The Chateau Diaries #101 Dear Stephanie, I got you a gift - your comeuppance!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don't know why (as I haven't heard anything about it) but I think they are planning to buy something for themselves, like a farmhouse close to the shittoo. A farm would suit Armoir much better and he can make a vlog about the restoration based on what Dan did and is doing. They might even go for that farmhouse Oliver was so interested in, as it's really close to the HMN and Nutty could basically walk to work then. Anyway, just a suggestion, what I would do, because any permanent residency at her shittoo is like a voluntary lockup in an insane asylum.
Ok.. am I going crazy from watching all these BS videos, or does this actually make great sense?!
It's probably the best solution for:

- AnnMarie and Nutty: Have their own project, fresh YouTube content, close to work, etc.
- Aunty and uncle... Close to SJ to keep a close eye on her shenanigans, have their own space, which will most likely be properly heated, and clean!
- SJ, to have her support system right there, to snap her fingers and have people who run to her aide.

Damn! It could actually work for all of them!

My grandfather used to “Need to see a man about a horse”…I never could figure out why he never got the horse! 😆
My great uncle would say: "I need to shed a few tears"
God the things old people used to say! 😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Are you saying that SJ has misused her non profit funding? Or not used it (squirrelled it way).In doing so a good portion of that money has gone to tax?
Let's make one thing clear, she's doing nothing illegal. Patreon subscriptions are donations and she can do whatever she wants with that money.

But she has publicly announced to use the money through her non-profit association. Besides gardening (inc. the moat and terrace) and the labour costs coming with it, nothing else what has been done is 0% tax non-profit restoration. I believe that all Patreon money went to the association's account but she's paid bills from there for taxable work and purchases. That's why her accountant is now trying to sort out that mess and she'll end up paying a substantial amount of taxes. The money she's saved for the lake, rendering etc. will now go to pay them. As we know, these works have been postponed by at least 6 months that she has time to collect new funds.

If her patrons are happy to be paying for Nutty's and Gerry's apartments, grand salon paneling... then there's no problem, it's between her and her patrons.

• Heart
Wonder why he wants to wear such tight clothing all the time.
Didn't he hashtag his Instagram pictures with #HollandsNextTopModel?
I mean he must be feeling his thin oats...
Oh. Wait didn't Kate Moss once say: Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels.
That must be Phyllis' inspirational quote - framed on the wall next to a picture of Dan the Gardener...

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 16
:)(y)

How very kind...however I don't mind having "catty member" 😸 under my avatar. I have trained most of the reception staff at work to call me by first name now, it is quite amusing to see how various people react to that :ROFLMAO: I am trying to insert a bit of scandinavian democray into our hierarchical world in London City. I am a rebel! And a VIP.
And what is your first name?

No tiles in the loo but flagstones. That is the finished floor. And the flagstones are incredibly filthy with white paint all over them.

View attachment 950372
View attachment 950383
that looks like a mausoleum with a toilet at its end.

• Haha
Maybe Armoire is not as neat and tidy as we think. Selmar would have NEVER left those stones looking like that.
What I find ridiculous is. You find fossils when you are cutting the flagstones and are so happy about it, amazed even. Then you lay the flagstone where the toilet is going so they are hidden! What a nut Sillymar is.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 12
My favourite euphemism, used by men needing to go and urinate, is for them to say that they are 'going to point percy at the porcelain' 😁

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Whoa! Yentas! 23 pages in less than 24 hours! Looks like we all got plenty of time this Christmas break! :LOL:

Many of you predicted that the downstairs loo will be finished by December '21 and you were right.

My personal prediction was December 2023!

I still can't believe it took them 16 months to finish that tiny space.

Those fixtures don't at all look anything special. It seems pointless to "special order" those fixtures from England.

After all that time and money spent, I was hoping SJ would get an Alexa-command smart toilet!
There could've been at least one smart thing in that farmhouse.

105667081-1546991248752imagefromios.jpg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
Franglais or Frenglish is spoken as well. ✌

This little clip is extra and posted for BJJ, (@00:26 and @1:45) and Potty (a pro driver) ...

I love this!! Thanks for sharing. He is adorable.

Reactions: 6
Just watched Dan's vlog and have to say I really hate the burnt wood window and door reveal. So much going on in that room already, the trim should have been plain white. I know taste is subjective, but that burnt wood is just plain f'ugly.

I was thinking the same thing, he really likes to emphasis his thinness, which isn't something that is common in the young men I know, they want to look bigger so wear bigger clothes. I thought skinny jeans had gone out of fashion .... Wonder why he wants to wear such tight clothing all the time.
Hmmmmmm.....I wonder also.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
@ lolander I agree with you about SJ (that's a complicated situation). To be honest most of what I know about the Fleuries is from here, I only watched 2 of their videos & stopped when they mentioned patrons (I did the same for some of the others). The connection with SJ was what they said in that video, I know she visited a lot of chateau's & most of them used her for the advice & viewers but I see them all as the same & noticed the patrons prefer the 2 that look & speak alike. I defended the Pethericks 2 weeks ago when the Billy story was released & criticised Sadie when she asked people to buy carrots for her horse & I don't watch MPK (I liked him on the old CD videos). Others don't do the same, you can't criticise their favourites even when it is obvious they are all doing the same thing, it's like SJ,'s fans who criticise S&T for their kick starter but fail to notice she's doing something similar. I like Dan but I accept people's opinion of him, they are entitled to it.

Reactions: 5
why does he mention his first name when he isn’t actually telling it? Such an attention seeker.

So, his first name is Heath then? How.. unfitting.
I imagine there are a couple of disappointed Tattlers discovering that the water damage was due to a storm and not Annalise throwing a wobbly. 🌧🌬 :LOL:

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
I was thinking the same thing, he really likes to emphasize his thinness, which isn't something that is common in the young men I know, they want to look bigger so wear bigger clothes. I thought skinny jeans had gone out of fashion .... Wonder why he wants to wear such tight clothing all the time.
Skinny jeans are out of fashion, but I'm guessing, BJJ, as a frugal Dutch, would rather just keep using his tights than spend his hard-earned gigolo money on new pants.

My fiancee suggested that we send BJJ a pair of Lululemon leggings for Cadeaux!
That sounds like be a dream come true for him.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
Whoa! Yentas! 23 pages in less than 24 hours! Looks like we all got plenty of time this Christmas break! :LOL:

Many of you predicted that the downstairs loo will be finished by December '21 and you were right.

My personal prediction was December 2023!

I still can't believe it took them 16 months to finish that tiny space.

Those fixtures don't at all look anything special. It seems pointless to "special order" those fixtures from England.

After all that time and money spent, I was hoping SJ would get an Alexa-command smart toilet!
There could've been at least one smart thing in that farmhouse.

View attachment 950916
I had to check your name because I thought Jikki showed his favorite dating spot..

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.