The Anna Edit #5 Anna and the thermostat prison guard.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thanks to @Mjaumjau for the thread-title inspiration. @jeezlouise was a close runner-up with 'We have a Mark situation.'

- Indeed we do have a Mark situation. Anna is still desperately trying to make her slightly-creepy-looking husband happen to the point where he now features in approximately 97% of her content. He even his his own spin-off 'The Mark Edit,' and it doesn't appear that he'll be going away any time soon. This Mark moment is here to stay, even though it appears that none of Anna's followers are 'here for that.'
- Not much else to report really. Anna took a month-long break over Christmas and if she continues as she has been doing this thread will be around for the next three or four years.
- It was hoped that the £1 million house might give Anna's boring content a boost, but that hasn't happened yet. I'm guessing the house content is on hold until the gifted furniture etc. starts rolling in.

That's it. As of January 2021 Anna is still the blandest blogger in town!

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 47
Cheers for the recap:) Can we also take a little moment to reflect upon the release of a calendar in mid- January haha.

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Love the thread name! 😂 I wonder if she’s been allowed the heating on yet? It’s been flippin freezing this week! 🥶

Reactions: 10
I mean so she bought this coat for opening doors for delivers! Ffs atleast sell it properly! I can't afford to buy a coat to wear at home.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Of all the nice shackets that are in the shops right now, Anna (not unexpectedly) picks the most bland, boring, beige version.

This girl could not be more vanilla if she tried.

Reactions: 12
A little off-topic, but does anyone think this wool shacket trend has any legs? I feel like everyone was wearing them last year, and I do think they're quite nice in a tomboyish way. But I'm trying to be better about listening to that inner voice that sees something and then wants it really badly--usually that means a trend has reached fever pitch and therefore will look dated in a year. Thoughts?

Reactions: 6
A little off-topic, but does anyone think this wool shacket trend has any legs? I feel like everyone was wearing them last year, and I do think they're quite nice in a tomboyish way. But I'm trying to be better about listening to that inner voice that sees something and then wants it really badly--usually that means a trend has reached fever pitch and therefore will look dated in a year. Thoughts?
I bought one last year too as I like them but I do suspect they won't last for many more years. I definitely won't buy another one. On other people they always seem to look cute and stylish but when I wear mine I feel a bit like I've borrowed my dad's work jacket to go empty the bins if that makes sense. 🤣 I think I'm better with more fitted clothes.

• Haha
Reactions: 26
I feel like it could be something I would wear for years to come, if it was a classic cut and pattern (e.g. not to long or too trendy colours) - sort of like a lumberjacky plaid flannel shirt over a t-shirt - that hasn't gone out of style, not here at least 😊
But I'm no fashion expert 😅

Reactions: 5
Someone has posted on the Lily & Anna podcast Facebook group asking for opinions on the Jamie Genevieve make up line... in the comments a lot of people are recommending it and the post author has replied to one comment saying that she’s just received her student finance and is looking to ‘invest’.

I swear to bleeping god, these influencers have a lot to answer for. I know this girl should know better, but she’s obviously young and so influenced that she thinks it’s wise to use her student finance to ‘invest’ in make up. She wouldn’t even use the term ‘invest’ if it wasn’t for these insta-floggers.

I honestly despair!

• Sad
  • Sick
Reactions: 48
Someone has posted on the Lily & Anna podcast Facebook group asking for opinions on the Jamie Genevieve make up line... in the comments a lot of people are recommending it and the post author has replied to one comment saying that she’s just received her student finance and is looking to ‘invest’.

I swear to bleeping god, these influencers have a lot to answer for. I know this girl should know better, but she’s obviously young and so influenced that she thinks it’s wise to use her student finance to ‘invest’ in make up. She wouldn’t even use the term ‘invest’ if it wasn’t for these insta-floggers.

I honestly despair!
I'm surprised they don't also recommend she invests in Anna's new planner too for her coursework. These influencers basically life their easy gifted lifes off of girls who get into debt copying them. Even if Anna is one of the nicer ones, she's still complicit.

Reactions: 17

I honestly despair!
If not this, she'll be spending that money on beer and take aways, that's what my uni mates spent their student finance on.

Reactions: 5
You can probably find one second hand, especially if you’re hesitant to buy a new one for a trend that might not last. I agree with the one poster though, try to find something in a classic color or print. There are SO many on Depop at the minute!

Reactions: 2

I honestly wonder who the people are that go to their Facebook group for advice and I’m guessing these are the same people who tell Lily and Anna how helpful their advice is on the podcast. Not
to mention asking them ridiculous questions like what is their favourite flavour of crisps, why does anyone care about that! Hardly great content for a podcast.
I used to quite enjoy it but honestly can’t listen anymore, way too self-indulgent.

Reactions: 13
I honestly wonder who the people are that go to their Facebook group for advice and I’m guessing these are the same people who tell Lily and Anna how helpful their advice is on the podcast. Not
to mention asking them ridiculous questions like what is their favourite flavour of crisps, why does anyone care about that! Hardly great content for a podcast.
I used to quite enjoy it but honestly can’t listen anymore, way too self-indulgent.
Honestly, I wonder how much of it is people who don’t have others in their life to turn to for this advice.

If I want fashion advice, I ask my closest friends because they understand my style and my insecurities and know how to help me navigate an event or outfit I want. Things like period advice? I have my mom and amazing aunts and friends, who are all extremely comfortable talking about periods and the like. Relationships? I have so many gorgeously healthy relationships in life that I’m surrounded by that asking Anna or Lily would never be my go to. But I also realize how luck I am to have the support system I have;

I have to wonder if their job isn’t just taking advantage of people who don’t necessarily have those dynamics in their own lives, because who else would actually trust them for any kind of advice?

• Heart
Reactions: 16
But could you afford it if you did without heating?
How many days do you reckon it’ll be before there’s a post about the pipes being burst or frozen? You cannot have the heating off when it’s 0 and minus in a new house, let alone an old one with a damp problem already!

Reactions: 19
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.