The Chateau Diaries #101 Dear Stephanie, I got you a gift - your comeuppance!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The stone flooring is down, but incredibly filthy. Just like everything else at LL.
It probably is. Though it is ancient stone with pores, so it isn't a floor that will look clean.

Just found this bit where Selmar is putting the "grout" or sand between the stone tiles, so the floor has been finished for at least 7 months as this was mid May last year.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
I found it highly amusing that BJJ, looking like a teenage girl, is pretending to look as though he has some idea about the positioning of the panelling as he would like to appear as the master of the house. You can see him trying to think of something intelligent to say but not managing it and he keeps looking at Steph with a blank, enquiring look on his face as if he wants her reassurance. In comparison with Amaury and his father, and even Potty, he contributed very little to the moving of the panels and looked so daft in his high heels and tight jeans!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 33
Thank you Green Fairy, I can't see a warning, , my missing posts , both the same, were about a certain discussion late last night regarding an offensive word.
Aah! I've found that if you respond to a post that is subsequently deleted, then all responses to that post get deleted too. That's probably what happened.

Reactions: 10
Why oh why would he always want to emphasize his stick figure with super tight clothes?? Ugh!!
I think he is a one nut nutter.
I was thinking the same thing, he really likes to emphasis his thinness, which isn't something that is common in the young men I know, they want to look bigger so wear bigger clothes. I thought skinny jeans had gone out of fashion .... Wonder why he wants to wear such tight clothing all the time.

Reactions: 10
18 months and the loo is an unfinished rush job!!!
Stephameme's motto is 'Who cares if it fits or works properly, as long as it's pretty'!
But it’s not even pretty, just half done crap. I hope an overstuffed armoire crashes through the ceiling into the loo, destroys it and they have to start over again.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
On the CD episode “A Christmas Suprise…” at about 13:17, Amaury slips his chocolate into Natti’s skirt pocket. Hilarious!

ok maybe not hilaaaarrrious….but amusing.

aaaand edit 3….maybe it’s not a chocolate….I realize that wouldn’t be very nice to do…and kind of gooey….at any rate….he slipped something in there.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
Most Americans don't use the term toilet, we use bathroom or restroom,
The impact of the class system in Britain affects our "toilet" language! Although most Europeans would understand the word "toilet", in Britain, the upper classes thought, and many still do, that it was "non-U" and they prefer to use "lavatory" but hundreds of years ago, that was shortened to "lav" and "lavvy" by the "lower" classes. When Prince William became engaged to Catherine Middleton, the tabloids had a story about her mother asking where the "toilet" was at Buckingham Palace, and this being regarded as being very common as the royals would call it "lavatory". Many people now try to avoid euphemisms such as "powder room", "little boys'/little girls' room", etc. To be on the safe side in the UK, "loo" is probably the best bet as it's used and understood by many people, whichever class they may think they are!

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Who the hell sprays themselves with perfume every time they go to the loo. One application a day in the morning on your skin, not your clothes is more than enough. I remember this I read once. ‘You are not a dog to leave your sent everywhere you go,
I like how she said she "gave" the perfumes to be used there .... like you gave your own bathroom a gift? You're so sacrificial!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 28
Do they have computer knowledge to do the booking? Amaury and Natti are going on honeymoon in Argentina, is there any Covid in Argentina? Do you think the parents will want to live at their age in a freezing château?
I wouldn't buy into the shitoo unless I owned 51%, could overrule my crazy, lazy neice and ensure proper renovation & infrastructure improvements were made to the shittoo. At their age I'd want an asset that would grow in value after 18 years the shitoo hasn't increased at all in value because of SJ's silly, half-assed approach to running the place.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
I think he is the modern Bon Scott!
View attachment 950279
I have a serious question. Really.
Do men think that is a sexy look???? Their pants so tight that their Oscar Meyer is delineated??
I think most women find it disgusting.
Before I married my husband he would ride his bike like 35 miles to work at the hospital we both were employed by.... In those horrible tight bike shorts that he wore no underwear under...he would come sauntering in like he was God's gift but it was just the opposite. I don't know if he ever knew how many people were laughing or grossing out.
And I still married him🙄😲😒. But it absolutely had NOTHING to do with those bike shorts. He is now 71years old and still thinks he is a hot potatoe when he rides his bike in shorts like that. Ugh!

Do they have computer knowledge to do the booking? Amaury and Natti are going on honeymoon in Argentina, is there any Covid in Argentina? Do you think the parents will want to live at their age in a freezing château?
SJ mentioned that no bookings were opened yet from July on.
So it may LOOK like that dump is filled up with Patreons wanting to stay there when in reality the dump's bookings are just not open to book yet.

As you have now made several posts informing Tattle that Amaury and Nati are going on honeymoon next month, the following may be of assistance to you. Hope that helps - unless of course you are trying to draw attention to your repeated mis-use of the term?

View attachment 950330
Tongue in cheek usage?

• Haha
It only took 16 years to figure out how to buy a sink and a toilet and get them installed??? That makes zero sense.....My husband did that in a day for our bathroom, plus he replaced the floor, painted the walls, and refinished the bathtub)...and he's not a carpenter, just an engineer working on my "honey-do" list one weekend. She acts like he performed some type of miracle. Anywhooo....what the f*** was Dan doing there? Why is he not having dinner with his family?
She ordered a whole lot of loos and basins, etc., years ago without thinking where they would go and without taking any measurements,. They were then stacked somewhere, getting covered in dust and rubble, and when they needed to use some, they wouldn't fit in the spaces! Another example of her recklessness and over-spending!

She acts like he performed some type of miracle.
That was a miracle.. for Lalande, even though it's still unfinished!

• Haha
Thank you Green Fairy, I can't see a warning, , my missing posts , both the same, were about a certain discussion late last night regarding an offensive word.

If they were posted close together timewise, they might all be linked together in a single post. I thought a couple of my posts were missing from time to time, but found them later attached to another one of my posts.

Reactions: 6
Someone said that was Amaury with one of his brother's children and it may have been his sister-in-law in the photo. His brother's first marriage broke up.
This is from the same 2014 Christmas, Amaury's brother Jonathan and his then wife and their 2 boys who are younger than the boy in Amaury's photo. These kids are Hugo and Rafael, if I remember correctly. His ex wife's name is Alexandra (?)

what is even more interesting to me is you see Chantal's decorating style in this photo ... SJ takes after her for sure! Busts with hats and over the top tree, etc.
Jonathan 2014.jpg

• Wow
  • Sad
Julie is a hot mess. NO ONE in the US makes a Birthday cake for baby Jesus! (And I agree- it's eggnog, or just copious amounts of scotch/bourbon/gin after having spent a day dealing with one's relatives are more traditional- and for the non-alcohol crowd, it is hot cocoa with copious amounts of whipped cream. Very few Yanks drink cider- a few, but not many.) In the US- one leaves sugar cookies, cocoa (or milk) for Santa, and carrots and sugar cubes for the reindeer (ironically, Julie was raised in Illinois, but vey, she'd think she was raised on another planet. I'd forgive her for being a Bears fan- American football, but don't misquote Yank traditions!) SMH.
What are the cakes made in New Orleans that have little babies in them, I thought that they had something to do with baby Jesus ?

Reactions: 1
Who will join me in sending BJJ a Tshirt via cadeaux reading "Who needs hair with a body like this" it would so make an outfit with his his jeans and heels, what colour should be ordered ? (these do exist on Amazon) Steph would have to "love it" and admit "its purrr..fektt".
Pink with hideous fushia ribbon trim.

I wonder if Dan’s going to return the toilet duck to his kids, or if it will just sit there on the loo window sill forever? Either way, gross. 💩🤮🐤🚽💩
Next time we see it there will be cobwebs threaded onto it and the window behind will be even more rotted.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
No tiles in the loo but flagstones. That is the finished floor. And the flagstones are incredibly filthy with white paint all over them.

View attachment 950372
View attachment 950383
That’s an eight grand bathroom 🚽
Wallpaper ect
Add another 5 k for selmar and Ian (plastering) and armoire

So a 13 k unfinished bathroom 🚽 and the windows hasn’t been upgraded yet

New bathroom builds for that size including all appliances come in around 5 k with labour - fully tiled

But hey 👋 she didn’t earn the money
It was given to her

And it’s still not done ✅
Outside hall is still a damp mess right beside 4 k wallpaper 🤬

• Heart
  • Sick
Reactions: 27
She ordered a whole lot of loos and basins, etc., years ago without thinking where they would go and without taking any measurements,. They were then stacked somewhere, getting covered in dust and rubble, and when they needed to use some, they wouldn't fit in the spaces! Another example of her recklessness and over-spending!

That was a miracle.. for Lalande, even though it's still unfinished!
Based on their comments, some of her deluded patrons think it is a miracle! The fools also believe progress is being made. They must be blind, & stupid and sadly they will continue donating!

shirley urwin

Its a Christmas Miracle!!- the loo is finally finished!!

Tannis Slimmon
Two major projects have just taken giant leaps forward...you must all be SO happy and excited, as we are for you! What precious moments in the life of Lalande! ❤

Sue Gordon
Great progress happening at the chateau!!

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.