The Chateau Diaries #170 Lately, oatmeal is more interesting than The Chateau Diaries!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
TBH, @howlingwolf68. After working full time for over 4.5 decades, being totally financially independent my entire life life and a single mother since my son was 6 (this year 35). I absolutely love my new space and personal freedom. AND, my advice would be, get yourself a really good financial adviser to make whatever property/pensions/investments etc you currently have to work to your best advantage in the longest term.
Sounds like my life story right there. Except I have a boy and girl.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Does anyone recognise the mountains in her plane photo? Then we can have a game guessing where she is going.
Interesting... No Transavia flights from Limoges, which means they are flying from somewhere else. Most popular destinations with Transavia is to Greece...
All destinations served by our flights – Transavia

Edit: Unless the mountains portrayed are the Pyrenees, and that they're all headed for Larkin's Portugese holiday home...

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 25
No no I'm sure it too many Oats.

Does anyone recognise the mountains in her plane photo? Then we can have a game guessing where she is going.
You know I started to look up where that airline flies from & looking at destinations & whether there was a link with a cruise port starting point..& then I realised you're giving her far too much attention. You remember the Dan scenario where we all played guess the destination.. 🤣
I thought to myself - I don't actually care where she is or says she is or pretends how long she's gone for. Sorry Fanny you're a bore now. 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 29
You know I started to look up where that airline flies from & looking at destinations & whether there was a link with a cruise port starting point..& then I realised you're giving her far too much attention. You remember the Dan scenario where we all played guess the destination.. 🤣
I thought to myself - I don't actually care where she is or says she is or pretends how long she's gone for. Sorry Fanny you're a bore now. 🤣
Exactly that. As for her pumped up Pubey travel companion what a waste of space he is. He looks like Ronald McDonald's Love child with his luminous red rinse. What a pointless pretentious ponce

• Haha
Reactions: 16
It seems SJ taking a break from filming is code that Nic's lovely wife (and her son) are also done with the pink phone in their face.

• Heart
Reactions: 38
I miss Michael Petherick. I know this will not be a popular view, but he is very talented in many ways. He has clearly had some difficulties recently. There has been speculation about what. But it must be hard to live a life under public scrutiny when things go wrong. I hope he finds his way.

In case anyone is interested, I have been a lurker for a long time. It was through one of Michael's vlogs and a comment on it that I found my way here. I also watch CD but will save comments about that for another time.

Last thing, I am not a flying monkey, but don't mind if anyone thinks I am. It is only time that will untangle this knot, not I.
Welcome aboard.

Reactions: 13
Was Fanny and PhiPhi flying on a private plane? This might have been discussed and I missed it. We have to be at the airport at least 3 hours before take off but it’s seems like they just left when they felt like it (midnight typical) this would be an upgrade she would definitely want to conceal from her adoring fans
No a cheaper offshoot of KLM and AirFrance

Reactions: 12
No no I'm sure it too many Oats.

Judging by the pretty shadows in the landscape beneath the plane, and an apparently early a.m. flight, my guess is one of the Greek islands. Somewhere south east of France, anyway!

The usual mad timetable - middle of the night drive to the airport for a 3 hour pre departure check in. Then a few days on the no-vlog- holiday (perhaps Nick the Baghead made zero filming a condition of the invitation), return trip all in a rush to get from the airport to Lalande in time for another courgette-themed* dinner with B&B guests...every chance the plane will be delayed - it's August, peak holiday season, air traffic control across European countries have a reputation for going on strike. Barely time to take the cases out of the car and away she goes again, zooming to the Channel Tunnel and under La Manche to be reunited with Mr & Mrs Attfield. Enough time in England to celebrate her birthday before loading up the octagenarians and their luggage for the return drive to Lalande. Snortikins at her side throughout, in a sulk as there's neithert toile to twirl nor china to fondle.

Lunacy. But soooooooo Lalande.

* Memo to Kistie and/or Pavlova: cut the courgettes befode they turn into marrows.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
Just watched today's CD video.

Dan has always called the pink toile bedroom “the creepy dead girl room.” He said after the recent updating by the gruesome twosome, “it now certainly is.”

Fanny makes Anne Marie show us the hidden door again and it pretty much looks the same as it did a few days ago. But that doesn’t stop Fanny from gushing over the amazing incredible door created by Anne Marie . Then Anne Marie mentioned he selected the door from the “heaps of doors” Fanny has accumulated at the Shittoo. So, in essence, he chose a door from a pile and put new hinges on it.

Fanny and the Douche Lord have been to so many brocantes that they now recognize pieces they saw at brocantes in other areas during their trip to the local brocante today. Fanny made the obligatory dead daddy reference when purchasing an old Avon perfume horse shaped bottle because it reminded her so much of daddy Derek’s stylized horses. She told a pouting phi phi no to several purchase recommendations. Fanny is really waiting until vacation time to go digging in brocantes at a distant location.

Fanny stated that she thought about getting a bell for Nic’s apartment but did not do so. Hmmmm……

After brocanting, Fanny has to do the old “ I am so busy and in a rush routine” to create a fake sense of urgency since she has filmed no interesting content and does not do any restoration at the Dump.

She states that panic has begun to set in and she has so much to do. She states that she “must race back to her desk to edit”

However, once she returns to LieLande, she wanders around the vegetable garden, filming closeup video of her greedy claw 🖐 grasping and plucking blackberries and tomatoes to eat unwashed off the vine. Filthy veggies, that’s so LieLande! And the obligatory harassing of the hedgehog in the garden.

Unfortunately for Maria, there appears to be weeks of courgettes to be harvested. Fanny may need to wear a hard hat at the Dump for the next month.

Fanny continues the “ I am so overburdened and busy” spiel by claiming that she “ran upstairs to get her suitcase” and was “ so flustered trying to get ready” , “it was complete madness” and could not finish her video editing before time to rush to the airport.

Then we watch the Douche Lord eat dinner in the big boy dining room with all of the B andB guests who are twice his age.

But never fear, Fanny makes sure to tell you that as soon as the editing is done, she will be not be filming and will be relaxing for days. Wheeeee!
I love this ❤

And, oh the horror, imagine being so flustered she completely forgot to film the main course and dessert!
Like we freakin' care about more roasted courgettes stuffed with (guess what?!) zucchini, and courgette flavoured iceceam with zucchini cake.

• Haha
Reactions: 19
I miss Michael Petherick. I know this will not be a popular view, but he is very talented in many ways. He has clearly had some difficulties recently. There has been speculation about what. But it must be hard to live a life under public scrutiny when things go wrong. I hope he finds his way.
I’m with you on that one, I know he’s been a bit of a berk but he is personable and he was a good influence on Fanny as far as renovation and content, probably not such a good influence in regards to the drinking. I wonder if she misses those lasagnas and espresso martinis

Reactions: 8
Why does everything have to be 'a secret'? That's one way in which the vlogs have certainly changed.

Are there industrial spies trying to steal Amaury's revolutionary hinge design, so they can get a head start and launch first in the competitive global market of hidden chateau doors?

Are we supposed to believe there are hordes of paparazzi staking out the airports of France, so they can get an exclusive on where the chatelaine is going for yet another holiday?

Get over yourself, woman!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 48
"P.S. I hate fascism in any form it may take place, be it a right or left movement, be it under the appearance of a democracy or a dictatorship and unfortunately today that is where the world is heading."
Hugo Boss are currently hunting their archives for uniform designs. 😄

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I dont get it...Fanny has a place in France...no neighbors..lots of space..nature..Why is that mad woman always on the run..travels, roadtrips..omg..the roads in France are stuck with traffic, peage..airtravel these days..a .complete nightmare....We have our place in France for centuries..when i was young, the weather in France was always better than in The Netherlands..but the last 10 or 15 years or so...its just te same..I sometimes wonder why we keep the place there...only for two months a year..It gives income..but also some difficulties sometimes..and we have to pay the housekeepers...I enjoy being home...not being on the road all the time..whats the point having a place like that...and hardly ever spend time there...she could better buy an appartment in Paris...she doesnt even enjoy the french lifestyle...

• Heart
Reactions: 38
Actually it's the only way for Stephanie Jarvis to spend time with her bff Larkin, as his wife Marie refuses to spend more time at the shittoo. She is not the kind of person to say no and deny her husband anything, but spending time at the shittoo has become such a drag and she really can't anymore, or so I've heard.
I wonder if the caretakers cottage is earmarked for Natti and Amauri? I doubt very much if they have been ‘pigging’ it in one of the attic rooms. They are probably in one of the apartments... either Mummy’s or maybe Potty’s at the moment, but these are prime rental opportunities so I cannot imagine Stephanie leaving them out of the rental schedule for long. Even if the long delayed Natti’s apartment gets finished, it will be too small for a couple.

Reactions: 13
According to Facebook they have flown somewhere. Who in the heck paid for that???? Did the Hedgehog service the pilot in exchange for passage???? How many trips has this pair taken in the last year at the expense of Patreon?????
Ah but we can't be too hard on them as they were working trips... gondolas, fine dining, safaris, the list goes on but they were working at each location recording content for her cult. Therefore they could not entirely relax and enjoy the whole experience... What a load of tosh...This activity is normal for most people who visit different holiday locations, capturing highlights of their experiences. I took the grandchildren to a local farm yesteray and guess what, I took videos and shared with their parents... I wasn't working I was enjoying the day and capturing memories. The only difference with SJ is she edits and shares with viewers.

• Heart
My spidey senses are telling me there’s a work slow down until she pays back the $200-$300K she spent on non-allowable projects paid for by the association. Probably included travel and construction on the apartments that would be disallowed. I seem to remember her buying new mattresses, saying she’d hire Natti and other weird things for the Patreon goals in the earlier days. Things that wouldn’t be allowed. Like Selmar’s tools, a lawnmower for mummy (not sure on this one - could just be considered maintenance and not a permanent improvement). Someone needs to go back and look at that video because I think it’s pretty telling. Fleuries didn’t do anything but buy tile for their kitchen. No cabinets, no stove, no paint, no tiles etc. there’s a reason for that. Those things probably aren’t allowed. She probably also charged a shitload of admin to the association as well. Including travel that had nothing to do with allowable projects. That’s why everything but the garden and Anne Marie has ground to a halt.
It's 'Spodey' sense dahling, Spodey. 😊😄

• Haha
  • Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.