The Anna Edit #13 The lying liar who lies

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Waitrose recently sent me a coupon after a coupon. I don't shop there for many reasons but it seems like W&P try their best to entice even the rarest customers back to their store (fair play, yes). Times are tough. Not sure why they invest in Anna and Mark Newton.

Reactions: 8
That newsletter is ridiculous. It’s like an early career output, not something from a professional with a decade of experience in a field.

It also reminded me that Anna has basically a failed USP - the organizing shtick. We saw last year that she actually doesn’t have systems in place despite having a live-in employee and The World’s Easiest Job.

Muchelle B does such a much better job with this and has almost as many followers on YT. I love watching her videos bc I like her energy and she actually gets tit done, unlike Anna. If Anna does home stuff she is all secretive about it and doesn’t speak properly / usefully about budgets, planning, etc. And she’s too busy not keeping it real / being boring that she would never do a life admin day like Muchelle B does. Ah and M. also has amazing Notion tutorials. Anna uses Monday.com for god’s sake. If you like to see a normal person organizing and making progress through a list, check her out:

Reactions: 20
I mean at least she is consistent in her love for mince pies I guess? I am pretty sure she raves about them to a ridiculous extent every year- though I normally couldn’t say from the top of my head which supermarket she gets them from.
I personally love consistency- but her selling strategy for the supermarket has definitely not worked on me yet.

Reactions: 6
That newsletter is ridiculous. It’s like an early career output, not something from a professional with a decade of experience in a field.

It also reminded me that Anna has basically a failed USP - the organizing shtick. We saw last year that she actually doesn’t have systems in place despite having a live-in employee and The World’s Easiest Job.

Muchelle B does such a much better job with this and has almost as many followers on YT. I love watching her videos bc I like her energy and she actually gets tit done, unlike Anna. If Anna does home stuff she is all secretive about it and doesn’t speak properly / usefully about budgets, planning, etc. And she’s too busy not keeping it real / being boring that she would never do a life admin day like Muchelle B does. Ah and M. also has amazing Notion tutorials. Anna uses Monday.com for god’s sake. If you like to see a normal person organizing and making progress through a list, check her out:
She seems good, but the vocal fry! So bad, and stops me from listening when her voice is that annoying.

Reactions: 3
I am not an early riser but sun rise at 7.30 during winter? Did no one tell Anna that it is not that early?

• Haha
Reactions: 25
Yeah my two year old means that we are eating breakfast a good hour before the sun comes up…!
Idk what is she smoking. Did she keep saying that she is an early riser and super productive and motivated in the morning.

Reactions: 13
Wasn't there a time when Anna got up at 6am every morning? Or was that another one of her lies?

• Wow
Reactions: 15
Wasn't there a time when Anna got up at 6am every morning? Or was that another one of her lies?
Didn't she use to claim it was even ridiculously earlier?
I remember this because under one of her videos where she mentioned that she wakes up at half five there was comment from a non native speaker who was shocked thinking half five meant 4:30, and Anna explaining it's 5:30.

Reactions: 9
I remember this because under one of her videos where she mentioned that she wakes up at half five there was comment from a non native speaker who was shocked thinking half five meant 4:30, and Anna explaining it's 5:30.
Yes I was about to post that I think she actually used to claim to getting up at 5:30.

I am single and childless and I wake up most days at 6:30am.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
I am surprised that Anna just didn't go right ahead and tell us (with a smug smile) that she really doesn't need to sleep at all! *giggles*

• Haha
Reactions: 21
that was when Mark had a job, now he doesn’t have a job, so she sleeps until 7.30 and think it is super early. I think 7.30 is early lol. If I am working for myself, I will wake up at 9 everyday haha

Reactions: 16
Yes I was about to post that I think she actually used to claim to getting up at 5:30.

I am single and childless and I wake up most days at 6:30am.
That was when Mark was still working in London and taking the train all the way from Brighton. Anna used to get up with him instead of sleeping in. He was out of the flat at 6am I think. And didn't let her keep the heating on while he was away from 6am-6pm!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 21
She seems good, but the vocal fry! So bad, and stops me from listening when her voice is that annoying.
Oh yes she has odd speaking mannerisms on several fronts and I can see how some might not be able to deal with that. I don’t find it so annoying because I feel like I get value from her content. I’m sure if Anna or Lily spoke like that I’d be so irritated. Suppose it’s like an interpretation of substance over style!

Reactions: 3
It's quite sad having a wardrobe full of high end items when in reality, you’re only going to wear it for 5 minutes to walk up the street to have a few photos taken by your husband. Then back home to the overpriced lounge wear. But yeah, investment!

Reactions: 39
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.