Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Summerbaby

VIP Member
Have you noticed all her new dresses this summer are some form of toille de joye?
I wonder if they are zara dresses?
Tbh, they all look second hand to me but I do know that this season's fashion is "milk maid" with puffy sleeved style type dresses/blouses for some unknown reason - just why as not particularly flattering for most body types.
But obviously, that style is generally only for those in their 20/30 and into their early 40's being the norm! I personally don't shop at Zara basically because I am not 20/30 or even just into my early 40s. Can't even be bothered to look on Zara's website for clarification either. Sorry @Albee? :love:

Reactions: 10

noisette

For some insane reason I just watched the latest vlog (yes NZ is the first country in the world to see the day - my older sister taught me that when I used to get confused about other countries and time, were they ahead or behind us................she's a know-it-all scientist, yet I digress).
SJ is definitely listening to Tattlers.
The Jag is being dealt with - note the 'Marie crashed it here' bit but the other major dents were there too.....
Both SJ and Phiphi are 'seen' to be doing some work.
SJ makes a point of wearing a non-bright coloured dress and comments on it ie: not the Yellow dress
They are picking out stuff to sell in the new shop - ie not merchandise
The volunteers are made to feel special although they did cook the dinner......
Clearing a hallway is suggested to be equal to renovation
Her room is shown - still in state it was left when wall taken down
Kirsty is shown shearing the sheep - poor bastards were left with full fleece in the heat wave - I'll wager Kirsty took pity on them and wasn't asked to do it
And Maria was shown wiping the kitchen table ... well one end of it.

• Haha

WMGL

VIP Member
Well.......

More distraction from the lack of real renovation work being done at the HMN for over $30,000 per month. Where is the money being spent? The wood was bought months ago, Amaury is paid each month from the Patreon, he brought his own equipment... Where is it all going? Why is it not being spent on addressing the heating, the crumbling façade, the repairs for the terrace and stairs, the apartments (which should come out of your own purse because that's adding to your revenue), the ugly pink shower room, the lake restoration, the boathouse..... it's exasperating. I'm so cross about the money I wasted in 2020 for those six months. It's was only £30 but I was tricked! That's just plain wrong.

Where are these missing association accounts?!

Free labour in the kitchen dressed up as volunteers - Stephanie it's just exploitation, plain and simple. Hire a full time cook, like your BnB manager, or your two part-time gardeners, or on-site carpenter cousin, or your gigolo.

I hope this Patron Day will be her reckoning. I might just travel down from Paris and pelt the place with tomatoes and flour.
Only tomatoes and flour...How about eggs... and toilet paper streamers on the trees, and the fountain? Go for it!

• Haha

Freesia54

VIP Member
Question for the Brits...is Amaury's accent strange? It almost sounds to me like English is his second language. Am I crazy? 🤪
Ok, I am not a Brit but I lived in the UK for 33 years. We can’t really hear his accent/voice as the shitolaine constantly interrupts him! She is rude and annoying, oh! and a thief! 💵💵
He is quite softly spoken but he sounds like a brit to me.... there isn't much of a regional accent unlike his fathers but I would say yes.

• Heart

Green Fairy

VIP Member
I saw it too. Could it be a dark mouse???? Are there dark mice? Too big to be a mouse?
Too big to be a mouse, def a 🐀

I live on the edge of the woods, so we occasionally get a mouse inside the house. I’ve found the best remedy is an old fashioned mouse trap baited with peanut butter. Hasn’t failed me yet! I don’t like killing mice, but they may carry disease so they can’t be in the house!
Normally I would use traps with peanut butter. As you say always been successful before, but not this time round. So now I've set out bait boxes.

C'est moi

VIP Member
I kind of wish this group would start a book club. I’m dying for any good recommendations. I even went online and googled “book clubs” to see if there was one I could join online and there are. The problem is that I had read every book they were recommending.
I enjoy the tv show recommendations here. It seems as if a lot of us have the same taste. Many thanks to whomever posted the show with Fred and the other chefs and their favorite restaurants. We are watching one episode per night (to ration it out) as we love it! Love Angela Hartnett and Tom Kerridge. They were on the first 2 episodes.

Sorry -I’m so behind that I’m working my way backwards on this thread!
Re: book list. Nicki Positano published a very good list of books a little while back she'd read and enjoyed. Very eclectic just the kind of books I like. I have diverse taste...

• Heart

Imperious Me

VIP Member
Channel 4 TV Company should be given Tattle VIP award they managed to make Snorts look even more ridiculous than he appears on Stephs vlog on Chateau DIY.
He was annoying, sickly, pathetic, useless, and pranced about like Thor.
Awesome! I don't get it here, what's the season and episode #?

• Sad
Reactions: 9

Xorubyxo123

Channel recommendation.

Justine (clothing/jewellery designer/youtuber) is moving back to France and will be doing renovations on her house.
I love her videos about fashion. She seems very knowledgeable.

Edit:
I've just seen the video. Thank you for reminding me of her channel. I like the way she approaches the renovation, hopefully she'll show more in future vlogs

Last edited:

M&MsMom

VIP Member
I assume it has one of those covers!
There HAVE been scenes showing those cars covered with a car cover. The streamers are gone, too. I think there were two or three cars with the car cover. I will look later for a picture from a recent vlog.

Luna20

VIP Member
@KiKiGee was it made clear that the workshop came out of the patreon pocket? I know Stephanie relies on us all forgetting her devious behaviour but I can’t remember if this was outlined as a patreon expenditure.
I think the workshop caroline-know-it-all refers to is the workshop for selmar, with a few new tools. Annmarie did bring over the quality high end stuff

JackSpratt

VIP Member
@JackSpratt I wonder if he's just been a fabricator, making just window and door frames, i think its clear he wasn't worked on major projects before, too much of a perfectionist, time is money but i guess when its not your money there is no problem.
didn't he fit a new window in fannys London flat?
Again you can see he has no experience working with a client, he should be keeping fanny in check with deadline, as hes the one with the skills out of the two of them.
Absolutely.

Luna20

VIP Member
Currently stretched out on the 'chaise longue' part of my sofa, laptop on lap, happily 'Tattling' away, and thoroughly enjoying myself 🤪
Unlike Steffaneeeeeee, I worked full time for 43 years, so I feel I've earnt the right to lounge around all day should I wish too 😂
I have retirement envy! I plan on working another 9 years and retire at 45 :) After that I either go into teaching or support micro businesses.

P.s. I hate feet! Any feet! Especially men feet gross me out :)

• Heart

Imperious Me

VIP Member
I have never bothered to read the chat on YT I just rely on the bits that are posted here. But Caroline Gooder the font of all knowledge appears to be permanently on there. Does she get paid to respond to all the queries?
I wonder if that's Natti, she doesn't do anything else...

You can sign up for VPN which will allow you to switch to an IP Address in the UK to access Channel 4 programming. They have free VPN services as well. :)
Thank you! :)