The Chateau Diaries #170 Lately, oatmeal is more interesting than The Chateau Diaries!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This is just a prime example of how to NOT do business. The website she links on her Instagram account DOESN’T EXIST. So with her thousands of followers does she send them to her YouTube? No. The Chateau’s website? No. To her Facebook Page? No. Her Patreon Page? No. Her bio on Channel 4’s website? No. She’s a bleeping idiot.
If I remember right it also leads to a malicious link according to my security program.

Interesting... No Transavia flights from Limoges, which means they are flying from somewhere else. Most popular destinations with Transavia is to Greece...
All destinations served by our flights – Transavia

Edit: Unless the mountains portrayed are the Pyrenees, and that they're all headed for Larkin's Portugese holiday home...
Does it look like that’s a glacier snaking around the base of those mountains?

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 10
My spidey senses are telling me there’s a work slow down until she pays back the $200-$300K she spent on non-allowable projects paid for by the association. Probably included travel and construction on the apartments that would be disallowed. I seem to remember her buying new mattresses, saying she’d hire Natti and other weird things for the Patreon goals in the earlier days. Things that wouldn’t be allowed. Like Selmar’s tools, a lawnmower for mummy (not sure on this one - could just be considered maintenance and not a permanent improvement). Someone needs to go back and look at that video because I think it’s pretty telling. Fleuries didn’t do anything but buy tile for their kitchen. No cabinets, no stove, no paint, no tiles etc. there’s a reason for that. Those things probably aren’t allowed. She probably also charged a shitload of admin to the association as well. Including travel that had nothing to do with allowable projects. That’s why everything but the garden and Anne Marie has ground to a halt.
I can’t remember when the association was set up but think the mower was bought before that date so maybe allowed. Would be interesting to see what else was bought before the set up.

Reactions: 11
Also hints of dominatrix (sp) about the relationship. I can imagine Miss Anna dressed appropriately, whipping the bejesus out of him 🤣 sorry, on the gin

FB post number 2 tonight. and if she’s back on Sunday, I’ll pour another gin.
Smoke & mirrors. I’d want to see her with a dated newspaper at LALande to prove it before I believe her. Like in the kidnap movies 😃
And didn’t she have a break in the Bahamas or somewhere when she didn’t vlog ?? Before she went to New York ???
If Fanny and Phillip were invited does that mean Nic paid for everything for them?

• Wow
Reactions: 14
Interesting... No Transavia flights from Limoges, which means they are flying from somewhere else. Most popular destinations with Transavia is to Greece...
All destinations served by our flights – Transavia

Edit: Unless the mountains portrayed are the Pyrenees, and that they're all headed for Larkin's Portugese holiday home...
Does it look like that’s a glacier snaking around the base of those mountains?
I dont get it...Fanny has a place in France...no neighbors..lots of space..nature..Why is that mad woman always on the run..travels, roadtrips..omg..the roads in France are stuck with traffic, peage..airtravel these days..a .complete nightmare....We have our place in France for centuries..when i was young, the weather in France was always better than in The Netherlands..but the last 10 or 15 years or so...its just te same..I sometimes wonder why we keep the place there...only for two months a year..It gives income..but also some difficulties sometimes..and we have to pay the housekeepers...I enjoy being home...not being on the road all the time..whats the point having a place like that...and hardly ever spend time there...she could better buy an appartment in Paris...she doesnt even enjoy the french lifestyle...
Because owning the chateau has always been about perception and appearances. About how she sees her life as opposed to how it really is. She is pretending to have the type of life that centuries of wealth and aristocracy would provide. In essence, she is pretending to be you. Monsieur Le Comte!

• Heart
Reactions: 26
I can’t imagine her making curtains without a proper set up to make curtain panels. Maybe she showed her home workroom but I didn’t see any of those episodes. It would take a DIYer years to make that many curtain panels- She mentioned a hundred windows I thought. And using interlining and lining- as should be- but anyway enough of my jibberish about “curtain talk”.....💁🏼‍♀️
Oooh I love curtain talk😂

Most definitely NOT, she's just fat. Sorry for being so blunt, but that's the only language that Bullying Argentinian Troll understands. She herself thinks it's okay to rate the looks of the guests that stay in the B&B she's supposed to be running, sipping her Mata at the kitchen table instead of checking her phone to see if anybody needs help with anything.
Nobody else there is fat which isn’t surprising seeing what is available to eat, so where does Natti keep her forbidden food.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
View attachment 1492471

numbereightyseven
5 hours ago
That peahen mum either ain't to bright, or doesn't want to be a mum. Flying lessons just above a row of upward-pointing sharp metal spears? Hmm.

Robin Lots

1 hour ago
That’s what inbreeding does to you
If anyone from here is going to the open day could they please count the number of peacocks at the chateau and try and work out who really is the mum of this recent brood of chicks. There have been no sightings of the 3 peahens together for a while now so I’ve been wondering if Thor was naughty with one of his daughters.😢

• Sad
  • Sick
All I want is a room somewhere
A room in Toile noone else can bear
Pink bed, Pink sheets, I won't even finish that seat
Oh wouldn't it be loverly

audrey.gif

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 27
She was so terribly busy with ALL of the things she NEEDED to get done before they left for their holiday (first one they've had in ages....liars), so what to they do sod off to another brocante. Rushes back still can't get her tit together, so decides to flounce around the garden. I wish they'd leave that poor bloody hedgehog alone, it thought it was safe with the chickens but no. Please, please, please let it be that Baghead wants out.
You know, of late we’ve all been speculating that no work is occurring due to holding money for the taxman/replenishing the association. But now I’m thinking that the valuation of the chateau that showed no increase over what they paid and dearth of high dollar renovation points to a Baghead buyout. She would have manipulated that to keep from having to pay Larkin any profit.

Reactions: 28
I wonder if the caretakers cottage is earmarked for Natti and Amauri? I doubt very much if they have been ‘pigging’ it in one of the attic rooms. They are probably in one of the apartments... either Mummy’s or maybe Potty’s at the moment, but these are prime rental opportunities so I cannot imagine Stephanie leaving them out of the rental schedule for long. Even if the long delayed Natti’s apartment gets finished, it will be too small for a couple.
Have I missed something? I didn't realise Lie Lande had a caretakers cottage... Basmaignee has a gardeners cottage... Beatrix Potter had a cottage...I don't know which cottage you mean?

Reactions: 12
I miss Michael Petherick. I know this will not be a popular view, but he is very talented in many ways. He has clearly had some difficulties recently. There has been speculation about what. But it must be hard to live a life under public scrutiny when things go wrong. I hope he finds his way.

In case anyone is interested, I have been a lurker for a long time. It was through one of Michael's vlogs and a comment on it that I found my way here. I also watch CD but will save comments about that for another time.

Last thing, I am not a flying monkey, but don't mind if anyone thinks I am. It is only time that will untangle this knot, not I.
Welcome 😊

MPK chose to be under scrutiny when he used GoFundMe to renovate the cottage, and then went onto YouTube saying “this is my only job.” Why? He has many talents. He could have been a mobile hairdresser like Annalise (had he learned to drive the car that his brother bought for him). Done wedding hair and makeup, bar work, advertised his services for payment in experienced renovations in other British owned chateaux, done as many have suggested and had his artwork put onto merchandise (which is probably going to happen). He may have various problems. The majority of us do. We still have to work. I used to watch his vlogs when they were regular, but I began to dislike him when he stopped fulfilling his promises. I believe his YouTube and Patreon could have been very lucrative, but it seems his laziness shot him in the foot. It was annoying that he took the money meant for the cottage restoration and went partying in Madrid.

He needs to close YouTube and Patreon and do his art. That appears to be his happy place and those are the best jobs.

• Heart
The horses have bigger digs than he does these days... remember when he was snarky about having to move his stuff farther up for Sadie to have another stable? Well he would have had to do it again for Udea 😁
What does MPeth actually contribute to the chateau now?

In the beginning he had a good YouTube channel. It was interesting, fun and lighthearted. He has a modicum of talent but nothing that anyone else couldn't do if they put their mind to it. Billy and Gwendoline must be at their wits end with him. He's like the last guest at the party who just won't leave. He brings young men (never females!) into the chateau under the guise of cameramen, film editors, help for the cottage who rarely stay longer than a week and then disappear without a mention. I think the Scandinavian lad stayed a while but left under very odd circumstances. And then there's Florian...

Sadie provides something for them. She has done the cleaning and the changeover for chateau and guest houses. She does childcare for Earnest and the baby and she has a plan to start a riding school and livery. I think she will be very good at that. She loves the horses and cares for them correctly. I know that these are rescue animals and are not/probably won't be ridden but it gives her the status and a foothold with the Mairie, the community, the chambre de agriculture so that when the time comes everything is in place. I actually think that, like Billy and her parents, she is quite savvy.

MPeth can't even look after his own dogs or the poultry that he got. Most of the stuff that is stored where the stables are is just crap and should be binned. If he hasn't done anything with it by now he's never going to. He must be the nightmare family member!

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
Have I missed something? I didn't realise Lie Lande had a caretakers cottage... Basmaignee has a gardeners cottage... Beatrix Potter had a cottage...I don't know which cottage you mean?
I think it is the “end of terrace house” which is Baghead Nicks. Calling it a cottage fails the trade description act in my view.😂

• Haha
Reactions: 13
it's not a cottage per se, it's part of the shadow. i think it's on the left from the fountain coming through main gates?

Reactions: 10
Have you bugged my house!!! I keep telling my husband and son that 60 is the new 40 - my gf's all agree. 50 is the new 30 and, yes, 40 is the new 20 😆😘
Yes totally agree, 60 is the new 40. At least it is when you have a 22 year old son. 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
You know, the problem with SJ is that she is cheap and low level in everything she does and owns, because she lacks taste, culture, education and style. Reason being that she grew up in a family where all those things were absent. She has been always surrounded by greed and low morals, and had the ill fortune of being spoilt and given everything she wanted for free. Her ambitious parents believed that if they paid enough to send her to Oxford, she could rise her social level and maybe capture a rich, high class husband.
In the past there were working class people who got very rich and, as nuveau rich, married their children to broke aristocrats, so that the family would get access to the social élites. The novel "The Leopard" tells a similar story.
But at least for one generation the low origin still was visible. In SJ case, although she couldn't find an aristocrat husband, yet she found enough men to get a lot of money from and her Dad bought her a chateau (the more crumbling on the market, but with the turrets and all), so that she could dream of being a rich princess.
Problem is that she did nothing to get herself more educated, more refined, with a better sense of taste and style. She just grabbed and grabbed and grabbed, but only crap. I.e. what she "supposes" is elegant, tasteful, stylish. Her utter ignorance, her hysterical character, her constant need for attention and strong emotions prevent her to lead a normal life.
Her "chateau" is a crumbling ruin, filthy, depressing, cheap looking, filled to the brim with crap of no significant value but that she paid for as if it were pure gold. She actually lives in a branch of Emmaus and she doesn't even know.
That explains why she chose Snorty. You can replace his name as “chateau” in last paragraph.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.