The Chateau Diaries #12 Carry on grifting

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m
The house of her grandmother is in Bézier and since her passing probably now shared with the rest of Isabel's siblings, but that's my guess, no real knowledge. Isabel however also owns an apartment in Agde, close to Bézier, that they usually rent out through an agent. She and Percy would go there when her mother was still alive to spend some private days. No clue if they still hang onto it. SJ would pretend to have 'forgotten' all about this property, find keys in her desk and then make a casual remark about 'her apartment at the Mediterranean'.

Great suggestion, will take some time to create but with the recent advertising by the subjects of our affection themselves and the amount of new people reading, it might really help.
quite new here no idea how to post etc just catching up reading posts but wow the SJ property portfolio has grown

I’m a total newbie but can’t work out how do a posting ?

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 1
Dick and Angel's instagram posts have lots of comments. And just below and on facebook, ..... a post with 10% off all merchandise with MP2's infamous design on kitchenware. Cushions, oven mitts, aprons, notebooks, pot holder. Quite extensive. You couldn't plan such timing.
I think this is what triggered MP outburst. The sale started last week and had pics of items with the potagerie design.

Reactions: 10
Just knew you were working on a massive missive.... you're so right on so many fronts. Please please please put up you post as a comment on his vlog, it might actually help him if he is still reading comments (over 7.something K last time I looked). Whoever was cheerleading him into posting that did him zero favours. If he was to get off his lazy arse and use his talents and his 200K subscribers to get some sort of business going using his 'designs' on godawful bedding, mugs, cushions, lampshades, notebooks etc (there's a market for everything - we all know that), all he has to do is sell it himself or on Etsy and his deluded gullible fans would buy it. Wondering though as he's outed himself as a trouble maker (whether he's right or not or has a guneuine case with D&A), getting it produced might be problematic, maybe not though, some factory in China will churn it out on cheap nasty fabric (as per D&A products), not quality at all, or cheap nasty whatever you call the stuff 99cent mugs are made of... however, this will never happen as producing designs, getting them printed onto whatever fabric for different purposes, getting that in turn made into curtain material or wallpaper or cushions, then getting it into any market requires WORK and spending money. Something MP just isn't really capable of.
To be fair to his wrong doers,he said they paid him for his artwork.Maybe a misunderstanding of the difference between,the Design idea and the Artwork.
I agree he should just bring his own range out.
Also people can't ask any questions on any of the many platforms which is wrong and creates an incorrect atmosphere of you can pay but no say.
Finally,MP,should have just said on his Christmas vlog he was have a couple of weeks off!
Would have saved himself alot of grief.

Reactions: 7
Just knew you were working on a massive missive.... you're so right on so many fronts. Please please please put up you post as a comment on his vlog, it might actually help him if he is still reading comments (over 7.something K last time I looked). Whoever was cheerleading him into posting that did him zero favours. If he was to get off his lazy arse and use his talents and his 200K subscribers to get some sort of business going using his 'designs' on godawful bedding, mugs, cushions, lampshades, notebooks etc (there's a market for everything - we all know that), all he has to do is sell it himself or on Etsy and his deluded gullible fans would buy it. Wondering though as he's outed himself as a trouble maker (whether he's right or not or has a guneuine case with D&A), getting it produced might be problematic, maybe not though, some factory in China will churn it out on cheap nasty fabric (as per D&A products), not quality at all, or cheap nasty whatever you call the stuff 99cent mugs are made of... however, this will never happen as producing designs, getting them printed onto whatever fabric for different purposes, getting that in turn made into curtain material or wallpaper or cushions, then getting it into any market requires WORK and spending money. Something MP just isn't really capable of.
I have wondered if it was LOTLL who told him about tattle and who encouraged him re D&A. Their contact with each other, her well timed post on his vlog, first one there and now the live chat. Seems quite well orchestrated to me. She needed a sidekick to get the ball rolling and begin the complaints against tattle. I think MP is a loose cannon in comparisonto her. He will self-destruct, she will never.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Michael has scored a spectacular own goal. By playing up his artistic talents, surely a bigger proportion of his fan base will get the dawning of a light and start to think, 'hang on', if you're that good why are you not selling your own artwork or producing designs commercially? Why are you begging? I do feel he should get off the grifting bandwagon, start to build a life in the real world, and gain some self-respect. Can folks just leave Patreon without having to pay back any monies if the cash has been donated for a specific purpose?

Hello @Raspberrybrulee !
sunflower.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I am interested as to why no one notice the advent of the very expensive dog just after asking for more money!
Also he is young and well aware of the plus n minus of SM.

Reactions: 9
You raise an intetesting point. If the CD generate 5000 per month in advert revenue how does SJ compensate the regular characters (her term vlog 100) who participate even if its holding the camera? Is it all SJ's? Does a portion go towards Chateau (ie Nic & MP2)? Maybe each person now get a %.
I believe you are seriously under estimating the potential You Tube revenue, if it was 5000 she couldn't join the dots as there is 45/50% tax I'm assuming on that income as it does not come under the "charity" umbrella. Surely mdy & bjj have to be paid as well as nitty, she was to be paid out of b&b income what has that generated? based on that she is already in the red before buying a loaf a bottle of gin or turning on a light switch! Does this then mean she will have to us patreon for living expenses? She was to provide a financial flip chart in nov for patrons it didnt arrive at the end of dec beginning of Jan she said she would wait until after they had further info from the revenue. She didn't need that info to produce 1. money received 2. money spent & what on Balance..& if there is a tax bill there will be enough in the balance to pay. I think the books needed a little more time in the oven. I get the volunteer thing for a few weeks/months but forever & ever?
Michael has scored a spectacular own goal. By playing up his artistic talents, surely a bigger proportion of his fan base will get the dawning of a light and start to think, 'hang on', if you're that good why are you not selling your own artwork or producing designs commercially? Why are you begging? I do feel he should get off the grifting bandwagon, start to build a life in the real world, and gain some self-respect. Can folks just leave Patreon without having to pay back any monies if the cash has been donated for a specific purpose?

Hello @Raspberrybrulee ! View attachment 400258
Why would he do that when he receives so much money for doing nothing, what really really pisses me off, that even with that income he still expects more...& in one vlog he mentioned having to pay 60 for music but it was wasted as he couldnt use it because of copyright as if he expected the viewers to replace it, the laptop is another one. Thats why SJ does the premiere and live chat to get more money from poor sods 1 canadian woman sends $500 a pop I can't stomach it anymore

Last edited:
  • Angry
Reactions: 8

Hello @Raspberrybrulee ! View attachment 400258
Nope. The super fans are reacting by sending more money. After a spell in the doldrums MP2’s Patreon account is up $700 a month since his vlog.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 12
I just watched the Petherick's new vlog "Holes" and then I read some of the comments. Seems that Michael is going to start his own business that the first commenter called the new Michael Petherick design company. First time I heard about it. Has anyone else heard about it?
Design what?
I just watched the Petherick's new vlog "Holes" and then I read some of the comments. Seems that Michael is going to start his own business that the first commenter called the new Michael Petherick design company. First time I heard about it. Has anyone else heard about it?
Designing what exactly? As far as I know he doesn't have a real design knowledge or experience. Just grabbing at straws again. Probably SJ told him he was an 'awesome' designer and he believed it. When are these people going to wake up and realize you have to pay your dues first, i.e, get an education and real job and work for it. Talk about living in a bubble!

Reactions: 7
I am here darling, stunned into silence :oops: I did watch the "confession" vlog of young Trotter, and I just can't find the words! But shall try. :devilish: Firstly, why do we think of him as a boy? The vlog itself is the answer. He isn't though, not in chronological age anyway. If this weird Chatelaine of TV shows has cheated him out of money by using his art, she is not nice to know. But he has had something like 200 000 supporters in the last 10 months, WHY has he not taken advantage of that fortune and created new stuff in his own name that makes what he made for her seem insignificant? At the time, he was a nobody, now thanks to algorythms mainly, and that people like his face, he has an audience. That he has completely taken for granted and only served them a couple of boring videos. He has creativity, he should use it. IF you are reading this Michael, ACTION speaks louder than words, for heaven's sake DO something! Produce, shine, rise above! 💪 To put blame on gossip sites like this one is just too easy, and infantile. As a person in the spotlight, there will ALWAYS be green eyed monsters who snipe, people who are curious about your private life (and look for clues), narky people who got up with the wrong foot and want to let rip, and horrible mean people who likes to see others suffer. That is a fact of life, and of being a known person. If you can't ignore that, you should not be in the spotlight. You cannot shame the world into only speaking nicely about you, it won't happen! Not even to Jesus would that happen. :sneaky::coffee: Also, to be all high and mighty and claim that speaking about other people is a sign of lowlife, get over yourself. Society and humanity relies on us having interest in one another, you're no different. You love it as long as it is adoration, well it has a backside.
I agree that some stuff written on this site has been malignant, but the vast majority of it is just idle gossip. I agree that to speculate in SJ father being a weirdo, and trying to "diagnose" mental problems is way out there. As far as the Pethrics I am not sure I have seen anything here I would classify as malignant, -people are mainly calling them boring and idle, so prove us wrong then!?! :rolleyes: So, in short, I was not impressed by the confession vlog, no. It just bought the young man more time to excuse himself for not actually producing any content to the people who pay for that. He likes the income, but somehow does not come up with ideas or energy to make entertaining vlogs. He need only look to SJ vlog, those are entertaining! My wife loves watching those, in spite of me lusting after SJ at times. :ROFLMAO: They are charming, entertaining, varied, fun! If he has no talent for presenting and creating vlogs (which might be the annoying truth) then create designs and goods, make a web shop! The superfans would love that. So, that is my opinion. Not impressed.(n)
Great post this ☝

• Heart
There is endless money for shopping and vacations but not for the Château bills. And her parents somehow became millionaires overnight with granny farms but no one has seemed to crack that code.
SJ learned early on how to manipulate people to get what she wants. The damsel in distress surrounded by a crumbling chateau, the 'good little girl' taking care of Mummy and Daddy's flat paintings, the pseudo sexy (ha, ha!) vixen stringing men along, everyone girls and some of the boys best friend, she's a chameleon.

• Heart
To be fair to his wrong doers,he said they paid him for his artwork.Maybe a misunderstanding of the difference between,the Design idea and the Artwork.
Also people can't ask any questions on any of the many platforms which is wrong and creates an incorrect atmosphere of you can pay but no say.
Finally,MP,should have just said on his Christmas vlog he was have a couple of weeks off!
@Nina Rose MPK has made a huge mistake in this vlog. He has made very public defamatory comments about D&A, they are facilitating even further comments on their own social media accounts plus they are causing mayhem on the strawbridges accounts. not only aimed at D&A but their associates ie. C4 etc. The Soft furnishing range in association with Belfield, these are all big players who are not going to take this lightly. You are guilty by implication in these matters, you do not have to say a name. Have you noticed that D&A are not removing the negative comments? From where I am sitting the PKS have lost as much support as they have gained. I haven't seen 1 other chateau from ETTCDIY with the exception of SJ who did not mention the copyright saga offer them 1 line of support. Filly & Annie don't count as they are lying in the same bed as the PTK crew, the independent pages have taken a step back. DB hasn't peeped besides putting up a post to say the topic was out of bounds, this lack of support will be questioned by everyone's followers & will raise the eyebrows of many. To be fair if patrons have anything to say as you insinuate in your post surely the patreon platform is the best, because it is them who are providing the funding for these clowns in good faith thinking it is for the better good which is far from the truth. That is where the questions need to be asked. The one thing that stands out to me like a carbuncle is MPK himself has initiated & facilitated & encouraged the very thing that he complained about in his vlog- BULLYING/TROLLING gradually people are realising this & support is dropping off IMHO

• Heart
Reactions: 19
It was on booking.com and is rather conveniently located if you're traveling to the south of France, for an overnight stay, especially for people coming from the UK.
I think most of the guests are patrons and just want to get their photo taken at the chateau and hopefully with SJ thrown in for good measure.

Reactions: 2
Nope. The super fans are reacting by sending more money. After a spell in the doldrums MP2’s Patreon account is up $700 a month since his vlog.
@Allen
I think this is what triggered MP outburst. The sale started last week and had pics of items with the potagerie design.
I don't think so @stefanieeee what kicked him off was the volume of posts from people saying they were going to pull the pin..he had to grab something sensational out of the bag it didnt matter who else got into bother as long as he still smells of scenty roses he doesn't give a damn

• Heart
I am here darling, stunned into silence :oops: I did watch the "confession" vlog of young Trotter, and I just can't find the words! But shall try. :devilish: Firstly, why do we think of him as a boy? The vlog itself is the answer. He isn't though, not in chronological age anyway. If this weird Chatelaine of TV shows has cheated him out of money by using his art, she is not nice to know. But he has had something like 200 000 supporters in the last 10 months, WHY has he not taken advantage of that fortune and created new stuff in his own name that makes what he made for her seem insignificant? At the time, he was a nobody, now thanks to algorythms mainly, and that people like his face, he has an audience. That he has completely taken for granted and only served them a couple of boring videos. He has creativity, he should use it. IF you are reading this Michael, ACTION speaks louder than words, for heaven's sake DO something! Produce, shine, rise above! 💪 To put blame on gossip sites like this one is just too easy, and infantile. As a person in the spotlight, there will ALWAYS be green eyed monsters who snipe, people who are curious about your private life (and look for clues), narky people who got up with the wrong foot and want to let rip, and horrible mean people who likes to see others suffer. That is a fact of life, and of being a known person. If you can't ignore that, you should not be in the spotlight. You cannot shame the world into only speaking nicely about you, it won't happen! Not even to Jesus would that happen. :sneaky::coffee: Also, to be all high and mighty and claim that speaking about other people is a sign of lowlife, get over yourself. Society and humanity relies on us having interest in one another, you're no different. You love it as long as it is adoration, well it has a backside.
I agree that some stuff written on this site has been malignant, but the vast majority of it is just idle gossip. I agree that to speculate in SJ father being a weirdo, and trying to "diagnose" mental problems is way out there. As far as the Pethrics I am not sure I have seen anything here I would classify as malignant, -people are mainly calling them boring and idle, so prove us wrong then!?! :rolleyes: So, in short, I was not impressed by the confession vlog, no. It just bought the young man more time to excuse himself for not actually producing any content to the people who pay for that. He likes the income, but somehow does not come up with ideas or energy to make entertaining vlogs. He need only look to SJ vlog, those are entertaining! My wife loves watching those, in spite of me lusting after SJ at times. :ROFLMAO: They are charming, entertaining, varied, fun! If he has no talent for presenting and creating vlogs (which might be the annoying truth) then create designs and goods, make a web shop! The superfans would love that. So, that is my opinion. Not impressed.(n)
Exactly! Grown men acting like crybabies only get sympathy from other crybabies. Personally, I really don't think MP is all that creative and talented. He has been led to believe that by those close to him who feel sorry for him. He would do better being behind the scenes of making videos. He's a copy artist in all respects whether it's drawing or baking - nothing original. I get the feeling he just doesn't want to work the old-fashion way. He just wants to be a pretty boy!

@Allen

I don't think so @stefanieeee what kicked him off was the volume of posts from people saying they were going to pull the pin..he had to grab something sensational out of the bag it didnt matter who else got into bother as long as he still smells of scenty roses he doesn't give a damn
Ah! MP may want to remember the story of "The Boy Who Cried Wolf." He may not be able to pull this ploy again for sympathy. But hey, there's plenty of lonely people out there with money to spend on poor pretty boys that feel down about themselves.

I have wondered if it was LOTLL who told him about tattle and who encouraged him re D&A. Their contact with each other, her well timed post on his vlog, first one there and now the live chat. Seems quite well orchestrated to me. She needed a sidekick to get the ball rolling and begin the complaints against tattle. I think MP is a loose cannon in comparisonto her. He will self-destruct, she will never.
I agree with your analysis. MP won't last as SJ will. SJ is smart, MP not so much. He just needs to find a nice sugar daddy and settle down in his own chateau where he can host Beatrix Potter themed tea parties.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
If anyone is feeling a bit bored, this is a great show about an English aristocrat who lives with his 99 year old mother and is trying to save his very beautiful stately home in Norfolk. There are only a few episodes on youtube unfortunately (they originally made 12 I think) but it's so funny and he works really hard to try and keep the wolf from the door. There is something really likeable about him despite his privilege plus he has a great work ethic.

Reactions: 11
Couple of weeks off from what...

• Haha
Reactions: 13
[/QUOTE
If anyone is feeling a bit bored, this is a great show about an English aristocrat who lives with his 99 year old mother and is trying to save his very beautiful stately home in Norfolk. There are only a few episodes on youtube unfortunately (they originally made 12 I think) but it's so funny and he works really hard to try and keep the wolf from the door. There is something really likeable about him despite his privilege plus he has a great work ethic.
Also, I just started watching How to Renovate a Chateau...Classy couple doing it the right way. No junk, no hysterics, no hangers-on, they actually work on renovating their chateau with a plan! Imagine that! I just hope they don't go down the SJ rabbit hole. SJ with some of her entourage visited their chateau - SJ making a vlog about it of course. I hope she learned something useful on her visit. Like prioritize the business end before spending money on silk jacquard to make bed drapes. You won't see any hideous mish-mash rooms in this chateau, just clean calming colors and furniture.
Now maybe, but the question was about before she started vlogging and carried on grifting
Don't know about that. I've watched all the vlogs, etc. and don't remember her talking about guests much, just renovating and 'struggling' to keep it all going.

Reactions: 3
@Nina Rose MPK has made a huge mistake in this vlog. He has made very public defamatory comments about D&A, they are facilitating even further comments on their own social media accounts plus they are causing mayhem on the strawbridges accounts. not only aimed at D&A but their associates ie. C4 etc. The Soft furnishing range in association with Belfield, these are all big players who are not going to take this lightly. You are guilty by implication in these matters, you do not have to say a name. Have you noticed that D&A are not removing the negative comments? From where I am sitting the PKS have lost as much support as they have gained. I haven't seen 1 other chateau from ETTCDIY with the exception of SJ who did not mention the copyright saga offer them 1 line of support. Filly & Annie don't count as they are lying in the same bed as the PTK crew, the independent pages have taken a step back. DB hasn't peeped besides putting up a post to say the topic was out of bounds, this lack of support will be questioned by everyone's followers & will raise the eyebrows of many. To be fair if patrons have anything to say as you insinuate in your post surely the patreon platform is the best, because it is them who are providing the funding for these clowns in good faith thinking it is for the better good which is far from the truth. That is where the questions need to be asked. The one thing that stands out to me like a carbuncle is MPK himself has initiated & facilitated & encouraged the very thing that he complained about in his vlog- BULLYING/TROLLING gradually people are realising this & support is dropping off IMHO
If i were D &A I wouldn't remove any comments until I had contacted my lawyer- all could be seen as evidence of damage caused by MPK accusations. MPK has opened up a can of worms and will rue the day I fear. I have no sympathy for him or his ghastly family - although Sean I feel is a good guy.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.