The Chateau Diaries #170 Lately, oatmeal is more interesting than The Chateau Diaries!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It most certainly is the time and place. The patron day is first and formost the annual meeting of all association members. The association that is LaLande is the perfect place for it. The members have been promised an annual visit from the beginning. As with any meeting there should be an agenda. Isabelle has placed her item on the agenda. It is up to Stephanie how she handles it.
Though there was a pandemic with travel restrictions. Nobody except for Steph was allowed to travel, remember?

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
Thank you. I can tell that my posts have annoyed people but for me it is I see us being the enlightened ones set against the hundreds of 'fans' who gush over her every utterance & who defend her lack of activity & bat away any naysayers in the comments sections. That those people are patrons too who are perfectly happy to keep supporting her no matter what she does & may not appreciate their lovely trip being ambushed that's all.
The needle poised to pop the La Lande bubble drawing that @Linus posted seems so long ago 😥 And maybe we are in as much of a bubble as they are in that shitoo, just as much as those fans of her have their view of that perfect bubble that she lives in?
I had a Tattle break a little while back as it was getting to me how she was still getting away with it after all this time. I agree that it is up to the patrons to follow their best route. I have tried myself to chip away at her facade by emailing various people from certain organisations who I thought might be interested in her antics, with little or no success. So to see the light slipping away at the end of the tunnel, knowing how narcs twist everything round & it just made me despair.
And she is so worried about patrons turning up on her big day that she's doing a big F you - look at me, not a care in the world, sunning myself on my holidays. She has an address book full of people who can give her advice & I doubt for one minute she's not been getting her friends & family to research what she can get away with.
There will be a form to sign before entry - no filming allowed. It's really easy to find a template for one - I found one within seconds.
But hey ho the sun is shining, so I am off to sit in the garden with coffee & a good book (Lion by Saroo Brierley) & forget Fanny for the day!!❤
The many gushing posts from adoring fans leave one pessimistic about people having their eyes opened by questions that may be asked on patron day, but who knows what the silent majority think? Some people here have been put off the vlogs as a result of having their questioning comments pounced on, so maybe there are others who remain silent, but are open to persuasion. We know there are many more views here than comments, including inquisitive patrons, no doubt.

That said, Stephanie provides enough evidence in her vlogs for people to see that their Patreon donations are not producing the results many contribute for, i.e. little or no restoration being done, with money instead being spent on expensive vases, trips etc. Even those who have been happy to pay just for additional content must have noticed the Patreon vlogs are getting worse, with content being duplicated in the Youtube vlogs or padded out by Amaury waffling on about hinges , three vlogs about the toile room etc.

Reactions: 25
so santorini was just a day-trip?
They rented the boat probably to make fancy pics but Phil didn't make the proper research so they had to walk to the 500 steps😂 with ordinary tourist excursions you are transported in crowds uphill☺. Was there no Uber in Santorini, Steph?

• Haha
Reactions: 15
I don’t think Squirrel has enough meat on his bones to feed a cat! They’d starve! 😆

Maybe @HalcyonOrganic is having his own romantic getaway with Michael this weekend? 🤗
Talking about Squirrel, I had another bought of hysterical laughing in my garden last night when reading a blog of an instagram account I follow. He blogs about his house, Garden and DIY but occasionally come out with quite naughty things.
Lasts night I read his blog on candles which are a passion of his.

“ I don’t love all candles though. They don’t necessarily need to be expensive, but they must be of good quality. The packaging needs to be pretty, if that makes me shallow, then so be it. It needs to burn well, provided you follow the rules of trimming the wick and letting it burn for the right time. I’ll talk about that more in a while. More than anything else though, it needs to fill the room with heady fragrance. A scented candle that doesn’t really smell is about as depressing as finding out your date for the night has a micro-penis. Not for me thank you”!

@jpslifeandlaughs aka Gladys the chambermaid. A great blog to follow

• Haha
I'm so sorry to hear about these tragic events. Stephanie Jarvis drove over a kitten at her friend Tess Hoffman's house years ago. Needless to say she did not shed a tear.
I've always regarded Fanny as a joke, but I've never actively hated her... until now.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
My apologies this is off topic...
Y’all we had something tragic happen last week- and I hated to bring it up- but after the kitty being mentioned- We had sister cats (Prim and Katniss) and Mr Suthern_Lurker accidentally ran over Prim on our driveway. It was dusk and he didn’t see she was laying there- probably asleep. 😭😭😭 Of course it was so unexpected and I’ve barely been able to mention it. He was so devastated. I will never get the picture out of my mind of him holding her in the breezeway. Also that Prim was his favorite/ no doubt. So now there is one. 😓 It’s tough losing a pet. I think they were/are going on 10 yrs old.
*Now I just had the thought I should get a tile with her pic on it!!! For a remembrance.
So sorry to hear this... such an unfortunate event. I can't imagine how your poor husband may feel. I really do feel for you. ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 13
🌞🌞🌞🌞🌞🌞🌞🌞🌞🌞🌞🌞🌞🌞
Day 28 of summer tattvent Calendar of unfinished projects

Marie had to move out so that Ian could insulate the ceiling so that Mummy would get a new expensive hard wood parket floor in her apartment. Did it ever happen? I guess we'll see once mummy returns to SA in autumn
This post got me thinking. Isn't Potts' tack room above Amaury's workshop? It must be noisy for guests staying there, with woodworking machinery whirring away, as well as the big extractors he's got running to suck up the sawdust.

Reactions: 19
Oh dear. I am being misunderstood. Maybe I am not explaining myself very well. I am not telling anyone what to do or not do. I am voicing an opinion based on despair that the patron plan could fall at the first hurdle by forewarning Fanny. That's it. I think I read that it is not the aim of the patrons group to bring her down but to get answers. I personally want her to not get away with anything to be found out for the fraudster she is - but the two aims are not mutually exclusive. Sorry if I have annoyed anyone - that was not my aim.
I'm not annoyed. I understand your concern and am concerned you're losing sleep over this. Hope you can find a way to let it go and see what the process brings.
As many on here have written in the last few days, I think we're watching the end of the fairy tale. If Isabelle's crew, or Clara don't bring home the goods I think Fanny will with her own stupidity.
KARMA's gonna bite soon. On espère 🙏
That Chateau Shorts has been at it again!

• Heart
Reactions: 33
[QUOTE="NoIAmNotAHorse, post: 11222410, member: 102304]

Mean looking pussy. I think it’s Fanny’s

No offence to the wonderful Jules or the witty Iolair ♥
[/QUOTE]
Thank you for noticing my bright shining new tile avatar!
Grand eh! Jules is not just divine but multitalented. It is perfect!

(My own tile! I'm humming Bryan Ferry/Roxy Music's "I'm In With The In Crowd" as I type). 🤩

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 14
So IF there is a video posted today ( kind of have my doubts...you know, more technical difficulties i.e. " I have a UTI from too much pretend sex with my little one😝).

But IF there is a NEW video and not more regurgitation of the pukey, dead girl room or the secret/not so secret door with the "tricky hinges", ... lets count how many times the ding bat uses the word " glorious"! She might throw in a few "amazing" or steal one from Camilla and say " magical".
And she ain't staying long at the dump...the gruesome twosome will be jaunting to jolly ol' England to pick up Mummy and the corpse in time for the two month celebration of Fanny's repeat 50th birthday and Pube's Sweet ( not!!) 16 birthday. Party hats and gummy bears for the 50 year old...booze for the sweet 16!

• Haha
Reactions: 22
Spirit, I always believe that art should be shared by the great unwashed, so, I will not give you my Jules tile, but like all the great galleries, I will allow you to borrow it.
In my home, I have hanging, a rather beautiful but empty frame with a notice behind the glass that reads "This painting is currently on loan to the Lourve." It's just a gag gift I received but I love it! 😀

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 28
For a little levity, this post reminded me of Philip in Santorini, Rhodes or wherever he is.

• Haha
Reactions: 22
Literally this has kept me awake last night & for the sake of own sanity & at the risk of announcing a 'flounce' if Fanny triumphs this time then that will be it for me.
I completely hear you, and then some. I can't even tell you how many times in the past years I have been convinced I was going to witness her downfall, expose her for the fraud she is and be done with it all. It never happened. She might not be a cat person, she certainly has the proverbial nine lives. But here's the thing: every single time she has narrowly escaped the luck of the draw, I made a promise to myself to remember yet another seemingly unimportant detail of her scheme, knowing it will come in handy some day. She has made it personal when she attacked not just me but friends of mine and I will not give up until all her dirty little secrets are commonly known facts. The patron open days are on my radar as an excellent opportunity. If however things threaten once again to turn in her favor, I will simply adjust the plan to the new timeline.

Clara. (Apologies if I have missed this). I understand from what you have said that they are now in an open relationship. Is that why she has stopped wearing the ring symbolising their togetherness?
iI can honestly say that, even though I am well informed by people in the know, I gave up on what symbolizes what when it comes to that relationship. I am also not sure the relationship should be labelled open if one considers the many secrets they keep for each other.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 37
Happy Sunday! Time for some church!

Here’s a hymn in honour of the decaying Chapel of St. Joseph. If we sing it to the tune of Jesus Loves Me loud enough maybe the restorer and his alleged scaffolding will be featured in next week’s TCD.

In the chapel

Yes I know

The ceiling crumbles on statues below

Great big cracks and peeling paint

Unlike Joseph, Steffy’s no saint.

Yes, it’s decaying

Yes, it’s decaying

Yes, it’s decaying

Wiki bible tells me so.

Can I have an Amen? 😝

8A1A2DE1-7432-4B18-8EF1-1E802ADB270A.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Clara, if your (and Isabelle's) plans don't work, will this leave you exposed? We don't want you in Fanny's bad books, and although I'm sure you can take care of yourself and then some, no-one wants to see you hurt or banned from the HMN. Pretty sure Fanny can be quite vicious and vengeful.
Vicious and vengeful indeed and I have learned that up close and personal. She's no kitten, lacks all empathy and even while she is still not sure who I am, she attacks random people in her orbit, mostly without any form of warning. On the other hand, I have spend years polishing up my skills of flying under all radar and if she turns out to have nine lives, I plan to have at least ten. Don't worry about me. Even if she thinks she can expose me, she's in for a embellished surprise :)

• Heart
Reactions: 59
It'll be auntie & uncle my bet to give brat boy a property as he owns nothing at the moment. Or Mummy who has form with Daddy in doing up properties and selling them on. Any of these combos would have been happy to have Larkin & Potts in the mix whilst the place was a money pit. Now they can see the light at the end of the tunnel with the renovations being paid for by patrons. I mean they wouldn't spend out of their own pockets because they're too stingy. So the scam could be that the property without adequate heating, new facade etc is worth less than when it has been done up. So the share to buy out is less. Deliberately not doing renovations to keep the value down so that the family's share to buy out the non family is lower? If that makes sense?
Do it up with patron money - flog it on at a profit.
according to new post on Instagram, Antoine is with them and they were in Turkey on one of these days
My money is on Snorty getting a hair transplant

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.