The Archie Battersbee case #17

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Last thread is here

Previously in the Hollie Dance drama...

On 10th October 2022 the A176 Upper Mayne in Basildon was closed in both directions for around 12 hours on Monday from 11.40pm.

It was reported a car left the road and collided with a tree following an interaction with another car.

After crashing into a tree, the driver of the second vehicle reportedly drove at the car that had crashed. As a result, a man was taken to hospital. Essex Police believed the incident started in the Westcliff area with all the vehicles involved having been driven from there initially.

Shortly after the incident, a woman was arrested on suspicion of GBH with intent while two men were arrested on suspicion of GBH with intent and criminal damage.

Back in November, one of the men, a 23-year-old was released under investigation.

A 47-year-old woman, and a 22-year-old man have since been re-bailed 8 times.

By sheer coincidence, it was noted that in the immediate aftermath, Hollie had not posted anything online anywhere since that accident. Her friends stated oine that Hollie had "lost" her phone on 10th.

Another story ran last 18 October which on paper had nothing to do with this family, however for some inexplicable reason family and friends decided to show up in the comments of Southend Echo's Facebook post, basically outing the arrested person as Hollie's thicko son, Tom Summers.

Allegedly, Tom was arrested on 21 Oct 2022 on suspicion of possession of offensive weapons after search of house on Archer Avenue which also discovered cannabis. It's alleged that the father of Tom and Lauren lives on Archer Avenue.

The individuals involved in 'Crashgate' are currently bailed again until 9th December.

Hollie has also removed all the tat from Archie's "forever bed" in preparation for his headstone. Fully expecting it to be completely inappropriate and most likely Archie aged about 6 with angel wings.

Reactions: 11
It's be completely tasteless, no doubt. Will suit rubbish like her.

Reactions: 2
The army are unhinged. This makes me uncomfortable. Although my favourite image was when she photoshopped a picture of his face in hospital onto a Times Square billboard…..
Christ, that's almost as bad as Archie as a pumpkin with hollowed out eyes.

Reactions: 1
Anyone following poor Indi Gregory case, is It the same Christian Group that defended Hollie?
Poor baby..

Reactions: 4
Anyone following poor Indi Gregory case, is It the same Christian Group that defended Hollie?
Poor baby..
Saw an article today with a baptism certificate/card and immediately thought that Christian Group had got their sticky paws on them.

Reactions: 5
Critically-ill Indi Gregory's life support is withdrawn and she is moved from hospital to a hospice… # via https://android.com

This baby has mitochondrial disease her cells literally don't produce enough ATP (energy from sugar and oxygen) to keep her basic functions working. Her cells don't work on the most fundamental level. It's heartbreaking but there's no cure there's not even treatment to help. Mitochondria are the energy source in every living thing including plants.
---
It's actually cruel to push treatment oh my god. Christian concern are monsters.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
It's actually cruel to push treatment oh my god. Christian concern are monsters.
They’re bleeping mental and have already been called out by High Court professionals for exploiting these sorts of cases and for CLC providing inaccurate legal advice

Reactions: 8
Poor baby..
Yes they live in the same town as me and yes it's the same group. Life support has been withdrawn now she's been transferred to a hospice. Parents still grifting for money for "future care". Awful vile people.

Reactions: 6
People don't go to a hospice to "fight hard". I hope someone has tried to explain this to her delusional parents.

Reactions: 16
Just seen the announcement that Indi Gregory had died.

Sad as I am for these families for the awful hand they’ve been dealt, their anger is always so misplaced. The poor baby didn’t have a chance.

And how come they want every heroic medical intervention under the sun, until the point the NHS say there’s nothing that can be done, when they start shouting for either that crackpot Italian hospital or to be allowed to die at home? The script is always the same.

Reactions: 26
Indi was given every chance by the NHS and the medical experts could give her.

Sadly none of that care and knowledge was enough to keep her alive, nor would it ever have been. I have not checked, but I would think that no one has survived having that condition.

Except in the eyes of the family lawyers and the "armies" that all said she would recover gave empty hope to her parents.

As in the (totally unrelated) case of Atchie, what will happen to the money grafted for Indi's onward care? I hope it will be donated to research into this health problem, but think it may well be donated to someone's personal pockets.

Me? A cynic? Never!

Reactions: 17
I hate to say it, but why are the families that oppose the medical experts nearly always from chavvy, uneducated families! It’s like they’re too thick to really listen to what they’re being told or maybe they’re more of a target from these whacko pro life groups!

Reactions: 28
I hate to say it, but why are the families that oppose the medical experts nearly always from chavvy, uneducated families! It’s like they’re too thick to really listen to what they’re being told or maybe they’re more of a target from these whacko pro life groups!
It’s no coincidence for sure.

On the one hand, they’re too thick to understand what they’re being told. On the other hand, they are very very against any form of authority, and in the end, it’s never about what’s best for their dying child, it’s about trying to get one over on the evil doctors who are trying to “kill” their child. Hence the sudden demands to have their child pass away at home when it would be very detrimental to the child to try to transport them home 🤷‍♀️

They’re the same people who believe that social services take away kids for no reason (definitely not because they’re neglectful), the police arrest their friends and family for no reason (definitely not because they’re breaking the law). They’ll be anti-vaxxers, anti-teachers… basically anti anyone or anything who doesn’t let them do whatever they want all the time.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 37
It’s no coincidence for sure.

On the one hand, they’re too thick to understand what they’re being told. On the other hand, they are very very against any form of authority, and in the end, it’s never about what’s best for their dying child, it’s about trying to get one over on the evil doctors who are trying to “kill” their child. Hence the sudden demands to have their child pass away at home when it would be very detrimental to the child to try to transport them home 🤷‍♀️

They’re the same people who believe that social services take away kids for no reason (definitely not because they’re neglectful), the police arrest their friends and family for no reason (definitely not because they’re breaking the law). They’ll be anti-vaxxers, anti-teachers… basically anti anyone or anything who doesn’t let them do whatever they want all the time.
It’s the same reason they fall for conspiracy theories. Let’s not forget we Hollie was a proper anti 4G conspiracy theorist. Thickos love them because it makes them feel special and important. That they are actually not one of the “sheep”. That they have some power. Probably extends to the hospital fighting. It’s probably easier to think you are fighting some big unknown force than just accepting your child is going to die and there is absolutely nothing you can do.

Reactions: 11
It’s the ‘doctors shouldn’t play God’ comments that get me. The doctors were already ‘playing God’ by keeping the children alive with machines and their clinical expertise.

Leaving it to God these children would have died many weeks or months earlier.

• Heart
Reactions: 45
It’s the same reason they fall for conspiracy theories. Let’s not forget we Hollie was a proper anti 4G conspiracy theorist. Thickos love them because it makes them feel special and important. That they are actually not one of the “sheep”. That they have some power. Probably extends to the hospital fighting. It’s probably easier to think you are fighting some big unknown force than just accepting your child is going to die and there is absolutely nothing you can do.
Yes! Exactly! Conspiracy theories make them feel special, important, and intelligent. Feelings of power are important to them too, especially as they’re more likely to live quite difficult, chaotic lives (admittedly as a result of their own choices and lack of education).

One other thing that gets me is - they really hate The Man, except when it comes to accepting state benefits.

It’s the ‘doctors shouldn’t play God’ comments that get me. The doctors were already ‘playing God’ by keeping the children alive with machines and their clinical expertise.
I hate that line. God gave your baby a fatal mitochondrial disease, remember?

If you don’t want doctors to play God then you should have refused life support in the first place. But of course they don’t have the brains or logic to figure that one out.

Reactions: 20
I find it utterly heartbreaking that when the decision to turn life support off is finally granted, they still fight to take their poor child home, knowing that the medical experts have told them that it could possibly cause them to feel uncomfortable and in pain etc! Whilst I can not imagine being in this heartbreaking scenario, I would like to think I would be able to put the needs of my child first and do what is recommended by the experts!

Reactions: 15