Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

thaliamay

Chatty Member
I am not comfortable with suggestions that Hollie is a narc or a bad mother. We have no proof of that at all.

The only thing we have hearsay about is that she was maybe a pushy mum. But so are lots of mums and it doesn’t make them “bad”. There is also a lot of evidence that she is a loving and attentive mother.

Making unproven accusations against her or the family seems unnecessary and unfair and I’m surprised people who are up in arms about a grieving, traumatised, delusional mother making unfounded accusations against the hospital, are not also upset by those doing that to Archie’s mother and wider family. Hollie is not in a rational state of mind right now, no online spectators have that excuse. There’s lots of talk about how “Archie’s Army” are vicious but it seems the other side are becoming just as bad.

At the end of the day, in their mind, they’re trying to save the life of their 12 year old child. Archie is not suffering, he no longer has the capacity to suffer. There is no evidence that his continued treatment is actually preventing anyone else getting treatment. The vitriol the family are getting is out of proportion to their actions.

Scrutiny of their dishonest or incorrect claims is necessary, and people are entitled to voice their disagreement with the continuing life support. I just think this suffering family deserves more compassion than they’re getting.
Couldn't have put it better myself! 👏 Thank you for saying that. My heart breaks for Alfie and his family, yes including his mother. 💔

• Heart
Reactions: 3

grampositive

Chatty Member
I know that teeth sometimes don’t show up on conventional MRI’s … something to do with the mineral content? Could be something like that? 🤷‍♀️
So I thought this too after quickly searching online (I think we were looking at the same google hit 😂 ), but if you read the article in more detail, it talks about visualising the detail in teeth with MRI.

So I think teeth in general do show up, but MRI can't really be used clinically in dentistry and instead x-ray is used to visualise cavities etc. But maybe because of this they're not easy to see so a layperson could easily miscount?

unimpeded

in fact in the US the 3rd leading cause of death is medical error
Is it?

Boring Monday

VIP Member
So I thought this too after quickly searching online (I think we were looking at the same google hit 😂 ), but if you read the article in more detail, it talks about visualising the detail in teeth with MRI.

So I think teeth in general do show up, but MRI can't really be used clinically in dentistry and instead x-ray is used to visualise cavities etc.
I’ve been fibbed to 😱:D

• Haha

Apple In My Pie

VIP Member
Ah that must be why the group won’t let me in as I am also a follower of the Dignity for All page. Silly really as surely I could be going in there to defend Archie against the nasty trolls and report back to the army?

GalaxyGirl70

VIP Member
It's very waffly and I'm struggling to understand what exactly they're trying to debate tbh.....................

Cack Conroe

Chatty Member
@grampositive With regards to just counting teeth, it would show, even if just as black marks on the image. But it depends on whether his mouth area was imaged at all.

I imagine it was, or the mum wouldn’t have bothered mentioning teeth.

Merpedy

VIP Member
Is she smarter then she is letting on? She admitted in court she knows he’s going to die. That’s what she’s fighting for now - how. But she doesn’t say this to her chocolate cake fixing army because she knows go to get them chomping at the bit for attention
I went back to see what has been reported on their stance and it’s apparent to me now that she still believes that there is a small chance he could get better:

Granted she does make it seem on the army page like she thinks there is a high chance of him just waking up?

The only thing I’m still struggling to make sense of is her anger at the DNAR order as under their plan that would be in place anyway, I doubt a law professor would have been confused with what’s being presented in court 🤷🏼‍♀️ There could be some confusion between her and her barristers, but I think DFA mentioned that she seemed to have a new barrister so I’m really not sure what’s going on there as I don’t think her barristers would be allowed to present a plan by the family without Hollie/the family actually agreeing with it. It could also be that she genuinely just feels that it was a compromise to the Trust to get the judge decide in her favour, in which case DFA’s comment about the trust “making her” (I think that was the wording used) put an DNAR order in place would make sense

I do feel like there’s a strong possibility, especially given the other post she has made, that she hasn’t understood how best interest cases are actually decided. Maybe it hasn’t been explained to her or it’s more likely that she’s hanging on to any hope she can get. Some others here have already said how a lot of the army are basically exploiting her emotions around this with their comments that there’s some sort of future where he wakes up and everything is fine

Someone above did say that by attempting and failing resuscitation the death may genuinely just feel more “natural” to the family which makes sense too, sort of goes in hand with what the long comment above also says

Leascarle

VIP Member
But this is quite confusing. That’s a “pass” on BST. If there were a response then you’d question if his brain stem were intact and therefore “alive”, but no response signifies that it likely isn’t therefore that’s the go ahead to continue with the rest of the test.
see this is the bit I don’t understand

Boring Monday

VIP Member
My husband is a doctor. He hates it - mainly for this reason. He says the majority of his patients now have a completely fixed agenda when they come in and won't be moved on it. They aren't interested in his medical opinion, they want the drug they've read about online, or some treatment that's still in the experimental stages. The newest one is demanding the HRT that renowned medical expert Davina McCall says they should be entitled to.

I remember Facebook huns were saying the same about Alfie Evans. I think in his case, his brain was actually liquefying, yet they were still thinking he could make some miraculous recovery. 🤷🏼‍♀️

Maybe it's time these cases were anonymised, to spare everyone from the media circus. The photo of Archie with the MP and his mum grinning is just unbelievable.
I think they start out anonymous … its just that the anonymity is waived.

MrsJones83

VIP Member
this part of the judgment

“21.A factor that could militate in favour of it being in [Archie’s] best interests to receive further mechanical ventilation is the family’s belief that life continues for as long as the heart beats. Whether that was [Archie’s] belief is uncertain and if it was, whether his belief was faith based is also uncertain. Even taking that view into consideration, it is likely that the price to be paid for continued ventilation would be further necrosis of the brain and spinal cord with, perhaps, damage to other tissues and bodily functions. In these circumstances, the Guardian does not consider that it is in the best interests of [Archie] to receive further mechanical ventilation.”

so are the family saying because his heart is beating (even though it’s the machines doing it) he’s alive? Even though his body can’t do it for itself?