The Chateau Diaries #101 Dear Stephanie, I got you a gift - your comeuppance!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thank you, i would never want to offend anyone in such a way.

Now that Ive gone and googled "fanny" as well, I think I'm sorted out. How did this word ever get so mixed up! It's just one's bum!!! 🤣
Wow! UK use is very offensive....good to know! :oops:

• Haha
Reactions: 9
The BBQ is traditionally Potty’s thing on Boxing Day. And Dan is at Chateau, again? Is it not a public holiday in France?
besides the fact it was Sunday, Dan is British, SJ is British, it's BOXING DAY :unsure:

Those jeans are tight!
BJJ either has micro pp and miniature balls the size of peanuts or he's had a sex change.
A man with functional implements can never pull that off without a ballet dance belt.

View attachment 949811

They may really be a lesbian couple.
Caitlyn Jenner

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I wonder if he is still there this time next year, will he sing the Carol King song, "Will you still love me tomorrow" to Fanny?

View attachment 949832

And with that ……

You actually feel a tad bit sorry for SSB ……..

I mean chateau Diaries gift grab could have gotten her a real Man 😈

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Top manipulators in the Chateau YTube Community
1. SJ
2. Fleuries

Top beggars in the Chateau YTube Community
1. MPK because he has 3 or more begging accounts (Patreon, buy me coffee & Go fund me) & has begged a few times in his videos.
2. SJ she's the advisor & leader. They all set up Ytube, patreon & funding accounts after she started making money.

@ Albee, @ LaFrancaise123 & @ Jikki2 (pg 46 thread 100).
A miracle must have happened between October & now (3 months) because the popular Fleuries gained at least 40,000 more subscribers. October 2021 87.3K, December 2021 129K. How much of their views, likes & comments are real? We know SJ has been buying 1,000 - 5,000 subs every month but she only managed to get 30K plus in 6 months compared to the Fleuries. The words deceit & manipulation does not only apply to SJ & MPK.

web.archive.org/web/20211003185403/https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEqU-Ts-hxmpnlWgRMgd2MQ
I thought we had already reached consensus on the Fleuries and their sudden success. Their bathroom mural was shown on Channel4, people were impressed and looked them up. That caused a domino effect and their videos were recommended to more and more people. Their tour of the chateau -video has 1,5 million views! Their growth has already slowed down but still substantial 11k subs this month. Lucky them.

I don't understand the manipulation allegation either. Yes, their videos are scripted and carefully curated. But they have a very different concept and they're not filming their daily life at the chateau like SJ. It's not about daily social interactions with people around them but restoring the chateau. For many of us this is plain boring even The Fleuries try to make the restoration as funny and interesting as possible. It's difficult 🤷‍♀️. Philipp is a professional and they're filming multiple story lines simultaneously, when one is completed it'll be edited to a vlog. They're usually weeks ahead which gives them time to breath, fine tune and plan. They have no ulterior motives to scam people, they just have decided to leave their relationship and the daily struggles of a young family outside of their vlog. The patron money isn't used to something else than promised.

From the Oxford dictionary:
1640830424735.png

• Heart
Reactions: 34
Why did Aunty need to be in the panelling planning meeting?

Phiphi must be wiped out - he managed to lift some panelling. You could see that he was flushed due to the unaccustomed exertion.
ETA: I wonder if his jeans acted as a surgical truss? 🤔
I was thinking that too Jeeves....... why is Aunty there - was she spying for IJ ??

I believe an ambulance was sent to the Chateau for Squirrel Boyfriend who came over all sweaty and dizzy from the lifting ! 🚑🐿🦔

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Free advice for Dan
1. Get a babysitter in 2022 so you and your wife can be at the chateau events
2. Since SJ isn’t doing Sunday shows take that spot
3. Spend time with your wife
4. You showed us keys to your studio, use them
5. Plan family time and do not be pulled away

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 35
Ugh not to bring up Julie Mapperton again (I know that's not her name), but who else can I vent to when reminded of something?? She truly is a **** at times and it's super annoying. During the recent manor house loo check ( the actual toilets/loos have all been cheekily named by his father) , she and H go around all the 7 or 9 loos to show them to their viewers. Riveting stuff. They start going through all the Brit vs American names and she fails to mention "bathroom" or "restroom" . Americans don't really say they are going to "use the toilet", but say bathroom/restroom instead. British apparently don't like the sound of the word " toilet" too much? She also didn't know the word "crapper" comes from the guy who invented the modern toilet but I guess I could let that one go.

One I couldn't let go because it showed a lack of preparation for the episode was their "British vs American Christmas " episode. In addressing Christmas beverages, she fails to remember the US most definitely has a Christmas drink...cider, right? Noo!! Fellow Americans, isn't it eggnog????? And Jesus gets a Birthday cake at Christmas? That's the American Christmas dessert? I never even heard of this tradition! Julie!!! Please do at least some research and prep for an episode like that.

🙄🤦‍♀️
I would love to watch her but when she gets really excited (often) her jazz hands come to play. After a while she becomes aware of her hands and tries to calm herself down... it all is so awkward. There's something wrong with her husband, too many drugs in his youth 🤫 the rumor has it.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
“Cutting into the panels feels too much like vandalism”… absolutely adored that quote from StephaMEME. I think it’s good for all of us to know that StephaMEME does not condone vandalism...
No trimming the panels to fit the room properly, it would be vandalism according to Stephanie. Thumbtacking some of Andi’s craft store framed watercolors to the panels is fancy, high class, royal art.

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Now, I'm more interested if anyone thinks that the Lalalande panelling might be fake and just made to look old? I'm not entirely convinced it's from the 18th century. I wish I could get a better look at the back of it. I wouldn't be surprised if Stefanny got duped.
Like she showed us in the overdoors many things have been added, probably in the late 19th century. The overall look is very neo-rococo, maybe the panels are from 18th century but most of the decorative moldings are added or modified in the 19th century. I think she's trying to dupe us.

besides the fact it was Sunday, Dan is British, SJ is British, it's BOXING DAY :unsure:

Caitlyn Jenner
OT- my local grocery has a gentleman who works there who I refer to as "Bruce Jenner"- he SERIOUSLY looks like an older version of the 1980s Bruce Jenner (like when Bruce Jenner was a Olympic Champion, was on a box of Wheaties, and was a role model to all of us young runners.) This "Caitlyn" person is NOT Bruce Jenner to me- he's a farce! My grocery Bruce Jenner is far more bad-ass- Army paratrooper during 'Nam, served a tour in Korea, and only works at the grocery as "something to do" during retirement.

Reactions: 5
Ugh not to bring up Julie Mapperton again (I know that's not her name), but who else can I vent to when reminded of something?? She truly is a **** at times and it's super annoying. During the recent manor house loo check ( the actual toilets/loos have all been cheekily named by his father) , she and H go around all the 7 or 9 loos to show them to their viewers. Riveting stuff. They start going through all the Brit vs American names and she fails to mention "bathroom" or "restroom" . Americans don't really say they are going to "use the toilet", but say bathroom/restroom instead. British apparently don't like the sound of the word " toilet" too much? She also didn't know the word "crapper" comes from the guy who invented the modern toilet but I guess I could let that one go.

One I couldn't let go because it showed a lack of preparation for the episode was their "British vs American Christmas " episode. In addressing Christmas beverages, she fails to remember the US most definitely has a Christmas drink...cider, right? Noo!! Fellow Americans, isn't it eggnog????? And Jesus gets a Birthday cake at Christmas? That's the American Christmas dessert? I never even heard of this tradition! Julie!!! Please do at least some research and prep for an episode like that.

🙄🤦‍♀️
Julie is a hot mess. NO ONE in the US makes a Birthday cake for baby Jesus! (And I agree- it's eggnog, or just copious amounts of scotch/bourbon/gin after having spent a day dealing with one's relatives are more traditional- and for the non-alcohol crowd, it is hot cocoa with copious amounts of whipped cream. Very few Yanks drink cider- a few, but not many.) In the US- one leaves sugar cookies, cocoa (or milk) for Santa, and carrots and sugar cubes for the reindeer (ironically, Julie was raised in Illinois, but vey, she'd think she was raised on another planet. I'd forgive her for being a Bears fan- American football, but don't misquote Yank traditions!) SMH.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
It's the word I used to describe Julie. It has two slightly different usages in the UK and the US. Still, not the best word to use regardless. I appreciate the correction.

Yes I meant her overexcitability that can make her seem ditzy. ( Is ditzy still ok to use? 🤔)
... this conversation has totally lost this Canadian ... I have no idea which word was the offensive one ....

• Haha
  • Heart
4 in the morning, waking up and realizing that our heater malfunctions and I can’t restart it.

I can’t even call a repair guy, because my brother believes in the „doing it ourselves“ mantra.
He is to cheap to sign an annual service contract.

service usuall day in my life…

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 16
OT- my local grocery has a gentleman who works there who I refer to as "Bruce Jenner"- he SERIOUSLY looks like an older version of the 1980s Bruce Jenner (like when Bruce Jenner was a Olympic Champion, was on a box of Wheaties, and was a role model to all of us young runners.) This "Caitlyn" person is NOT Bruce Jenner to me- he's a farce! My grocery Bruce Jenner is far more bad-ass- Army paratrooper during 'Nam, served a tour in Korea, and only works at the grocery as "something to do" during retirement.
You may not like the person, but let's not intentionally misgender or dead name members of the transgender community.

Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.