Garda, the largest and more beautiful Italian Lake, stunning for so many features, including its Mediterranean climate and the growth of many typical Mediterranean vegetation.
Yet I was amazed by what you said about what made your love for SJ cool down; not her grifting, not her lies, not her being a narc, not her ridiculously expensive lifestyle thanks to other people's money etc., all of which was already clear at the time, but by the fact that you are allergic to "gushing over fascist poets". So, what put you off was her visit to a national museum like hundreds of thousand of tourists do every year.
I suppose you are referring to Gabriele D'Annunzio's home museum, possibly the greatest, more international and more celebrated Italian poet of his time. The only Italian poet and writer who had connections with the international avantgards. Unfortunately many Italians who have barely read his immense production of poems, novels, plays, short stories, still believe that he was a fascist, when he was just the opposite, and he hated and despised Mussolini, (not to mention his hatred for Hitler) therefore was exiled by him in the golden prison of the Vittoriale on the Garda Lake. He was too famous and celebrated, so the only thing Mussolini could do was to isolate him.
Later his proto-fascist image was fuelled by the post-war domineering Italian left wing intellectuals, who, by the way, shamelessly all copied and drew from his works.
Yes, it's true, he was inspired by Nietzche's Superman for his heroic gestures, when during WW I he flew over Vienna throwing thousands of fliers encouraging Italians to set free from Austria's ruling, or when he freed for some time the town of Fiume from the Austrians. But those were actions he did all by himself, not for the Italian army and by the way when he was a middleaged man, but was never involved with actual fascism.
He also tried in every way to dissuade Mussolini from his alliance with Hitler and to convince him to leave the Axis alliance, as he forsaw the tragic epilogue, even if he died before seeing it.
Thanksfully in the last few decades things have changed and this crap of fascist poet label has now been removed.
Yet, it really is amazing how the majority of his works, that have nothing to do with all this, are still unknown to many, that same people who say that they haven't read them and yet they also say they don't like them.
Sorry if my comment sounded a bit harsh, but I too am allergic to people who speak without a deep knowledge of what they're saying.
But of course, if you have an extensive knowledge of D'Annunzio's works and can explain why you think they are the works of a fascist, I'm ready to listen and discuss it.
My comment may sound OT, but is not, as it shows how easy it is to judge something just because many think and say so and therefore must be true. I called conformism.

P.S. I hate fascism in any form it may take place, be it a right or left movement, be it under the appearance of a democracy or a dictatorship and unfortunately today that is where the world is heading.

Last edited:
Reactions: 16
I don’t have a problem with buy me a coffee, or even patreon if the YouTuber isn’t exploiting viewers. As far as I know Peter and Anna haven’t made a vlog about needing money. They downsized when they needed to and seem to be making a go of it on a smaller scale. They aren’t regular at making vlogs but they don’t seem to be bothered by it. I have stopped watching several channels I used to enjoy because it was down to money grubbing. They use clickbait and always have a sad story of some kind to tell. One woman had so many sponsors during her 20 minute video that it was ridiculous. Anyone who buys a property that they can’t afford to make the renovations or simply doesn’t want to spend their own funds is a big no go for me. “It’s a wonderful life” seems pretty innocent to me. But, that could change.

Reactions: 22
OMG, none of us on Tattle Life really do know each other's life stories - do we? And why should we?
BUT, my deepest, heartfelt wishes for you and your husband that he makes a speedy and full recovery.
You've obviously got all the financial stuff covered - great for you both.
It was such an uphill struggle for me! But, I did eventually get there - thank God and much better than I ever expected too!
C'est la vie!

Last edited:
Reactions: 11
Was Fanny and PhiPhi flying on a private plane? This might have been discussed and I missed it. We have to be at the airport at least 3 hours before take off but it’s seems like they just left when they felt like it (midnight typical) this would be an upgrade she would definitely want to conceal from her adoring fans

Reactions: 14
At reading your comment I jumped on my chair, just like I did when I saw the little statues. Of course I wasn't sure if they were the real thing, as, come on, do you really think you could find such treasures at a brocante? But now your precious comment confirmed my suspects.
Oh well, they are two idiots, and, as I already said, they are unable to tell a Tiziano from a poster on the supermarket wall.
I'm sure they will find a more loving and appreciating place - possibly a museum - than the crumpling dump.
Stephany, I HOPE you read here, so you will know what an ignorant cow you are and what have you missed! It'll serve you right.

Last edited:
Reactions: 19
Then you’re in luck. I bet SJ will show some of their trip, she will want to share because it’s just too good. Now I understand why her accounts are off. She counted this as her first trip with kaboom, what visiting your mother who was recovering from covid was just work? I think trying to get Snorty to fit in with humans without a camera on him will be more work than you are up for.

Reactions: 28
I've been thinking about what she said -- she couldn't afford to turn on a working heating system -- and the vile food she feeds even overpaying guests. I think no heat and the insultingly cheap food may have been principles in place at the granny farm, taught to young Fanny as values she should perpetuate.

when i see those grifters going through that brocante...i have a huge house...my aunts..filled with stuff from cellar to attic..you cant imagine the things i found..its a huge task to clear it all out....i cant bare to look at another brocante...
Strength to your arm, bro. It's really hard, as I'm sure you know. High quality proteins, a big yellow legal pad, and Kneipp aromatherapy bath salts.

Last edited:
Reactions: 18
I had forgotten all about Curtis Ryan Woodchip, Steph never got to Egypt with him, perhaps that is where she is meeting baghead and family BUT she would have to vlog it so I very much doubt it.
I’ve been wondering if the faux Egyptologist Woodworm and his husband realized Fanny was too toxic and dropped her. They haven’t been mentioned lately.

Reactions: 23
I don’t believe the fat hedgehog got into the chicken enclosure on its own. I think someone (Philip) put it there. Now Philip’s got his pet hedgehog.

Reactions: 24
Thank you! The first couple of minutes of that Patreon video were really disturbing. The fact that she didn’t consider her trip to visit her friend’s new house in Spain a summer vacation is literally insane. They were working? Poor things. She had all of that footage when they stopped at the Best Western (haha - LOVE the tattler that found that out!) at the old bridge. And they had so much footage that I bet they stayed for more than one night. My husband spotted the Michelin rated restaurant sign that they are in…I think she showed 2 or 3 meals. That is a lot for just supposedly getting up and continuing on the journey to SPAIN, which doesn’t count as a vacation. Or when they went to Venice for Tess’s birthday but didn’t want to film since it was to give them a break so they could just “enjoy themselves”, aka: No Pink Phones allowed. Or when they went to visit Manor and Maker and obviously stayed in a hotel. (Which I will Stephend (?) her on that one…I wouldn’t be sharing a bathroom with everyone either). I liked how Philip tried to say that their trip to Barbados last year was a working trip. No, that was your secret “I’m traveling during Covid restrictions because I’m an asshole, and the only way to get into the US was to stay in certain countries for “x” number of days before entering the US”. She didn’t film much of that either since that was her new kaboom honeymoon period with Phillip. Weren’t they there for 2 weeks? I don’t remember. I honestly do not know how she keeps a straight face and says, “We’ve never had a summer holiday!” Aaaaaaaghhhhh….this woman is freaking delusional! So are the patrons!
One other thing. @Patriciarella - your posts kill me! I fast forwarded through the part about the twirly stool, so I feel like I must go back and watch that part now…even though you have already given me a spoiler alert that it obviously doesn’t get completed. I miss your squirrel memes!

Reactions: 49
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.