The Chateau Diaries #101 Dear Stephanie, I got you a gift - your comeuppance!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The sad thing is that cameras tend to minimize any flaws in paint, wallpaper, etc. So, if we can see the wallpaper seams in the video, it must look really bad in person. Why not spend €500 to hang the €4,000 wallpaper professionally? 🙄
I don't think we will have to wait long before the wallpaper starts to peel off in the Blue Lagoon Loo Room !!

• Haha
Reactions: 23
The sad thing is that cameras tend to minimize any flaws in paint, wallpaper, etc. So, if we can see the wallpaper seams in the video, it must look really bad in person. Why not spend €500 to hang the €4,000 wallpaper professionally? 🙄

View attachment 951712
As I've said before, paying a professional would be logical. Unfortunately, logic doesn't seem to be something she's familiar with. She's what my mum would call 'penny wise, pound foolish'.

When I was a supervisor and had to "coach" my crew I said I was making a deposit into their "professional development" account.
That is a diplomatic way putting it...well done sir!

Reactions: 17
Capture.PNG
Capture1.PNG

The last 2 years Fanny has become Queen after finding Baby in her Epiphany Cake. Funny in 2021 she told Squirrel this was the first time as an adult she had found the baby, obviously forgot about the year before at Dana's

• Haha
Reactions: 36
I've got to sat I think this chick is pretty cool. I like her sarcasm and ability to call it out. I can tell her BS detector is always running and she does her best to keep a tight lip to avoid offense.
I agree. Russian Maria is like Cat Brooks before she ingested the Lalande Kool-Aid.

Really, artificial trees in the attic? A lamp post? Narnia? A wardrobe that opens into another room? Is she just really playing house?
Someone should really get SJ checked by a psychiatrist.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 34

View attachment 951712
But the problem is the name of the reality show "DIY". She made the same mistake in the last Chateau DIY Christmas with the wallpaper in the Marquise's apt. She took crayons, to hide her mistake. She made also a mistake in another episode of DIY with another very expensive wallpaper in the entrance hall. In all the episodes I watched from that series, she made mistakes. Maybe they should call the series "Château botched jobs". How to scrap a very expensive wallpaper and ask your patreons to send you more money.

Reactions: 16
View attachment 951702View attachment 951703
The last 2 years Fanny has become Queen after finding Baby in her Epiphany Cake. Funny in 2021 she told Squirrel this was the first time as an adult she had found the baby, obviously forgot about the year before at Dana's
Well done for finding that, I recall there was some BS being called on her last time, because she was claiming she'd never won before and it was proved she lied (quelle surprise) but I couldn't remember the details. Once again she's been caught out 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

Reactions: 26
In the next Cadeaux, someone should send her another crayons' box to fill the gap in her wallpaper. lolllll

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
Taking the browns to the superbowl is one I still use.
I used to use the term "releasing the anaconda." Whilst on a work trip to South Korea, my colleagues and I stopped to purchase the usual stuff prior to checking into our hotel (bottled water and snacks), and one colleague put a pack of bog roll in my hand and said, "Trust me. You'll see when we get to the hotel." Having lived previously in South Korea, and only having stayed at very nice hotels in Seoul, I was confused- there was always bog roll in the loo. Upon arrival to our 3-star hotel, I laughed hysterically when I saw what appeared to be a tiny tissue dispenser next to the loo with very tiny sheets (seriously, they were about the size of the sheets one uses to remove shine from their face). At dinner, my TP savior remarked, "The first time I traveled here, I checked into my room, and proceeded to sink a battleship. When I looked for the paper, alas, I found myself asking, "What am I supposed to do with this?!? Make "poopie mache"? Stick it to the wall?!? Make poo art or poo-agami?" And ever since, I refer to the act as "making poopie mache." Mr. T Rex, "Seriously?!? Are you 5?"

I agree. Russian Maria is like Cat Brooks before she ingested the Lalande Kool-Aid.

Really, artificial trees in the attic? A lamp post? Narnia? A wardrobe that opens into another room? Is she just really playing house?
Someone should really get SJ checked by a psychiatrist.
Russian Maria (Olive Oyl) strikes me as an organized person who dislikes disarray and clutter- she was the one who bleached the Shitoo sinks to try to erase the years of funk off of them, and was the mastermind behind the dish reorganization. The look on her face when Fanny suggested putting up Christmas trees in Narnia was priceless. "NO!" (I thought the same thing- because those trees are going to be dust magnets and will be covered in pigeon poo when they lug them out next year- where is Fanny's mind?!?)

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 25
So I have the damned covid. My youngest son ( the type 1 diabetic) just was tested 20 minutes ago and he does too.
Anyway, I am crabby.
So I watched the stupid CD and at about 4 minutes in when Phyllis was saying adamantly that those little dishes were salad plates...I lost it and posted a comment on how I felt. It will get deleted by wonderboy and I will get lambasted by the Shanty zombies....but it was necessary!!!
Yikes I had to call all of my hair clients about them being exposed.
When I called my clients to cancel them because I am out of commission until next Tuesday ( if all goes well.)..two of them were just concerned about WHEN I could get them in to do their hair!!!
I am telling you guys. I could write a book!
I hate all kinds of philipicating! UGH!

Jane Magee
6 hours ago
Actually the “moon-shaped” dishes are called bone dishes. They were originally used to put bones from fish or poultry, etc in. Today we seldom have bones food prepared with bones-in. They are beautiful.

Jon L
14 minutes ago
Sorry, Philip. Do not, in any way, serve salad or side dishes on those crescent-shaped plates. Those are bone plates meant to hold bones of fish and poultry or other unedible stuff.

Michael Moore
5 hours ago
The crescent dishes are technically known as bone dishes. One would discard bones in them while eating.

Janet Davis
6 hours ago
The little dishes were used for putting your bones in while you were eating! I have a beautiful 19 century set of French dishes and have those half moon dishes Have a Blessed Day

• Haha
Reactions: 29
If BJJ thinks those bone dishes are salad plates, I'm tempted to send him a used bourdaloue and tell him it's a gravy boat!
Who's with me?
(y) - yes
:LOL: - yes
0cf0d988dc6ae02c6a4042ce59b3c158.jpg
francois_boucher__la_bourdaloue_01b.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 54
So I have the damned covid. My youngest son ( the type 1 diabetic) just was tested 20 minutes ago and he does too. 😟😟😕
Anyway, I am crabby.
So I watched the stupid CD and at about 4 minutes in when Phyllis was saying adamantly that those little dishes were salad plates...I lost it and posted a comment on how I felt. It will get deleted by wonderboy and I will get lambasted by the Shanty zombies....but it was necessary!!!
Yikes I had to call all of my hair clients about them being exposed.😥😣
When I called my clients to cancel them because I am out of commission until next Tuesday ( if all goes well.)..two of them were just concerned about WHEN I could get them in to do their hair!!!
I am telling you guys. I could write a book!
Hugs and much love, dear, and I hope you feel better soon (as well as your son!)

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Funny, Philip has taken on sprucing up Nick & Marie's cottage and not just by adding a Christmas tree, but actually tidying things up. Seriously needed. Those masks that belong to Nick should have been on the wall ages ago. Do they take no pride in their living quarters? I don't blame Stephanie for the state of the cottage , but moreso Nick. I think Philip did what he could . The upstairs definitely could use some help too.

Oh, where is that pink bathroom that we all hate? It's not Nick and Marie's bathroom. Im confused as to who's bathroom it is?

Reactions: 10
Ugh. That "downstairs loo." Put a basket of hand towels out and a bin to throw them in. Have them sent out with the bedding to be washed. Nobody wants a shared single towel. And the room is NOT finished. The clock is STILL ticking.

• Haha
Reactions: 26
I know I am in the minority, but I like the cast iron garden chairs. My neighbor gave me a set like that because she couldn't lift them to mow the grass around. Mine are from the 1950-60s era. I was thinking of painting them black for a change next summer... we'll see.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.