The Anna Edit #11 Dusty, musty, fusty and content very rusty

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Off-topic but: any fellow introverts here who hate being the center of attention? My worst nightmare would be walking down the aisle and being stared at all day because I'm the bride. I find Anna's approach with a small wedding great, but how do you get over your fear of being looked at? šŸ˜… šŸ¤¦ā€ā™€ļø if I eloped my parents would never forgive me lol so what to dooooo

I noticed something weird when I had a nosy on her IG today. You can pinpoint the EXACT point in time when she went from stylish Anna to beige mealworm grandma. It was November 2020, around the time they moved into their house. From one post to the next she changed. My guess is she tried to rebrand herself in time for her move into the new house, leaving the "old" Anna behind and creating a new personality in line with all the other influencers on Instagram. I think she wanted to go for cosy new home, cosy clothing, bright, neutral colors, home content like people like Ellana Pecherle (ellepearls). Instead, her house is a dusty, damp hole and she just can't pull off the style. Now we know that plan went completely awry, but she can't acknowledge that because it's the same rebranding as from Viviannadoesmakeup to The Anna Edit, only this time it was herself, not her Corporate Design. It wasn't a gradual change, she literally went from heavy boots, nice fitting jeans and colored jumpers to wooly tracksuits the next.
You can just get married with both sets of parents present and keep it small, if you really want to get married.

Annaā€™s style deterioration has been discussed here way before November 2020. Still living at the flat I remember plenty of outfits people did not like. Like her straight legged white leather pants, or just the her style of jeans in general.

Reactions: 14
I've never liked her chunky jumpers tucked into jeans or the rusty eyeshadow. She looked so much more stylish in her Whistles and red lipstick days

Reactions: 23
Ķ
I've never liked her chunky jumpers tucked into jeans or the rusty eyeshadow. She looked so much more stylish in her Whistles and red lipstick days
Exactly this.

I just had a look back through her instagram. In 2018 she was wearing mostly high street Topshop/Whistles/And Other Stories etc with a few more expensive items mixed in.

She looked great and that to me is far more influential. Plus while I wouldn't usually shop at Whistles as it's a bit pricey, if I saw something I really liked, it would be achievable.

Even if I liked her beige, shapeless jumpers, there is no way I would ever spend Ā£400 on one.

Reactions: 22
Off-topic but: any fellow introverts here who hate being the center of attention? My worst nightmare would be walking down the aisle and being stared at all day because I'm the bride. I find Anna's approach with a small wedding great, but how do you get over your fear of being looked at? šŸ˜… šŸ¤¦ā€ā™€ļø if I eloped my parents would never forgive me lol so what to dooooo
my advice? Do whatever the hell the two of you want to do, itā€™s your day and one of the very few days in your life you can be totally selfish if you want to be! We always knew we were going to get married in NYC, but couldnā€™t think of anything worse than ending up having to chaperone our families and friends round the city, or having to compromise on where we held it/where we ate etc. So we went just the two of us! My family were less bothered (weā€™re not the traditional type), but there were a few ā€˜oooh I was looking forward to buying a hat commentsā€™ from my other halfā€™s family. We just explained that it was what we wanted to do, and we took everyone family wise out for dinner and drinks before we left. We loved our wedding day, and wouldnā€™t change it for the world! Despite Auntie Mayā€™s sour face when she realised she wouldnā€™t be dancing to Come on Eileen at midnight played by a bad wedding DJā€¦..

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 13

I noticed something weird when I had a nosy on her IG today. You can pinpoint the EXACT point in time when she went from stylish Anna to beige mealworm grandma. It was November 2020, around the time they moved into their house. From one post to the next she changed. My guess is she tried to rebrand herself in time for her move into the new house, leaving the "old" Anna behind and creating a new personality in line with all the other influencers on Instagram. I think she wanted to go for cosy new home, cosy clothing, bright, neutral colors, home content like people like Ellana Pecherle (ellepearls). Instead, her house is a dusty, damp hole and she just can't pull off the style. Now we know that plan went completely awry, but she can't acknowledge that because it's the same rebranding as from Viviannadoesmakeup to The Anna Edit, only this time it was herself, not her Corporate Design. It wasn't a gradual change, she literally went from heavy boots, nice fitting jeans and colored jumpers to wooly tracksuits the next.
Do whatever you want, is your money and your memories, donā€™t let your in laws and parents pressure or talk you into anything. Parents, aunts and uncles HAD their chance, the time is yours...I also didnā€™t want to spend a lot of money on others, I am a selfish twit haha šŸ˜‚

ARE WE NOT GOING TO TALK ABOUT HER VIDEO TODAY hahah. Is it that boring that we donā€™t even care to bring it up on tattle.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 12
ARE WE NOT GOING TO TALK ABOUT HER VIDEO TODAY hahah. Is it that boring that we donā€™t even care to bring it up on tattle.
Wait I didnā€™t even see it in my subscription box... do summarise to spare the rest of us if you (or anyone) watched it šŸ˜‚

• Haha
Reactions: 4

I agree with everyone else, just do whatever you want. Weā€™re hopefully getting married this year (covid permitting) and walking down an aisle in a white fluffy cake dress would absolutely be my nightmare. Weā€™re doing a small registry office ceremony and then a big party the day after. Obviously thereā€™s going to be some attention on us, but the focus should really be about everyone getting back together and celebrating the fact that we can see each other again and have all our favourite people there. This aspect is the one thatā€™s really important to us, and Iā€™m definitely not doing a cringe slow first dance or a big photo shoot. I think all these things can be avoided if you want.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I never thought their choice of wedding had anything to do with what they could afford. I think they wanted it at home for an intimate and close vibe. I actually appreciated that, especially since I knew they could have gone big as well.

Iā€™m not an introvert at all, but a wedding is my worst nightmare. I donā€™t even celebrate my birthday for similar reasons.
exactly! it's not because you have money that you HAVE to spend it on your wedding; That reasoning makes no sense.

Reactions: 9
Thanks everyone for your responses to my wedding panic post šŸ˜… you helped me so much! ā¤ (although living in sin sounds good to me, given that my parents think I'm satan reincarnate anyway lol)

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 11
exactly! it's not because you have money that you HAVE to spend it on your wedding; That reasoning makes no sense.
Anna comes across as quite liking to splash the cash though. She is rather 'spendy'. I would be more inclined to think Mark had a bigger say in a scaled back wedding. He probably wanted something on a par with his salary than Anna's. I wish they had waited and had their wedding at the new house - it would have been more interesting for us as viewers. What empty, echo-y, mouldy room should we go in now Sue? I don't know Brian, let's try this one.

• Haha
Did someone catch that? Screenshots courtesy of @martaS over on the Zanna van Dijk thread. Had no idea they even knew each other. Look how much younger Anna looks when it's not a staged photo taken by Maaak.

1624995422846.png
1624995282676.png

is her back itchy or what's this pose

Zanna used Anna to jumpstart her influencer career back in the day - personal training sessions in exchange for filming & sharing. Zanna might have paid, thinking about it now. There was a lot of sudden ā€œmy friend Zannaā€ mentions by Anna. And when Zanna launched her group active/fitness holidays, Anna went on one of the first - to Thailand or somewhere else in SE Asia I think.

eg from 2016 https://www.theannaedit.com/the-at-home-ab-routine-with-zanna-van-dijk/

• Wow
Reactions: 19
Did someone catch that? Screenshots courtesy of @martaS over on the Zanna van Dijk thread. Had no idea they even knew each other. Look how much younger Anna looks when it's not a staged photo taken by Maaak.

View attachment 647222View attachment 647223
is her back itchy or what's this pose
Oh yes I was going to post them here eventually but had a busy week and forgot. Anna actually has some pregnancy glow here which somehow hasn't been that prominent in her own pics/vids.
Also, since Zanna posted it like in the middle of the week, I guess Anna and Mark didn't actually go away for the baby moon? Or not for a whole week? Has no-one been able to gift her a stay at such short notice? :unsure:

Zanna used Anna to jumpstart her influencer career back in the day - personal training sessions in exchange for filming & sharing. Zanna might have paid, thinking about it now. There was a lot of sudden ā€œmy friend Zannaā€ mentions by Anna. And when Zanna launched her group active/fitness holidays, Anna went on one of the first - to Thailand or somewhere else in SE Asia I think.

eg from 2016 https://www.theannaedit.com/the-at-home-ab-routine-with-zanna-van-dijk/
Ohh good detective work/memory pal!

Reactions: 5

At some point, before she became an organisational guru, she dipped her toe into fitness content too. It takes two to tango haha.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
I will say, I really liked her choice of wedding. Not because I dislike a big wedding, but because it suited Anna and Mark. Mark has always earned significantly less money but insisted of paying his fair share. It must have been a real chip on his shoulder, as they sometimes went with the cheaper option she didnā€™t like just so he could pay his 50%. Sometimes it went a bit far, which is partly reason for the Mark = controlling at narrative (she of course the purple dressing gown/no heating madness, but that was part of his cost cutting to iirc). So, my guess is they went for a budget he could afford as well. And with Lily bragging about how she is ā€œnot that girlā€ and her wedding being so special and different only to see it turning out the most basic Pinterest wedding, Anna actually went for something different and more unique. A civil service, jumpsuit instead of dress, nice restaurant and casual ending in their flat sounds extremely relaxed and I think everyone had a blast. As long as you donā€™t expect people that didnā€™t make the cut to send gifts there really is no problem with going small.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
I will say, I really liked her choice of wedding. Not because I dislike a big wedding, but because it suited Anna and Mark. Mark has always earned significantly less money but insisted of paying his fair share. It must have been a real chip on his shoulder, as they sometimes went with the cheaper option she didnā€™t like just so he could pay his 50%. Sometimes it went a bit far, which is partly reason for the Mark = controlling at narrative (she of course the purple dressing gown/no heating madness, but that was part of his cost cutting to iirc). So, my guess is they went for a budget he could afford as well. And with Lily bragging about how she is ā€œnot that girlā€ and her wedding being so special and different only to see it turning out the most basic Pinterest wedding, Anna actually went for something different and more unique. A civil service, jumpsuit instead of dress, nice restaurant and casual ending in their flat sounds extremely relaxed and I think everyone had a blast. As long as you donā€™t expect people that didnā€™t make the cut to send gifts there really is no problem with going small.
Agreed. They also had their wedding 5 years ago in 2016/17, she only ever splurge like now after her organisation persona took off, I guess money is slightly tight back then. If they had their wedding now, I think it will be a very different story.

Reactions: 11
They were married in 2017. I remember, as it was about 6 weeks after my own wedding ā˜ŗ

My personal views are that the registry office ceremony looked lovely, as did the dress, and the restaurant meal. I do take issue with the evening reception being at their flat, and not due to cheapness: I would wager that my own wedding cost about the same as Anna and Markā€™s.

For me, my criticism is associated with the comfort of their guests: that flat was very small, and they definitely had a fair number of people back for the evening (Lily has referenced being in a quiz team with some of Annaā€™s relatives before). Where did all of their guests sit comfortably? How were they able to celebrate properly, bearing in mind that they were in an upstairs flat in a small building, and possibly worrying about noise?

This is always what comes immediately to mind when I think of their evening reception in that little flat. I donā€™t think I could have relaxed properly as a hostess, knowing that my guests were potentially having to sit on the floor, or that there may not be enough glassware/plates for everyone, at my WEDDING no less.

• Sick
Reactions: 19
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.