The Chateau Diaries #12 Carry on grifting

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Don't know about that. I've watched all the vlogs, etc. and don't remember her talking about guests much, just renovating and 'struggling' to keep it all going.
But I do, which is why I answered. My friends used to run her B&B in those days, you can read all about it in previous threads.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Michael has scored a spectacular own goal. By playing up his artistic talents, surely a bigger proportion of his fan base will get the dawning of a light and start to think, 'hang on', if you're that good why are you not selling your own artwork or producing designs commercially? Why are you begging? I do feel he should get off the grifting bandwagon, start to build a life in the real world, and gain some self-respect. Can folks just leave Patreon without having to pay back any monies if the cash has been donated for a specific purpose?

Hello @Raspberrybrulee ! View attachment 400258
I really don't think he is very talented and there lies the problem. In the world of creative arts, he is average. He has been allowed to believe that he is a wonderkind - not so! With practice anyone can become a copy artist, that's not talent, it's skill - big difference. SJ is probably responsible for stroking his ego for her own gain. SJ thinks her father and Olly are great artists too. I beg to differ. The mish-mash of 'original art' in the chateau is mind boggling! I find many of Daddy's work to be just plain boring with that flat style he exhibits. But then again, SJ and MP think they are art experts along with being experts in all areas.

I am interested as to why no one notice the advent of the very expensive dog just after asking for more money!
Also he is young and well aware of the plus n minus of SM.
I'm in the dark here. What expensive dog?

But I do, which is why I answered. My friends used to run her B&B in those days, you can read all about it in previous threads.
Which threads are you referring to please? Thanks! Must fill in the blanks about it.

Oh no! I just saw another chateau channel on YT with Ryan and Billy in it. It's call Bordeaux Life. Anyone familiar with this? I don't think I will be able to stand watching R and B in anything. What is it with these people and vlogging? The worst part is that they pollute each others videos. Please, separate from each other. It's total overload with the same characters everywhere looking through more junk.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 9
The one thing that stands out to me like a carbuncle is MPK himself has initiated & facilitated & encouraged the very thing that he complained about in his vlog- BULLYING/TROLLING gradually people are realising this & support is dropping off IMHO
You know, I had not thought of that. I’ll have to watch again but I don’t remember Michael explicitly stating “please do not send any hate comments to anyone alluded to in this video” - I know a lot of drama channels on YouTube always state something like that to protect themselves. Unless he states he does not condone the behavior of his fans, he is endorsing it.
Also - even if one considers Tattle to be trolling/bullying I think one of the big rules is to keep tattle on tattle. Michael (who for the record I do think is talented) may have shot himself in the foot here inadvertently setting his followers off to D&A’s comment sections.

• Heart
  • Haha
Just a thought - I just saw today a recent vlog with both SJ and MPK - I think it was called "Live" and it was the two of them on a live video chat to fans or friends - I couldn't work out who. As part of it they talked about some wallpaper and panned their camera to the wallpaper (Michael referred to it as a "Persian look" and "Paisley"). It had stylised branches interspersed with foliage, flowers etc., together with a very beautiful paisley "flower" in blue/lavender. The vlog was being done from LaLande in a "Salon" with yellow drapes and wallpaper on other walls, so I don't know whether the Paisley one was just a piece being shown but not on a wall - it was only on for a few seconds and I can't find the vlog, but the reason I bring it up is that from my limited knowledge of ECCT and I'm referring to the potagerie fabric which is based on MPK design and which is the subject of his complaints - if it's the fabric Angel used on the chair she upholstered for her father in the newly decorated ex stable apartment - the potagerie fabric looks suspicially like the wallpaper shown in the SJ?MPK vlog. Any members who find it could they please post a pic of the wallpaper and the fabric 'cos I'm not IT savvy and con't scan or screen shot and post etc. IMO it was very similar especially the pattern of the branches and foliage.
It’s on the clip I posted

2 live chat
Where he got the money on premier for his laptop 👩‍💻
Over 5 k in one hour
USA 🇺🇸 dollars 💵 cos they didn’t change the currency 😜😜😜

I’m

quite new here no idea how to post etc just catching up reading posts but wow the SJ property portfolio has grown

I’m a total newbie but can’t work out how do a posting ?
Welcome 🙏

your live .... delighted 😀

Angel is getting lambasted but I'm sure they're keeping their powder very very dry for a walloping defense! Meanwhile one sample posting... 😂😂😂

Attachments

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 16
Burning the recipe books you've already bought makes as much sense as burning your Nikes to protest...........
:unsure:same people ?
🧠amputated

• Haha
Angel is getting lambasted but I'm sure they're keeping their powder very very dry for a walloping defense! Meanwhile one sample posting... 😂😂😂
Wow,, that's going to hit them where it hurts. This person is going to burn her recipe book.cards and linen - how will they recover from that body blow? Wait a minute, if this crazy poster has already paid for the merchandise, exactly who is suffering the loss?💪😂 🔥

• Haha
Reactions: 22
Burning the recipe books you've already bought makes as much sense as burning your Nikes to protest...........
:unsure:same people ?
🧠amputated
I’m calling it now

there will be a posting ... blog vlog
Sir trotter will go into hiding due to stress that he and SSB created -

when you believe the hype your not thinking 🤔 as an well adjust adult would .

watched lots of threads 🧵 on Instagram Fb - shutting the comments down
Noteworthy - not ONE of the other Vloggers came out in support

clearly they-didn’t want any claims on their public liability insurance.

dick and angle have a full media team working for them including agents and lawyers

Reactions: 10
Why would he do that when he receives so much money for doing nothing, what really really pisses me off, that even with that income he still expects more...& in one vlog he mentioned having to pay 60 for music but it was wasted as he couldnt use it because of copyright as if he expected the viewers to replace it, the laptop is another one. Thats why SJ does the premiere and live chat to get more money from poor sods 1 canadian woman sends $500 a pop I can't stomach it anymore
@MojoDublin I maybe didn't word that as I meant..its merely an observation why he doesn't get off his arse & work like everyone else I def. don't agree with his outlook!!But as long as the patreon $ are rolling in he will be very content producing the odd pity party vlog!

• Heart
Reactions: 5
dick and angle have a full media team working for them including agents and lawyers
I actually hope so. I went back to look at comments in his vlog which I have muted as I can’t bear to listen to his bleating voice and his face is beginning to really irritate me too. I think he has made a huge error. Every YT video featuring D&A that has open comments have really nasty trolling comments... it’s quite aggressive and I’d be amazed it there isn’t massive repercussions for Michael Petherwick. I would be shitting my pants if I were him.

Reactions: 13
I actually hope so. I went back to look at comments in his vlog which I have muted as I can’t bear to listen to his bleating voice and his face is beginning to really irritate me too. I think he has made a huge error. Every YT video featuring D&A that has open comments have really nasty trolling comments... it’s quite aggressive and I’d be amazed it there isn’t massive repercussions for Michael Petherwick. I would be shitting my pants if I were him.
and the irony of all the pearl clutching by commenters re: tattle who are now turning around and attacking D&A ...

Reactions: 6
I’m calling it now

there will be a posting ... blog vlog
Sir trotter will go into hiding due to stress that he and SSB created -

when you believe the hype your not thinking 🤔 as an well adjust adult would .

watched lots of threads 🧵 on Instagram Fb - shutting the comments down
Noteworthy - not ONE of the other Vloggers came out in support

clearly they-didn’t want any claims on their public liability insurance.

IMO , looking like MP is going to need to ‘ lawyer up ‘ as they say. :cool:

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Michael Petherick's pity fest of a vlog was staggeringly ill-judged and ill-advised (not that the eejit would had sought advice - by which I mean proper advice from a lawyer, not crumbs of encouragement from a Kangaroo Court made up of his family and others with possible or perceived grievances against D&A).

It's an extraordinary coincidence (not) that he should chose this moment to beat his breast and rail about Designgate and people being beastly to him when he had admitted before Christmas that he had very little in the way of ideas for content for future vlogs. And content, produced on a regular basis, equals contented patrons and supporters. In one fell swoop, he's mollified patrons and those who subscribe to his channel and, by playing the poor-hard-done-by-me card, he has bought himself breathing space. Manipulative to a fault.

Popcorn at the ready for what might happen next. MP would do well to ponder the expression "chose your battles wisely". Erin Brokovitch (sp?) (can't be bothered to look it up) he ain't.

I await news of D&A's counterattack, starting with lawyers' letters being sent to TrotterTowers.

And Tinkerbell Jarvis should have kept schtum in the comments.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
@Nina Rose MPK has made a huge mistake in this vlog. He has made very public defamatory comments about D&A, they are facilitating even further comments on their own social media accounts plus they are causing mayhem on the strawbridges accounts. not only aimed at D&A but their associates ie. C4 etc. The Soft furnishing range in association with Belfield, these are all big players who are not going to take this lightly. You are guilty by implication in these matters, you do not have to say a name. Have you noticed that D&A are not removing the negative comments? From where I am sitting the PKS have lost as much support as they have gained. I haven't seen 1 other chateau from ETTCDIY with the exception of SJ who did not mention the copyright saga offer them 1 line of support. Filly & Annie don't count as they are lying in the same bed as the PTK crew, the independent pages have taken a step back. DB hasn't peeped besides putting up a post to say the topic was out of bounds, this lack of support will be questioned by everyone's followers & will raise the eyebrows of many. To be fair if patrons have anything to say as you insinuate in your post surely the patreon platform is the best, because it is them who are providing the funding for these clowns in good faith thinking it is for the better good which is far from the truth. That is where the questions need to be asked. The one thing that stands out to me like a carbuncle is MPK himself has initiated & facilitated & encouraged the very thing that he complained about in his vlog- BULLYING/TROLLING gradually people are realising this & support is dropping off IMHO
Okay,we shall see.

Reactions: 1
Wow,, that's going to hit them where it hurts. This person is going to burn her recipe book.cards and linen - how will they recover from that body blow? Wait a minute, if this crazy poster has already paid for the merchandise, exactly who is suffering the loss?💪😂 🔥
@Jeeves they are not taking down the posts/comments which leads me to think 2 things 1. They don;t give a toss what he says prove it 2. With every post/comment that lands on their pages is documentary proof that MPK vlog defamed them, another thing crossed my mind, will they investigate who has been resposnsible MPK mentioned BLY if they go after him I hope GWE has an independent lawyer because she could be dragged into this as far as I see the rest of them in legal terms are "Straw Men". This could certainly be a case of doing things in haste & repenting at your leisure. I don't know if their house is in order in fairness we are speculating & assuming, but what I can say is if its not they have ALL placed themselves in very precarious positions & they are too arrogant to realise it. Philly & Angie work in the UK live in france...can they live in France because of Brexit are they residents..the same applies to them all. If they haven't got residency would this hanging over them effect an application..I don;t know. The chatooo in bordeaux that is on C4 trailer they are now in bed with BLY & PHILY will they be pulled from the show because of their connection..it will be more than the chateaux that will need rescued because no one is going to want to be associated with such underhand tactics!..and to your original comment Jeeves the poor sod who is blinded & thinks they are doing good by that action..all they are doing is depriving themselves because the PTKS don't give a flying sh1t IMHO

Reactions: 10
And Tinkerbell Jarvis should have kept schtum in the comments
Well as many has pointed out, she never stated anything about Dick & Angel. Rather she was pointing fingers at Tattle.Life, probably hoping some of the more devoted fans would take jabs at all of us. Yet, curiously no superfan has entered - as far as I know - only people who were critical of SJ & MPK have come and found a space to vent...

Reactions: 11
Do we know if Michael has definitely broken a non-disclosure agreement? Any lawyers still about?
I've just taken a peek at some Strawbridge YT vids and the comments are brutal. It may be telling that they are not being deleted, but given the sheer number of ETTC vids and segments uploaded by Joe Public I can't see how they can possibly keep on top of the tide.

Reactions: 8
Well as many has pointed out, she never stated anything about Dick & Angel. Rather she was pointing fingers at Tattle.Life, probably hoping some of the more devoted fans would take jabs at all of us. Yet, curiously no superfan has entered - as far as I know - only people who were critical of SJ & MPK have come and found a space to vent...
To clarify, what I meant but failed to say was that Stephanie should have kept quiet in terms of not making her comment all about her.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I know this is off topic but I'm new here so haven't figured everything out. I was reading through some of the old threads and the mysterious Mason popped up a few times. I have always wondered about him. When one of the posts mentioned he was a sun gazer I just had to look that up. Sure enough this is what I found written about him: "Mason Howe Dwinell is one of the most seriously crazy people in the US, and imagine the competition for that title! Dwinell is an acupuncturist, though more notably he is perhaps the US’s most prominent promoter of … sungazing, the seriously crazy and appallingly dangerous idea that humans can absorb the sun's energy directly and efficiently through their eyes by staring into the sun for extended periods of time." It all makes sense now! SJ attracts some real loons probably because she is one herself!

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.