The Chateau Diaries #101 Dear Stephanie, I got you a gift - your comeuppance!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
will someone please, for the love of god, tell BJJ that broochs are not a good look for him.

• Haha
Reactions: 25
Wishing you a return to perfect health ....your son too. What a way to end the year. Sad for you.
My granddaughter just blurted out at Christmas that nobody in our family had been exposed to anyone with Covid or had gotten covid in all this time. As soon as that entered the universe I thought we were in trouble. Got a fever tonight. Cough has started!
Oh no!!! Is this A MAN COLD????? .OR AM I TURNING INTO A MAN??

• Sad
Reactions: 21
Thank god for the "Disable Holiday Styling" option! Stupid mask!

"Dropping the kids off at the pool" is a favorite of mine. On my mom uses that grosses me out is "the runs."
Taking the browns to the superbowl is one I still use.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
My granddaughter just blurted out at Christmas that nobody in our family had been exposed to anyone with Covid or had gotten covid in all this time. As soon as that entered the universe I thought we were in trouble. Got a fever tonight. Cough has started!
Oh no!!! Is this A MAN COLD????? .OR AM I TURNING INTO A MAN??
I hope that you had the 3 vaccinations and that you have a very mild case. So sorry for you. and your loved ones. Shocking that this new mutation is so contagious. Please rest and recover fast.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
You can keep your American Z's. :rolleyes:
There there love, it's ok...the z's were the style before the s's--from the website Grammarphobia:

"So the “-ize” spelling is historically correct. As we point out in our book about language myths, Origins of the Specious, the “-ise” spellings weren’t used much until the 18th century or later.
Whodunit? The culprits who introduced “-ise” into English were Francophiles enamored of French verbs like civiliser, dramatiser, organiser, and so on."

Reactions: 11
Why would you serve salad in such a plate? He is so silly! I'm glad he caught out, makes me happy! I bet that beany really stinks since he wears it everyday, all day.
Squirrelboy is an uneducated, unsophicated, no-nothing. New Year's Resolution - keep his mouth shut and stop phililicating!

He looked so angry when everyone disagreed with him. Quite funny actually.
Drinking game - another Bailey's in my coffee whenever Squirrelboy mentione his grandparents.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 28
I hope that you had the 3 vaccinations and that you have a very mild case. So sorry for you. and your loved ones. Shocking that this new mutation is so contagious. Please rest and recover fast.
Thanks I appreciate that!😌

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Nobody asked, but I would be seriously ashamed to unveil that downstairs loo without showing that I had put in some effort myself to the finishing touches. So, Steph, you should have had the paint brush out and the window decorated. The radiator cover should have been ordered months ago. Same goes for the chandelier bulbs. Your windows should be replaced with frosted ones to head height to allow privacy during the day and you should have measured for a roman blind for the window. Curtains - let alone nets are completely passe. One grubby towel is not adequate. Either be environmental and place a basket of flannel sized towels on a shelf for single use, or go for paper towels and have a bin to dispose of them. Where is the room plan? It seems they just start a project and it comes to a stop every time something is missing. If there was a plan, everything would be ordered in advance.

• Heart
Reactions: 37
There there love, it's ok...the z's were the style before the s's--from the website Grammarphobia:

"So the “-ize” spelling is historically correct. As we point out in our book about language myths, Origins of the Specious, the “-ise” spellings weren’t used much until the 18th century or later.
Whodunit? The culprits who introduced “-ise” into English were Francophiles enamored of French verbs like civiliser, dramatiser, organiser, and so on."
I'm a modern man! And a British one. Superman is not spelled with Z.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Poor Kanga …..such a sad end.
Yes. And even worse when Prince Charles would leave by one exit as she came in an entrance to avoid her once she was past being of any comfort to him. And, poor Camilla, knowing she was not the only mistress...

• Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 3
So I have the damned covid. My youngest son ( the type 1 diabetic) just was tested 20 minutes ago and he does too. 😟😟😕
Anyway, I am crabby.
So I watched the stupid CD and at about 4 minutes in when Phyllis was saying adamantly that those little dishes were salad plates...I lost it and posted a comment on how I felt. It will get deleted by wonderboy and I will get lambasted by the Shanty zombies....but it was necessary!!!
Yikes I had to call all of my hair clients about them being exposed.😥😣
When I called my clients to cancel them because I am out of commission until next Tuesday ( if all goes well.)..two of them were just concerned about WHEN I could get them in to do their hair!!!
I am telling you guys. I could write a book!
Gosh, I'm so sorry to hear this! I hope you and your family recover quickly! 💕

I'm a modern man! And a British one. Superman is not spelled with Z.
No, but dozy plonker is.;)🤣

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 5
Nobody asked, but thank goodness for Support Squirrel today. At least Nic and Marie were not welcomed to a cold apartment, dusty and full of old furniture and unmade beds. Clearly there would not have been much of a welcome if it had been left to Fanny.

Reactions: 22
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.