The Archie Battersbee case #17

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
From that ITV article

"The two mothers say many parents are unaware of what their children are viewing online and have teamed up to try and raise awareness about the issue".

Isn't this the issue? That Hollie had no interest in what Archie was viewing online. Easier to let him do whatever and not involve herself in his life, but make him involved in hers? I cannot believe that any parent wouldn't check up on what their child was viewing or posting.

I've no kids of my own yet, but I know that's the thing to do.

Reactions: 11
From that ITV article

"The two mothers say many parents are unaware of what their children are viewing online and have teamed up to try and raise awareness about the issue".

Isn't this the issue? That Hollie had no interest in what Archie was viewing online. Easier to let him do whatever and not involve herself in his life, but make him involved in hers? I cannot believe that any parent wouldn't check up on what their child was viewing or posting.

I've no kids of my own yet, but I know that's the thing to do.
I don't understand such a lack of supervision either. I must admit I'm not the strictest, but my kids phones are linked to family link which shows me anything they download, they can't download anything outside of playstore, and we know who they talk to on WhatsApp. We also have a parents group for our school where other parents will post if their kids have been up to anything they shouldnt/having concerning conversations so that everyone can double check on their kids phones.

Mine aren't allowed tictok on their phones at all, one of mine (who is now the age archie was) asks to go on it and I let him go on my account on my phone with me so I can see what he's doing.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
There's massive awareness about the issue...It's just that Hollie wasn't bothered about it and was more interested in herself rather than her son's wellbeing.

TikTok keeps a history of every single video you've watched - even adverts - and what you've searched for - in the past 180 days.

That there's been absolutely no proof from her of this challenge means something in her story doesn't add up - either she had no access to her son's social media at all (which is HER mistake) or there was no 'choking challenge' in the first place (because he was legitimately depressed/suicidal).

Reactions: 11
Anyone think Archie's headstone will be similar to this?
5682196-1e7a8b60661fa377caf0ce33234e4218.jpg

Or have I just given Hollie an idea?

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 9
I'm thinking more along the lines of this offering from Sheffield. You can just see the top of the jukebox (yes, really) behind the 'King' bench.

Screenshot_20240205_101317_Chrome.jpg

• Wow
  • Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 17
Imagine how other people feel who want to spend quiet time at the graveside of a loved one, and hear a jukebox playing. 😡
I'm sorry but structures like the above should not be allowed in graveyards, imo.

Think it’s a gypsy traveller family lmao
He was a self-styled King of Sheffield, but when he passed away people in Sheffield had no clue who he was.

Also known in Sheffield for defrauding pensioners and was only released from prison not long before he died.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 21
A good friend of Hollie’s, an influence in Archie’s life too. Having known him, the poor lad really didn’t stand a chance being born into his mother’s life….. He had a kind nature at times, shame Hollie never nurtured this. She allowed him to turn into a wanna be roadman subjected to things way beyond his age and maturity. It’s mothers like her that make me feel for all women who can’t have children for whatever personal reason it may be. Hollie doesn’t derserve to be a mother. Children are a by-product of their parents….

Attachments

• Sick
Reactions: 9
When Hollie said headstone I think she meant something else. This thing is going to be huge.
1707934668277.png

1707934747332.png

• Wow
  • Sick
She has paid extra so she can have kerbing along the length of the grave - not a cheap lawn grave. These are found along the edges of the cemetery. Some of the gravestones are larger and taller than the restrictions on the lawn graves. This is a link to some of the other graves with kerbing to give an idea how it might look when finished - although I can't see her having anything tasteful - https://www.google.com/maps/@51.560...Kbix99gG_o4RsHWw!2e0!7i16384!8i8192?entry=ttu

If you scroll around you can see the normal lawn graves where nothing is allowed along the length and all the gravestones are restricted in height.

Reactions: 5
She has paid extra so she can have kerbing along the length of the grave - not a cheap lawn grave. These are found along the edges of the cemetery. Some of the gravestones are larger and taller than the restrictions on the lawn graves. This is a link to some of the other graves with kerbing to give an idea how it might look when finished - although I can't see her having anything tasteful - https://www.google.com/maps/@51.560...Kbix99gG_o4RsHWw!2e0!7i16384!8i8192?entry=ttu

If you scroll around you can see the normal lawn graves where nothing is allowed along the length and all the gravestones are restricted in height.
I think kerbing is usually rather nice but I can imagine it’s going to be filled with glittery purple gravel or some such shite.

Reactions: 8
I think kerbing is usually rather nice but I can imagine it’s going to be filled with glittery purple gravel or some such shite.
She had all that JustGiving cash so I can't see anything tasteful - she will blow a huge chunk on a Poundland Tat shrine for her Archie Army grief tourist to go on pilgrimage and leave offerings for social media validation.

Reactions: 4