The Chateau Diaries #12 Carry on grifting

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
There aren’t a lot of used condoms in either classical or modern nude paintings.
Take a look at Gilbert and George or Tracey Emin ? Like I say , it is a matter of taste .let’s agree to disagree on this one . :cool:

Reactions: 7
Take a look at Gilbert and George or Tracey Emin ? Like I say , it is a matter of taste .let’s agree to disagree on this one . :cool:
Kind of telling though that the one with the filled condom is in MP's Amsterdam apartment....

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 8
Where’s Heathcliffe in all this drama, he love a bit of Trotter Tribulations and now we have it in spades and not a nugget from him, perhaps he’s just absorbing it all and gathering his thoughts and constructing his musings on gardenpotageriedesigngate.
I am here darling, stunned into silence :oops: I did watch the "confession" vlog of young Trotter, and I just can't find the words! But shall try. :devilish: Firstly, why do we think of him as a boy? The vlog itself is the answer. He isn't though, not in chronological age anyway. If this weird Chatelaine of TV shows has cheated him out of money by using his art, she is not nice to know. But he has had something like 200 000 supporters in the last 10 months, WHY has he not taken advantage of that fortune and created new stuff in his own name that makes what he made for her seem insignificant? At the time, he was a nobody, now thanks to algorythms mainly, and that people like his face, he has an audience. That he has completely taken for granted and only served them a couple of boring videos. He has creativity, he should use it. IF you are reading this Michael, ACTION speaks louder than words, for heaven's sake DO something! Produce, shine, rise above! 💪 To put blame on gossip sites like this one is just too easy, and infantile. As a person in the spotlight, there will ALWAYS be green eyed monsters who snipe, people who are curious about your private life (and look for clues), narky people who got up with the wrong foot and want to let rip, and horrible mean people who likes to see others suffer. That is a fact of life, and of being a known person. If you can't ignore that, you should not be in the spotlight. You cannot shame the world into only speaking nicely about you, it won't happen! Not even to Jesus would that happen. :sneaky::coffee: Also, to be all high and mighty and claim that speaking about other people is a sign of lowlife, get over yourself. Society and humanity relies on us having interest in one another, you're no different. You love it as long as it is adoration, well it has a backside.
I agree that some stuff written on this site has been malignant, but the vast majority of it is just idle gossip. I agree that to speculate in SJ father being a weirdo, and trying to "diagnose" mental problems is way out there. As far as the Pethrics I am not sure I have seen anything here I would classify as malignant, -people are mainly calling them boring and idle, so prove us wrong then!?! :rolleyes: So, in short, I was not impressed by the confession vlog, no. It just bought the young man more time to excuse himself for not actually producing any content to the people who pay for that. He likes the income, but somehow does not come up with ideas or energy to make entertaining vlogs. He need only look to SJ vlog, those are entertaining! My wife loves watching those, in spite of me lusting after SJ at times. :ROFLMAO: They are charming, entertaining, varied, fun! If he has no talent for presenting and creating vlogs (which might be the annoying truth) then create designs and goods, make a web shop! The superfans would love that. So, that is my opinion. Not impressed.(n)

• Heart
Reactions: 47
He signed a contract and was almost certainly paid for his design work, based on the original idea from AS, who in effect commissioned him. Without ETTC, no-one would have heard of him, his family or chateau or for that matter, SJ and her cast of 1000s.
Now that the Strawbridges have made a commercial success of a range of merchandise, the Trotters have had a sniff of a little more easy money. AS clearly refers to a local artist developing or tidying up her designs - and that is what he is! Despite the adulation of his fans, he is a talented amateur artist, no doubt one of many in that area. He was lucky enough to be on hand and was probably flattered and eager to hold his hand out for some ready cash. Now he wants to come back for another bite at that cherry. He mentions his mother and sister being sacked, but I imagine, given what we have seen of them first hand, that they may have made things very unpleasant and difficult.

He talks of his distress but this has come at a very opportune time to deflect from his lack of output - now the fans are too busy trolling the Strawbridges to care that he hasn't produced the promised vlogs. The things that his disciples have been posting, while calling Tattlers evil, are absolutely vile.

As with everything else, he appears to have lost interest in anything other than asking for money. Nothing is sustained for long, which is why he ended up in France. Hard and sustained work is certainly not his forte. For all of the talents his viewers extol, what has he actually done with any of them? As far as I am aware, he has only had that one commission. He could have used his experience as a MAC consultant in Selfridges to get some work, Nicky Positano does. On his first DIO vlog, he says that he took a huge financial hit to move to France. I can't imagine that working for MAC in a department store was particularly lucrative (My SiL is manager of a very large High Street Store with similar franchises and says that it isn't), so living rent free in exchange for "renovation work" clearly hasn't prevented him indulging his expensive tastes.

I really would like to know, what is the story about his grandmother? I can't help but suspect that this was to be the original pity party (perhaps on the spur of the moment when he was being challenged about when they could expect to see a new vlog) but perhaps the family made him pull back on that as a step too far, which is why he came up with the last vlog instead. If that is the case, then that is more despicable than anything he could claim to have read here.
For the benefit of new members, he posted on Tuesday evening, that his grandmother had died on Monday evening, followed by a few condolence messages. Later that night, the post and all messages were removed.
I was attacked by trolls suggesting that I had made this up and asking me to prove it. (Unfortunately at that time I have been unable to screenshot it.) - I believe this was Ma and Sadie.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
Perhaps @Heathcliffe can't pretend to work during the weekend ;) ....he wrote that his wife didn't know about his penchant for SJ.......
She knows! She's sussed me out whilst watching the vlog together :ROFLMAO: She said "You fancy her!!!" and I do...at times. Let's say wifey was not that surprised, she knows I enjoy vivacious and pretty ladies, it is a part of me she must just accept. 👌🍸

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Hi everyone...I've been a tattle fan for a while but only just came across this particular thread so thought I'd join in! 🤓

As someone who actually lives in France and has close connections to the renovation world, including with chateaux....I thought you might be interested in some background information in the legality of how things should be done here...and I mean "should" very strongly because as with most things in life there will always be people who look to bend or ignore the rules. So apologies if my post is a bit long

When I last looked you can set yourself up in the UK as a self employed anything...a carpenter, plumber, electrician whatever without any real verification. In FR it is totally different. So assuming you go through the proper channels , you cannot advertise or accept money for services (not just in the construction field) for which you are not registered for. To obtain your registration you have to provide various papers to authenticate your qualifications or experience and in some areas like electrics you have to re-sit assessments based on FR standards. And if your skill set is related to anything related to construction or renovation of properties you are also legally obliged to provide a certain insurance cover on your work for up to a 10 yr period. So pretty much any activities up to the painting stage is required to be covered in this manner. So for this reason you don't see so many multi made "builders" in FR - just because if you offer more than one trade you have to be registered & insured for each individual skill set

You then have a level of "handyman" type people who register themselves as a bit of a "jack of all trades" and don't have to provide insurance - however..what they are not allowed to do is larger scale works. It should only be smaller jobs taking just a few hours or days a week. So for example you can change one new light fitting but you cannot rewire a house. You can build a small garden wall but you cannot build an extension, you can replace 20 broken roof tiles but not replace the whole roof etc etc The principal being you cannot undertake works which takes away the opportunity for a more professional registered artisan

Most chateaux available for sale here are all in similar conditions...so literally nothing done to them for maybe 50+ years if not more. A good rule of thumb is that whatever you pay for the purchase of the house, you will need at least double if not treble the amount again to complete the renovation . So a "bargain" of €300k will end up costing you a good €1m in total outlay if you assume all the obvious things need repairing or replacing...and assuming you use these registered professionals I already mentioned . Say you have a 40 room chateau - new roof? not much change out of €100k, new electrics? €40k, new plumbing/heating? €40-50k, repair of exterior walls? €75k..and this before you look at interior finishes & decor etc

The average day rate labour charge for a registered & insured artisan tradesmen here would be around €350 per day, certainly €300. A handyman will charge somewhere from €150-€200 per day .So what happens is that these chateau owners start on the road of sourcing their labour force through the proper channels and then after connecting themselves with other owners via social media or whatever they soon become aware of the option to cheapen their Reno costs by working their way down the labour force ladder. So forget the professional at €350 per day, move to the handyman level...forgetting the fact he is not legally allowed to rewire your house!....and then as time goes by...forget the handyman - move onto the "free" volunteer workforce where you might bung them €50 a day and/or provide a bed & a bowl of stew at night...and even better, see if you can get a total freebie workforce ! Look at Dick & Angel's website...they actually charge you €75 per day to go and garden for them....so you pay them for the privilege of working in their grounds in return for some sarnies & a cuppa!

In FR it is actually illegal for someone to undertake works he is not registered or insured to do. and especially so if he receives any form of payment for that work. Both the tradesmen AND the homeowner can be heavily fined. No one stops you if you are a DIYer ..if you want to DIY fine, no probs...but don't supplement this approach by using the wrong paid for labour force. Volunteer workforce is only supposed to undertake a limited number of hours of "work" per day per week...and again, it would not be expected that they were doing high level things like fitting your new bathroom!

The reality is that most chateau owners are greedy and arrogant - thats how they found themselves buying the bloody house in the first place! They would far rather spend their money on a fancy chandelier or antique table than pay for something they deem to be of less value or that they know they can be done by someone else at a fraction of the outlay. All they are interested in is the short term benefits. What they won't be thinking about are the longer term repercussions -so when they come to sell & cannot authenticate some of the really significant works with invoices or insurance papers then the house will be difficult or even impossible to sell. Any capital gains tax charges cannot be offset by the money they have invested on improvements as they won't have an invoice for it. And god forbid they ever had an insurance claim for something like a fire! I know of someone who did not get their cheap electrics authenticated by the proper channels & when the house burned down their insurance would not pay out because they could not prove who did the works. And on top of that the fire brigade charged them for coming to put the fire out!!

Right , time for. cuppa....thanks if you read to the end! Keep up the good work

PS - I forgot to add that I get really pissed off too when I see these chateau owners either pleading poverty and encouraging financial donations or whatever ..its total BS. I just wish some of these people who like to live vicariously through other peoples fake IG life could see how they were being used

• Heart
Reactions: 50
If Angel strawbridge has given him no credit for his work ,what is this ?

Like many of you have said , designers are paid employees in most cases and get no credit other than the satisfaction of seeing there work go into productionjust a salary .

If he did a one off design for her and feels he lost out financially he needs to put it down to experience and move on . I feel the vlog was another ruse to obtain more funds from naive patreons.

Rather like songwriters and artists , some keep the copyright to their music/ art and get royalties or sell a song / painting for a one off payment , it’s all a gamble .

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 13
Lady Chatalot quote: (Crybaby Michael Petherick has made a new vlog about his woes. If you can't stand the heat in the kitchen, get out! He would probably be a lot happier if he grew up and became independent of his family. Also, he needs to get real about his sexuality. It must take a lot of energy to pretend you are straight when it's obvious that you are very gay. Maybe he and his 'friend' Ryan could do a vlog together. Like many of the posts I have read on this site, MP is really quite boring on camera and his cottage is not very interesting. He just acts so immature.) Can‘t quote you as full up now so copied and pasted the above. I’m not sure Michael Petherick has ever pretended to be straight? Also what do you mean by “very gay”?
Pansygirl Post 3649747 I too have just watched the vlog where he opens up (cue violin music) about getting ripped off by "she who shall not be named - but note one of the "fan comments" reveals "the name" - just a point Michael when you read this. I only watched the LaLande as a spin off from Escape to the Chateau a couple of months ago and immediately was turned off by Stephanie's squealing, "look at me" immature (she's 45 not 15) behaviour. I quite liked some other characters (not all) so when I saw The Chateau Diaries I kept watching and cherry picked the bits I liked. I liked the interior decor works, the brocante and charity shop buys etc but was immediately turned off by the "Cadeaux at the Chateau" gift grab. What an appalling display of greed, the hints for desired objects (including high end and antique brand china) pretentiousness. The constant self obsessed dialogue by Stephanie was bad enough, but when the money grab Patron started, interspersed with the expensive trips to Venice , South Africa, Egypt etc (I know Gerry is supposed to pay for her) when she is crying poverty and wants to renovate the Chateau with volunteers and donations. Other than Selmar you appear to be (as you admitted in relation to that "other" matter) very naive - don't you see how you are being used? This is what incenses people on this thread. Yes some of the members have got a bit steamy and downright cruel but personally I'd like to get hold of you, shake you by the scruff of your neck until your teeth rattle and you see what a dupe you are - Stephanie is not your friend. She is nobody's friend except for what she can get out of them and once she has no further use for them, dumped. I finally went off you too, when at one gift unwrapping you stated in a begging, whining tone how you loved Spode, you couldn't afford Spode, you would save up for Spode, you loved Spode. Lo and behold the next vlog I saw was you, back at your cottage with a "gift" that had been sent of a Spode Tureen and plate. Then the one where the Spode Christmas plate was broken. Again out trotted the pathos and the entreaty for a replacement - ok once and very quickly you asked if anyone saw one on the Internet to let you know so you could "buy it" but the main message was you wanted one, you wanted a fan to send you one and you really didn't want to pay for one. Now the only time I look at your vlogs is when something is mentioned in these threads. I would suggest you stop grifting and put away your begging bowl, sever all ties with Stephanie or alternatively sit her down and tell her enough is enough and you are no longer going to be used and stop letting other people use your talent - toughen up, control your own business affairs (pay for a business advisor if necessary and make a plan), Most people can pick an occasion when they got shafted - it happens. The trick is to learn from the experience, recognise danger next time and grow up.

• Heart
Reactions: 32
Rattle at the tattle chateau

Seems tattle will be the least of his issues

Can see dick n angle on this morning 📺

Discussing sir trotters appalling work ethic 💶🧨💶🕳🎯

Attachments

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
Why the Pethericks thought it was a good idea to have numerous channels based at the same property has one answer - pure greed. If they really wanted to show their renovation story they should have put out a video once a month and forget patreon, go fund me, buy me a coffee etc. Instead they are all struggling for content.

Billy and Gwen should have come up with a fair split from Michael’s channel for using their property & renovations as content and let him get on with making the vlogs on his own. Take into account the free advertising he is giving you for the B&B rentals. They’ve done pretty well getting the gardeners cottage done up for nothing.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
ANFIELD ANNIE. I won’t replicate your post above but what a great deal of very useful information!🙏🏼. Interesting to note about the insurance as well! I would love to know how much the Ians are being paid, not to mention Selmar and Nuttie!

• Heart
Hi everyone...I've been a tattle fan for a while but only just came across this particular thread so thought I'd join in! 🤓

As someone who actually lives in France and has close connections to the renovation world, including with chateaux....I thought you might be interested in some background information in the legality of how things should be done here...and I mean "should" very strongly because as with most things in life there will always be people who look to bend or ignore the rules. So apologies if my post is a bit long

When I last looked you can set yourself up in the UK as a self employed anything...a carpenter, plumber, electrician whatever without any real verification. In FR it is totally different. So assuming you go through the proper channels , you cannot advertise or accept money for services (not just in the construction field) for which you are not registered for. To obtain your registration you have to provide various papers to authenticate your qualifications or experience and in some areas like electrics you have to re-sit assessments based on FR standards. And if your skill set is related to anything related to construction or renovation of properties you are also legally obliged to provide a certain insurance cover on your work for up to a 10 yr period. So pretty much any activities up to the painting stage is required to be covered in this manner. So for this reason you don't see so many multi made "builders" in FR - just because if you offer more than one trade you have to be registered & insured for each individual skill set

You then have a level of "handyman" type people who register themselves as a bit of a "jack of all trades" and don't have to provide insurance - however..what they are not allowed to do is larger scale works. It should only be smaller jobs taking just a few hours or days a week. So for example you can change one new light fitting but you cannot rewire a house. You can build a small garden wall but you cannot build an extension, you can replace 20 broken roof tiles but not replace the whole roof etc etc The principal being you cannot undertake works which takes away the opportunity for a more professional registered artisan

Most chateaux available for sale here are all in similar conditions...so literally nothing done to them for maybe 50+ years if not more. A good rule of thumb is that whatever you pay for the purchase of the house, you will need at least double if not treble the amount again to complete the renovation . So a "bargain" of €300k will end up costing you a good €1m in total outlay if you assume all the obvious things need repairing or replacing...and assuming you use these registered professionals I already mentioned . Say you have a 40 room chateau - new roof? not much change out of €100k, new electrics? €40k, new plumbing/heating? €40-50k, repair of exterior walls? €75k..and this before you look at interior finishes & decor etc

The average day rate labour charge for a registered & insured artisan tradesmen here would be around €350 per day, certainly €300. A handyman will charge somewhere from €150-€200 per day .So what happens is that these chateau owners start on the road of sourcing their labour force through the proper channels and then after connecting themselves with other owners via social media or whatever they soon become aware of the option to cheapen their Reno costs by working their way down the labour force ladder. So forget the professional at €350 per day, move to the handyman level...forgetting the fact he is not legally allowed to rewire your house!....and then as time goes by...forget the handyman - move onto the "free" volunteer workforce where you might bung them €50 a day and/or provide a bed & a bowl of stew at night...and even better, see if you can get a total freebie workforce ! Look at Dick & Angel's website...they actually charge you €75 per day to go and garden for them....so you pay them for the privilege of working in their grounds in return for some sarnies & a cuppa!

In FR it is actually illegal for someone to undertake works he is not registered or insured to do. and especially so if he receives any form of payment for that work. Both the tradesmen AND the homeowner can be heavily fined. No one stops you if you are a DIYer ..if you want to DIY fine, no probs...but don't supplement this approach by using the wrong paid for labour force. Volunteer workforce is only supposed to undertake a limited number of hours of "work" per day per week...and again, it would not be expected that they were doing high level things like fitting your new bathroom!

The reality is that most chateau owners are greedy and arrogant - thats how they found themselves buying the bloody house in the first place! They would far rather spend their money on a fancy chandelier or antique table than pay for something they deem to be of less value or that they know they can be done by someone else at a fraction of the outlay. All they are interested in is the short term benefits. What they won't be thinking about are the longer term repercussions -so when they come to sell & cannot authenticate some of the really significant works with invoices or insurance papers then the house will be difficult or even impossible to sell. Any capital gains tax charges cannot be offset by the money they have invested on improvements as they won't have an invoice for it. And god forbid they ever had an insurance claim for something like a fire! I know of someone who did not get their cheap electrics authenticated by the proper channels & when the house burned down their insurance would not pay out because they could not prove who did the works. And on top of that the fire brigade charged them for coming to put the fire out!!

Right , time for. cuppa....thanks if you read to the end! Keep up the good work

PS - I forgot to add that I get really pissed off too when I see these chateau owners either pleading poverty and encouraging financial donations or whatever ..its total BS. I just wish some of these people who like to live vicariously through other peoples fake IG life could see how they were being used
Thanks for the insight Annie, it does explain all the UK tradespeople.
I actually think Dick & Angel's gardening days at £75 a person was an ingenous business idea. People wanted to see the property and be part of something. All buildings were out of bounds. But you got afternoon tea, porto loos, a chance to contribute to the vegetable garden and to explore the grounds. And what most fans want, a chance to meet them. They now do roadshows (pre covid). Hundreds entertained out of wedding season.
Even for weddings, house is out of bounds unless paid for (usually bride and groom stay ). Totally transparent. Lines clear between business and home.

Compare the pair.....once travel restrictions lift...at La La you can book a B&B, or gite. You could volunteer. SJ may not be there, just Nattie running business. If you are a patreon we have been advised we can attend any weekend for a look around just email ahead so someone is there (stated on a patreon video) And of course the annual garden party. The sad thing is people think they are going to be dancing in the kitchen with the Covid characters, or playing dress ups and drinking at cocktail corner. Patreons now over 2500. You tube 110k subscribers. If 1% of subs can actually get there that's 1100 people's request to visit to manage.
So two different business models.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
ANFIELD ANNIE. I won’t replicate your post above but what a great deal of very useful information!🙏🏼. Interesting to note about the insurance as well! I would love to know how much the Ians are being paid, not to mention Selmar and Nuttie!
I don't profess to be an expert on her particular situation...to be honest at the beginning of when the ETTC TV programs started I did enjoy watching them for a short while but after seeing how much info was being left out or skimped over it became too frustrating! lol...so as a result I don't bother watching individual FB or YT channels. But on the face of it, if you had a team of people pretty much living in & "working" full time on events or whatever then I cannot believe she would not have to be paying them something each day. I cannot believe people would be so stupid to provide free labour whilst being surrounded by others having a great time and by others even paying to stay there. They'll know how much the rooms are being rented out for or how much an event may generate...doesn't take a maths expert to work out if you're being shafted 🤓

Thanks for the insight Annie, it does explain all the UK tradespeople.
I actually think Dick & Angel's gardening days at £75 a person was an ingenous business idea. People wanted to see the property and be part of something. All buildings were out of bounds. But you got afternoon tea, porto loos, a chance to contribute to the vegetable garden and to explore the grounds. And what most fans want, a chance to meet them. They now do roadshows (pre covid). Hundreds entertained out of wedding season.
Even for weddings, house is out of bounds unless paid for (usually bride and groom stay ). Totally transparent. Lines clear between business and home.

Compare the pair.....once travel restrictions lift...at La La you can book a B&B, or gite. You could volunteer. SJ may not be there, just Nattie running business. If you are a patreon we have been advised we can attend any weekend for a look around just email ahead so someone is there (stated on a patreon video) And of course the annual garden party. The sad thing is people think they are going to be dancing in the kitchen with the Covid characters, or playing dress ups and drinking at cocktail corner. Patreons now over 2500. You tube 110k subscribers. If 1% of subs can actually get there that's 1100 people's request to visit to manage.
So two different business models.
I agree with what you say...as much as I think D&A are as dodgy as the rest of them...they were one of the first to take this route on TV and seem to have done really well from it. So yes, if people out there enjoy meeting such celebrities and getting involved & paying for the privilege then fine

In my opinion, you have to be a certain kind of person to basically bleep yourself out online to generate income ....At least Dick already had some experience in TV exposure , all that kind of world...its all these other ordinary Joes that get my goat...who suddenly believe they have something worthwhile to say on "tv" ....it may seem like fun at the beginning but my god it will wear you down over time

Even those chateau owners who are not on TV or YT...they start off on IG showing a few pics and before you know it they're oversharing everything they filled their house with....and batting off numerous requests from complete strangers to come & visit for an open day...might as well just leave the front door open and let them walk out with the antiques 🤓

Last edited:
  • Heart
Dick and Angel's instagram posts have lots of comments. And just below and on facebook, ..... a post with 10% off all merchandise with MP2's infamous design on kitchenware. Cushions, oven mitts, aprons, notebooks, pot holder. Quite extensive. You couldn't plan such timing.

• Haha
Re-@MojoDublin post
looks possible a Defamation claim Heading Michael Petherick way !..... What an idiot .:unsure:

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Heart
Just a thought - I just saw today a recent vlog with both SJ and MPK - I think it was called "Live" and it was the two of them on a live video chat to fans or friends - I couldn't work out who. As part of it they talked about some wallpaper and panned their camera to the wallpaper (Michael referred to it as a "Persian look" and "Paisley"). It had stylised branches interspersed with foliage, flowers etc., together with a very beautiful paisley "flower" in blue/lavender. The vlog was being done from LaLande in a "Salon" with yellow drapes and wallpaper on other walls, so I don't know whether the Paisley one was just a piece being shown but not on a wall - it was only on for a few seconds and I can't find the vlog, but the reason I bring it up is that from my limited knowledge of ECCT and I'm referring to the potagerie fabric which is based on MPK design and which is the subject of his complaints - if it's the fabric Angel used on the chair she upholstered for her father in the newly decorated ex stable apartment - the potagerie fabric looks suspicially like the wallpaper shown in the SJ?MPK vlog. Any members who find it could they please post a pic of the wallpaper and the fabric 'cos I'm not IT savvy and con't scan or screen shot and post etc. IMO it was very similar especially the pattern of the branches and foliage.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I am here darling, stunned into silence :oops: I did watch the "confession" vlog of young Trotter, and I just can't find the words! But shall try. :devilish: Firstly, why do we think of him as a boy? The vlog itself is the answer. He isn't though, not in chronological age anyway. If this weird Chatelaine of TV shows has cheated him out of money by using his art, she is not nice to know. But he has had something like 200 000 supporters in the last 10 months, WHY has he not taken advantage of that fortune and created new stuff in his own name that makes what he made for her seem insignificant? At the time, he was a nobody, now thanks to algorythms mainly, and that people like his face, he has an audience. That he has completely taken for granted and only served them a couple of boring videos. He has creativity, he should use it. IF you are reading this Michael, ACTION speaks louder than words, for heaven's sake DO something! Produce, shine, rise above! 💪 To put blame on gossip sites like this one is just too easy, and infantile. As a person in the spotlight, there will ALWAYS be green eyed monsters who snipe, people who are curious about your private life (and look for clues), narky people who got up with the wrong foot and want to let rip, and horrible mean people who likes to see others suffer. That is a fact of life, and of being a known person. If you can't ignore that, you should not be in the spotlight. You cannot shame the world into only speaking nicely about you, it won't happen! Not even to Jesus would that happen. :sneaky::coffee: Also, to be all high and mighty and claim that speaking about other people is a sign of lowlife, get over yourself. Society and humanity relies on us having interest in one another, you're no different. You love it as long as it is adoration, well it has a backside.
I agree that some stuff written on this site has been malignant, but the vast majority of it is just idle gossip. I agree that to speculate in SJ father being a weirdo, and trying to "diagnose" mental problems is way out there. As far as the Pethrics I am not sure I have seen anything here I would classify as malignant, -people are mainly calling them boring and idle, so prove us wrong then!?! :rolleyes: So, in short, I was not impressed by the confession vlog, no. It just bought the young man more time to excuse himself for not actually producing any content to the people who pay for that. He likes the income, but somehow does not come up with ideas or energy to make entertaining vlogs. He need only look to SJ vlog, those are entertaining! My wife loves watching those, in spite of me lusting after SJ at times. :ROFLMAO: They are charming, entertaining, varied, fun! If he has no talent for presenting and creating vlogs (which might be the annoying truth) then create designs and goods, make a web shop! The superfans would love that. So, that is my opinion. Not impressed.(n)
Just knew you were working on a massive missive.... you're so right on so many fronts. Please please please put up you post as a comment on his vlog, it might actually help him if he is still reading comments (over 7.something K last time I looked). Whoever was cheerleading him into posting that did him zero favours. If he was to get off his lazy arse and use his talents and his 200K subscribers to get some sort of business going using his 'designs' on godawful bedding, mugs, cushions, lampshades, notebooks etc (there's a market for everything - we all know that), all he has to do is sell it himself or on Etsy and his deluded gullible fans would buy it. Wondering though as he's outed himself as a trouble maker (whether he's right or not or has a guneuine case with D&A), getting it produced might be problematic, maybe not though, some factory in China will churn it out on cheap nasty fabric (as per D&A products), not quality at all, or cheap nasty whatever you call the stuff 99cent mugs are made of... however, this will never happen as producing designs, getting them printed onto whatever fabric for different purposes, getting that in turn made into curtain material or wallpaper or cushions, then getting it into any market requires WORK and spending money. Something MP just isn't really capable of.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Just a thought - I just saw today a recent vlog with both SJ and MPK - I think it was called "Live" and it was the two of them on a live video chat to fans or friends - I couldn't work out who. As part of it they talked about some wallpaper and panned their camera to the wallpaper (Michael referred to it as a "Persian look" and "Paisley"). It had stylised branches interspersed with foliage, flowers etc., together with a very beautiful paisley "flower" in blue/lavender. The vlog was being done from LaLande in a "Salon" with yellow drapes and wallpaper on other walls, so I don't know whether the Paisley one was just a piece being shown but not on a wall - it was only on for a few seconds and I can't find the vlog, but the reason I bring it up is that from my limited knowledge of ECCT and I'm referring to the potagerie fabric which is based on MPK design and which is the subject of his complaints - if it's the fabric Angel used on the chair she upholstered for her father in the newly decorated ex stable apartment - the potagerie fabric looks suspicially like the wallpaper shown in the SJ?MPK vlog. Any members who find it could they please post a pic of the wallpaper and the fabric 'cos I'm not IT savvy and con't scan or screen shot and post etc. IMO it was very similar especially the pattern of the branches and foliage.
Is this the wallpaper you mean?
I've just noticed that at approx 30.00, he refers to the very generous donation made not only to his new laptop but also to the cottage. You can't help but wonder about the source of Jill's seemingless finances If she has this much disposable income, why does she have this well documented conviction for accountancy fraud?

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 5
The room and paper you're talking about is The Persian Room (notions :rolleyes:), you can find her tour of the HMN -photo attached - don't see the wallpaper in this room as being close enough the garden potagerie design to deem it copied or even used as inspirations, think they're very different. The Persian Room paper is very heavy and grown up and the garden potagerie design is very twee and lightweight, little girl room design... IMO :D:D:D

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.