Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Abuela

Chatty Member
I think the gift shop is just another diversion tactic to pacify Patrons and make herself look industrious instead of drunk and lazy since she has no restoration projects going on at the dump. And, as another Tattler pointed out, the shop will allow her and the porcelain fondler to buy increasingly more valuable china, muddying the waters between what is stashed away for themselves and what was “purchased” for the shop. The shop will go away just like the tea room idea, the flower shop, etc.
as will the proprietor....

Reactions: 7

billybudd

VIP Member
View attachment 1364781
Interesting timing and a hard sell.
The guests have gone into overdrive hyping Chateau de LaLande.

Doreen, 👇 dark hair, seated in the middle.
View attachment 1364725

Doreen's IG post...
View attachment 1364716
@myloveaffairwithlifeblog
5 hours ago
Recently I got to spend some time at this special place that reignited my spirit & soul. Perhaps it was the gentle melodic whispers from the forest, or the beauty of the peacocks, the old Chapel, or maybe the embroidery of the rich history and wisdom that echoes within the deep château walls. I will never know the reason, but what I do know is the way I felt. Like another twinkle just added to my heart and for that, I am thankful for the 10 dreamy mornings I had at the château. One morning I even had a sweet little bird fly in my room to say hello and for a second, I thought to myself, "where the heck am I living in ??!!" Especially with my surroundings, it was as if I was a Disney princess inside a fairy tale book! 😂👸Vibes that gave me an injection of laughter again.💞 I just hope the people of Ukraine, and for the women and girls in Afghanistan soon they too will be able to have laughter and peace that I am fortunately blessed with. It is unbelievable such atrocities is still being allowed to happen. My heart weeps for these strong people. #nowar #peace #peaceforukraine #nowarinukraine #morelovelesshate . . . . . #grateful #peaceful #happiness #gratitude #mornings #summertime #positivevibes #summersineurope #france #château #history #visitfrance #frenchchateau #frenchlifestyle #crozon #lalande #stylistlife #stylistlifestyle #stylist #setdesigner #lifestyleblogger #igfrance #igzurich #igtoronto #ighker

View attachment 1364731
Denise Crowley
3 hrs
@bubblepic53
Beautifully written, it is a magical place that you cannot put your finger on it, but it has very peaceful and happy vibes, so tranquil as soon as you enter the gates, we were only there such a short time, but loved it so much we hope to return, I to hope the people in the Ukraine find peace again, our hearts go out to them all xx

...and then comments from CD's latest flog...

Amanda Hutchinson
8 hours ago
@Ruth Bernstein Interesting synopsis of assumptions.. The truth is (we stayed last year) it is indeed the same as any other Bed and Breakfast; but the chateau is really special. It has a peaceful aura that is totally relaxing. Not sure where you got the idea it's six hours from 'anywhere'.. where is 'anywhere'? It's about ten minutes from a decent small town and restaurants. Dinner is not 'extra' it is part of the package - unless of course you would choose to opt out but not sure why you should do that? The company is good and interesting and very jolly and yes, the company of the owner is usually to be expected as with any other Chambre d'hote that you would stay at in France; but not sure why that would be so important anyway other than she is interesting and as welcoming as any other Chatelaine would be. We didn't go for the 'experience' and my husband had not seen any of the vlogs or the TV.. we are not that interested in the celebrity culture and we didn't meet anyone that was when we were there. We are far more interested in meeting interesting people who have done interesting things and that is what we found. We were interested in the Architecture and the history and were happy to have met those involved in the restoration. Entertainment? what the heck? It's not a Disney venue.. There are books to be read; woods to be walked; rivers to cross.. time to sit and listen and just stop.

There is a poem by a famous tramp called WH Davies (my favourite book is Supertramp by WH Davies). I tend to live my life by this poem when I forget that there is a world out there to stop and listen to: “What is this life if, full of care, We have no time to stand and stare. No time to stand beneath the boughs And stare as long as sheep or cows. No time to see, when woods we pass, Where squirrels hide their nuts in grass. No time to see, in broad daylight, Streams full of stars, like skies at night. No time to turn at Beauty's glance, And watch her feet, how they can dance. No time to wait till her mouth can Enrich that smile her eyes began. A poor life this if, full of care, We have no time to stand and stare.''
So basically - that is what you do, and I am certain that it's better for your mental health than worrying about the lack of 'entertainment'.. We stayed because it is a beautiful chateau; one of many - but I think one of the best. France is full of them. We went on from there to stay with friends on the way to the South of France who have three. Not sure what you mean about behind the scenes interaction either? We were not restricted in exploring the grounds, including the walled garden and the house is open to wander around - obviously observing the same protocol of polite behaviour that you would as a guest in anyone's home. If you are staying in someone's home as a guest that is what you are... wherever you are. It's a very normal household.

👇 Noelene's YT account was established, yesterday, June 22, 2022.🤔

Noelene
17 hours ago
I was a guest there yesterday and the day before. It's absolutely beautiful and peaceful! You can lay around reading in a luxury room, walk around the grounds, sit by the fountain, have a look at the chapel, drive 10 mins to a nearby village for groceries and antique shopping .. or drive 45 mins to the charity shop they have shown before.

Caroline also had something to add.

caroline gooder
2 days ago
@Oliver Pavic They only eat several meals with the guests and Philip will give a tour, but it's not like you are living there unless you become a volunteer. Stephanie says its a big place so often you don't see everyone all the time
The Disney princess juju is powerful.
Fortunately I grew up far away from movie theaters, though I wanted nothing more than to live in America and listen to Elvis and go to the movies.
I wouldn't let my little girls participate in any of that. It's the beginning of all kinds of damaging political thinking.
I read that Markle loved Moana, I think it is, one of the brown princesses. So I watched it. So super clever with the animation and commodification of Polynesian/Pacific navigation and culture which is basically my happy place. And absolute shit as a story for girls.
For the fairy tale magic of La France Profonde, Perrault is the go to. And for the Berry, the amazing movie of one of the most popular novels in France, which really conveys the magic of the Lalande region as we can see it.

• Heart
Reactions: 6

billybudd

VIP Member
Snorty is putting his decorating stamp on everything and has taken over editing, now it’s about him. He dictates every minute of SJ’s day. SJ wanted to clean, he wanted banana bread. SJ wants to clear, no mommy look at me put a square thing in a round hole. Doesn’t he know the keys belong to Potty and Baghead? His mind tricks even have masculine men wearing nail polish. We have watched the diaries be taken over by a child and I do not want to watch him sing. I was flattered to get a thread title validating Tattlers are sane and enjoy a good laugh but I gotta stop watching. I was hoping Potty would marry SJ, Ruby would get a fancy collar with a bell and Antwon would have teen friends over and throw water balloons from the attic defenses but instead, Dan started to look like tree man, the new gay never came back and SJ wants me to watch her make pickles. Isn’t there enough crazy in the world?
There is.

No, to the best of my knowledge she did not. The car shown in the flog must be her aunt's and uncle's mercedes.
There's something about the practicality and also the swag of a Merc convertible I think she wouldn't risk. She'll drive theirs, and possibly lend it to somebody who wrecks it. But I can't see her biting the bullet to buy something so easily dingable. Mummy would punish her.

Attachments

Give your husband my regards. I've been binge-watching The Repair Shop and thinking about all the things it means, without ever going offpiste into Big Idea Land.
One of the things it means is the honorable life of artisan workers, putting all their love and energy into solder joints. I love it when those guys take apart an old machine and either dis or bow down to the previous repairers and makers. Sometimes they say to the customer, your grandfather who made your mechanical toy boat was a genius. They can tell from looking at the circuitry.
Love it. Love it. Love it. All that honorable creative work to make sure things run properly, First law of heaven is order.
Love that show! Of course, it doesn’t hurt that Will Kirk is so adorable.

• Heart

Summerbaby

VIP Member
If she is deleting videos that can be used against her then she'd have to delete all of her back catalogue 🤣 Unfortunately for Fanny her love of bragging, coupled with panic that she's got to say any old thing to flim flam the patrons & being a pathological liar make her every utterance something to be logged for future reference.
Not only that she's not able to delete Channel 4 programmes.
Just a query as I am personally not up on YT as a Ytuber, obviously!
But, if any of her vlogs were originally released via YT, if it ever came to proving anything in particular, wouldn't YT have some kind of record?
As in, once something is released online via whichever platform, i.e. YT, media or www, it can never, ever 100% be deleted/removed?
Would just require a little more delving into perhaps if absolutely necessary/required for legal purposes maybe?
Well, that is my understanding but more than happy to be enlightened, of course by those who know better than I. 😁

OhIDontKnow...

VIP Member
We have found the convertible Mercedes right at the 4:18 mark. I say Stephanie Jarvis has bought herself a new car.
matts van has been used. Parked differently since we last saw it.

Is that Tess’ fiance sitting next to her @Clara Burnett? He is not bad looking.
That would piss some people off. Maybe that was why the trip to the bank?

• Wow

Imperious Me

VIP Member
For the booze and snacks so that Fanny and her useless Thing never have to get out of bed to mingle with all the free worker bees downstairs...or the paying guests!!!
They'll be installing a kitchen up there soon... "New project everyone... thank you Patreons..."

Reply from de lalacelle to my comment that montages of things already done lazy vlogs

Highlighted reply
View attachment 1366114
Escape To The Dream, Restoring The Château.
20 hours ago
Thank you but this is far from a lazy video, the amount of work to create it took a week to put together and to find each clip from over a year of work. As you will have seen we have been working on the cottage to get the cottage watertight. Kind regards
Show less

I think they missed my point that we have already seen it so whats new. Tell me is this reply better than a delete???
I can't watch this one. I think if it was just the Mum n dad, but those two boys are so irritating to me. They mumble.

Last edited:
Excuse me? What part of the not so funny joke she made don't you understand? It's pretty clear that it is a fault in the caption, yet it's quite an embarrassing one nobody cared to repair over the months it has been online. Instead Stephaniie Jarvis sends it around to poke fun at her personal assistant. But you rather scrutinize my words, because, hey, it's Stephanie, right?
My question was what was the reason she sent it round?

You say it was to make fun of Natty, but without knowing what the message said, or who she sent it to, how do we know the reason?

More to the point, you said Natty ‘calls herself homophobic in public’ but you know that’s not true, don’t you?

• Heart
Of course it was, but that is completely beside my point. Stephanie Jarvis has been sending this picture around to poke fun at her pall, her bff, her most trusted personal assistant. If that does not tell you how she's wired, nothing probably will.

Of course it isn't. But still, it does not change the fact that Stephanie Jarvis found it funny enough to send it around.
Depends who she sent it to I would have thought, and the accompany message?

Also, you said that she ‘calls herself homophobic in public’. Why say that if you knew it was an auto caption error?

Last edited:
  • Wow

Vaffle

Random question, do you need to have a certain number of posts to private message someone here or is that not an option?
Such high flying travellers, you'd think their documents would always be ahead of the plans..
Perhaps it is the intended destination as well, insert excuses of too hot/too cold, rising covid numbers, charity work

Imperious Me

VIP Member
Nor did the happy couple themselves, so it seems.

Well, I would buy a ticket to that event and sit first row, no matter what! Hell, I'd even throw in an encore!
I wouldn't wish that on her, but I do have one or two in my own life I would ;) I haven't invested my money in her though.. and she hasn't affected my life.

suthern_lurker

VIP Member
well she was 12 when he was born, so no he didn't know her as a child. She was a teenager by the time he would have any memories. But yes they did all live together, at the resthome.
Oh....I thought HE was 12 when she was born not Vice versa? 🤔
I guess I got that wrong then. 😮
I thought the story went that he helped raise her?
Someone remember that?

• Haha

The Saint

That guy from …phhh somewhere in England land.

we used to talk about him for quite some time

I’m going to lower the tone and just say it, I can’t decide if I want to fuck him or hit him with my car (jokeing, I don’t condone violence) it’s a lot to take in, he’s trying his best so that’s all that matters.

• Haha
Reactions: 5