The Chateau Diaries #170 Lately, oatmeal is more interesting than The Chateau Diaries!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Dear La Lande accountants* and French Tax Auditors
Please note that this August 2022 holiday and all related expenses is not tax deductible for Ms Jarvis or any of her related business entities. Vlog attached stating this.
Regards
Rory
* Yes I know you are new, as the last ones bailed doing the last 2 years tax and being slandered in her vlogs for lateness, but just file this away.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 30
Ah but we can't be too hard on them as they were working trips... gondolas, fine dining, safaris, the list goes on but they were working at each location recording content for her cult. Therefore they could not entirely relax and enjoy the whole experience... What a load of tosh...This activity is normal for most people who visit different holiday locations, capturing highlights of their experiences. I took the grandchildren to a local farm yesteray and guess what, I took videos and shared with their parents... I wasn't working I was enjoying the day and capturing memories. The only difference with SJ is she edits and shares with viewers.
she feeds off the attention too she is addicted to it now

Reactions: 20
I've always enjoyed Peter and Annas vlogs and the menagerie of animals. I find him quite amusing and quick witted, Anna genuinely loves her animals and yet the latest vlog found me questioning. The short skirt and braided pigtails reminded me of the Brittany Spears Baby one more time video. She's not old by any means but not young enough to get away with it. How on earth do these women bend over without showing everthing or is that the point that they do and can? There's not a pick on her and yet she's into running and dancing to keep fit. Is that a body image thing? I don't know.

Reactions: 14
I like them too and there is an underlying discomfort for me. The childlike voice, the childlike clothes and he comes across (sometimes ) as "The Master". Why Miss Anna? That screams master and servant.
HOWEVER, if that's their thing, it's fine, many people dress up and play out those fantasies behind closed doors.
I just find myself left feeling a tad uncomfortable at times being/feeling included in their fantasy.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
I've always enjoyed Peter and Annas vlogs and the menagerie of animals. I find him quite amusing and quick witted, Anna genuinely loves her animals and yet the latest vlog found me questioning. The short skirt and braided pigtails reminded me of the Brittany Spears Baby one more time video. She's not old by any means but not young enough to get away with it. How on earth do these women bend over without showing everthing or is that the point that they do and can? There's not a pick on her and yet she's into running and dancing to keep fit. Is that a body image thing? I don't know.
I thought it was just me! I was very confused by that get up, as in the original vlogs when they are cos playing 1940s war chic (even the toaster was 1940s); she was wearing grandma clothes. The getup I was embarrassed for her (she is not that young!). However, I respect and enjoy their Reno skills and the walk through of their projects. And I enjoy their vlogs.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
I dont get it...Fanny has a place in France...no neighbors..lots of space..nature..Why is that mad woman always on the run..travels, roadtrips..omg..the roads in France are stuck with traffic, peage..airtravel these days..a .complete nightmare....We have our place in France for centuries..when i was young, the weather in France was always better than in The Netherlands..but the last 10 or 15 years or so...its just te same..I sometimes wonder why we keep the place there...only for two months a year..It gives income..but also some difficulties sometimes..and we have to pay the housekeepers...I enjoy being home...not being on the road all the time..whats the point having a place like that...and hardly ever spend time there...she could better buy an appartment in Paris...she doesnt even enjoy the french lifestyle...
She is running away from herself.

• Heart
Reactions: 35
Hello. I was lurking here for some time and now I have some things to say. I started following shatow in the time of our second lockdown (autumn/winter 2020/1; I should be learning Spanish during that time, ffs:mad::sick:). My "love" started to cool after that trip to Lago Something with Oliver and his lady. I'm "alergic" to some things, one of them is gushing over fascist poets. After that I started to notice all kind of weird things. I find her relationship with Dutchman very unsettling. I watched only couple of episodes of that gift thing and I think it's disturbing. And so are Christmas preparations and Easter parties.
What I want to say is about lake. I don't remember how long lake is no more (10 years?) and in this time a new microecosystem developed there. She should leave that "field" like it is. Luckily, if she runs out of money nothing will happen there in near future.

Sorry for typos etc. English is not my first language
Another welcome.

The worm is turning and the scales are falling from the eyes. Tick tock Fanny, the cracks are getting bigger it will soon come tumbling down. And I'm here for that.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
I have often thought that while I think Maria's cooking is certainly an upgrade over FRK's, I'm not sure it's worth the $50 per person that's being charged. It definitely looks as though whoever is in charge is giving a meager budget. There's never any decent meat, no fish...four halves of baby potatoes, I can't remember what I've seen for vegetables as all they've talked about is zucchini.......it seems like more attention is paid to the garnishing of whatever they're serving to make it look "elegant", but when you break it all down, it's always, always a cheap meal. Not worth the $50 at all, no matter who is making it. It's been said she serves cheap box wine, too, so you can't even say the money is due to the alcohol!

OMG! I saw that and was so disappointed for the people who had to eat those terrible things she made.
I just made a Pavlova last weekend - we were invited to our neighbor's birthday barbeque and were asked to bring dessert. Since they don't eat things like cake or pie or cookies, I struggled with what to make and came up with Pavlova. I haven't made one in years and I made two of them. I wish I had taken pictures as they were the most beautiful things I've ever made....filled with fresh raspberries, lemon curd (that I made myself from scratch!) and whipped cream, then I squeezed passion fruit over them.......I used this recipe and will say that my version 95% looked like this...and they were not burnt! One of them did get a crack in it, but no one noticed!

View attachment 1492208
Maybe Dana's stuff could be useful for repairing the steps of the collapsing terrace staircase. It looks sturdy enough.

• Haha
Reactions: 34
Whichever system she decides upon, I'm rather hoping the installation is as disruptive as possible. She has dicked people about over the heating for years. People have suffered over her neglect of this heating issue for years. She has stalled, lied, prevaricated and wasted money for years. And she's not even the one who is going to pay for it to be installed. Whatever system she decides to go with, I hope the installation is messy, dirty and aggravates the hell out of her. I hope it gives her sleepless nights and I hope that somehow Snorty gets the blame for it all.
Oh it will, none of that will come without mess and disruption.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
A holiday my arse, they have gone for a week end. Back at the Shitoo on Sunday.
Shouldn't she have written Philip Janssen and me? Not I... being the phrase an object of the sentence. Is this what they teach you at Oxford at an English Literature degree course?

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I have often thought that while I think Maria's cooking is certainly an upgrade over FRK's, I'm not sure it's worth the $50 per person that's being charged. It definitely looks as though whoever is in charge is giving a meager budget. There's never any decent meat, no fish...four halves of baby potatoes, I can't remember what I've seen for vegetables as all they've talked about is zucchini.......it seems like more attention is paid to the garnishing of whatever they're serving to make it look "elegant", but when you break it all down, it's always, always a cheap meal. Not worth the $50 at all, no matter who is making it. It's been said she serves cheap box wine, too, so you can't even say the money is due to the alcohol!

OMG! I saw that and was so disappointed for the people who had to eat those terrible things she made.
I just made a Pavlova last weekend - we were invited to our neighbor's birthday barbeque and were asked to bring dessert. Since they don't eat things like cake or pie or cookies, I struggled with what to make and came up with Pavlova. I haven't made one in years and I made two of them. I wish I had taken pictures as they were the most beautiful things I've ever made....filled with fresh raspberries, lemon curd (that I made myself from scratch!) and whipped cream, then I squeezed passion fruit over them.......I used this recipe and will say that my version 95% looked like this...and they were not burnt! One of them did get a crack in it, but no one noticed!

They charge $50 for the meal. Here is the alleged breakdown re. costs:

$5.00 ingredients
$1.00 alcohol
$4.00 Argentinian presence
.50 AnnieMarie serving
.25 chef
.10 flowers by Pavlova
.15 Dana consultation with chef
$5.00 Emmaus tab payments
$4.00 nail polish
$1.00 estrogen
$10.00 African vase payments
$5.00 Vet payments
$14.00 Baghead payoff

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
She is running away from herself.
The torment of the narc, they want, love, they want to travel, the want to be admired, the want friends but everything and everyone always disappoints and the always feel hollow and empty inside. They can't grasp why it never is enough, must be horrid really.

Reactions: 19
She was so terribly busy with ALL of the things she NEEDED to get done before they left for their holiday (first one they've had in ages....liars), so what to they do sod off to another brocante. Rushes back still can't get her tit together, so decides to flounce around the garden. I wish they'd leave that poor bloody hedgehog alone, it thought it was safe with the chickens but no. Please, please, please let it be that Baghead wants out.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
Shouldn't she have written Philip Janssen and me? Not I... being the phrase an object of the sentence. Is this what they teach you at Oxford at an English Literature degree course?
You are correct, although I don't know if a university literature course covers grammar. Starting a sentence with 'but', is not correct either (as found in the same post), but plenty of writers don't like to be bound by these rules.🤷‍♂️

• Haha
Reactions: 11
yes she should have, I was thinking the same thing. You wouldn't say Nick invited "I" now would you. Come on Fanny.

• Heart
Reactions: 10

Yesterday's, 8/11/22, CD's live chat...

cbwjl3D.gif

Donny Slader He built an elevator for mummy
Donny Slader If they tell us it won’t be a secret door anymore
Donny Slader I heard he built a gift room to house all the freebees
Donny Slader The gift room will house Philips brooch collection
Donny Slader The new entrance is called the lavender room

200w (5).gif

Percy Attfield Hello to all. I hope you enjoy the vlog.
Isabelle Jarvis Good evening everyone. Just made it!
Laura Claudia Good evening dear @Percy Attfield and @isabelle Jarvis How are you? Already in London?
Isabelle Jarvis Laura Claudia yes we are
The Chateau Diaries Hello from our mystery destination!
The Chateau Diaries @isabelle Jarvis Hello darling Mummy - I can’t wait to see you next week
Isabelle Jarvis The château diaries us too!XXX

first-firsttimer.gif

Wendy Grimwood Hi @IsabelleJarvis will you still be there mid September? Would love to meet you
Isabelle Jarvis Wendy Grimwood we could be it depends on the dates
Wendy Grimwood @Isabellejarvis I am coming on the 15th
Wendy Grimwood @ Chateau Diaries my first time in live chat!
The Chateau Diaries @Wendy Grimwood Hello!

but-first-we-eat-lets-eat-first.gif

The Chateau Diaries I’ve heard good news from Channel 4 - we’ll be able to reveal the Marquis’ Salon in September! YAY!!!
Laura Claudia @the Chateau Diaries Hello Stephanie, I watched the other vlog, when you picked the lavender and I was just wondering, what happened that you did not travel a lot this summer, glad to hear you are now
The Chateau Diaries @Laura Claudia Philip and I eat with the guests every weekend, so we can’t ever leave for more than a few days, but it’s wonderful to get away for a while to spend time with Nic, Marie and Antoine

Potty 2021-07-07.png

Michael Potts F1 Hello EVeryone!!!
Michael Potts F1 @isabelle Jarvis HELLO!!!!
The Chateau Diaries @Michael Potts F1 Hello Michael! Do you have a premiere tonight?
Isabelle Jarvis Michael Potts hello! Your vlog is making my husband very happy!

200 (3).gif

Sweet Baby J Old decanter like that make really fancy Febreeze spray bottles!
Sweet Baby J Speaking of gardens, @the Chateau Diaries, how is the chapel garden doing with this horrible drought?
Sweet Baby J Speaking of the lil shop, @the Chateau Diaries, when will it open? Is it just for b&b guests or can anyone drop by? Is is just for patron days or year round?
Sweet Baby J @the Chateau Diaries is Kirstie the only gardener right now? Just part time? We hardly see her anymore.
Sweet Baby J Anyone else think Chloe & Stuart look very much alike?
Sweet Baby J I also think @Kents Piano & @Jadon Dubey look very similar.

karen-karening.gif

Karen Howatt I still feel you should not be keeping project for C4 when your patreons pay $30k a month
Kent's Piano @Karen Howatt Most of what you list aren't being shown because they are on hold for the moment.
Karen Howatt @Kent's Piano why are they on hold? no mention in the vlogs???
Kent's Piano @Karen Howatt The filiming for british television is free advertising for the youtube channel. It's how the youtube channel initially took off.
Karen Howatt @Kent's Piano there are hardly any projects being shown from start to finish at the moment, whats happening to the chapel? The Grande Salon? Natty and Gerry's apartment, the lake? the list goes on
Val Slater @Karen Howatt we had an update on all of these in yesterday patron vlog
Kent's Piano @Karen Howatt Stephanie updates the patrons every month on all these projects.
Karen Howatt @Val Slater Im not a patron any more, so what the update?
Karen Howatt @Kent's Piano Im no longer a patron, what the update?
Nature Lover @Karen, give it a rest!!!
Karen Howatt @Nature Lover just asking for an update, not need to be rude darling
Nature Lover No, you are the one being extremely rude, please!!!
Val Slater @Karen Howatt , too long to type but things will be progressing on many fronts but nothing happens in France in August as most people on holiday
Karen Howatt @Val Slater Im a francophile darling, I know!! but nothing has happened since god knows when and $30k a month from patreon! Anna & Phil managed to refit their entire kitchen in 2 months!
Sweet Baby J @Karen Howatt, to be fair How to Renovate a Chateau gets much more money each month.
Karen Howatt @Sweet Baby J more than $30 thousand dollars a month, sweet baby jesus, Im in the wrong job, I can see why Olive and his wife jumped on the band wagon!!!
Kent's Piano @Karen Howatt Stephanie is saving a lot of the patreon money for the lake and for the heating retrofit, both of which will cost hundreds of thousands of euros...
Karen Howatt @Kent's Piano I can imagine, so glad they wont be shivering next winter!!
Karen Howatt @Kent's Piano so glad to hear this, the chateau must be so cold in the winter

drake-and-josh-yes.gif

Isabelle Jarvis Goodnight everyone thank you for being here with us
Michael Potts F1 Have a wonderful adventure @the Chateau Diaries
The Chateau Diaries @Michael Potts F1 Have you got a video now?
Percy Attfield Bey bey everyone enjoy the holiday @the Chateau Diaries
Michael Potts F1 @the Chateau Diaries I do
The Chateau Diaries I’m going over to @Michael Potts F1 premiere now!
The Chateau Diaries @Percy Attfield Thank you Percy! We’re loving it

(y)
DeAnn P Hit the LIKE button everyone
CasperP hit LIKE

bangvoyage-publizity.gif

The Chateau Diaries Goodnight all, see you on Sunday - or right now in Michael’s premiere

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 23
It isn’t the first time that we get the lecture about recycling and reusing, this time at the flea market (don’t get me wrong I’m all for recycling) but in that case why do they fly places so many times a year? doesn’t it contribute to global warming, pollution, and leaves a huge carbon footprint. So we are supposed to believe that that are concerned about it!! Lies again!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 29

View attachment 1492208
I love that recipe!!! Though I’ve never had much success making homemade lemon curd, lol.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Most definitely NOT, she's just fat. Sorry for being so blunt, but that's the only language that Bullying Argentinian Troll understands. She herself thinks it's okay to rate the looks of the guests that stay in the B&B she's supposed to be running, sipping her Mata at the kitchen table instead of checking her phone to see if anybody needs help with anything.
Thank you Clara. There has been so much speculation, when the topic was raised yet again in this thread - thought we might as well secure FINAL CONFIRMATION. And you did just that. Hoping we can all move on now.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.