Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Imperious Me

VIP Member
This was probably discussed ages ago, but I was watching an old CD and saw this picture in Stephanie’s room. I’m wondering who it is, and I want to say it’s Michael Potts. It’s definitely not Philipp, yet it looks intimate to have it in a bedroom if it’s an ex bf..!

View attachment 1363133

Around 23:50
Or is it her on her dad's lap? My eyes aren't that great..

Reactions: 8

M&MsMom

VIP Member
Is that the guy from Edinburgh? I cant help but watch him in morbid fascination.
He's not "from" Edinburgh, just lives there. This recent vlog he did explains it - it was a Q&A, where he answered a question about his accent, which, apparently, isn't at all like the accent of Birmingham, England, where he's from.
I'm with you - I can't help but watch him, either.

• Heart

billybudd

VIP Member
Not to change the subject.
I saw this, @Jules100, and thought of you. It's what we're serving in the Miracle Whip Room at the fish shack.

• Heart
  • Haha

Eduardo35

Does anyone have the photos of the daybed she bougth in london? As I was browsing around a upcoming Sotheby's Auction, I came across a similar looking daybed that fanny bought. The description and the look (it's also covered in a white fabric) of the daybed itself looks the same thing as the daybed that fanny bought. Idk if I was mistaken or it just a similar piece, but fanny stated that the daybed was previously sold in Christie's but when I look on its provenance I can't see any mention of it.

Attachments

billybudd

VIP Member
Reality check: You can get 5 1/2 feet of dentil molding online for $66 (US), €62.66. £53.80.
I don't know why Amaury is making it.
I'm not sure I'd rule it out as inappropriate for the shitoo decoration wise. But it certainly is not "restoration". We have a hint of what the ancient woodwork at Lalande looked like in the ox-blood painted rafter Ian discovered, hand decorated in white with a wild flower motif. Which we're still waiting for a carbon-dating on, which Jarvis promised years ago.

My benchmark on what is appropriate for a 13-17th century fortified farmhouse is based on the meticulous restoration by
New York preservation architect Joseph Pell Lombardi of his fortified farmhouse in the Auvergne, the Chateau du Sailhant.

The story of his resto is fascinating, and a catalog of best practice. For example, the two dining rooms of the chateau had been used as grain storage bins during the 19th century when the chateau literally was used as a barn. Neither was original as dining rooms either. Its 19th century owner medievalized it, as was the fashion. What do you do? What is the "appropriate" or real restoration?

He hired a local researcher to dig out all references to the chateau and its enviro from documents ranging through its 1,000-year history and pre-history.
He learned French.
He personally visited every single one of the 40 chateaux in the Auvergne open to the public, to see what was locally appropriate.*
He did the infrastructure first.
Etc., etc., etc..
What he has come up with is admirable and charming with a period appropriate version of a Hugh Hefner bedroom.
The salon has a telescope and the library a child-sized model car.
It is not my taste, but it is in perfect taste. And, it is quite grand, using lots of very well restored and maintained panelling and inexpensive brocante furniture of the neo-Gothic persuasion.
My favorite room is the light and airy library, with reasonably upholstered neo-Gothic furniture made by a local artisan from wood beams salvaged from the WWI bombing of Reims Cathedral. The rest is way too warlord and macho for me.

So I dig where Jarvis is coming from, in furnishing her place in a more feminine and homely style.

I have to say I can't tell if the panelling at Sailhant has dentil carving on it, but the place is full of panelling and I think it is period(s) appropriate. None of it is painted, though, it's all brilliantly polished, and very grand.

I've seen a really ancient chateau down there somewhere, whose name I have forgotten, beautifully renovated with well pointed old stone and modern rustic furniture, like tree trunk beds, with gorgeous textured textiles in all shades of lime render and stone. Brilliant and more my style.

The point being, one 21st century expert has restored his fortified farmhouse in the middle of nowhere grandly. But it's not Versailles grand, it's earlier grand. And if one wished to restore Lalande to "appropriate" fortified farmhouse style, it would and could be grand.

* Of all the Lalanders, only Davy has done this, and made the point to Jarvis that her local reference is the world famous Renaissance gardens at Chenonceau, designed by and for two women, Diane de Poitiers and Catherine de Medici.
Quoting self, how too charming.
I know less than nothing about French Renaissance style (you can buy resin "French Ren" panels off the internets for $199!!!).
Here's a pdf I downloaded. Guess what? It looks nothing like Lalande.

Attachments

• Haha

pasta_aldente

VIP Member
I think the biggest puzzle is where Fanny has been or is at the moment after her Venice shenanigans. All of the vlogs released in the last 2 weeks are at least that in age so there has been nothing new or current on CD or f/b in that time. I don’t watch grabeaux at the shittoo so can’t comment on when that was filmed but something is afoot and I don’t think she has been at the shittoo at all.
Well, she opened a gift that was actually some tea jelly she ordered before Christmas to make something for the advent calendars (?). And she couldn't as it hadn't arrived. 🤦🏼‍♀️

SJ is wearing black nail polish

• Haha

HalcyonOrganic

VIP Member
Because of popular demand, I’ll gladly provide you with „our songs“. Those are the ones baby & I fell in love:

• Haha
  • Heart

billybudd

VIP Member
Honestly if this event happens it’s going to be a disaster and if it doesn’t, it’s going to be one too. She’s really boxing herself in with this one.

I wonder if Amaury will be forced to go shirtless for the entirety of the event???? “Don’t look over there, look at this hunk of man!”
Sadly I think Squirreltits will be having his out first.

• Haha

Beachgirl

VIP Member
Let's also not forget that Amaury Richmond is intending to bring his "killer-type" dogs to the HMN soon too - comment made by PJ in the recent live chat.
So neglected sheep, chickens, cockrels, peacocks and their chicks, bees and, killer dogs - that will need to ultimately be caged up for the majority of the time because they could attack all the aforementioned. What an exceptionally peaceful place the HMN will be in the future - NOT!
Do we know what these killer dogs are yet. Could be a gun dog breed which is why the Peacocks could be at danger. I had a springer spaniel who caught the cockerel which belonged to the childrens petting garden in a pub once. The cockerel was winding him up by walking up and down in front of him outside the safety of the garden but my dog somehow slipped his lead and collar🤦‍♀️

Reactions: 7
He's not "from" Edinburgh, just lives there. This recent vlog he did explains it - it was a Q&A, where he answered a question about his accent, which, apparently, isn't at all like the accent of Birmingham, England, where he's from.
I'm with you - I can't help but watch him, either.

I can’t. He’s so strange and stupid.

• Haha
Reactions: 7