The Anna Edit #20 Her face is very face

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Maybe I’ve gone mad but this top is kinda nice on her, probably because it’s a deeper v and isn’t two three sizes too big for her.

edit: on second thoughts, it’s definitely 1 size too big
It's the only sweater she owns that doesn't just look like an oversize rugby sweater on a 12 year old boy.

Reactions: 8
The Times is following the Guardian's article re beige parenting now
I’m low key fascinated by the beige parenting evolution. I don’t think aesthetic parenting is new, but the newest wave is so starkly contrasting with recent trends. I wish I could find better writing about it as most seem to just write banter about how it’s so dumb instead of tracking its evolution in form since the 1800s. I mean children weren’t even really considered human until a few 100 years ago, they were envisioned as existing between the world or the living and dead since so many would die before 10. Some cultures even practiced not looking children or infants in the eyes, to resist attachment.

• Wow
Reactions: 10
She really, really, REALLY needs to stop making content around a sweater, jeans and Birkenstocks. It’s literally Groundhog Day of the most benign, every day “outfit”. It’s not CONTENT. It’s just getting dressed.

Reactions: 30
Recent lurker of this thread. To be honest, I used to be a HUGE fan of Anna circa 2017/ 2018. I had lost quite a bit of weight and having been used to wearing big, overshaped clothes to hide my body, I had no idea how to dress my new body or even do makeup where I looked decent or glam for events. Anna's content around this time really, really helped me. I believe she had all those hello fresh/ waitrose what I eat in a day videos around this time too where she would show herself off doing a workout and then a grocery haul, cooking her meals, getting her blog/ book work done, and just being on the ball with things. More things that helped me eat better and live a healthy life while also being productive. I won't lie, having a full-time job, I side-eyed some of her to-do lists but she was a big part of this wellness/rediscovering myself journey I was on so I let it slide. And for this reason, I have actually defended Anna on Lily's thread. I even agreed with someone who had said on a few threads ago when Mark and Anna had just moved saying not there's more to life than just one's 9 to 5 and they couldn't blame them for their lifestyle.

But what on EARTH happened to her since??

I started losing interest when she got pregnant - I thought it was because of the pregnancy content which I couldn't relate to having no plans for a kid. But her makeup and food vlogs just didn't have the same vibes as those from 2017/ 2018 either and I just couldn't put my finger on why. Then the NON-STOP in your face shilling started and I was utterly disgusted! Again, her "I'll link some dupes for you" was really helpful for me in 2017/2018 - bear in mind I was really self-conscious and didn't want to spend too much on clothes so was happy to look for high street dupes and just the general direction of what to look for and where. But the recent Christmas and Black Friday "edits"?? And for the love of GOD! Mawk's edits?? Sent me over the edge! Mawk dresses like someone who lost their backpack and is on day 5 of their Himalayan trek! Who wants to look like that?? Seriously WHO??

And I want to be respectful of how she has a baby - I'm not a parent so I can't imagine the demands of a baby but soups and soggy pastas when neither of them has a full-time job and are at home nearly 24/7? Am I missing something?

And why keep saying "signing off"?? She doesn't seem to be growing or gaining new followers, she's just sponging off the ones she has already, we know by now she disappears over the weekend (since 2017 at least so that's five years now) so why keep saying it?

I feel like she might not be okay behind the scenes actually. I feel like she's overwhelmed and stuck in a rut - which might explain the bored, bland, mindless and repetitive content. And the #goodvibesonly might be overcompensation or misdirection (like when she talked about her period even though she was already pregnant or sent out a newsletter saying along the lines of she would like to have a garden one day or it's the dream when they had already purchased their current house). But if she's fully aware of what she's doing, then I've lost all respect and I'm completely disappointed.
The biggest shift in Anne's content happened when she moved to the new house. Prior to the pandemic when they were living in their flat their content was mediocre but the lighting was 20x better and she still had some nice items of clothing. However the pandemic caused the whole "comfort first" in fashion which both Anne and Lily really leaned into esp while pregnant.

With Anne she used the lockdown post pregnancy period to reinvent herself as a luxury style influencer. Her egregious error is that she mistakes a luxury label as something stylish/fashionable. That's all it is yet shockingly too many ppl for my liking agree with it.

What's different is now, b/c of social media there really isn't a dominant force in fashion there was 10 years ago. Think anytime before the invention of social media, Vogue would set the trends and you'd see it in films/TV and then everyone would wear them. What's different now is Vogue's influence in fashion is waning and now gen z wears what they want. I've seen gen z kids wear skinny jeans, hoodies, cargo pants, wide leg trousers, etc - the rules now is that there are no strict rules.

Reactions: 15
The biggest shift in Anne's content happened when she moved to the new house. Prior to the pandemic when they were living in their flat their content was mediocre but the lighting was 20x better and she still had some nice items of clothing. However the pandemic caused the whole "comfort first" in fashion which both Anne and Lily really leaned into esp while pregnant.

With Anne she used the lockdown post pregnancy period to reinvent herself as a luxury style influencer. Her egregious error is that she mistakes a luxury label as something stylish/fashionable. That's all it is yet shockingly too many ppl for my liking agree with it.

What's different is now, b/c of social media there really isn't a dominant force in fashion there was 10 years ago. Think anytime before the invention of social media, Vogue would set the trends and you'd see it in films/TV and then everyone would wear them. What's different now is Vogue's influence in fashion is waning and now gen z wears what they want. I've seen gen z kids wear skinny jeans, hoodies, cargo pants, wide leg trousers, etc - the rules now is that there are no strict rules.
I'm down for no rules, for sure.
I just don't know why Anne thinks she looks good- she's dressing like tech nerds from the 90's did, only she's spending TONS of money on it.

She doesn't seem to get that it doesn't matter if you spend good money- when your clothes don't fit and don't suit you, your £5000 outfit still doesn't look good.

If she really loved fashion, she would be doing new things with it. She would be curious. She would have posted street style stuff from London and Paris this year.

She truly is living in a weird little bubble.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I don’t really understand how putting a jumper on with jeans, a coat and boots constitutes a reel? Not exactly a groundbreaking combo especially in the UK or east coast of America. I always feel patronised when influencers say something like “how to style a chunky knit” duck off

• Haha
Reactions: 27
The markandi edit: it's not content, it's just getting dressed!

(Someone earlier mentioned this comment sorry I forgot who you are!)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
What did she advertise? Her threads move so so fast!
Her boiler broke down, and so, at a time when many people are struggling with the cost of living and can't afford to put the heating on, she claimed her solution was to check into the £1000 a night Savoy hotel. From what I gather, she wasn't even paying, it was gifted!

I don't follow her at all, but she's faced a huge backlash for this, and the story has made the papers.

Maybe this will be the beginning of the end for these tone deaf influencers. Probably not, though.

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 24
Her boiler broke down, and so, at a time when many people are struggling with the cost of living and can't afford to put the heating on, she claimed her solution was to check into the £1000 a night Savoy hotel. From what I gather, she wasn't even paying, it was gifted!

I don't follow her at all, but she's faced a huge backlash for this, and the story has made the papers.

Maybe this will be the beginning of the end for these tone deaf influencers. Probably not, though.
Wow the way she replied to those comments 😬

Reactions: 9

she’s grotesque. Thanks for sharing!

Reactions: 8

every time I think influencers can't surprise me anymore, somebody proves me wrong 😬

Reactions: 13
IMG_20221124_123241.jpg

First off, she is coming across so pathetic these days mentioning "friends!" in every other story, and this person isn't even her friend in the first place? Just someone she recognised from IG. You are overcompensating, Lily and it's so cringe to watch. Please spill the tea on Anna and move on.

Secondly, looks like that girl was there doing her job as a stylist, and Lily took the opportunity to get some advice for free. How convenient for Lily. We know she wouldn't in a million years hire (i.e. pay from her own pocket) a stylist. That honestly felt like stealing for me.

At least she admitted she looks like a giant poo in her poo coloured clothes.

• Haha
Reactions: 20
If you have to ask if you look like tit in an outfit, it’s guaranteed you look like tit in the outfit.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
View attachment 1756707

First off, she is coming across so pathetic these days mentioning "friends!" in every other story, and this person isn't even her friend in the first place? Just someone she recognised from IG. You are overcompensating, Lily and it's so cringe to watch. Please spill the tea on Anna and move on.

Secondly, looks like that girl was there doing her job as a stylist, and Lily took the opportunity to get some advice for free. How convenient for Lily. We know she wouldn't in a million years hire (i.e. pay from her own pocket) a stylist. That honestly felt like stealing for me.

Oh my god this is not Lily's thread 🙈
Sorry everyone, this keeps happening to me with these two!

• Haha
Reactions: 16
View attachment 1756707

"two bored kids waiting outside with Rich" tells you everything

• Sad
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.