The Chateau Diaries #101 Dear Stephanie, I got you a gift - your comeuppance!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Blywddyn Newydd Dda pawb. Wishing for a very happy, safe and healthy 2021 for us all. Iechyd da šŸ„‚ šŸ¾

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Yes, but even if Dan pays twice and does double the work, heā€™ll still finish his project before MPKā€™s gardeners cottage or the finishing touches on SJā€™s Blue Loogoonā€¦and cheaper, too! I guess Iā€™m guilty of doing the same thing as Dan sometimes. I like to do projects myself, but Iā€™m not a professional. So, thereā€™s a lot of ā€œtrial and errorā€ involvedā€¦thereā€™s been a few times where Iā€™ve had to fix a mistake or start over because Iā€™m a perfectionist. But, I always feel good about it when Iā€™m finished. I also know when somethingā€™s ā€œover my headā€ and I have no problem calling in an expert!
I understand that and Iā€™m guilty of it myself, but if I was doing it for my YouTube video and tight on cash, Iā€™d do plenty of research first.

I like it. Very festive!
Thank you ! šŸ˜˜

I like it. Very festive!
Thank you ! šŸ˜˜

Last edited:
Reactions: 7
Two problems with this garden furniture, firstly they are cast iron, look at them crookedly and they will shatter. Secondly, you have to use cushions on them. otherwise you will have a grated ass.
I have a set and I can promise you, as much as it doesnā€™t look like it is comfortable (I get it) it is actually comfortable. Itā€™s comfortable for sitting outside for a little while. If youā€™d like to throw your sweats on and recline for a couple hours and read a book while you hug a pillow, then no it isnā€™t. Iā€™d recommend a pool lounger with a pad if you need to be that comfortable.

Reactions: 12
I wonder how Nic's and Marie's cottage smells??? šŸ¤” They let the rabbit roam free. :sick: The :poop: may not be a problem but the pee, would be.

View attachment 952526
Maria K
3 hours ago
šŸ„°Crotte Crotte (poop poop)šŸ˜
My friend had a free range rabbit. It had a hutch that it returned to when it wanted to pee and poo. It was very regularly cleaned out and there was never any smell in her home. The rabbit was small and pure white and after a while, it went unnoticed by regular visitors. When new people came in, it was hysterical to watch their uncertainty as they saw the rabbit, with some even asking if we could see it too.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
Why did Aunty need to be in the panelling planning meeting?

Phiphi must be wiped out - he managed to lift some panelling. You could see that he was flushed due to the unaccustomed exertion.
ETA: I wonder if his jeans acted as a surgical truss? šŸ¤”
Omg! aunty,aunty,auntyā€¦..Leggings are not pants! please have mercy!

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I have a set and I can promise you, as much as it doesnā€™t look like it is comfortable (I get it) it is actually comfortable. Itā€™s comfortable for sitting outside for a little while. If youā€™d like to throw your sweats on and recline for a couple hours and read a book while you hug a pillow, then no it isnā€™t. Iā€™d recommend a pool lounger with a pad if you need to be that comfortable.
My parents have had a set for many years and it is still used - for short periods. It looks nice ( Dad always kept it well painted) It's fine for morning coffee but no-one sits there for long and soon gravitate to more comfortable seats!

Reactions: 15
Not to derail, but I can't help wondering how many of our American tartlettes have started using British words, picked up from following this thread, for example 'loo' for toilet , in their everyday vocabulary ?
Well I do not,but really love the multiculturalism of tattlers! Different words, recipes,etc. love ,love, love!

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I felt rotten for Dan šŸ˜• heā€™s trying to do things cheaply and I understand that, but he ends up paying twice and doing double the work
Buy nice or buy twice
or
Fools rush in
or
all the P's seem apt for Preston Inc .. Planning & Preparation Prevents Piss Poor Performance

He did re-do the roof but didn't have the correct tiles to finish off the edges - the wind has lifted the felt (and probably the tiles) at the outer edges and let in the driving rain

Also think Dan should think very carefully about what is his own style and what is a pastiche of Casey N
Cheers for the vid @sandro37

@Jeeves @OhIDontKnow... šŸ„³ a comfy chair or lounger for me šŸ––

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
I understand that and Iā€™m guilty of it myself, but if I was doing it for my YouTube video and tight on cash, Iā€™d do plenty of research first.
Iā€™m guilty of doing my home improvement research on YouTube! šŸ˜† I probably need to rethink my resources! (Actually, thereā€™s a lot of good info on YouTubeā€¦and a lot of bad info, too!)

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 13
I think we are being a little too generous here with regards to Amaury's skill sets. Yes he has a properly equipped atlier but that means sweet FA, it reminds me of the chateau owner I worked for in France, he had a workshop, the likes of which I had never seen before, yet he couldn't hammer in an effin nail. So far I haven't seen anything he has done that makes me think that this man is a carpenter or any form of artisan. Another pointer to the quality of work of a craftsman is his ability to clean up his debris daily and not leave it at his ass, probably for someone else to clean up.

Flaking paint and plaster means only one thing........... damp. So, any contents in the apartment would also be permeated by dampness as well. Doesn't matter how much tidying up shitface does, an American saying i love, you can't polish a turd.
Don't think Amuary was given any time to clean up. SJ rushed work on the bleu loo to get it into a vlog before year-end & before she heads off to SA. Otherwise they would have taken the time to finish the painting, curtain, chandilier etc.

Iā€™m guilty of doing my home improvement research on YouTube! šŸ˜† I probably need to rethink my resources! (Actually, thereā€™s a lot of good info on YouTubeā€¦and a lot of bad info, too!)
Same ! I snapped my key in the door and wasnā€™t paying 100s for an emergency locksmith, so I watched a few you tube videos and learned how to take out the locking system and replace. Was so proud of myself šŸ˜‚ Also done my own panelling and electrics. Good old YouTube ! Lol

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Welcome. Glad he has seen the light. What brought you both here to Tattle?
Somehow he stumbled across it and put me on to it. What has disappointed him the most is the lack of progress on any substantive changes. The Chateau has potential but, as pointed out by others here, itā€™s turning into Grey Gardens. At least Little Edie had some panache.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 21
Yes I think it is more likely that he will be attacked by hyenas. He wouldn't even run away when he hears their laughter because he is so used to that sound........
His own laughter may sound like a mating call to hyenas.. now that's an interesting image šŸ™ˆšŸ¤£

• Haha
My booster was pfizer and I felt like I was dying! I am triple vacc'd
I had 2 Astra Zeneca ones, then a Pfizer booster; had just a slight reaction to the first one and nothing after the next two. I felt maybe I should have had a reaction to prove it works! However, we all react differently.

Happy New Year to all Tattlers everywhere, I hope it's happy and healthy for us all. Take care!

• Heart
Reactions: 12
And grandma didn't look very motherly, either.
Mamina (SL's name for her grandmother) was a very fierceful woman. Even when she suffered from dementia, SJ and IJ were both scared to death of her. She could decimate and humiliate both women with just one sharp remark.

I WONDER WHAT THE PARTY PEOPLE AT LA LANDE WILL BE DOING FOR NEW YEARā€™S EVE? ANY INTEL ON THAT?
Same old same old. Boring food, boring party, boring company. Maybe SJ bought some fireworks again? She seems to like that.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
Radiator on max, blanket, sweatpants, jacket and a little coughing. At least I am at home over the weekend.

squirrel-snow.gif

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 17
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.