The Archie Battersbee case #17

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Once again I’m just angry at her approach to the aftermath of this tragedy. Instead of holding her hands up to her failings and doing some good- ie raising awareness of child mental health and suicide, she continues to hide behind the “TikTok challenge gone wrong” “saint Arch” “poor me” rhetoric. If she’s that concerned about social media affecting children she could highlight the real issues with Archie, such as the weirdos who latch on to depressed kids/teens on SM encouraging them to harm themselves, or the need to monitor your young child’s usage/interactions since Archie’s online activity was clearly him crying out for help that he never received. Instead it’s just grifting and “me me me”. She’s pointed the finger at everyone from SM, to the paramedics to the doctors who tried to act in Archie’s best interests but never acknowledges what really happened or what led up to it. The media are wrong to include her in these various crusades as it detracts from whatever campaign she has inveigled herself in to.

Reactions: 15
You can imagine the uproar and outrage if she were to be challenged publicly though? Archie is her mealticket for life although it'll mean mainly scraps now as she seeks to tag along with other parents' campaigns. I hope she gets what she deserves when the court case finally reaches its verdict.

Reactions: 7
She’s still so deep in her conspiracy theories that the hospital killed him. She’s not capable of critical thinking.

Reactions: 8
She’s still so deep in her conspiracy theories that the hospital killed him. She’s not capable of critical thinking.
She's not capable of any form of thinking other than finding ways to dodge responsibility for her part in what happened.

Reactions: 10
You can imagine the uproar and outrage if she were to be challenged publicly though? Archie is her mealticket for life although it'll mean mainly scraps now as she seeks to tag along with other parents' campaigns. I hope she gets what she deserves when the court case finally reaches its verdict.
Yes, that's exactly it.

I do think though that the so-called interviewers who brought her onto tv programmes while poor Archie's body was attached to machines, (even though he was already dead), should have at the very least, put in some disclaimers, during or after her interviews.

I couldn't bear to watch them, because she disgusts me, but as far as I could gather, they let her perpetuate lies about the medical staff, and the hospital in general.

I caught a brief clip of her on the recent BBC programme with other parents, and again, I felt nothing but disgust, to see her included in any way.

I think it's completely inappropriate to give any amount of media time/attention to such an abhorrent individual and her toxic family members who all just about sum up what damage a dysfunctional family can cause. I also abhor how much money is spent on them leaving other families who deserve just as much help in the lurch because they aren't as loud but have to deal with far greater burdens completely unsupported.

As you can tell...she disgusts me too.

Once again I’m just angry at her approach to the aftermath of this tragedy. Instead of holding her hands up to her failings and doing some good- ie raising awareness of child mental health and suicide, she continues to hide behind the “TikTok challenge gone wrong” “saint Arch” “poor me” rhetoric. If she’s that concerned about social media affecting children she could highlight the real issues with Archie, such as the weirdos who latch on to depressed kids/teens on SM encouraging them to harm themselves, or the need to monitor your young child’s usage/interactions since Archie’s online activity was clearly him crying out for help that he never received. Instead it’s just grifting and “me me me”. She’s pointed the finger at everyone from SM, to the paramedics to the doctors who tried to act in Archie’s best interests but never acknowledges what really happened or what led up to it. The media are wrong to include her in these various crusades as it detracts from whatever campaign she has inveigled herself in to.
Not to mention the challenge theory has been debunked multiple times by the police. What annoys me is the post's she makes where she goes "I dont know what you saw that made you do what you did" like he copied something and didn't take his own life. I wish the coroner had gone all out with a suicide verdict because it might have stopped Hollie spreading her theories. Saying it was a "prank gone wrong" was a huge injustice to Archie after everything he dealt with.

Reactions: 14
Not to mention the challenge theory has been debunked multiple times by the police. What annoys me is the post's she makes where she goes "I dont know what you saw that made you do what you did" like he copied something and didn't take his own life. I wish the coroner had gone all out with a suicide verdict because it might have stopped Hollie spreading her theories. Saying it was a "prank gone wrong" was a huge injustice to Archie after everything he dealt with.
And any TikTok user could tell you there was no such thing as a “blackout challenge” and it certainly wasn’t trending

Reactions: 9
And any TikTok user could tell you there was no such thing as a “blackout challenge” and it certainly wasn’t trending
She didn't know or say anything about it until someone on facebook (I believe a middle aged woman who probably thought Momo was real and people put drugs in trick or treat sweets) suggested it could be that and Hollie ran with it.

Reactions: 12
Just seen the video of the mum on Good Morning Britain blaming social media for her sons death. Although I understand that children can come across harmful images and videos on the Internet, I do not think we should be blaming child suicides on that. A lot of children who end their own lives are struggling mentally, usually with an undiagnosed mental health condition and if it gets worse they end up taking their own lives. The mum mentioned she didn't really notice anything in her son, but some children hide it or dont know how to explain how they are feeling, you need to be aware as a parent, asking children how they really feel is important, some children prefer to write it down or send a message so give them that option. I have found a lot of children are actually turning to strangers on social media for support because they don't know what to do, Like Archie on TikTok and WhatsApp and Molly Russell on Twitter and Instagram. It seems to be a pattern of children killing themselves and parents blaming social media and honestly I am sick of it. Is this what we have come to? Ignoring children's struggles, child deaths and an obvious mental health crisis to just blame social media? Because if we have, that makes me sad and leaves children with no real justice or legacy 💔

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
Just seen the video of the mum on Good Morning Britain blaming social media for her sons death. Although I understand that children can come across harmful images and videos on the Internet, I do not think we should be blaming child suicides on that. A lot of children who end their own lives are struggling mentally, usually with an undiagnosed mental health condition and if it gets worse they end up taking their own lives. The mum mentioned she didn't really notice anything in her son, but some children hide it or dont know how to explain how they are feeling, you need to be aware as a parent, asking children how they really feel is important, some children prefer to write it down or send a message so give them that option. I have found a lot of children are actually turning to strangers on social media for support because they don't know what to do, Like Archie on TikTok and WhatsApp and Molly Russell on Twitter and Instagram. It seems to be a pattern of children killing themselves and parents blaming social media and honestly I am sick of it. Is this what we have come to? Ignoring children's struggles, child deaths and an obvious mental health crisis to just blame social media? Because if we have, that makes me sad and leaves children with no real justice or legacy 💔
Is this the mum who is trying to change the law to give her access to his social media?

I get it is desperately sad he killed himself, but maybe if parents monitored SM usage or phone usage in general then they wouldn't be in this mess. No doubt they let him have access under the age of 13 like Holly. I know everyone thinks these things happen to other people, but there really is no excuse. Parents today grew up with chat room, MSN, Facebook etc. We know how it works and the dangers.

Reactions: 11
I always think it's a red flag when parents say they didn't notice anything re their child's behaviour/mental health. Maybe that's because the parents have other priorities and no time or inclination to observe and pick up on anything out of the ordinary? Maybe there's no real communication and the child has no one to talk to other than random strangers on social media?

Reactions: 14
She’s currently on Good Morning Britain
The thing is some parents will shove their children in front of devices in their early years (1-5 years) then turn around when they are 13 and start saying it made them depressed and start blaming social media companies. The Primary School local to me has sent out a warning letter to parents 2 weeks ago telling them the children in the school (even the younger ones) are being violent in the playground and acting out scenes from Horror games and Fortnite, both of which are 12+ games. The Primary said "The games in question are rated 12+ so none of our children should be accessing these games at home, please make sure to monitor your child and follow age ratings where possible" I always thought it's common sense to monitor children, especially at primary age. They need to think, ok our kid is 7? Ok so is that game that is rated 12+ for them? No it isn't, find games that are for their age instead.

The thing is some parents will shove their children in front of devices in their early years (1-5 years) then turn around when they are 13 and start saying it made them depressed and start blaming social media companies. The Primary School local to me has sent out a warning letter to parents 2 weeks ago telling them the children in the school (even the younger ones) are being violent in the playground and acting out scenes from Horror games and Fortnite, both of which are 12+ games. The Primary said "The games in question are rated 12+ so none of our children should be accessing these games at home, please make sure to monitor your child and follow age ratings where possible" I always thought it's common sense to monitor children, especially at primary age. They need to think, ok our kid is 7? Ok so is that game that is rated 12+ for them? No it isn't, find games that are for their age instead.
crappy parents will blame anyone but themselves for how their kids turn out

Reactions: 12
crappy parents will blame anyone but themselves for how their kids turn out
Its especially bad when those types of parents clearly neglected and ignored their children but will blame others so they don't have to admit to their failures or lack of parenting skills.

Its especially bad when those types of parents clearly neglected and ignored their children but will blame others so they don't have to admit to their failures or lack of parenting skills.
There’s a group of absolutely godawlful school mums on my bus lately and it actually made me consider while I listen to them (and I will put my hard hat on here) that some kids are probably just a result of piss poor upbringing rather than having a neurodiversity?
I say this as a parent of a neurodiverse child so am well aware of stigma and judgement that exists, but I do think the above also goes on.

• Heart
Reactions: 22