The Anna Edit #20 Her face is very face

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
she's basically a breathing catalogue now and calling it work

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 38
So I’ve had this on my mind for a while..it’s not necessarily only Anne this applies to, Lily too, and many of the old school youtubers surely. Here comes my rant.

I started watching Annes videos in my early teens, and now both she and I are married with kids. Somewhere along the way, I think the Newtons just fell completely out of touch with reality. It happened so slowly that it took me a good while to realize.. In the end, it was the overpriced planner that arrived in my mailbox three months into the year that did it for me..and from then on, in every video I watched she would always have at least one comment that threw me off by reveling how irrelevant she had become. In the time she’s been pushing adlinks for the past 10 years, I assume many in her audience, like me, have gotten an education and been working for a few years. I worked really hard to get my degree and now I go to the office, and put great effort in to making my living. “Working” from bed during my entire pregnancy, shuffling my weekend around on a weekly basis and going to “my eyebrow lady” or tailor (as if I have any of those) is not things I can consider actual work? Yet I manage to show up to the office with clothes that fit properly, eyebrows looking reasonable, my clothes aren’t wrinkled, my hair isn’t greasy and I occasional even put on some makeup. My baby is also doing well, so is my husband. And guess what? I miraculously manage to show up every day. What an achievement! Nope. It’s what most people manage to do five days a week, most weeks of the year. Every year. In the office, regardless of how many hours my baby had me up that night, I put on my best self and have to be professional. I have to apply myself and cooperate with people I don’t necessarily like all that much. Some I even dislike quite a bit, and I still manage to be professional about it. Do I deserve a medal? No. It’s normal.

All this while, Mawk quit his job because he didn’t feel like it, poor him. Now they’ve literally gone years without having to have any form of social interaction except the ones they actively choose or pay for. Why is it important to do things we don’t like? Because it builds resilience and helps making life enjoyable when things go well. They seem to have gotten into a uninspired rut they cant get out of, and I think this might have something to do with it. Knowing you’re able to finish work you don’t like with people you don’t like is really important to experience every once in a while. They never have to do work they don’t feel like doing, and it shows.

Most people in their season of life can’t go about even 20% of their day in the way the Newtons do. We wouldn’t have time. This would all be ok if it she was being real about it and admitted that they’re in a very rare and privileged position to both be home with Chops all day, only work when he naps, and at the same time do very expensive renovations. All paid for by cookies in our browsers and the minimum-effort-ads we watch(ed). Instead, she keeps going on about how she has to squeeze in bits and bobs, and how they have to be careful about spending. It’s infuriating. She knows very little about being frugal and she knows absolutely nothing about being busy. At this point, they live so socially isolated I genuinely don’t think she knows any better. Hanging out with Zoe isn’t going to help here….

She used to at least pretend she wanted to do good with her minimalism (now we know it was just because they didn’t have enough space in the flat), cookbook’s and her promises of brand representation. She also used to come across as genuinely excited about makeup/books/food, where as now it’s all a tit show with week old pasta, not minding the rats in her house (!!!) and toxic positivity giggles *ad.

What’s pissing me off about all this is that it’s only the past six month’s I’ve learned how adlinks actually work and I’m quite bitter about the money she’s earned off me without me really knowing. Obviously that’s on me, but I still feel like she’s capitalized on my naive trust I used to have in her.

• Heart
Reactions: 99
Why is it important to do things we don’t like? Because it builds resilience and helps making life enjoyable when things go well.
Agree with your entire post but this excerpt. I don't think it's a valid criticism of Anna as much as it shows how society fails most people -- neurodivergent, poor, chronically disabled the list goes on -- while telling them that they have to do things that they don't like because it will enrich them or benefit them. It does not. Anna and Mark do tit all day and still manage to gather so much money it's sickening while, as you mentioned, profiting of their followers' naivety and trust. They are out of touch and lack social interactions with "real world" but I would rather not celebrate how the rest of us has to work hard to only achieve crumbs The Newtons would not even sign in for as a proof of our "resilience".

• Heart
Reactions: 33
Thank you so much @adbreakover for your post. I couldn’t agree more with everything you have said.
My life is crazy busy, too. I have had more downs than ups lately, I face challenges every single day. I don’t own a house and I can’t log off on a Wednesday afternoon, but I earn enough to live comfortably. I could afford all of her expensive stuff as well, and yet I would never, ever, trade my life with hers. I find solace in knowing that I don’t have to cheat people to earn a living. I go to bed at night knowing that I have stability in my career and I don’t have to get up in the morning and look for an affiliate link to post. My life doesn’t depend on whether someone will click on my link so that I could continue living the way I do. That, to me, is invaluable.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 29
Agree with your entire post but this excerpt (...)
Thank you for this comment, I completely see your point.

@Peppi58 Sending much love ♥ And yes…When I saw in a vlog recently that she was doing an internet course on how to become a better influencer or something like that, I must admit I actually felt a bit sad for her - which took away some of my bitterness

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Longtime reader, I feel compelled to agree with all the posts. It is obscene and infuriating she does so little in return for so much financially but her life is devoid of any meaning, she seems numb in her marriage and if I may, must feel such crippling PPA that she can’t fathom sharing anything in relation to Chops. I feel sorry for her on a good day, but these days she is unequivocally irrelevant and I feel indifference for her. I should add I interviewed her once when I still liked and follow her and I cannot believe how wrong my gut feeling was about her.

Reactions: 17
What’s pissing me off about all this is that it’s only the past six month’s I’ve learned how adlinks actually work and I’m quite bitter about the money she’s earned off me without me really knowing. Obviously that’s on me, but I still feel like she’s capitalized on my naive trust I used to have in her.
This made me think about the thousands of other people who don't realise they are selling a little bit of their privacy for weeks after clicking a link (when I say privacy I believe the influencer can see what was purchased, the amount and how many clicks from each link). It also points out how influencers are worried people will find this out as I've never seen any of the big hitters mention this is how aff links work.

I would love it if someone found a law somewhere where this all proved to be illegal and the influencers had to pay back an income made from aff links due to privacy breaches. A bit like being missold PPI. The claims would ruin them.

Reactions: 16
Latest vlog (i skipped the last one i am not interested in her useless kitchen extension)

So now she cannot function on a daily basis:

1) because she got to write down things she needs to do for the day in sequence
2) because she forgot to order her meal boxes so she doesn't know what to cook/ or have anything home to cook with

Most people around the world are going back to work in the office she still seems stuck in the lockdown era of lounge wear: work from home confy. She is really getting more and more out of touch with reality.

• Wow
Reactions: 15
Latest vlog (i skipped the last one i am not interested in her useless kitchen extension)

So now she cannot function on a daily basis:

1) because she got to write down things she needs to do for the day in sequence
2) because she forgot to order her meal boxes so she doesn't know what to cook/ or have anything home to cook with
Whenever I watched her video, it always reminds me of the saying - if you want to get something done, ask a busy person.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
So I’ve had this on my mind for a while..it’s not necessarily only Anne this applies to, Lily too, and many of the old school youtubers surely. Here comes my rant.

I started watching Annes videos in my early teens, and now both she and I are married with kids. Somewhere along the way, I think the Newtons just fell completely out of touch with reality. It happened so slowly that it took me a good while to realize.. In the end, it was the overpriced planner that arrived in my mailbox three months into the year that did it for me..and from then on, in every video I watched she would always have at least one comment that threw me off by reveling how irrelevant she had become. In the time she’s been pushing adlinks for the past 10 years, I assume many in her audience, like me, have gotten an education and been working for a few years. I worked really hard to get my degree and now I go to the office, and put great effort in to making my living. “Working” from bed during my entire pregnancy, shuffling my weekend around on a weekly basis and going to “my eyebrow lady” or tailor (as if I have any of those) is not things I can consider actual work? Yet I manage to show up to the office with clothes that fit properly, eyebrows looking reasonable, my clothes aren’t wrinkled, my hair isn’t greasy and I occasional even put on some makeup. My baby is also doing well, so is my husband. And guess what? I miraculously manage to show up every day. What an achievement! Nope. It’s what most people manage to do five days a week, most weeks of the year. Every year. In the office, regardless of how many hours my baby had me up that night, I put on my best self and have to be professional. I have to apply myself and cooperate with people I don’t necessarily like all that much. Some I even dislike quite a bit, and I still manage to be professional about it. Do I deserve a medal? No. It’s normal.

All this while, Mawk quit his job because he didn’t feel like it, poor him. Now they’ve literally gone years without having to have any form of social interaction except the ones they actively choose or pay for. Why is it important to do things we don’t like? Because it builds resilience and helps making life enjoyable when things go well. They seem to have gotten into a uninspired rut they cant get out of, and I think this might have something to do with it. Knowing you’re able to finish work you don’t like with people you don’t like is really important to experience every once in a while. They never have to do work they don’t feel like doing, and it shows.

Most people in their season of life can’t go about even 20% of their day in the way the Newtons do. We wouldn’t have time. This would all be ok if it she was being real about it and admitted that they’re in a very rare and privileged position to both be home with Chops all day, only work when he naps, and at the same time do very expensive renovations. All paid for by cookies in our browsers and the minimum-effort-ads we watch(ed). Instead, she keeps going on about how she has to squeeze in bits and bobs, and how they have to be careful about spending. It’s infuriating. She knows very little about being frugal and she knows absolutely nothing about being busy. At this point, they live so socially isolated I genuinely don’t think she knows any better. Hanging out with Zoe isn’t going to help here….

She used to at least pretend she wanted to do good with her minimalism (now we know it was just because they didn’t have enough space in the flat), cookbook’s and her promises of brand representation. She also used to come across as genuinely excited about makeup/books/food, where as now it’s all a tit show with week old pasta, not minding the rats in her house (!!!) and toxic positivity giggles *ad.

Completely agree.
Sadly I think it reflects where much of western society has their values - consumerism; and the way social media is influencing society’s values.
It enables influencers to tap into our insecurities, create wants that we didn’t know we had, meanwhile we think we can relate to them while they earns a fortune from us.

messed up!

Reactions: 13
This made me think about the thousands of other people who don't realise they are selling a little bit of their privacy for weeks after clicking a link (when I say privacy I believe the influencer can see what was purchased, the amount and how many clicks from each link). It also points out how influencers are worried people will find this out as I've never seen any of the big hitters mention this is how aff links work.

I would love it if someone found a law somewhere where this all proved to be illegal and the influencers had to pay back an income made from aff links due to privacy breaches. A bit like being missold PPI. The claims would ruin them.
I feel the same when people miss their old style. Sure, they wore colours and more fitting clothes, but so did everyone around them bc it was trendy. 🤷‍♀️ Leave them to their own devices and you find Anna cosplaying Jesus with a straw bag and Lily thinking leggings are suited for a fancy restaurant.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
She says she couldn’t do any work because of the builders being around. Erm, no. You chose not to because you could get away with it, which is very different.

Also, it seems like “MawkAndI” has become one word.

• Haha
Reactions: 29
She says she couldn’t do any work because of the builders being around. Erm, no. You chose not to because you could get away with it, which is very different.
Her head would explode if she found out some people are building their own house while simultaneously keeping with their job's requirements. Also Anna's rich, she could afford renting a room to sit in and babble while putting on orange foundation if she really wanted to.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Throwing out a gifted fridge to install a new gifted fridge is so wasteful. The old fridge is just 2 years old FFS🤬.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 26

Also, it seems like “MawkAndI” has become one word.
Mawkandi needs to be in the new thread title

• Haha
Reactions: 22
Why would anyone want to buy something that Mark has approved?? Does he not dress/look like a nerdy trainspotter, but not in a cool ironic way?

• Haha
Reactions: 22
Such a shame it was deleted already. It was a very nicely crafted thought provoking comment. Anne and Mawk are becoming more and more repulsive.

Reactions: 42
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.