Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Trengilly

VIP Member
I am sorry you had to go through that.
As mentioned, I spent 15 years going to Al-Anon with a bunch of hilarious gay men. (Women's Al-Anon is all Prozac abuse and I-can't-wive-wivout-him). There's no story I haven't heard about people abusing gay children with impunity. One of the things I learned was from the Bhagavad Gita, which has helped me a lot. Auuuuoooommmm.

So sweet of you. I do recall laughing in the moment but embarrassed to tell my Mother. anyway, thanks you for the selected piece. xoxo

• Heart
Reactions: 7

suthern_lurker

VIP Member
Deivids in the YT series Do and Be Different Family says @13:05 that he's leaving the rebar out of the concrete extension he's building contiguous to his old farmhouse because....extension must expand and contract as the house does in winter and summer. Otherwise, if extension is connected to the house with rebar it will crack, and will crack farmhouse. He's also not building walls, more like pouring a foundation with a pump house embedded in it. They're using big building stones as filler/reinforcement.
He's not a construction guy, but a DIYer like everyone else, and possibly the hardest-working young man in the universe.

Yes I like watching them- the Do and Be Different young ones- they are hard workers and keep the vlogs short which is good. Not the added drama- or wasn’t even I had watched- it’s been a while.

Ready for your close up, Mat the Jungle Slayer?
I'll be popping the speshul Catalan espelette-flavored hot tamale popcorn.

I'm blissing out with Martijn Doolaard and tuning back into the Do and Be Different Family kids, Despina and Deivids, who are waaaaay less manic now even though still manically hard working. Also now in love with Paul and Yip, from Help We Bought A Village, who are two nice YT innocents rehabbing by themselves a tiny farm workers' hamlet in Normandy. Funded by their wages as gardeners. One of their insta fans just told them to start a go fund me and it had just £2,139 at last check. Still grateful and just falling off the cusp of innocent. The theme here is hard work, no money.
I like watching the young couple too-
they are an inspiration!
To see them- not afraid of work! 🏆

I did the same. Her father was the Director of Southampton Institute (and was not without some controversy of his own) and her mother was a Home Economics teacher. Clammyknickers, along with her 4 sisters, was brought up in Southampton.
Yes indeed - a very interesting tale.

DEEPblue82

Yesss Gladys!
I was thinking Agnes for some reason!
Agatha Harkness/ Wanda's nosy neighbor Agnes in WandaVision

And Matt is no Amaury, he can put his shirt back on. If anything, he's the Dan of the Spikey House, although both Ollie and Camilla seem quite taken with him!
You gobble what you can get...

Thank you Jules100 for my new avatar. Too bad you're a lady, otherwise I yould make jokes of having a blue D.

Last edited:
  • Haha

M&MsMom

VIP Member
What is it in regards to on here?
I’m not being a smart a$$ I just might not have caught up to what that’s about.
Also I don’t watch that show so I was clueless on that too! Lol!!!
🤷🏼‍♀️
It was in response to @Arfarf 's post.
I don't watch the show anymore, either. It was from Real Housewives of Atlanta.
The person who said "who's gonna check me, boo?' was that woman pictured on Real Housewives of Atlanta.
I remember everyone was saying that line after she said it on the show, and even Google called it an "iconic" line.

suthern_lurker

VIP Member
Hey that’s in my price range!!!
😍😍😍
Wondering how my gifs were reversed on 2 posts I made? Hmmm....well leave It to me to do that and have no idea how I did it!!! 🤦🏼‍♀️
So just know that the jewelry goes on the jewelry one and Edie goes on the Grey Gardens post.
* and sorry if I wasn’t supposed to comment on my own post! Lol!

• Haha
I'm beginning to think CG might be on the spectrum. She doesn't/can't read the room and her recall is expressed in lists.
Exactly what I was thinking. Am trying to remember if any guest portrayed these traits as to get someone onto your “team” imo there would have to have been a personal meeting first.

suthern_lurker

VIP Member
Lighting is hard to get right at first. My ex would only allow me 3 table lamps in the whole of the house and 2 of those were in our bedroom. After he left I was on a mission to fill the house with table tamps. There were a few failures and I have somehow ended up with 19 lamps and 3 floor lamps.🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️
Having now worked out what works and doesn’t I find I only need 10 and 3 floor lamps so I need to get my act together and sell some on market place. Don’t even start me on how many lampshades I have🫣🫣. In my defence I did a couple of lampshade making courses so I had to practice at home. Think I should sell most of those as well. I have a bit of a weird one which could be spooky to some people, but it’s a copy of one sold in the Jasper Conran shop for around £410.
My favourite is my Ordenance Survy map one which I made featuring the area of Hampshire I originate from.

Whoops now I’ve derailed.😔
Lovely, unique and tasteful!!! Many custom shades I’m not wild about but these I really admire and would use! What great conversation starters! Sorry- I’m not coming up with good adjectives- have my 5 yr old little grand daughter overnight tonight (helping out her Mom). So my mind is a little frazzled! 😜
Wonderful bespoke shades you created!!! I’m loving the whimsical birds on shade frames- would love those in my sunroom! *In EU I believe it’s solarium or conservatory- 5 yr old calling it the “light room” lately!!! 😂

• Haha

Le Baiseur

VIP Member
We got a letter from Roadstone this week. They are the main supplier in Ireland of cement, bricks, gravel, hardcore and pavers. Fourth price increase in a year - another 10%. Cumulatively the increase in 12 months almost 50%. Dan needs to bulk buy his blocks sooner rather than later as I'm sure french suppliers are not dissimilar to Irish.

I checked the building manual and hubby right on both the infill and the sequence of dpc and insulation. I could bore you with screen shots of the manual but let's not.
I'm also bewildered by the lack of rebar use. Maybe it's a seismic requirement here in California and not widely used in France?

Yankee Doodle

Dear God... I can never unsee this. What that woman did to perfectly innocent food in the name of "gastronomy" was a crime. Hacking away with dull knives, boiling a single sweet potato for an hour to serve it with no butter or seasoning as a garnish -- it was appalling. But I just about shit myself when she said she was doing something "in the French way". Apologize to France bitch!!!

I do not watch her videos. Why are they made at the Shitoo?

BlessingoftheHounds

I just get buy one / get one free Miller Lite coupons. I didn’t realize there were other options. I might have negotiated a better deal. But then again, those coupons are handy.
I'm in Publix territory (on vacay), but I'll gladly give you all my Kroger points :love:

• Heart
  • Haha

howlingwolf68

My read of Marie Larkin's CV is that she's a lobbyist. I didn't live in D.C. for decades without learning they run the country, write legislation, fund things like Kavanaugh's debts and mortgages with dark money, run guns, mercenaries and nukes for all I know. They are the crookedest people in the world. In the US, the Chamber of Commerce -- also on Marie's CV -- is a Republican party operative, as those who recall the 50-year battle plan outlined in the 1971 Powell Memo (by SCOTUS candidate Lewis Powell to the chair of the "education" committee of the US Chamber of Commerce) will remember. Dunno if it's the same right-wing force for propagandizing/taking over public media in Europe, but I suspect its agenda -- including opposition to raising the minimum wage -- is similar.
Of course I could be wrong. Oh and we do know cruise ships operate in international waters free of environmental regulations and labor law?
Parrrfect.
I need what your smoking 🤣🤣🤣😘

• Haha

Beachgirl

VIP Member
No, Europe is 6 hours ahead of me. I'm on the East coast of the United States.
I haven't watched today's vlog yet, but I just looked at YouTube and it shows that Chateau Diaries landed an hour ago - so that would be around 4:00 pm my time (it's currently a little after 5:00 pm right now).
Yes Europe as in France is one hour ahead of the UK so you are still 5 hours behind me😂😂

• Heart

MagpieSassyPants

oh fuck… no pressure there.. but thanks.

You know , since those lgbtq+ people are all over the place, not being jailed anymore, they developed a much more freely and open-minded „less worry, more fun“ lifestyle. That includes them doing risky things.

swipe that incident under the rug for now.

@HalcyonOrganic I think there is a problem with tone in my posts that perhaps you have taken the wrong way, and for that I am sorry. I have been an active ally since I was seven years old. I don't perceive lgbtqia+ as being " all over the place" I perceive them as being wonderful members of society. I apologize sincerely for implying anything but that; I think the issue is because in my experience many long term gay relationships are indeed open, which is why I wanted specific advice. Please let me know how I can possibly make this up to you and make it better? I hate it that I have offended you in any way.

• Heart