The Anna Edit #17 When capshool becomes capshill

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
One thing that has annoyed me about Anna lately is that she shows nothing of her daily life but still somehow manages to make her channel all about being a mum. I'm sure I don't want kids in the near future, I'm undecided if I'll ever have them, and I'm not really interested in other people's, so this is definitely not a complaint that we don't get to see Ralph (and kids as content is obviously ethically dubious anyway). I tend to lose interest in influencers when they switch over to mummy-lifestyle content. Anna deliberately hasn't done this, so you might think that her channel would remain appealing to me and others like me (of which I'm sure there are many among her followers), but no. Her videos are littered with constant smug references to being a parent.
She was talking about a top somewhat recently and mentioned that it's good for concealing sick stains "if you know you know". Err, no, I don't. Sunday's video closed with her gushing about how great it is to have mum friends who understand her and how she was going to go to bed in her makeup in order to be up with Ralph in 5 hours. Of course, I'm not at all begrudging new parents seeking out support from each other, I'm sure parenting is really tough. But it's not the content I'm looking for from a supposed fashion and beauty channel.

Reactions: 37
I’m not sure if this type of walk is somewhat trendy at the moment but her posture is really bad, without knowing her I would say its a photo of a granny…
CB9C42AA-649B-4F03-A921-37627AA96E2D.png

• Haha
Reactions: 7
She thinks she is the trousers authority, and posted a bunch of begging aff links. Yucks.

Reactions: 3
One thing that has annoyed me about Anna lately is that she shows nothing of her daily life but still somehow manages to make her channel all about being a mum. I'm sure I don't want kids in the near future, I'm undecided if I'll ever have them, and I'm not really interested in other people's, so this is definitely not a complaint that we don't get to see Ralph (and kids as content is obviously ethically dubious anyway). I tend to lose interest in influencers when they switch over to mummy-lifestyle content. Anna deliberately hasn't done this, so you might think that her channel would remain appealing to me and others like me (of which I'm sure there are many among her followers), but no. Her videos are littered with constant smug references to being a parent.
She was talking about a top somewhat recently and mentioned that it's good for concealing sick stains "if you know you know". Err, no, I don't. Sunday's video closed with her gushing about how great it is to have mum friends who understand her and how she was going to go to bed in her makeup in order to be up with Ralph in 5 hours. Of course, I'm not at all begrudging new parents seeking out support from each other, I'm sure parenting is really tough. But it's not the content I'm looking for from a supposed fashion and beauty channel.
To me she's as my mum would say, " either Arthur nor Martha". She chats so much about being a mum, but won't fully commit to it so we get crappy bits and pieces. A lot of her excuses as to why her content is rubbish is due to mum stresses which is fine, but properly show that aspect of your life. She can still do mum stuff without showing her son's face, and tbh, I don't think we'd mind if she hid Mark's face too.

She needs to pick a bleeping lane, either embrace this new change in your life and show how you juggle motherhood and "work" or keep it like it was before

• Heart
Reactions: 32
Completely agree re the mum stuff. On the one hand she’s acting like she’s wearing silk trousers to take care of her son while her husband has a stomach bug, and on the other she’s making references to “mum life” to be relatable. I don’t think it’s working and I do wonder if her audience will get bored.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
She probably saw the decline in Lily’s following etc after having Grey and thought she’d be clever by continuing with her pre-baby content. Problem is we’re constantly reminded that she is a parent and her fashion/beauty content is naff resulting in her being………..NOTHING-Y

Reactions: 14
i thought so too, I thought the boobs area look weird. I bet if she stand straight, she will look worst
But it is TOTEME!!! and gifted AD BREAK from NAP, dream job moment.. dont think Nana cares how awful the dress looks on her.
She isnt big by any means but the dress only looks “good” hanging off a skinny lanky body type like Lizzy.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
But it is TOTEME!!! and gifted AD BREAK from NAP, dream job moment.. dont think Nana cares how awful the dress looks on her.
She isnt big by any means but the dress only looks “good” hanging off a skinny lanky body type like Lizzy.
Agreed. Unless you’re pin straight or have a flat tummy/toned-ish limbs and curves, these sorts of things always look a little ill-fitting and bulky.

She looks like a stick of butter that’s melting in the sun.

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Agreed. Unless you’re pin straight or have a flat tummy/toned-ish limbs and curves, these sorts of things always look a little ill-fitting and bulky.

On a plain white toast

I think Lindsey would look great in it, that witch is so toned. Slight envy here I am not going to lie

• Haha
Reactions: 10
How can Anna do a capshool wardrobe? Her next video idea "How to create a whole room of identical overpriced shapeless unflattering "pieces"".

• Haha
Reactions: 20
I normally watch Anna’s video out of sheer boredom, but not even boredom will make me watch this one. You don’t even need to click into it. It’s a broken record. Just by looking at the thumbnail you’ll know exactly which phrases, adjectives and anecdotes she’s going to use to describe what.

• Haha
Reactions: 26
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.