The Chateau Diaries #101 Dear Stephanie, I got you a gift - your comeuppance!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Whoa! Yentas! 23 pages in less than 24 hours! Looks like we all got plenty of time this Christmas break! :LOL:

Many of you predicted that the downstairs loo will be finished by December '21 and you were right.

My personal prediction was December 2023!

I still can't believe it took them 16 months to finish that tiny space.

Those fixtures don't at all look anything special. It seems pointless to "special order" those fixtures from England.

After all that time and money spent, I was hoping SJ would get an Alexa-command smart toilet!
There could've been at least one smart thing in that farmhouse.

View attachment 950916
Your prediction of the loo being finished by Dec 2023 may still come true because it certainly isn't finished yet.

-The window surrounds are supposed to be painted as well as the wooden parts next to the toilet
-The window itself needs replacing
-There were supposed to be new curtains
-The first chandelier doesn't have light bulbs
-The second chandelier is not in place
-The radiator cover isn't done
-Some skirting boards look damaged and in need of detailing
-The floor is covered in paint stains
-The entry door is still in a state

It's usable but not really finished.
I had to check your name because I thought Jikki showed his favorite dating spot..
Ha-ha. It's been a long time since I've been cruising in any toilets 😜

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
Just watched Dan's vlog and have to say I really hate the burnt wood window and door reveal. So much going on in that room already, the trim should have been plain white. I know taste is subjective, but that burnt wood is just plain f'ugly.
is that Jessica Cruz in your profile pic?

3607CAD3-F407-4F55-89B2-8B2B12D47FE5.jpeg

Reactions: 4
I agree, Philip appeared to have done his homework. It sounded to me like he's spent a lot of time with it and with measuring and thinking about it, even more than SJ has. He was very invested in it all.
Well he definitely thought he knew where the mirror was going because it sounded so good he said it twice... that's where the mirror is going.... oh yes the mirror will be going there...(between the large paneling) until SJ said it wasn't going there now... ?????? they need to communicate more x

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Don’t the French Put baby Jesus in the Christmas cake? Then something happens to the person who gets a piece with Jesus in? I’m sure SJ mentioned this on a precious year’s advent.
I remember that episode….I can’t recall all the details though. Stephanie got the baby I think. Seems there was a crown involved, and the person who gets the baby is king for the day….or I’m completely wrong…in which case I trust I’ll be corrected post haste. 🤣

Reactions: 7
Well he definitely thought he knew where the mirror was going because it sounded so good he said it twice... that's where the mirror is going.... oh yes the mirror will be going there...(between the large paneling) unti SJ said it wasn't going there now... ?????? they need to communicate more x
oh no, a break down in the pillow talk department!!

• Haha
Reactions: 11
"comfort break"
Shudder!
In the days when Prince Charles had Kanga Tryon as a mistress, he would like to make a brief stop off at her home, if he were passing on the way home from an engagement, to enjoy a gin and tonic and a sexual rendezvous. Prince Charles reportedly referred to this as a "comfort stop" or "comfort break" in the same way as coach drivers use this phrase when advising their passengers of a break at a service station.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 13
Poor Kanga …..such a sad end.

Now Hanni - best tennis legs ever, even better than Steffi Graf. What happened to her? Last seen screaming out car window “see you at the ball”, presumably the Versailles ball. No show but random volunteer just arrived gets a ticket!

SJ you have got to get back in with your old friends. Having an entourage of volunteers and paid for employees and boyfriends is not a good look.

Reactions: 22
watching today's vlog

* she goes to get her booster
* and she's in the loo with Amaury, coving in processes, so she's not stayed out and been banned from the loo like she said ....
* Amaury says "when you're spending a penny you'll be warm"
* breakfast with Auntie & Uncle before the leave (timelines SUPER confused)
* emotional good bye from Chantal, saying this will be one of many visits
* Uncle Stephen tells PJ to enjoy every minute of the Safari
* Porcelain sorting to be taken up to Narnia (why do they want to run to Narnia when they need the dishes, seems stupid, or wait, maybe PJ will put a table in Narnia and make that his dish setting studio)
* Nic & Marie are arriving today, so PJ is making their apartment more homely, she showed their finished loo, and mentioned that Nick and Marie want SJ and PJ to do the rest of the decoration choices for them.
* mini tour of the downstairs loo ... shows the floor, yikes why all the white dust or paint? Definitely not as Selmar left it.
* More porcelain sorting, by Marie & Sabine
* Peacocks
* new patio furniture for the pergola, 19 century British garden furniture
* more ideas for Narnia, lamp post, stuffed animal storage, fake trees, and armoire to walk through to a change room
* Nick, Marie, Antoine & pets arrive to their warm fitted out by PJ cottage and then Marie & Antoine are taken over to oooh, and ahhh over the downstairs loo
* 6:46 pm and they sit down to a snack, the owners in the kitchen ... Potts is cleaning the flour he spilt on the stove top so he doesn't get in trouble with Marie when she comes to cook supper. They must eat quite late every night. More Norwegian cheese and salami etc.

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
Your prediction of the loo being finished by Dec 2023 may still come true because it certainly isn't finished yet.

-The window surrounds are supposed to be painted as well as the wooden parts next to the toilet
-The window itself needs replacing
-There were supposed to be new curtains
-The first chandelier doesn't have light bulbs
-The second chandelier is not in place
-The radiator cover isn't done
-Some skirting boards look damaged and in need of detailing
-The floor is covered in paint stains
-The entry door is still in a state

It's usable but not really finished.

Ha-ha. It's been a long time since I've been cruising in any toilets 😜

cd265.png

SJ is lying again.... :LOL: ;)
Selmar started working on that loo in August 2020!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 20
Well Armoir knows about all the bodies she buried underneath all that decorating by now, so I doubt he will want to buy in anyway. Nobody in their right mind ever will, so she better be happy with having the HMN forever and ever.
That's the funny thing. If she tries to sell it as the "famous chateau from ETTC", a savvy buyer might head straight to the blogs for some research. Therein they will find all of the dark corners and building skeletons and NO SALE!

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 12
I have a serious question. Really.
Do men think that is a sexy look???? Their pants so tight that their Oscar Meyer is delineated??
I think most women find it disgusting.

It's not for women. It's for other men, straight or otherwise. It's another version of the big fish story, as in, mine is bigger than yours! Men who are out of touch with a woman't sexuality think size impresses. No, we just want the diamonds that's where size matters!

The only problem is that Phi Phi doesn't have a real "Phi Phi" in his trousers as we have seen so often... but he does have a massive CAMEL TOE !!!

Screenshot_20211129-144528_Instagram.jpg
Screenshot_20211129-170311_Instagram.jpg
... but he does have a massive CAMEL TOE !!!

• Sick
  • Haha
I remember that episode….I can’t recall all the details though. Stephanie got the baby I think. Seems there was a crown involved, and the person who gets the baby is king for the day….or I’m completely wrong…in which case I trust I’ll be corrected post haste. 🤣
The king for the day is on Jan 6. It’s a special cake which results in crown wearing but I do remember a baby and Christmas cake. It’s in the first advent series but I’m not sure which episode she baked the cake. I think it’s a Jarvis thing. 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Omg pjj, those are bone dishes, even i know this muvh and i no china collector... nor china yt creator

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
I have a serious question. Really.
Do men think that is a sexy look???? Their pants so tight that their Oscar Meyer is delineated??
I think most women find it disgusting.

The only problem is that Phi Phi doesn't have a real "Phi Phi" in his trousers as we have seen so often... but he does have a massive CAMEL TOE !!!

View attachment 951040View attachment 951041... but he does have a massive CAMEL TOE !!!
If you all would please shrink these photos when posting them I would appreciate it. They do such violence to my eyes. The contamination is only cured with a swift rinse of bleach.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
For someone who was saying something abput the soap in the downstairs loo, it is possible that she wants to show off that she got Marseille levander soap (i have the same one in the kitchen but without the plastic)

• Haha
Omg pjj, those are bone dishes, even i know this muvh and i no china collector... nor china yt creator
😂
...he's hopeless... 🤪
From today's CD's live chat...

H. B. @philip I believe the crescent shaped plates are bone plates. Intended to go beside the main plate to catch bones from fish or chicken, etc. Of course now you can use them for anything.

Philip Janssen @H.B. Oh! That makes sense :)

For someone who was saying something abput the soap in the downstairs loo, it is possible that she wants to show off that she got Marseille levander soap (i have the same one in the kitchen but without the plastic)
SJ was hoping for Marseille soap but will end up with toilet paper. 🤪

...again, from the live chat...

Maria K @the Chateau Diaries I bought special toilet paper once at the Carrousel du Louvre shopping

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.