The Archie Battersbee case #17

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Not to mention the amount of times she would say he had a "girlfriend" or liked a girl when he was a young child. In one of the posts he was only 2 years old. She wanted him to be the person she wanted him to be, not an individual as children are. Also, he had Gymnastics twice a week and MMA 3 times a week and on top of that he had 6 hours of school Monday to Friday , it looks like he never really got a proper rest from all the clubs she put him in.
I don’t think school featured very much in his life to be fair. I think they are fairly well known/notorious as a family.

• Sad
Reactions: 12
Who sits at a graveside shoving mince pies in their gob like it's some sort of party, but windy for a gazebo this time though.

Not sure which cemetery Archie is buried but I'm sure most have opening hours and they shut the gates so she shouldn't be there at that time, that said she's flouting rules with the tat on the grave.

Reactions: 10
Who sits at a graveside shoving mince pies in their gob like it's some sort of party, but windy for a gazebo this time though.

Not sure which cemetery Archie is buried but I'm sure most have opening hours and they shut the gates so she shouldn't be there at that time, that said she's flouting rules with the tat on the grave.
Sutton Road Cemetery - closes 4.30 so she is finding a way in. Her Poundland tat mountain in encroaching on the neighbouring plots but why should she care? It's not allowed but they appear to turn a blind eye when children are involved - at least for an appropriate length of time.

Why should she obey any rule when she will just ignore it and break it. Object and she will become the crybully and play the grieving mother victim card.

Reactions: 16
There must have been a skip full of tat used on that grave in the past year. Will we have a Valentine themed tat explosion and then an Easter themed tat mountain next year? Poundland are missing a trick by not publishing a calendar showing the grave every month with the various themed piles of their finest Poundland tat.

Is the psychotic rabbit still lurking at the grave?

Reactions: 8
There must have been a skip full of tat used on that grave in the past year. Will we have a Valentine themed tat explosion and then an Easter themed tat mountain next year? Poundland are missing a trick by not publishing a calendar showing the grave every month with the various themed piles of their finest Poundland tat.

Is the psychotic rabbit still lurking at the grave?
I remember that number plate they had on the grave with Archie’s name on it, so hideously tacky.

Reactions: 4
I remember that number plate they had on the grave with Archie’s name on it, so hideously tacky.
At some stage the cemetery authorities will say enough is enough and give her 28 days to remove her Poundland theme park so they can maintain the plot. This will light the touchpaper - we know what will happen. I forsee a human chain around the grave to protect the Archie shrine from the callous cemetery staff. She had no respect for a hospital and its staff and visitors and she will have no respect for a cemetery and its visitors or those buried therein.

There are 2 types of burial plot at Sutton Road -

A lawn grave where the memorials are restricted to around the headstone plinth only - the grass is kept clear for mowing.

A 'traditional' grave - this is where you can have kerbing along the entire length of the grave - these are restricted to certain areas such as the very edges of the cemetery or spare family plots in older parts of the cemetery.

I'm not sure if Holly has forked out for a lawn grave or a traditional plot - if all the other graves along the line are clear of tat then its probably a lawn grave.

Helpfully the cemetery provides this guidance - which Hollie completely ignores. The cemetery staff are a bit more relaxed when it comes to childrens graves though - although Hollie is just taking the piss:-

Am I allowed to place what I like on the grave?
Unfortunately, no. The Cemetery has certain regulations which prohibit this from happening. Please find listed below examples of items that are not permitted:

• planting of any trees, shrubs or garden areas
  • any glass, plastic or porcelain containers, grave furniture including any type of fencing / lighting, toys or wind chimes that can impede cemetery maintenance and or if broken, cause injury to staff or visitors
  • placing any item on the grass area of a lawn grave
  • placing of any unauthorised grave surrounds
---
This picture shows the different types of graves - on the left the 'traditional' grave and on the right the 'lawn' grave.

---
The cemetery is a bit more lenient when it comes to children's graves though. Below is a link to some of the newer children's graves - eventually the parents are asked to remove everything so they can be turned into lawn graves.

This is an older row of childrens graves. This is how they will look after everything is removed - most of the parents have removed everything with just a few refusing:-

Just to confuse matters there is a dedicated children's grave section where memorial are just left and never removed. So if you are buried in a tradition plot you can have kerbing for the entire length of the grave. A lawn grave nothing except by the headstone. Children's plot you can have whatever you like there and it won't be removed.

And this is the sort of publicity they can expect when Mount Poundland is given its marching orders - https://www.echo-news.co.uk/news/18876661.grieving-families-told-move-memorials-baby-graves/

Last edited:
Reactions: 11
Can you imagine the headstone she says she has ordered? She had £50,000 donated for Archie's ongoing care, which never occured.

Imagine what size headstone she can buy with that £50,000. But then, maybe that money has been spent by now. Replacement cars don't grow on trees

Reactions: 7
Can you imagine the headstone she says she has ordered? She had £50,000 donated for Archie's ongoing care, which never occured.

Imagine what size headstone she can buy with that £50,000. But then, maybe that money has been spent by now. Replacement cars don't grow on trees
I somehow doubt she will take any notice of the height restrictions...

What kind of memorial can I have?
Having satisfied the criteria above, the following types of memorials may be placed in the following sections of the cemetery:

Lawn sections
Headstone, plaque, vase or book, may be placed at the head of the grave only. Maximum height from ground level 750mm (2 and a half foot) Please note: No kerb set or corner posts are allowed in this section.

Traditional sections
Headstone, plaque, kerb set, tablet and vase. Maximum height above ground level 750mm (2 and a half feet)

Reactions: 4

Alfie in a MMA stance with angel wings, life size

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 9
Looks like the grave to the left of Archie's has had the Home Bargains treatment too. Wonder if there's a cemetery one-upmanship going on, like those streets where the homeowners are constantly trying to outdo eachother with their Xmas lights.

• Haha
Reactions: 10