Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

kittenattack

VIP Member
Also, resuscitation is brutal. Surely his body would not withstand it?

Oh well, that would be another way for them to claim the hospital killed him.

Re. Hidden cameras - I read a few years ago that in the US hospitals can place cameras in rooms when they suspect a patient/their family is er, tampering or similar to worsen their condition (I read a munchie thread on another forum). Not that I'm suggesting the family are doing anything in Archie's case, but it would be back up for the poor hospital staff in case they're accused of stuff. But I'm not sure if cameras are around in hospitals like that in the UK?
Legally, there'd need to be a notice informing of their presence. That's for the UK anyway.

Reactions: 4

Weeder

Chatty Member
I'd been going on the assumption lately that his heart would stop in the middle of all these court proceedings and his mother would have to deal with the fact she wasn't there, but it would be for the best. I don't know why I didn't register that's not going to happen because it seems there is no DNR agreement.

WeepingCassandra

VIP Member
View attachment 1408554

Grabbed this from DFA comments. What’s the difference between life-sustaining treatment and intensive care?
One of the ICU nurses may answer this better but my understanding is that life sustaining treatment is something that is continuing to keep his body 'working' (as much as it can be without a brain stem) whereas intensive care is actively trying to bring him back to life.

Renegade121

Maybe some one with a medical background can explain this to me.
In my mind it's only a matter of time before Archie gets sepesis due to the necrosis of the brain tissue.. Would that be the case?

iieee

VIP Member
Dr Shewmon has been involved in pretty much every high profile brain death case. He doesn't believe in brain death.

• Sad

WeepingCassandra

VIP Member
Exactly a peri-arrest. Id have fucking pulled that buzzer too ..like MY life depended upon it. :oops::oops::p
Absolutely. I work in the NHS clinically but I’m not a nurse and my emergency situation management is… not good… so all the help I can get!

nini01

When are they going? Would you plan a trip with all this going on and not knowing the outcome? I can imagine she’s posted that just to cause an uproar (knowing people will question the funds). What’s the saying, any publicity is good publicity?
That’s what I said it to bait D4L

• Sad

Purrrrrrr

VIP Member
Why is this relevant at all to Archie’s case? There’s been no suspicion of medical negligence in the judges opinions
Maybe you could follow the conversation and you would see why I said it.

You've just linked 3 articles which are referring to the study debunked in the article the poster above you linked. Repeating rubbish doesn't make it more true, I'm sorry. Medical mistakes happen but to say they are fatal more often than car crashes is just mad. Archie isnt in hospital because of a medical mistake.

My sister was in hospital three different wards and the errors were off the scale, it was so bad she did a DNR form just so she never had to go into hospital again.. I doubt very much my sister was just unlucky. in fact I know she wasnt as I moved into the hospital to be her carer and I see so many mistakes. . Mistakes happen every single day and hospitals and other medical places are no exception.

• Heart

nini01

The barmy Army have already had a go at the Guardian. For having the audacity to go on holiday and not cancel it. Also for “never being there but Archie’s mom always is” Except when she’s on tv or doing magazine and newspaper interviews. And of course she should be there, she’s his mother. The Guardian is not.

Is the court public today?
No it’s a closed court

Cack Conroe

Chatty Member
A hospital will always be the ones to take court action in these type of cases because of the disagreement between the parties. They need a court order to stop treatment due to parental responsibility.
I know. Some people are speaking as if the parents have taken the hospital trust to court.

Merpedy

VIP Member
Sorry to be back with the continued DNAR confusion discussion but:
The parent's plan entails DNAR and limitation of treatment orders, yet continuing mechanical ventilation and nutrition /hydration. Such a plan, the Trust explains, results in a death that is more unpredictable, meaning that neither the staff nor family could be ready. The Guardian supports the Trust's position.
https://medicalfutility.blogspot.com/2022/07/archie-battersbee-court-hearing-to.html

So why is she upset with the DNAR order placed today? DFA are saying that Hollie was making it out that the hospital was forcing her to put one in place but the guy who wrote it but the article is written by a law professor and I doubt that he has somehow misunderstood what the family's wishes were

Gossngiggles

VIP Member
GFM is so open to abuse and the crazy thing is it’s completely above board .
Yeah it is. I did some fundraising recently via just giving and because it was for a known charity the money went directly to them so I couldn’t touch it(not that I wouldn’t have done of course!) I presume you can do similar on go fund me but when it’s fundraisers like this one people really can say the money for for one and do whatever they want with it.

monga

VIP Member
I became aware of this case after the This Morning interview, my very initial thought watching that was, why would any mother be on national television whilst her son was lying dead/dying in hospital. She had absolutely no need to physically be there, they had Ella representing them, she could've written a short statement for her to read and just explained she wanted to spend her time with her son.
She actually sat in hair and makeup whilst her child was lying in hospital apparently being 'treated badly' by hospital staff. It doesn't add up. She clearly has a past and obviously wants fame of some sort.

I've seen she's stated the 2 go fund me accounts havent been touched but they will be used to give Archie the best send off ever and then anything left will be used to help them rebuild their lives. It's absolutely disgusting and wrong.
I thought they were for his legal bills and medical care if he’s to be moved

Attachments

ohannie

VIP Member
They accepted me into the group within minutes of clicking request to join 😂 There are over 16,000 members - I assumed they weren't picky since the more donations the better (for them).

MrsJones83

VIP Member
This is the guy who has a very clear bias against brain stem death?

I was just thinking that one of the way these independent things could be bypassed is by selecting doctors that hold the same opinions as you or likely to come to the same conclusion. But then that’s probably not very independent, especially if they are benefitting from it somehow. It would probably be a lot easier to have some sort of criteria on who can act as independent doctor but some people will never be satisfied anyway
Yes sounds like they basically just found someone who agreed with their view.

ohannie

VIP Member
She still seems to be playing along with the "challenge gone wrong" story... lots of comments reference it every day, people suggesting they sue TikTok next.

MidnightAura

VIP Member
I don't believe that she doesn't want the absolute best for her boy and that she loves him dearly, but she's being enabled by these people telling her that a chocolate cake lip balm might wake him up, or all these people that don't understand that the poor boy has died.

These enablers are dangerous. Time for them to stop and for the poor boy to be left to pass with respect and the dignity that he has left.
She is. But she’s also feeding them a totally different story to say the court documents. Some of the group admit they haven’t read the court documents. If you mention facts from the document you will be called a troll and banned.
Hollie to my knowledge has never ever said on the group that she accepts he will die. Or has died. And while I can understand that’s a huge thing for her to accept. I can’t understand why she tells the group things like he’s drooling, he’s giving the nurse a hard time, he’s crying, he can regulate His temperature not to mention the posts about how he was being starved and neglected by the staff. I loathe to say it but I think she likes the attention from them.