The Chateau Diaries #101 Dear Stephanie, I got you a gift - your comeuppance!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Does anyone really think Mummy or Aunt and Uncle have any say over what SJ wants to do? Maybe because I've been on my own since a young age, this doesn't compute. I don't even think Nic/Michael Potts have any say over her. She's the majority shareholder right? They seem like they are really hands off and just in it for the party/vacation place. And, I also picture Aunt/Uncle pretty well off. Is that incorrect? Nice car either way.
View attachment 951521
There's a scratch on the side of the car. Remember the Jaguar?

Reactions: 1
Does anyone really think Mummy or Aunt and Uncle have any say over what SJ wants to do? Maybe because I've been on my own since a young age, this doesn't compute. I don't even think Nic/Michael Potts have any say over her. She's the majority shareholder right? They seem like they are really hands off and just in it for the party/vacation place. And, I also picture Aunt/Uncle pretty well off. Is that incorrect? Nice car either way.
View attachment 951521
Do not be led by that Mercedes badge, it is a 2005 very high mileage old banger with the scratches to match not worth much more than Stephs new garden chairs cost.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 13
Oh wow, we have New Years Eve masks. Mine fits perfectly for once. Look like I'm holding open a cape.

• Haha
Reactions: 17
I just watched Dan’s vlog…I know that I’m going against the grain here, but I actually liked the burned wood trim he installed around the studio doors. Don’t get me wrong…It’s not something I would do myself…but I thought it was a creative idea for his studio. The OSB (Oriented Strand Board) he used is inexpensive, so the burned finish made it look more interesting or artistic. I just appreciate that he’s making due with the materials he’s got…not spending a fortune when unnecessary. It really puts MPK to shame. Dan will have that studio finished ages before the gardeners cottage, and it will look really nice for a lot less money. I’m pretty sure he’ll also have it completed before SJ finishes the curtains, painting, and other details in the downstairs loo. It boggles the mind…SJ collects over $30k per month but can’t get anything done. But Dan will have his studio finished in less than a year…working on it part time almost entirely by himself!
I like the burned wood trim for Dan's studio too! It suits his personal style and I am happy that it will be reflected in his own work space.
What a joy to have a space that one can do whatever they want with it -- I suspect each of use tattlers would create some stellar decor given the opportunity!

Reactions: 14
My favourite euphemism, used by men needing to go and urinate, is for them to say that they are 'going to point percy at the porcelain' 😁
I like “I have to hit the head”. I also like “I need to drop a deuce”. I also like “I need to tinkle”. Another favorite “I need to drain the lizard”.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
What are the cakes made in New Orleans that have little babies in them, I thought that they had something to do with baby Jesus ?
(My apologies if someone already answered)- They are called "King Cakes". The Mardi Gras or Carnival season officially begins on January 6th or the "Twelfth Night," also known to Christians as the "Epiphany." Epiphany comes from a Greek word that means "to show." Jesus first showed himself to the three wisemen and to the world on this day. As a symbol of this Holy Day, a tiny plastic baby is placed inside each King Cake.

The King Cake tradition is thought to have been brought to New Orleans from France in 1870. A King Cake is an oval-shaped bakery delicacy, crossed between a coffee cake and a French pastry that is as rich in history as it is in flavor. It's decorated in royal colors of PURPLE which signifies "Justice," GREEN for "Faith," and GOLD for "Power." These colors were chosen to resemble a jeweled crown honoring the Wise Men who visited the Christ Child on Epiphany. In the past such things as coins, beans, pecans, or peas were also hidden in each King Cake.

Today, a tiny plastic baby is the common prize. At a party, the King Cake is sliced and served. Each person looks to see if their piece contains the "baby." If so, then that person is named "King" for a day and bound by custom to host the next party and provide the King Cake.

Mardi Gras Day has a moveable date and may occur on any Tuesday from February 3rd to March 9th. It is always the day before Ash Wednesday, and always falls 46 days before Easter.

And they are DELICIOUS!!! 🎭📿

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Oh yes she did .. the uncomfortable chairs :oops: they look pretty riiight, who cares if they break your back

View attachment 951164(n)(n)
Actually they are really comfortable. You’d be surprised.

The same day SJ forgot her pants.

View attachment 951207

@24:50 she and BJJ look at the garden furniture with Ian, April 8, 2021.

Yep 2000€ was what I remembered and it is actually a fair price. They are getting harder and harder to find. If taken care of properly they will last forever.

Reactions: 8
They are going on a Safari? Where? There is COVID everywhere. I envy her with all her vacations and trips all over the world but not with Squirrel boy or Gerry or MPK. :cautious:

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I guess Steph Mommy will now have to pack a separate suitcase with the hedgehog toys, the big boy pull ups for PhiPhi. Maybe Isabelle can take her Grandson shopping for clothes that don’t cinch his little personal parts.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Why would you serve salad in such a plate? He is so silly! I'm glad he caught out, makes me happy! I bet that beany really stinks since he wears it everyday, all day.
I hope Russian Marie steals his stupid beanie and burns it! Actually what the hell is he going to wear in SA? (And no, no, no, please don't anyone show that photo of him in his white pants!).

• Haha
Reactions: 22
So I have the damned covid. My youngest son ( the type 1 diabetic) just was tested 20 minutes ago and he does too. 😟😟😕
Anyway, I am crabby.
So I watched the stupid CD and at about 4 minutes in when Phyllis was saying adamantly that those little dishes were salad plates...I lost it and posted a comment on how I felt. It will get deleted by wonderboy and I will get lambasted by the Shanty zombies....but it was necessary!!!
Yikes I had to call all of my hair clients about them being exposed.😥😣
When I called my clients to cancel them because I am out of commission until next Tuesday ( if all goes well.)..two of them were just concerned about WHEN I could get them in to do their hair!!!
I am telling you guys. I could write a book!
Wishing you a return to perfect health ....your son too. What a way to end the year. Sad for you.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Thank god for the "Disable Holiday Styling" option! Stupid mask!

I like “I have to hit the head”. I also like “I need to drop a deuce”. I also like “I need to tinkle”. Another favorite “I need to drain the lizard”.
"Dropping the kids off at the pool" is a favorite of mine. On my mom uses that grosses me out is "the runs."

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 5
(My apologies if someone already answered)- They are called "King Cakes". The Mardi Gras or Carnival season officially begins on January 6th or the "Twelfth Night," also known to Christians as the "Epiphany." Epiphany comes from a Greek word that means "to show." Jesus first showed himself to the three wisemen and to the world on this day. As a symbol of this Holy Day, a tiny plastic baby is placed inside each King Cake.

The King Cake tradition is thought to have been brought to New Orleans from France in 1870. A King Cake is an oval-shaped bakery delicacy, crossed between a coffee cake and a French pastry that is as rich in history as it is in flavor. It's decorated in royal colors of PURPLE which signifies "Justice," GREEN for "Faith," and GOLD for "Power." These colors were chosen to resemble a jeweled crown honoring the Wise Men who visited the Christ Child on Epiphany. In the past such things as coins, beans, pecans, or peas were also hidden in each King Cake.

Today, a tiny plastic baby is the common prize. At a party, the King Cake is sliced and served. Each person looks to see if their piece contains the "baby." If so, then that person is named "King" for a day and bound by custom to host the next party and provide the King Cake.

Mardi Gras Day has a moveable date and may occur on any Tuesday from February 3rd to March 9th. It is always the day before Ash Wednesday, and always falls 46 days before Easter.

And they are DELICIOUS!!! 🎭📿
Thank you for the history.
Camelito has sent a message to reaffirm he is King of the Dump & Carnival and wears his bun(ny) proudly.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Moons ago she was sat on chairs like these on a vlog, I cannot remember, when or where I sure they were €€€++++, anyone remember ?
Yes it was in an upstairs antique shed. Looked like the floor would cave in. She said at the time that it was too expensive

Thank you for the history.
Camelito has sent a message to reaffirm he is King of the Dump & Carnival and wears his bun(ny) proudly.
View attachment 951643
If snorts was bald like that and had that body he might be tolerable. But, hey, I am running a fever now...I may be delirious.
Don't believe a word I say.

View attachment 951355

New Diamonds for Christmas?
Its a promise ring. All the kids in junior high were exchanging them this season.

I hope you and your son get well soon. Try to take it easy for the next few days…gives you an excuse to stay in for the New Year weekend ❤
Thank you KyBourbon! My husband is working doubles all weekend at his hospital and the higher ups told him to come on in to work. He is vaccinated ( so was I) but jeeze.....I thought they would at least want him to be tested first. He said he is doing one as soon as he gets to work tonight. He works midnights.
So no big new year stuff to do....I feel bad for my granddaughter who probably had plans to spend the night at a little friends house and now she is quarantining.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
Dammit! Now I have to read everyone’s name every time I read a post… my visual brain is very unhappy with these masks ☹
My avatar is literally peaking on top of it! 😂😂

I quite liked Dan’s window reveals! And I’m also glad the flood wasn’t done as sabotage to his studio… just Mother Nature giving him the finger 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.