The Chateau Diaries #101 Dear Stephanie, I got you a gift - your comeuppance!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I just watched Dan’s vlog…I know that I’m going against the grain here, but I actually liked the burned wood trim he installed around the studio doors. Don’t get me wrong…It’s not something I would do myself…but I thought it was a creative idea for his studio. The OSB (Oriented Strand Board) he used is inexpensive, so the burned finish made it look more interesting or artistic. I just appreciate that he’s making due with the materials he’s got…not spending a fortune when unnecessary. It really puts MPK to shame. Dan will have that studio finished ages before the gardeners cottage, and it will look really nice for a lot less money. I’m pretty sure he’ll also have it completed before SJ finishes the curtains, painting, and other details in the downstairs loo. It boggles the mind…SJ collects over $30k per month but can’t get anything done. But Dan will have his studio finished in less than a year…working on it part time almost entirely by himself!

• Heart
Reactions: 46
I must say that I am enjoying being surprised by @Green Fairy's frequently changing avatar. Most entertaining! You change your avatar more often than Fanny changes her pants. That's when she remembers to wear them! 😉

• Haha
Reactions: 18
€2000 back then so she hardly got them for a £5 fiver, if seller was moving or not, that fact that she did not say how much she paid means she paid € 1999 if not more !
I think she paid £2000 for them back then, and this is just a ruse to justify the purchase.

Reactions: 20
So I have the damned covid. My youngest son ( the type 1 diabetic) just was tested 20 minutes ago and he does too. 😟😟😕
Anyway, I am crabby.
So I watched the stupid CD and at about 4 minutes in when Phyllis was saying adamantly that those little dishes were salad plates...I lost it and posted a comment on how I felt. It will get deleted by wonderboy and I will get lambasted by the Shanty zombies....but it was necessary!!!
Yikes I had to call all of my hair clients about them being exposed.😥😣
When I called my clients to cancel them because I am out of commission until next Tuesday ( if all goes well.)..two of them were just concerned about WHEN I could get them in to do their hair!!!
I am telling you guys. I could write a book!
Hoping you & your son recover quickly... look after yourselves...💜

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I must say that I am enjoying being surprised by @Green Fairy's frequently changing avatar. Most entertaining! You change your avatar more often than Fanny changes her pants. That's when she remembers to wear them! 😉
Haha! I change my avatar with my mood. A demure Georgian lady with a big hat wasn't going to cut it today, I was in a kick-ass mood 🙊

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
I just watched Dan’s vlog…I know that I’m going against the grain here, but I actually liked the burned wood trim he installed around the studio doors. Don’t get me wrong…It’s not something I would do myself…but I thought it was a creative idea for his studio. The OSB (Oriented Strand Board) he used is inexpensive, so the burned finish made it look more interesting or artistic. I just appreciate that he’s making due with the materials he’s got…not spending a fortune when unnecessary. It really puts MPK to shame. Dan will have that studio finished ages before the gardeners cottage, and it will look really nice for a lot less money. I’m pretty sure he’ll also have it completed before SJ finishes the curtains, painting, and other details in the downstairs loo. It boggles the mind…SJ collects over $30k per month but can’t get anything done. But Dan will have his studio finished in less than a year…working on it part time almost entirely by himself!
Oh no you have been watching PJ too much. That was a pun he would have used. "Going against the grain" when taking about wood.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Yep

You watch that patron drop
No way they will finance you bringing camel toe support mammal on safari
😂😂😂😂😂

Actually do it … triple dare you

• Haha
Reactions: 16
I imagine there are a couple of disappointed Tattlers discovering that the water damage was due to a storm and not Annalise throwing a wobbly. 🌧🌬 :LOL:
I was relieved. But I still have a nagging feeling that all is not right there and stupidly that worries me.
I like everybody to be happy.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Good God, I really would like to punch "Mr know it all" Phi Phi. Tonight he tried to lecture everybody on the use of small narrow moon shaped plates.

With no culture and no education, Phi Phi thought Google would make him look good when he proclaimed "these are SALAD PLATES", no they are NOT idiot !!! They are plates to discard small bones, mostly fish bones. Only much later, much bigger moon shaped plates appeared that could actually hold more than three slices of tomato.

And to infuriate me even further we were again told "my grandparents ...".
I wonder if he grew up with his grandparents as he mentions them in EVERY vlog but NEVER his parents !

Ashampoo_Snap_Donnerstag, 30. Dezember 2021_23h29m10s_002_.png
Ashampoo_Snap_Donnerstag, 30. Dezember 2021_23h30m13s_003_.png

• Angry
  • Sick
Reactions: 31
It's not for women. It's for other men, straight or otherwise. It's another version of the big fish story, as in, mine is bigger than yours! Men who are out of touch with a woman't sexuaity think size impresses. No, we just want the diamonds that's where size matters!
Why wouldn't size impress? Of course it does. Technique helps but size and technique is even better.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Yes, I quite liked it as well. It's a common method for preservation of wood and I thought it was interesting in this context.

Reactions: 12
So I have the damned covid. My youngest son ( the type 1 diabetic) just was tested 20 minutes ago and he does too. 😟😟😕
Anyway, I am crabby.
So I watched the stupid CD and at about 4 minutes in when Phyllis was saying adamantly that those little dishes were salad plates...I lost it and posted a comment on how I felt. It will get deleted by wonderboy and I will get lambasted by the Shanty zombies....but it was necessary!!!
Yikes I had to call all of my hair clients about them being exposed.😥😣
When I called my clients to cancel them because I am out of commission until next Tuesday ( if all goes well.)..two of them were just concerned about WHEN I could get them in to do their hair!!!
I am telling you guys. I could write a book!
So sorry to hear that. I hope all are on the mend soon.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I also liked Dan's burnt reveals, I think when you step back and look at that wall as a whole rather than a close-up of the trim, it works well.
And kudos to him for not just flicking through a catalogue and choosing diamond encrusted gilt edged trims hand rubbed by obscure Florentine monks or whatever.
I also think his current focus on the studio is quite clever. I know some people are bored of it but he's showing that he can conceive a plan and execute it, and (gasp) complete it pretty much alone. For me it's an oasis of sanity after the lunacy of trying to watch Fanny, I find her utterly exhausting these days and FF through most of the hysteria.

• Heart
Reactions: 30
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.