The Chateau Diaries #169 “Prince of Pubes, the Princess of Lies, let them twirl together until they die”

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So I broke down and watched M&M today and they did seem more energized than usual. I believe having a published author, Sasha Alsberg attending their Nov. writers retreat put some gas in their tank. However, I don't really know or care how 'legitimate' this author is, if I still need to share a bathroom, count me out!

Sara finally splurging on a proper hairdresser has knocked years off of her (all for the better). Now if only Shrek could do something about his long, greasy updo! 🤮

Their vlog wasn't particularly riveting content, but I suspect we're so starved for content from Fanny that we'll settle for almost anything. Kudo's on the headboards - definitely much better than Fanny's toile vomit-fest. Also Kudo's to Steve for trying to fix his broken drone - Snorty wasn't even willing, let alone able, to plug in Skylink and it took 3 other real men to figure out the simple instructions.

Also, Kudo's to Sara & Shrek for getting involved with their community - something Fanny hasn't deigned to do in 17 years. Fanny get's lost just driving into the local village or to a local restaurant.

Sara & Shrek said they planned to go with a maximalist design aesthetic similar to Fanny. NO - DON'T DO IT!!! Most people can't pull off a maximalist design vibe (Fanny sure can't) and based on what I've seen I don't believe Sara & Shrek can either. Instead, keep it clean, simple and tasteful and more in keeping with Philip & Anna. Also, purchase proper hotel mattresses and use properly ironed, clean white bed linens and introduce colour into the room with accent pieces, such as the headboards.

Lastly, kudo's for being upfront and letting viewers know in advance they are going on vacation and won't be publishing next week - Fanny could take a page from their transparent honesty.
You make a lot of good observations in your comment. I agree that Sarah's hair looks good and makes her look younger. I also hope they don't go the maximalist route, but from what I've seen of them, I think they won't be able to resist. They love stuff! They may be more selective with their accumulation, and Steve appears to enjoy and appreciate interesting items. While I find S and S quite dull, I'd much rather spend time with them than the Manic Fanny and her Pet Poodle (no offense to poodles).

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Thanks. On the ground info so invaluable. So she'd deffo be upstream or downstream Indre on the water restriction regulations?
Screenshots not links but here is the wikipedia page for La Indre river and detail of it's affluents en rive gauche
Screenshot_20220810-175623_Samsung Internet.jpg
Screenshot_20220810-175536_Samsung Internet.jpg

• Heart
Reactions: 10
In re working as a yacht chef: Can you talk a little bit about the hours, job description, personality required, time off in exotic ports, chances for mingling with upstairs (as Marie keeps gravitating toward what she thinks of as luxe venues -- one reason, methinks, Haworth which was not luxe, failed for her)? I've worked as a chef on land and I can see that working as a chef on a small yacht would be very difficult indeed. Cramped quarters, no escape from colleagues. Strikes me there would be other work as well, as someone has mentioned -- steward work, making beds, cleaning toilets, in addition to cooking three meals a day for guests and staff. What's the salary for this? Any health insurance, workmans' comp?
Money is great and tax free. She will not get a chef job though these are often billionaires who want the best food daily. On a bigger yacht I doubt she would even get a crew Chef job she doesn't have the experience. She will have to sign NDA's and I doubt would be able to vlog from someones yacht many of these people are famous and have security drills etc Hostess with flower arranging maybe? Hostesses are there to clean, make beds, serve meals and drinks in the /breakfast/lunch/dinner and tend to be pretty hot looking unless the owner has a husband with a roving eye. All but the Captain share a Cabin. Form is work hard play hard and time off to suit the owners. The tips can be amazing.

Reactions: 11
Is it the Vauvre or a spring which fills the tank? I thought I remembered Mummy and Dan crashing through the woods to a spring?
Yes I remember them going along the road and squeezing through a hedge to find that, then they didn’t have the right key to undo it. Definitely a different place to where the tank is at the top of the hill that Matt fed the pipe from.

Reactions: 8
I had to go out this morning and on my way home I drove through a beautiful village I always take for granted. I think the village and church, but not the pub have been used in Midsomer Murders and a couple of other crime shows.
I decided to stop and take a photo for all tattlers who have never been to the UK. The pub looked so inviting that I did something I’ve not done for many years and then only when I was walking my dog, I went into the pub on my own and had lunch in the garden.😳. Everyone was so friendly and I ended up talking to some regulars. But then I do talk to anyone and everyone. 😂😂
The tree behind the church gate is a yew tree planted in 1655.

Attachments

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 57
View attachment 1487719
William Greenough
7 days ago
i live at the bottom end of your lifestyle. im just not good with recognition, i watch you because of our contrasts, even though ive studied art history and anthropology, and on to the physics relm its the art history that lives around you that keeps me watching week by week, sadly i can only watch so much of cadeauxchateau at times almost soul sucking, but the rest of your chateau antics i love, drama, drama, drama.............. thats what keeps a big home running, you have those that hate the rich, and those that just like the history and those that just love watching you and anna, and the petericks, as well as that really sweet couple 'its a wonderful life' couple. your influence is a wonder, and the people you've brought together is incalculable, im sure god is even proud of you <3
Yep, these are the kind of loonies that make up her followers.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
I had to go out this morning and on my way home I drove through a beautiful village I always take for granted. I think the village and church, but not the pub have been used in Midsomer Murders and a couple of other crime shows.
I decided to stop and take a photo for all tattlers who have never been to the UK. The pub looked so inviting that I did something I’ve not done for many years and then only when I was walking my dog, I went into the pub on my own and had lunch in the garden.😳. Everyone was so friendly and I ended up talking to some regulars. But then I do talk to anyone and everyone. 😂😂
Thank you the pictures are beautiful so kind of you. Glad you had a merry time made my day 🥰

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Some of you old school tattlers who have been here 2 years + have no idea of how intimidating you can be. You are the veterans of this campaign and your humour is the stuff of legend. Your comments are always spot on and your discussion is generally fair. I note from comments that when many join tattle they nearly all state that they have been lurking for a long long time. I lurked for about 18 months reading comments, laughing out loud and nodding in agreement. I wasn't sure I could add anything and so it took a lot of courage to create a tattle account. I started by clicking emojis and then ventured to commenting. I think you are a wonderful and warm community, you care about each other even though we are all "strangers". Unlike some of the other tattle posts/forums you are not a bitchy snipey group and when the conversation goes a little off topic it's usually sparked by something in CD. It may go off on a tangent but it doesn't matter as it keeps it light and interesting. And yes I get the flying monkeys. I have experienced them trying to sabotage in other groups, they are an issue.

To certain of you perhaps exercise a little less suspicion. Don't jump on the newbies backs just because they're newbies, you never know what they can bring to the party or, in fact what brought them to tattle. Maybe someone coming in as one of those pesky monkeys will see the error of their ways and bring lots to the party!

You were kind to me when I joined and have continued to be so. I very much enjoy the spirited discussion (and the meandering off subject). This has turned out to be a much longer diatribe than I intended and for that I apologise.

And, of course, there is always the ignore button. As @MojoDublin always says - tattlers don't rattle
When I was a "New Member" I introduced myself and briefly wrote how and why I found the forum and why I decided to comment on the forum.
I don't know why this is a problem for new members.
The introductory post saved me from questions, accusations and disbelief, so I feel welcome here from the first day and the first post.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
Looks a gorgeous place, @Beachgirl ! Great photos! I hope you did not have the "Bambi Burger" for lunch? :oops: 🥰

• Haha
Reactions: 9
If Fanny had any love for her farming neighbors that are growing food for the masses, she would offer to share her spring water with them. They can siphon the water into tankards for delivery. Of course, this will never happen as she doesn't even think about things like this. Stop watering those damn bloated zukes! That lame Davey should be advising her on only planting drought tolerant plants as that is where the planet is going. Fresh water is too valuable to waste anymore. I do wish Fanny and Co. would take an interest in world affairs, especially climate concerns. All that crap she receives from clueless bimbos comes at the expense of wasted resources. Hardly any of it is recyclable or made from recyclable materials. Ignorance and avoidance is no excuse for not being a responsible citizen.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Very well said! I originally did join as a flying monkey with the intent of defending La Jarvis over tattler’s attacks on her designer wardrobe. That’s partly where the profile name comes from. Three things stopped me, firstly a typo in said name that rewrote Dickens and married Miss Havisham off while also misspelling her name. Quite the embarrassment for a retired writer. I was too lazy to delete and start over even though I’d not yet posted. Secondly, I started reading through the threads and noticed the precision with which tattlers were disecting the vlogs. This made me stop and rethink my position. And thirdly, I had been gathering a small box of thrifted and personal gifts for GAG and when I got a shipping quote I was stunned. A 25”x18” box that weighed less than 15lbs was going to cost more than $300 to send with tracking. And that was the cheapest service! I lurked for a few more months before whatever it was that got me posting. I did get a few sharpish responses early on, mostly due to my obliviousness over the Wiki button. I knew I’d seen the information it contained but not where to find the button. Now that the scales have fallen from my eyes I enjoy our share commitment to see the subject of this forum held to account. Not to mention the company of it’s witty, naughty and kind denizens that make up our shared community.
I enjoy the flying monkeys as much as I enjoy the great and wonderous 15. With that said, I think the funniest part is when the pearl clutching tattle grannies swoop in on the flying monkeys and run them off. Bwahahahaha.

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Money is great and tax free. She will not get a chef job though these are often billionaires who want the best food daily. On a bigger yacht I doubt she would even get a crew Chef job she doesn't have the experience. She will have to sign NDA's and I doubt would be able to vlog from someones yacht many of these people are famous and have security drills etc Hostess with flower arranging maybe? Hostesses are there to clean, make beds, serve meals and drinks in the /breakfast/lunch/dinner and tend to be pretty hot looking unless the owner has a husband with a roving eye. All but the Captain share a Cabin. Form is work hard play hard and time off to suit the owners. The tips can be amazing.
Honest to God, I don't understand why we, as semi-sane strangers :unsure:, are worried about this for her and she Has. No. Clue. I think this megalo aspect of her thinking may be clinical, and not just unmedicated thyroid issues, as discussed.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
In re working as a yacht chef: Can you talk a little bit about the hours, job description, personality required, time off in exotic ports, chances for mingling with upstairs (as Marie keeps gravitating toward what she thinks of as luxe venues -- one reason, methinks, Haworth which was not luxe, failed for her)? I've worked as a chef on land and I can see that working as a chef on a small yacht would be very difficult indeed. Cramped quarters, no escape from colleagues. Strikes me there would be other work as well, as someone has mentioned -- steward work, making beds, cleaning toilets, in addition to cooking three meals a day for guests and staff. What's the salary for this? Any health insurance, workmans' comp?
I’ve watched this lady on YouTube! She’s great as a yacht chef - Marie take notes

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.