The Chateau Diaries #157 You'll never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy, caution is advised!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
You would think, by now, someone would have explained to Fanny how an unheated building expands and contracts more noticeably with temperature and seasonal weather changes. So, all the expensive wallpaper she hangs will show the seams as the walls expand and contract. All the paneling will crack, warp, and pull away, leaving gaps as the house expands and contracts. If she doesn’t heat the farmhouse for the comfort of the occupants, you would think she might heat the farmhouse to simply protect her precious wallpaper and paneling investments.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 35
I remember when they removed the radiators it was stated they put anti freeze in them and according to Google...
"Do not use automotive antifreeze in heating boiler systems. Some of these can clog the boiler heat exchanger. Some boiler antifreeze products can be tested for the level of rust inhibitor in the system, but not all; if yours can be tested, have that test performed every few years." Might this be the cause of the rust leaks? You be the judge.
I might have to ask the caretaker at school if he has to add anything to ours.

Reactions: 9
My spider sense tells me Fanny doesn’t know how to swim. She likes the romantic idea if floating about the lake in a rowboat reading poetry, but would never actually get in the water. Has anyone ever seen her swim and rarely, if ever in a swim costume?
Fanny is not an outdoor creature and because she wouldn’t use the pool she doesn’t see the value in it. Same thing with the derelict tennis court. Fanny is too self-absorbed and lacks the business sense to understand that a pool and tennis court would be attractive to paying customers. Ofcourse, now that she doesn’t need to run a full-fledged B+B, and instead just runs a weekend guest house for adoring patrons, Fanny is even less interested in a pool and tennis court at the Shiteau. Fanny can’t wallpaper a pool!
I remember seeing her in her mother's pool in South Africa...but I'm pretty sure she was drinking tea or orange juice at the time. So...not swimming, just standing. You might be right! Poor little Fanny. Doesn't know how to swim. 🤭

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 18
So why was Fanny tripping down the stairs from Potties apartment the next morning after her marathon delete the e mails session? Bearing in mind her office which she didn’t leave until the early hours is right next door to her bedroom so why end up at the other end of the shittoo.
Also explains why creepy Anders is still awaiting a reply to his e mail and desperately messages her on YT about it, it was sitting with the other 9,999 unanswered messages. Silly tart playing the innocent there is no way in this day and age that she didn’t know about sorting her messages.
Maria is now laid low with the lurgy that never leaves the shittoo. Those 11 patreons better be aware that it will be more than scented candles that they will be bringing back with them.
I take it that the intermittent fasting where she doesn’t eat until 3.30 in the afternoon does not extend to drinking wine. Already glugging away at a glass before she even left the kitchen. And wow what refreshments she provided for the guests one potato cake cut up into minuscule portions. Good job scent lady brought some food with her, she obviously has prior knowledge of the hospitality on offer. And really fasting until 3.30 is definitely no hardship to Fanny as she is normally in bed until that time each day.
Again another vlog about duck all. Minutes of driving down an empty country road rather like Selmar’s solitary bike rides that went on for ever. Anne Marie still not doing any panelling but putting shutters up in Potties apartment probably to put a stop to Squirrel boy peeping through the windows at night and then the B & B manager not tending to any admin but cooking in the kitchen.
oh and what important papers were being dropped off at the Marie’s office?
Maybe it was plans for the open days she was getting sorted at the Marie?
Yeah...Nah

• Haha
Reactions: 8
A lot of angst from FRK on IG. I don’t know how to Xfer info across to this page but from what I can gather she is trying to get professional help but is struggling to get appointments. Partly because she hasn’t got the right paperwork after not living in Norway for so long. She also implies that she has finally let go of the past that she was clinging onto. France is no longer for her And thinks Australia/New Zealand is where she wants to go next.
NO No NOOOOOOO! Europe can keep her we don't want her downunder!

OH NO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FRK.... we have very poisonious snakes and spiders o_O in Australia...... just keep going on to our Kiwi cousins , they have better road side flowers ;):love:
Are you trying to start a war??? We don't want her here. Let her go to Oz and have someone drop her off in the outback to find flowers...hopefully the wildlife will take care of her.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
He’s still working on the bleeping dental trim. Either he is slow or she slowed him down on purpose.
I think it is both. Amaury is OCD slow. My brother was like that. He would paint a door and literally watch the paint dry to make sure it was perfect.

Reactions: 14
Oh a tidbit I forgot from todays video. What do you want to bet she either bought her aunts convertible Mercedes or purchased one for herself?

• Heart
Reactions: 17
He’s still working on the bleeping dental trim. Either he is slow or she slowed him down on purpose.
Amaury actually showed us his process to make the special, unavailable anywhere else, world’s most expensive dentil trim. It’s a bit of a process, but doesn’t take that long and the Marquis sitting room isn’t that big. They have slowed things way down on purpose or it’s been done for a while.

Reactions: 28
Apparently SJ likes to repeatedly play that "poor me" role when it suits her purpose in life. BUT, those of us who recognise a fully fledged N player, know 100% better!

I'm sure that even the pearl clutching grannies know that if Fanny needs more money, all she needs to do is make daily videos for her YouTube channel, just like she does during Advent.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Fanny has already planned her escape so she doesnt care about others. She plans to save herself by lowering herself down from her room to the courtyard using her wicker basket.

Has Dan seen the writing on the wall? Does he know his days are numbered at the Shittoo? Will nick the tree guy build him a tree house in the forest in which to live? Will he move into his septic tank at Annalise’s house? Or live in his van?
You remind me of the voice over at the beginning and end of Jane the Virgin.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Did she really show the 6000 mails or did she say she has 6000 mails?
Did not show, she said 9,000

I'll become your patreon if you promiss to do a betteer job then sj & fleuries together.

Like the anti chateau channel who pokes fun at the other two
I’ll buy into it with you! I do not do crafts or DIY but I’m not afraid of hard work!!

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 9
I can't decide what's my worst trigger at Lalande. For some reason, not repairing the windows makes me hop up and down like a maniac.
No fire insurance, no repair of the electrics board which started the fire years ago, no heating infrastructure in the grand salon, underfloor heating wrongly installed -- these range from so huge and crazy I can't wrap my head around it, to stunned googly eyes at the massive ineluctable list of fuckups, to grim forbearance at the existence of evil in the world.
But the windows????? Ooooooohhh grrrrrrl.

Windows for me too, because I know that completely stripping a window, re- puttying, undercoating and then painting is a cheap job which could have been finished in the first year of ownership. Imagine hanging all those new curtains madam made over filthy, rotting windows? The next trigger for me was the decrepit laundry. Having that room in such a filthy state for years, before Tomas, was unbelievable to me. All it took was a coat of paint, new shelving and a good clean out. That family have always lived in filth I imagine because these jobs were not expensive and should have been done straight away. I couldn't have looked at that squalor for 16 years.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
So Chopper Dan has a bike!!!

Will he join the "Gypsy Jokers " Bikie Group??? He is a "joke" !!!

Will he do tricks too ???

Are you trying to start a war??? We don't want her here. Let her go to Oz and have someone drop her off in the outback to find flowers...hopefully the wildlife will take care of her.
She is NOT coming to Oz........ we have too many Kiwi's here as it is ! :love:

*Only joking ❤ :love:

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
I remember when they removed the radiators it was stated they put anti freeze in them and according to Google...
"Do not use automotive antifreeze in heating boiler systems. Some of these can clog the boiler heat exchanger. Some boiler antifreeze products can be tested for the level of rust inhibitor in the system, but not all; if yours can be tested, have that test performed every few years." Might this be the cause of the rust leaks? You be the judge.
I would not be surprised if her failure to maintain and use the heater system properly caused it to fail. Fanny is like Dan, she doesn’t follow instructions or rules, doesn’t want to pay overhead and maintenance expenses, and treats anything that is routine or not pretty as unimportant. She screwed up the electrical and the pond thru her own negligence. they put in heating for the flooring that was inappropriate. After Daddy died, I don’t think anything was maintained, just decorated.

Reactions: 22
Oh, look! It's Jason Dubey's plant!
And she called his name out at the end of the vlog.
You just know he's on Cloud Nine!

1656648383056.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
NO No NOOOOOOO! Europe can keep her we don't want her downunder!

Deary me could you imagine her away from an urban centre and lattes? I will keep you posted if my local rag reports a weird woman lost collecting flowers in the middle of whoop whoop. Or run over by a road train!

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.