The Anna Edit #20 Her face is very face

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
View attachment 1751408
The only Christmas gift guide if you like beige and baby puke
OMG! The second I saw this I thought it was a joke! It’s actually real? WTF?! I haven’t been watching Anna lately, just mostly reading here but decided to watch bits of her latest blog and you guys are right: her style is terrible now. And seriously, Arket is an okay store and maybe I’d buy stuff occasionally from them if I lived in Europe (they don’t ship to the US) but she claims to be obsessed with Arket (don’t recall if those were her exact words but it was some exaggeration along those lines). Um, because they pay you, I suppose? Could you try to be just a little more real and just say they have some good basics and are a step up from H&M? There’s no reason to be obsessed with them, sorry!

Reactions: 18
Surely you can’t catch same cold twice in succession? I feel like if covid taught us anything it was that you develop resistance for a bit?!
The classic cold has an incredible high mutability (and I think 200 virus strains are around or something like this). So it’s entirely possible to be trapped in a mutating and therefore re-infecting cycle. Especially if you aren’t completely over your infection yet.
A damp, cold and mouldy house is definitely not helping either….. honestly if I were her I would be scared for them of developing asthma. Let’s hope they had someone there to have a look and talk them through how to get rid of it asap. There’s one thing to get rid of the visible parts but I think there might be a real problem.

• Wow
Reactions: 10
Recent lurker of this thread. To be honest, I used to be a HUGE fan of Anna circa 2017/ 2018. I had lost quite a bit of weight and having been used to wearing big, overshaped clothes to hide my body, I had no idea how to dress my new body or even do makeup where I looked decent or glam for events. Anna's content around this time really, really helped me. I believe she had all those hello fresh/ waitrose what I eat in a day videos around this time too where she would show herself off doing a workout and then a grocery haul, cooking her meals, getting her blog/ book work done, and just being on the ball with things. More things that helped me eat better and live a healthy life while also being productive. I won't lie, having a full-time job, I side-eyed some of her to-do lists but she was a big part of this wellness/rediscovering myself journey I was on so I let it slide. And for this reason, I have actually defended Anna on Lily's thread. I even agreed with someone who had said on a few threads ago when Mark and Anna had just moved saying not there's more to life than just one's 9 to 5 and they couldn't blame them for their lifestyle.

But what on EARTH happened to her since??

I started losing interest when she got pregnant - I thought it was because of the pregnancy content which I couldn't relate to having no plans for a kid. But her makeup and food vlogs just didn't have the same vibes as those from 2017/ 2018 either and I just couldn't put my finger on why. Then the NON-STOP in your face shilling started and I was utterly disgusted! Again, her "I'll link some dupes for you" was really helpful for me in 2017/2018 - bear in mind I was really self-conscious and didn't want to spend too much on clothes so was happy to look for high street dupes and just the general direction of what to look for and where. But the recent Christmas and Black Friday "edits"?? And for the love of GOD! Mawk's edits?? Sent me over the edge! Mawk dresses like someone who lost their backpack and is on day 5 of their Himalayan trek! Who wants to look like that?? Seriously WHO??

And I want to be respectful of how she has a baby - I'm not a parent so I can't imagine the demands of a baby but soups and soggy pastas when neither of them has a full-time job and are at home nearly 24/7? Am I missing something?

And why keep saying "signing off"?? She doesn't seem to be growing or gaining new followers, she's just sponging off the ones she has already, we know by now she disappears over the weekend (since 2017 at least so that's five years now) so why keep saying it?

I feel like she might not be okay behind the scenes actually. I feel like she's overwhelmed and stuck in a rut - which might explain the bored, bland, mindless and repetitive content. And the #goodvibesonly might be overcompensation or misdirection (like when she talked about her period even though she was already pregnant or sent out a newsletter saying along the lines of she would like to have a garden one day or it's the dream when they had already purchased their current house). But if she's fully aware of what she's doing, then I've lost all respect and I'm completely disappointed.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 54
110E3341-00BA-4624-B385-368480A65A63.jpeg

the last person I wld take any lip combo suggestions from. make that any suggestion.

• Haha
Reactions: 25
This woman is so bleeping disgusting. Another day another AF link. Did you all see any influencers as gross, vapid and disgusting like the newtons? Even Lily can’t top that

Reactions: 19
Of course it’s a ‘combination’ vs a single product. Have to maximise those aflinks. 🙄

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 9
OMG! The second I saw this I thought it was a joke! It’s actually real? WTF?! I haven’t been watching Anna lately, just mostly reading here but decided to watch bits of her latest blog and you guys are right: her style is terrible now. And seriously, Arket is an okay store and maybe I’d buy stuff occasionally from them if I lived in Europe (they don’t ship to the US) but she claims to be obsessed with Arket (don’t recall if those were her exact words but it was some exaggeration along those lines). Um, because they pay you, I suppose? Could you try to be just a little more real and just say they have some good basics and are a step up from H&M? There’s no reason to be obsessed with them, sorry!
Arket is poor quality. H&M is much better, Arket must be paying Anna well.

Maybe I’ve gone mad but this top is kinda nice on her, probably because it’s a deeper v and isn’t two three sizes too big for her.

edit: on second thoughts, it’s definitely 1 size too big
Couldn’t agree LESS, it’s far too boxy on her square upper body. But at least she doesn’t wear a black vest top underneath it like poobles. But when oh when will Ann realise that she does not suit beige?

She’s also looking a bit like a Karen. There’s a certain kind of look (grasping?)

Reactions: 8
I did not know that! I somehow thought they were better than H&M? &OtherStories is also owned by H&M and their quality has definitely gone down lately — I now prefer H&M to them because the quality is often similar but for half the price. Arket, I thought was somewhat better, but I guess I am wrong? Well, everything Anna has from them does look pretty shapeless, that’s for sure! (Though I also gather from this thread that everything she’s been wearing lately looks pretty bad, no matter how expensive or high quality it is.)

Reactions: 1
I
I did not know that! I somehow thought they were better than H&M? &OtherStories is also owned by H&M and their quality has definitely gone down lately — I now prefer H&M to them because the quality is often similar but for half the price. Arket, I thought was somewhat better, but I guess I am wrong? Well, everything Anna has from them does look pretty shapeless, that’s for sure! (Though I also gather from this thread that everything she’s been wearing lately looks pretty bad, no matter how expensive or high quality it is.)
thought the same, until I went into a shop and saw the clothes in person!
i guess Arket is newer to the UK and keen to promote itself

Reactions: 1
Couldn’t agree LESS, it’s far too boxy on her square upper body. But at least she doesn’t wear a black vest top underneath it like poobles. But when oh when will Ann realise that she does not suit beige?

She’s also looking a bit like a Karen. There’s a certain kind of look (grasping?)
haha you’re right, I swear if all it takes is a v neck for me to think better of her choices, she’s set the bar so low

Really? I don’t agree, H&M stuff just seems to fall apart except for the odd knit. I don’t rate Arket as all their stuff is built for tall Nordic people (nothing in there fits my build) buthaving felt the fabrics they feel much better than average H&M fare. Maybe I need to try H&M again, it’s been two years since I went in

• Heart
Reactions: 8
haha you’re right, I swear if all it takes is a v neck for me to think better of her choices, she’s set the bar so low

Really? I don’t agree, H&M stuff just seems to fall apart except for the odd knit. I don’t rate Arket as all their stuff is built for tall Nordic people (nothing in there fits my build) buthaving felt the fabrics they feel much better than average H&M fare. Maybe I need to try H&M again, it’s been two years since I went in
Just keep checking the labels. Even the highest priced garment will look crap after couple of washes if the material is acrylic heavy.

Reactions: 12
Recent lurker of this thread. To be honest, I used to be a HUGE fan of Anna circa 2017/ 2018. I had lost quite a bit of weight and having been used to wearing big, overshaped clothes to hide my body, I had no idea how to dress my new body or even do makeup where I looked decent or glam for events. Anna's content around this time really, really helped me. I believe she had all those hello fresh/ waitrose what I eat in a day videos around this time too where she would show herself off doing a workout and then a grocery haul, cooking her meals, getting her blog/ book work done, and just being on the ball with things. More things that helped me eat better and live a healthy life while also being productive. I won't lie, having a full-time job, I side-eyed some of her to-do lists but she was a big part of this wellness/rediscovering myself journey I was on so I let it slide. And for this reason, I have actually defended Anna on Lily's thread. I even agreed with someone who had said on a few threads ago when Mark and Anna had just moved saying not there's more to life than just one's 9 to 5 and they couldn't blame them for their lifestyle.

But what on EARTH happened to her since??

I started losing interest when she got pregnant - I thought it was because of the pregnancy content which I couldn't relate to having no plans for a kid. But her makeup and food vlogs just didn't have the same vibes as those from 2017/ 2018 either and I just couldn't put my finger on why. Then the NON-STOP in your face shilling started and I was utterly disgusted! Again, her "I'll link some dupes for you" was really helpful for me in 2017/2018 - bear in mind I was really self-conscious and didn't want to spend too much on clothes so was happy to look for high street dupes and just the general direction of what to look for and where. But the recent Christmas and Black Friday "edits"?? And for the love of GOD! Mawk's edits?? Sent me over the edge! Mawk dresses like someone who lost their backpack and is on day 5 of their Himalayan trek! Who wants to look like that?? Seriously WHO??

And I want to be respectful of how she has a baby - I'm not a parent so I can't imagine the demands of a baby but soups and soggy pastas when neither of them has a full-time job and are at home nearly 24/7? Am I missing something?

And why keep saying "signing off"?? She doesn't seem to be growing or gaining new followers, she's just sponging off the ones she has already, we know by now she disappears over the weekend (since 2017 at least so that's five years now) so why keep saying it?

I feel like she might not be okay behind the scenes actually. I feel like she's overwhelmed and stuck in a rut - which might explain the bored, bland, mindless and repetitive content. And the #goodvibesonly might be overcompensation or misdirection (like when she talked about her period even though she was already pregnant or sent out a newsletter saying along the lines of she would like to have a garden one day or it's the dream when they had already purchased their current house). But if she's fully aware of what she's doing, then I've lost all respect and I'm completely disappointed.

Girl! Use poshmark if you're in North america. You don't need fast fashion dupes. You can buy great stuff for next to nothing. I replaced all my denim with $30-$50 Paige jeans, bought a bunch of Aritzia wool and cashmere sweaters because I live in canada where it's cold AF, and you can search for literally anything on there. Need a black turtle neck for a specific outfit? Boom, $15 options.

Anna doesn't seem to realize that thrifting exists, and people either have GREAT stores where they live, or access to better sites than the piece of tit website she keeps linking when she mentions her stupid coats and purses that still cost her thousands.

Anne's made herself redundant:

Great clothes (cheap and better for the planet): thrift stores, poshmark

Minimalist makeup: glow by auric base, buy two blushes, tiny eyeshadow compact, brow product and lash product. Ditch the heavy ceiling paint in jaundice that Anne likes to paint on her face.

Great recipes: website - dishing out health. Books - Six Seasons for veg, essentials of Italian cooking for noods.

Organization: use the throw all your unused tit out and stop making unnecessary appointments method.

Guilty pleasure watch: Fran Meneses. A youtuber who also has a real job, has been running a business for years, has actual interests, and doesn't just pretend to work all day. She explains her $ situation, doesn't post ads because she's an artist, not a marketer, and she gets tit done. Always uses jazz music so you can have her on in the background.

Anne, if you could just pack up your things and be out of the office in ten, that would be great. We considered a severance package, but considering how much you've already earned this year while watching mould grow on your bedroom walls, we've decided to put it to use somewhere else.

👋🏻

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.