The Anna Edit #5 Anna and the thermostat prison guard.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
A little off-topic, but does anyone think this wool shacket trend has any legs? I feel like everyone was wearing them last year, and I do think they're quite nice in a tomboyish way. But I'm trying to be better about listening to that inner voice that sees something and then wants it really badly--usually that means a trend has reached fever pitch and therefore will look dated in a year. Thoughts?
I was watching a lot of Seinfeld this weekend, an Elaine is wearing a shacket in several seasons (the series was filed from ‘89 - ‘99, I think). My mom wore one in the late ‘70’s. I think it’s a semi- classic that comes around every decade, so if you pick a good, high quality one, I think this is a clothing item that can have longevity!

Honestly, I wonder how much of it is people who don’t have others in their life to turn to for this advice.

If I want fashion advice, I ask my closest friends because they understand my style and my insecurities and know how to help me navigate an event or outfit I want. Things like period advice? I have my mom and amazing aunts and friends, who are all extremely comfortable talking about periods and the like. Relationships? I have so many gorgeously healthy relationships in life that I’m surrounded by that asking Anna or Lily would never be my go to. But I also realize how luck I am to have the support system I have;

I have to wonder if their job isn’t just taking advantage of people who don’t necessarily have those dynamics in their own lives, because who else would actually trust them for any kind of advice?
Well, yes. Their job is completely centered around taking advantage of people. Trying to insidiously pressure them to buy product, and now mining them for content - a relatively new development but still manipulative.

Last edited:
Reactions: 8
This reminds me of once when I complained that my parents house was too cold when I was home from uni, my dad gave me a balaclava and gloves to wear lol - I wore it to prove a point. My dad is quite tight with the heating (still is) but he’s not a millionaire!

• Haha
Reactions: 18
we don't use the heating at all in our apartment, but we live in southern california so we don't really *need* it the way they do to prevent pipes freezing and stuff. we can get away with extra blankets on the bed at night because our heaters are these scary old wall units that have smelled like fire the two times i've ever tried turning them on

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 7
So not only are you buying a planner over a week into the year already, you won’t actually receive it until we’re almost a month into 2021. So essentially almost 10% of it is completely wasted????

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 29
£55 notebook set. Honey, no. I’ll be using the money to keep my heating on.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 51
Every successful manager I've ever had has used a standard notepad to do their work. No frills, no tick boxes, no daily timeline planner, no habit tracker, costs probably no less than £2. I just don't understand why the need to have a planner to organise every detail of your life, especially as so many of those parts are easier online. It seems to be doing extra work for the sake of feeling productive.

• Heart
Reactions: 33
In early December, I went back to work after several months off due to Covid. The place was freezing as it had been closed up and unheated all year. When I switched the heating on, nothing happened, so I called in a favour from a heating engineer friend. He had it up and running in minutes, but I mentioned that we'd had problems with the level of heat from the system in the past couple of years, and asked if he could see why? So he unscrewed a panel to look at the thermostat and showed me how it had been set to the lowest possible temperature setting. My boss had obviously turned the dial down a couple of years ago, then denied all knowledge and refused to have it looked at when my colleague and I mentioned it to him.
Anyway, yeah, sorry for the long post but I've thought of him as "Mark" ever since!
(Oh, and the heating has been much more effective since that day, but I wouldn't know anything about that 😇 )

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 30
Every successful manager I've ever had has used a standard notepad to do their work. No frills, no tick boxes, no daily timeline planner, no habit tracker, costs probably no less than £2. I just don't understand why the need to have a planner to organise every detail of your life, especially as so many of those parts are easier online. It seems to be doing extra work for the sake of feeling productive.
Absolutely this! All the time spent to make your notes and your to-do list aesthetically pleasing could be better spent actually doing the work.

I find a to-do list motivational and it helps me to organise my brain and manage my energy but it’s just scribbled on a Pukka Pad and would probably be illegible to everyone else.

Reactions: 19
Anna, babes, this collab ain’t it. Paying for an expensive journal, shipping, customs, delays already and it’s not even on sale yet! Greedy of you to push and make this happen when there are a lot of warning signs to me as a customer this is a flop.

Any keen organised person (your target market) usually gets a diary for Xmas ready to set up over Xmas break for the new year!

Reactions: 38
Absolutely this! All the time spent to make your notes and your to-do list aesthetically pleasing could be better spent actually doing the work.

I find a to-do list motivational and it helps me to organise my brain and manage my energy but it’s just scribbled on a Pukka Pad and would probably be illegible to everyone else.
In the video she showed the collection then used an online tool for planning video and blog posts. Why not just combine the two and add notes in the calendar? She probably spends more time writing lists than doing actual work 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 30
It's just dawned on me how fake it is when influencers announce collaborations and pat themselves on the back. The collaboration will only be a success if we, the audience, actually buy it with our hard earned cash. £55 quid, no thank you. I am a stationery lover and have just signed up for a Papergang subscription at £14 a month and you can cancel any time. I wonder if this collab will sell out. And as others have said as well as the price why would I want Anna's name on it? You'd be as well to order some personalised stationery with your own name engraved on it if you like that aspect of it.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
I find £55 an insane amount of money. I can imagine there are stationary fanatics willing to spend that kind of money, but then I doubt they’d spend it on some influencer’s product. I know there are some very highly regarded Japanese stationary brands like Hobonochi that sell expensive organisers and planners for example. I wouldn’t buy it, but I know there is a group of people who are into that. Not Anna’s notebook.

Reactions: 19
These are the same as the free PDFs she shared ages ago.... why would you pay that much?!

• Haha
Reactions: 17
I feel like Anna won't be able to sustain this lifestyle forever. I think the excessive buying is because now she's secured the mortgage no bank is looking at their spending habits, so she feels fine with spending £150+ a jumper and expensive skin care. There's a big gap in her life, which she's filled with hunting down duplicates of what's in her wardrobe. I don't understand this thing with the heating - she's clearly got a tit load of disposable income.

This stationary, lists, organising, productivity thing is her USP and it's wearing thin fast. My concern is her whole life is this brand, and now she's roped her husband into it. It's very well and good saying it gives them time to focus on things that matter to them, like building a family and work life balance... but her work life is not going to last forever. It's so bland. What is she, and Mark now, going to be doing in 10 years time?

Reactions: 17
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.