Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

MrsJones83

VIP Member
A lot of children have open access to devices with no restrictions. My sons 8 and a few months back his primary school had to get a councillor in because children were terrified after seeing a video on TikTok of a man de-aliving. It was widespread too, literally year 1 students - year 6. TikTok we’re removing the videos but people kept putting them up or making vague TikTok’s about it to make the kids look for it. It’s really not hard for them to come across when they have open access to everything. 😞
My son moans at me constantly about the restrictions on his tablet and begs for TikTok and Snapchat (he’s 8! But “all his friends have it” but I won’t allow it. They’re children they don’t need to see this stuff. Honestly I just think some parents don’t give a shit sadly and just want an easy life. “Here’s the tablet, off you go” kind of thing.
that’s horrific! Hope your son is ok

Reactions: 1

Felix08

Chatty Member
That isn't the challenge. No idea if this is what he did or was indeed trying to kill himself but kids do stupid things

I do feel like the stories of challenges happen every few years. I remember when I was little that you would hear stories about it sometimes but never really any prove it did happen.

Leascarle

VIP Member
So if there is a 7 step test and he didn’t pass the first one does that not mean there may have been a chance

*apologies for my ignorance

Cack Conroe

Chatty Member
I don't believe Archie had any further cardiac arrests, the solicitor who mentioned that also called Archie "Charlie" and deliberately made it clear she didn't know much about the medical details.

Purrrrrrr

VIP Member
Is it?

Yes it is

There is a thread on tattle where people tell of their own experience a tiny sample of the population but almost everyone seems to have a horror story including myself. The medical profession can and do close ranks and its very hard to win a case or in fact get a case started.

Last edited:

Cack Conroe

Chatty Member
What woeful parenting, insisting on pressing forward over legal semantics when she knows he's dead. Awful!!
It’s not just “legal semantics”, a lot went wrong.

Obviously the parents are pressing ahead because they can’t bear to turn off life support.

This is just the legal reason they are allowed to appeal.

Cack Conroe

Chatty Member
Respecting the dignity of a patient is NOT a personal ethical belief. It is woven into the syllabus of all nursing and medical degrees. If you disagree with that, take it up with the NMC and GMC, but in the meantime, what you think of it is neither here nor there.
Dignity is a matter of opinion, it is not legally defined.