The Chateau Diaries #12 Carry on grifting

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Do we know if Michael has definitely broken a non-disclosure agreement? Any lawyers still about?
I've just taken a peek at some Strawbridge YT vids and the comments are brutal. It may be telling that they are not being deleted, but given the sheer number of ETTC vids and segments uploaded by Joe Public I can't see how they can possibly keep on top of the tide.
If I were D&A I would be screen shotting every comment on the YT videos - the crank fans can delete their own comments and might just do that. What stumps me is how no-one is saying to the bleating twit that his post might be somewhat defamatory...!!! and take it down. Also, I have to wonder does he have some super rock solid iron clad case... surely anyone in his orbit with a modicum of common sense would tell him to take his vlog down - he hasn't - he has made a major attack on Brand Strawbridge - something they have been tirelessly cultivating for years and to see all those commets on the YT videos... and look at Dick's army background, I'd say he has contacts and influence coming out his ears, but meanwhile, on line, they and their brand are being annihilated.. MP, Billy, Gwen and all associated could be paying for this for years!

• Haha
Reactions: 12
As a recent arrival to tattle I took the time today to start at Thread#1. Interestingly the content back in September 2020 could have been added this week as it is so current.

Points back as far as September included....
MPK has mental health issues
MPK believed he had been ripped off by D&A.
These two alone show that there was nothing new in the recently vlog, he sat on it until he needed a distraction, this would be referred to as smoke and mirrors and appears to have had the desired effect... more cash and sympathy and the lack of vlogs that cash has been contributed towards is forgotten and forgiven.

The comments also call for the ending of CATC. The circle of gifts, name drops and thanks in vlogs is continuing in an ever repeating and expanding pathway.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Couple of weeks off from what...
Norris CS Post 3566476 I'm replying re the wallpaper - couldn't find the quote button on your post but, yes that's the one but I need to see it next to the Potagerie one. If you think they are not the same, I'm glad as I think MPK will reap what he sows re D&A Never poke a hornet's nest - he needs to move on. AS I said before I only saw the wallpaper for a fleeting moment, but something must have triggered my thought that it looked like to fabric from ETTC.

As a recent arrival to tattle I took the time today to start at Thread#1. Interestingly the content back in September 2020 could have been added this week as it is so current.

These two alone show that there was nothing new in the recently vlog, he sat on it until he needed a distraction, this would be referred to as smoke and mirrors and appears to have had the desired effect... more cash and sympathy and the lack of vlogs that cash has been contributed towards is forgotten and forgiven.

The comments also call for the ending of CATC. The circle of gifts, name drops and thanks in vlogs is continuing in an ever repeating and expanding pathway.
Kickintheass Post 3658522 Have a look at the Live chat with MPK and SJ - 1000's of fans on line live and the "donations" were pouring in so all the contraversy is increasing her Patron and more and more are rushing to get on board. This thread is working in her favour but not for MPK

• Heart
Reactions: 3
If anyone is feeling a bit bored, this is a great show about an English aristocrat who lives with his 99 year old mother and is trying to save his very beautiful stately home in Norfolk. There are only a few episodes on youtube unfortunately (they originally made 12 I think) but it's so funny and he works really hard to try and keep the wolf from the door. There is something really likeable about him despite his privilege plus he has a great work ethic.
What is the channel name? The link you posted is blocked. Thanks!

Reactions: 4

Well said, before he posted the video, a lot of disgruntled fans were posting on the fb groups about how they had enough and were no longer going to be patrons or simply stop watching MPK because of his broken promises and lack of content. A lot of them also delved into his crappy work ethic to the point that some of the comment sections on fb, seemed almost identical to the ones on tattle. 😳

Now, everyone is suddenly team MPK and going to fight his battles by sending abuse to D&A. MPK might think he’s won the battle, but seeing how cunning and business savvy D&A are, he will most certainly NOT win the war.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
The show is called Normal for Norfolk but you can only see it on youtube. It may be blocked if you're outside the UK but if you can find it it's a real gem.

Reactions: 11
I actually hope so. I went back to look at comments in his vlog which I have muted as I can’t bear to listen to his bleating voice and his face is beginning to really irritate me too. I think he has made a huge error. Every YT video featuring D&A that has open comments have really nasty trolling comments... it’s quite aggressive and I’d be amazed it there isn’t massive repercussions for Michael Petherwick. I would be shitting my pants if I were him.
I don't subscribe to any of the Petherick tribe channels and only look at them if referenced by someone hear - again mostly muted. even before he started his vlog, an appearance by either MP or Gerry were enough to stop me watching CDs.

I did look at Billy's vlog today though and it came as no surprise to see them standing watching the old chap working. How MP can justify standing with his cup of tea and his hand in his pocket, watching his 70 odd yr old dad working is beyond me. The only one who appeared to do anything to physically contribute was Ryan who did at least fetch a pallet.

How very fortuitous that Billy was filming Ryan walking ahead of him at the very point that he "discovered" that hole. Wonder how many takes that took?

• Heart
Reactions: 14
If I were D&A I would be screen shotting every comment on the YT videos - the crank fans can delete their own comments and might just do that. What stumps me is how no-one is saying to the bleating twit that his post might be somewhat defamatory...!!! and take it down. Also, I have to wonder does he have some super rock solid iron clad case... surely anyone in his orbit with a modicum of common sense would tell him to take his vlog down - he hasn't - he has made a major attack on Brand Strawbridge - something they have been tirelessly cultivating for years and to see all those commets on the YT videos... and look at Dick's army background, I'd say he has contacts and influence coming out his ears, but meanwhile, on line, they and their brand are being annihilated.. MP, Billy, Gwen and all associated could be paying for this for years!
I posted one earlier
Multiple ppl with copyright law
Got onto SSB - to get the entire Vlog down comments and all
Nothing

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 6

Yes, smoke and mirrors says it all! I remember pulling this stunt when I was 16 and my teacher asked me where my essay was. I told him a big old sob story about how I couldn't get it done because mom and dad were having problems or some such rot and got tea and sympathy instead of a scolding. This tactic usually wears out pretty quickly.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Well as many has pointed out, she never stated anything about Dick & Angel. Rather she was pointing fingers at Tattle.Life, probably hoping some of the more devoted fans would take jabs at all of us. Yet, curiously no superfan has entered - as far as I know - only people who were critical of SJ & MPK have come and found a space to vent...
I have a feeling Dick and Angel have long memories. Plus SJ’s Xmas antics/work away drama/dodgy Foundation (literally and figuratively) would probably want Channel 4 distancing themselves in the future.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
@MojoDublin I maybe didn't word that as I meant..its merely an observation why he doesn't get off his arse & work like everyone else I def. don't agree with his outlook!!But as long as the patreon $ are rolling in he will be very content producing the odd pity party vlog!
Apologies this moved so fast I missed yours .. sorry

I get what your saying it’s hard on tattle the threads 🧵 move so fast but what your experiencing we discussed ages ago - and indeed your on the same track as us

FYI I am a patron ..euros 💶
For research and development purpose only
And neither chat oooo 👅 a stamp for any contribution to date .....

Reactions: 10
I don't subscribe to any of the Petherick tribe channels and only look at them if referenced by someone hear - again mostly muted. even before he started his vlog, an appearance by either MP or Gerry were enough to stop me watching CDs.

I did look at Billy's vlog today though and it came as no surprise to see them standing watching the old chap working. How MP can justify standing with his cup of tea and his hand in his pocket, watching his 70 odd yr old dad working is beyond me. The only one who appeared to do anything to physically contribute was Ryan who did at least fetch a pallet.

How very fortuitous that Billy was filming Ryan walking ahead of him at the very point that he "discovered" that hole. Wonder how many takes that took?
For the longest time, I thought that MPK’s dad was actually his grandad. Seeing as he appears to be in his 70s, yet MPK is only 32 and Ma Petherick doesn’t appear to be old herself.

Thanks for the insight Annie, it does explain all the UK tradespeople.
I actually think Dick & Angel's gardening days at £75 a person was an ingenous business idea. People wanted to see the property and be part of something. All buildings were out of bounds. But you got afternoon tea, porto loos, a chance to contribute to the vegetable garden and to explore the grounds. And what most fans want, a chance to meet them. They now do roadshows (pre covid). Hundreds entertained out of wedding season.
Even for weddings, house is out of bounds unless paid for (usually bride and groom stay ). Totally transparent. Lines clear between business and home.

Compare the pair.....once travel restrictions lift...at La La you can book a B&B, or gite. You could volunteer. SJ may not be there, just Nattie running business. If you are a patreon we have been advised we can attend any weekend for a look around just email ahead so someone is there (stated on a patreon video) And of course the annual garden party. The sad thing is people think they are going to be dancing in the kitchen with the Covid characters, or playing dress ups and drinking at cocktail corner. Patreons now over 2500. You tube 110k subscribers. If 1% of subs can actually get there that's 1100 people's request to visit to manage.
So two different business models.
Rory post 3653614 They need to put in some security 'cos there's a lot of disgruntled people out there - so called fans who are upset over their perceived mistreatment of MPK. They only need someone to book an afternoon tea/gardening tour who scatters some seeds or cuttings of some noxious weed which is hard to eradicate. Here in Oz we have huge problems with invasive flora and fauna brought in by the settlers in the 1800's and up to he present day, Cane toads, rabbits, various weeds etc. I'm no gardener but I've heard Japanese knot weed can cause devastation and surely it wouldn't take much for some nutter to bring it over from UK. I may be talking out of my hat if France has the same or more weeds than UK but any introduced species in the wrong place can cause problems. Might need a secured area where bags are locked away before access to the garden is permitted.

• Haha
  • Heart
Life as you know it .....

whilst been totally INIT together with sir trotter
LOTL and FRK was back out in force with .... milk 🥛 bottles .. again

clearly the hostess chatelaine had no experience in flower arrangement so FRK needed another studio
The mind boggles 🙃🙏💫💫💫🐺

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 5
Thanks. I’m in San Francisco so could be a US issue.
Pno Post 3658892. Same here in Oz. Blocked. So Rupert Murdoch is probably holding on to it to sell it on cable when he needs more $$.

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Kickintheass Post 3658522 Have a look at the Live chat with MPK and SJ - 1000's of fans on line live and the "donations" were pouring in so all the contraversy is increasing her Patron and more and more are rushing to get on board. This thread is working in her favour but not for MPK
[/QUOTE]
Sorry, the only live I can find with SJ and MPK is from 6 months ago, is that the one you mean.

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.