The Chateau Diaries #101 Dear Stephanie, I got you a gift - your comeuppance!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
😂
...he's hopeless... 🤪
From today's CD's live chat...

H. B.@philip I believe the crescent shaped plates are bone plates. Intended to go beside the main plate to catch bones from fish or chicken, etc. Of course now you can use them for anything.

Philip Janssen @H.B. Oh! That makes sense :)

SJ was hoping for Marseille soap but will end up with toilet paper. 🤪

...again, from the live chat...

Maria K@The Chateau Diaries I bought special toilet paper once at the Carrousel du Louvre shopping
He was adamant they were salad dishes....then backs down... In the chat Brenda M thinks they are are made for each other, they just click together... SJ has never been so happy...he must be her favourite...

Attachments

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 10
watching today's vlog

* she goes to get her booster
* and she's in the loo with Amaury, coving in processes, so she's not stayed out and been banned from the loo like she said ....
* Amaury says "when you're spending a penny you'll be warm"
* breakfast with Auntie & Uncle before the leave (timelines SUPER confused)
* emotional good bye from Chantal, saying this will be one of many visits
* Uncle Stephen tells PJ to enjoy every minute of the Safari
* Porcelain sorting to be taken up to Narnia (why do they want to run to Narnia when they need the dishes, seems stupid, or wait, maybe PJ will put a table in Narnia and make that his dish setting studio)
* Nic & Marie are arriving today, so PJ is making their apartment more homely, she showed their finished loo, and mentioned that Nick and Marie want SJ and PJ to do the rest of the decoration choices for them.
* mini tour of the downstairs loo ... shows the floor, yikes why all the white dust or paint? Definitely not as Selmar left it.
* More porcelain sorting, by Marie & Sabine
* Peacocks
* new patio furniture for the pergola, 19 century British garden furniture
* more ideas for Narnia, lamp post, stuffed animal storage, fake trees, and armoire to walk through to a change room
* Nick, Marie, Antoine & pets arrive to their warm fitted out by PJ cottage and then Marie & Antoine are taken over to oooh, and ahhh over the downstairs loo
* 6:46 pm and they sit down to a snack, the owners in the kitchen ... Potts is cleaning the flour he spilt on the stove top so he doesn't get in trouble with Marie when she comes to cook supper. They must eat quite late every night. More Norwegian cheese and salami etc.
And warning if you are still to watch it ... SJ is wearing those bleeping stupid reindeer ear warmers. They aren't cute, they make you look like an idiot! Actually, how could any non-Chateau person take her seriously?

Reactions: 23
He was adamant they were salad dishes....then backs down... In the chat Brenda M thinks they are are made for each other, they just click together... SJ has never been so happy...he must be her favourite...
Oh god that lampshade 😱

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Poor Kanga …..such a sad end.
It was a very sad end and yet she did have a very popular clothing range at one stage but that did not last sadly.
Off to see the latest CD .... so hard to catch up.

Morning All :love:

• Sad
Reactions: 11
Whoa! Yentas! 23 pages in less than 24 hours! Looks like we all got plenty of time this Christmas break! :LOL:

Many of you predicted that the downstairs loo will be finished by December '21 and you were right.

My personal prediction was December 2023!

I still can't believe it took them 16 months to finish that tiny space.

Those fixtures don't at all look anything special. It seems pointless to "special order" those fixtures from England.

After all that time and money spent, I was hoping SJ would get an Alexa-command smart toilet!
There could've been at least one smart thing in that farmhouse.

View attachment 950916
And really it's not "done". Okay fixtures in, can take a piss, fine but it still needs finishing. Ugh
Every time she said it's done I wanted to yell at her

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Albee said:
Don’t the French Put baby Jesus in the Christmas cake? Then something happens to the person who gets a piece with Jesus in? I’m sure SJ mentioned this on a precious year’s advent.
I remember that episode….I can’t recall all the details though. Stephanie got the baby I think. Seems there was a crown involved, and the person who gets the baby is king for the day….or I’m completely wrong…in which case I trust I’ll be corrected post haste. 🤣
The tradition of the Galette des Rois:

The Epiphany or Theophany = the 12th day of Christmas which usually takes place on January 6th. On that day, many Christians celebrate the revelation of God (incarnate as JC). It's the day the Magi arrived to honour the newborn.
In France, you eat a Galette des Rois (roi = king), in which is hidden a porcelain figure from the Nativity Scene (baby Jesus or another character). In the south of France, the galette can be substituted by a brioche des Rois 🤩 🥳
Nowadays, things can be a bit different to accommodate different religious denominations and those who don't belong to any denomination.
When possible, and in some families, the adult in charge of cutting the Galette will try to put aside the piece with the porcelain figure for a child so that he/ she will be King/ Queen, they get to wear the golden crown.
Today, people start eating a Galette and/or a brioche from the 1st to the 6th. 🤪

OK, bye! 🙃 🙃 🤓 🤓 🤓 🤓 🤓

• Heart
Reactions: 14
The tradition of the Galette des Rois:

The Epiphany or Theophany = the 12th day of Christmas which usually takes place on January 6th. On that day, many Christians celebrate the revelation of God (incarnate as JC). It's the day the Magi arrived to honour the newborn.
In France, you eat a Galette des Rois (roi = king), in which is hidden a porcelain figure from the Nativity Scene (baby Jesus or another character). In the south of France, the galette can be substituted by a brioche des Rois 🤩 🥳
Nowadays, things can be a bit different to accommodate different religious denominations and those who don't belong to any denomination.
When possible, and in some families, the adult in charge of cutting the Galette will try to put aside the piece with the porcelain figure for a child so that he/ she will be King/ Queen, they get to wear the golden crown.
Today, people start eating a Galette and/or a brioche from the 1st to the 6th. 🤪

OK, bye! 🙃 🙃 🤓 🤓 🤓 🤓 🤓
Last year SJ bought one but she was the only one who ate it as everyone else was allergic / vegan - and of course her slice had the figure in it 🤔

• Haha
Reactions: 10
For the love of God! That attic ceiling is going to fall down with all the wardrobes that are there already, now we have this fantasy! Well, at least Sir Snorts will have somewhere to play when the adults are talking! :ROFLMAO:

MK Christiansen
53 seconds ago
Oh! What if you had fur coats in one deep wardrobe, and Aumary (who seems to have about a dozen ways to spell his name!!!) built a false back in it, and children could walk through the back and into a portion of the attic with the fake trees. And there would be the lamp post. And a sleigh. And a box of Turkish delight ....

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 20
So I have the damned covid. My youngest son ( the type 1 diabetic) just was tested 20 minutes ago and he does too. 😟😟😕
Anyway, I am crabby.
So I watched the stupid CD and at about 4 minutes in when Phyllis was saying adamantly that those little dishes were salad plates...I lost it and posted a comment on how I felt. It will get deleted by wonderboy and I will get lambasted by the Shanty zombies....but it was necessary!!!
Yikes I had to call all of my hair clients about them being exposed.😥😣
When I called my clients to cancel them because I am out of commission until next Tuesday ( if all goes well.)..two of them were just concerned about WHEN I could get them in to do their hair!!!
I am telling you guys. I could write a book!

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 53
I remember that episode….I can’t recall all the details though. Stephanie got the baby I think. Seems there was a crown involved, and the person who gets the baby is king for the day….or I’m completely wrong…in which case I trust I’ll be corrected post haste. 🤣
It's not a baby but a piece of ceramic (traditionally a bean).
It's for Epiphany day when we eat the Galette des Rois (Kings Cake). The person who find the ceramic in their slice of cake is said to be the king or the queen of the day and can wear a crown made in paper.
It's a pagan tradition (Romans).

• Heart
So I have the damned covid. My youngest son ( the type 1 diabetic) just was tested 20 minutes ago and he does too. 😟😟😕
Anyway, I am crabby.
So I watched the stupid CD and at about 4 minutes in when Phyllis was saying adamantly that those little dishes were salad plates...I lost it and posted a comment on how I felt. It will get deleted by wonderboy and I will get lambasted by the Shanty zombies....but it was necessary!!!
When I called my clients to cancel them because I am out of commission until next Tuesday ( if all goes well.)..two of them were just concerned about WHEN I could get them in to do their hair!!!
I hope you and your son get well soon. Try to take it easy for the next few days…gives you an excuse to stay in for the New Year weekend ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 25
OMG and he aspires to being the expert on porcelain, setting tables and the like!!!??? He is a mere child.

• Haha
If they use a wax candle and run it along the running surfaces of the wardrobe drawer that was sticking it should be better.

Anyone remember the Changing Rooms Teapot disaster when they came up with a shelving system to display a teapot collection and the whole thing collapsed. Can't wait for similar to happen in the attic.

Did she say the man she got the garden chairs from was off to Tie eaty. Another of SJ's unique pronounciations. Tahiti

I actually think the stone slabs even when scrubbed will still have the same appearance. I'm not a geologist but I believe that this is the way the stone should be.

Anyway, I am crabby.
So sorry you and your son tested positive. Here's hoping you only get mild symptoms. Some of your clients sound like complete arses. My daughter who tested positive a couple of weeks ago had to phone one of her clients to say their project would have to be delayed a bit as she was feeling so rough. Client hit the roof about the delay emphasising how it would inconvenience them :eek: Keep reading here and posting, it'll lift your spirits.

• Heart
  • Wow
I am half way in the latest CD and she is telling us that next year will be very exciting as so many projects will be finished!!! o_O

OMG .... what a great liar .

I have never been fond of Natti .... there was something about her and while watching this CD I figured it out ..... she acts and plays to the camera!
In fact , she is a better actor than Fanny!

Off to finish the vlog.

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.