The Chateau Diaries #101 Dear Stephanie, I got you a gift - your comeuppance!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Pekey, didn’t you mean, “The Blue Loogoon”?
That is great!!!

I am still thinking of that loo and the looooong passage way ...... I can see someone coming down that long passage only to see some poor person perched on the toilet ...... how embarrassment !!! o_O :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Funny, Philip has taken on sprucing up Nick & Marie's cottage and not just by adding a Christmas tree, but actually tidying things up. Seriously needed. Those masks that belong to Nick should have been on the wall ages ago. Do they take no pride in their living quarters? I don't blame Stephanie for the state of the cottage , but moreso Nick. I think Philip did what he could . The upstairs definitely could use some help too.

Oh, where is that pink bathroom that we all hate? It's not Nick and Marie's bathroom. Im confused as to who's bathroom it is?
The lack of care shown in Nic and Marie’s apartment illustrates to me that they really don’t care about the shitoo! It isn’t there home. As Clara Burnett mentioned they could indeed be selling their 40% portion to Oncle Steve and Tante Chantal and this apartment will be renovated for them! Time will tell!

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I know I am in the minority, but I like the cast iron garden chairs. My neighbor gave me a set like that because she couldn't lift them to mow the grass around. Mine are from the 1950-60s era. I was thinking of painting them black for a change next summer... we'll see.
I like them as well..I love cast iron in general. I nearly fell off my chair when she was deriding them whilst sat next to that tacky hedgehog monstrosity. :rolleyes:

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Looks like Madamemoimoimoi has a bit more touching up to do on the wallpaper in the downstairs loo. Seams are evident to the right and left of where she's standing...I'd venture to say there are more that need touching up as well. Another shoddy job by the shacktolaine.
She better get her crayons out!

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Looks like Madamemoimoimoi has a bit more touching up to do on the wallpaper in the downstairs loo. Seams are evident to the right and left of where she's standing...I'd venture to say there are more that need touching up as well. Another shoddy job by the shacktolaine.
I am still in absolute shock that the sconces are on different walls. The entire room is a poorly planned joke. It reminds me of those awkward
reveals on the old tv show "Trading Spaces" where there was a limited budget and random neighbours did the decorating instead of professionals! Only this one had an enormous budget (still amateurs calling the shots though).

Reactions: 22
I know I am in the minority, but I like the cast iron garden chairs. My neighbor gave me a set like that because she couldn't lift them to mow the grass around. Mine are from the 1950-60s era. I was thinking of painting them black for a change next summer... we'll see.
I don't hate them, but the money could be better spent on something more comfortable for a large number of guests. Keep in mind, black iron chairs will retain heat and burn your Bum :p

• Haha
Reactions: 12
It reminds me of those awkward
reveals on the old tv show "Trading Spaces" where there was a limited budget and random neighbours did the decorating instead of professionals! Only this one had an enormous budget (still amateurs calling the shots though).
My sister had a neighbor on her block that was on that program. I guess they had to redo everything the show did because it was so shoddy. It would've fit right in to Lalalande!

Keep in mind, black iron chairs will retain heat and burn your Bum :p
At my age, I have to get my thrills where I can.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 17
The lack of care shown in Nic and Marie’s apartment illustrates to me that they really don’t care about the shitoo! It isn’t there home. As Clara Burnett mentioned they could indeed be selling their 40% portion to Oncle Steve and Tante Chantal and this apartment will be renovated for them! Time will tell!
Think you have hit it on the head and that is why old Natti came up for a looky see !

Sorry @RWChatter, I wrote mine before I saw yours. I guess great minds think alike? Or alooke?
Indeed, great minds! ;)

Just watched the last couple minutes of the Loo reveal and noticed one of her Patrons....interesting! :unsure: Not sure if its been mentioned before...He is a Dauphin...highest level.
1640922999850.png

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 17
Ok crikey, somehow the "Making NEW YEARS Resolutions" by "Jazz Hands" and the the Viscount of Mapperton popped on on my YouTube. PSA- avoid it at ALL costs, unless you'd like to see a passive aggressive couple snark at one another about their shortcomings. Cheesus, no I will not subscribe and like- you jokers need to spend your Patron and YouTube AdSense earnings on not only getting your "finest English home" in order, but to get some marriage counseling.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I am still in absolute shock that the sconces are on different walls. The entire room is a poorly planned joke. It reminds me of those awkward
Don't remember 'Trading Spaces' but does anyone remember 'Changing Rooms' with Laurence Llewelyn-Bowen as a designer?
His style is similar to Fanny's. When I was trying to see how to spell his name I found this old article. He had to re decorate his house to be able to sell it.

Reactions: 13
The scones bother me the most (well, also the seams in the wallpaper and the toilet over the fossil) ... she should have gone with a smaller mirror and put it all on the middle wall. It's super awkward and weird looking having them on the 2 side slanted walls, and it looks like the walls don't even have the same angle ... it's just not working.

If I was spending my holidays and vacation somewhere, I would still want that space to feel clean, decluttered, and put together. I mean his mask collection was literally strewn all in a pile in a corner. Lazy much?

Stephanie should have delayed the loo reveal a week longer and finished up the painting bits, and figured out the curtain or window situation . None of that would take very long. The painting details alone would only take less than day. 🤦‍♀️

Russian Marie definitely has a finely tuned BS meter running beneath the surface. She is being smart and doesnt want to overstep her bounds. I'll say Kat has been the only one whom I've seen toss boundaries out the loo window and tell it like it is.

Reactions: 30
Stephanie should have delayed the loo reveal a week longer and finished up the painting bits, and figured out the curtain or window situation . None of that would take very long. The painting details alone would only take less than day. 🤦‍♀️
And you know none of those details will be taken care of. Ever.

Reactions: 19
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.