The Anna Edit #11 Dusty, musty, fusty and content very rusty

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m a true shoe destroyer: Converse don’t last on me longer than 6 months and jeans get ripped because of my thighs BUT I have a pijamas T-shirt from when I was a kid (don’t know how but not holes on it and it seems to get bigger as I grow old). Also a Levis skirt, totally basic from my years in uni back in 2005????

Reactions: 14
God that podcast would burst your knitting. Neither of them have any comprehension that blathering on and on and on about their pregnancies isn't interesting or fun for many many people struggling to conceive, struggling with baby loss, or not wanting children.
Fixed that for you.

Where I live, we just don't get true summer weather, so my hot climate wardrobe is pretty limited. But I have a pair of black skinny jeans that I think I bought maybe 10 years ago that I still wear (although based on how long ago I bought them, you've got a good idea of how that trend is dying!). A plain old t-shirt from Zara that has lasted me at least 8 years because it's just the perfect light, thin, slouchy fit and I will cry when it gets too worn to wear. These aren't things that I baby, either, they're staples that I wear all the time and have just held up surprisingly well. Influencers need to be slapped every time they say the words "longevity", "sustainable", or "I know I'll wear it for years to come." Wearing it twice over two years doesn't count, dummies.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
I have so many things in my wardrobe that are at least 5 years old, if not way more! I literally wear things until they either go way out of style or are just way too worn. I think very hard about anything I buy, so it is rare that I get rid of something simply because I don’t wear it often enough. Though yes, I will admit maybe I should purge my wardrobe a little more, it is by no means overflowing. I just don’t shop that much — totally unnecessary, especially given the impact on the planet, and not to mention, your mental wellbeing. If you rely on a shopping high for dopamine, you will never be happy; you’ll just become addicted and accumulate more and more. I think this is happening to Anna.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
I have so many things in my wardrobe that are at least 5 years old, if not way more! I literally wear things until they either go way out of style or are just way too worn. I think very hard about anything I buy, so it is rare that I get rid of something simply because I don’t wear it often enough. Though yes, I will admit maybe I should purge my wardrobe a little more, it is by no means overflowing. I just don’t shop that much — totally unnecessary, especially given the impact on the planet, and not to mention, your mental wellbeing. If you rely on a shopping high for dopamine, you will never be happy; you’ll just become addicted and accumulate more and more. I think this is happening to Anna.
SO TRUE. I think she started doing this when she lived with her parents and her perfect little *edited* world was falling apart and now is spiraling.

I have a good friend who's like 1-2 sizes smaller than me but tends to wear more oversized stuff (not like Nanna... it actually looks good on her) and I basically give everything to her first to see if she'll have it. And half the time I see her these days she's wearing my old clothes. I actually did this in UG too – my final year I brought in a big bag of clothing and like 15 different people of all different sizes picked up new clothing. Some of them still wear those clothes too!

• Heart
Reactions: 9
It’s completely baffling that she doesn’t notice the sheer ridiculousness of her videos. She could have easily titled it „my best purchases in the last couple of years”. She could have toned down her “investment pieces” narrative when she realised it was all “invest a ton of money every year for almost the same piece of clothing”. I mean, she was wearing the hell out of her Whistles and Zara tops some years ago. It seems the second she started “investing” in her fashion it went downhill from there. Looking back she hasn’t looked really good since 2019 and it had been very hit and miss then for some years already. She might be extremely fashion forward now, but looks like an bland editorial. That will be so outdated next year she cannot rewear most if not all of it. I mean, what happened? How can she look more mainstream trendy in the picture from 2016 than in the one from this week? It’s a shame, because I do think Anna is beautiful and has a smashing body. Her smile was always asymmetrical but she still looked great- it’s not that at all.
937F49DB-F371-4667-A82A-1F73E79D15E9.jpeg

Her colour palette was always pretty neutral but at least she had some bold pieces (the yellow jumpsuit actually looked great). And her choice of not beige neutrals flattered her skin tone so much more.

• Heart
Reactions: 33
lol, my oldest summer items are linen/cotton overshirts I "stole" from my great-grandpa -- partly hand-mate, lots of pockets, great fit because it was made for work aka movement...just 👌🏼

Anyway, I think Anna's current style just highlights she doesn't have any. It wasn't that apparent before as the 2010s trends were more flattering for her body type. She thinks trendy equals chic and doesn't understand that trends change rapidly and if you are following them obsessively instead of developing your own preferences a) it's bleeping obvious b) you will end with heaps of garments you won't even look at when a new trend drops in.

Her wardrobe is stale -- she doesn't experiment, doesn't seem to have fun, how is she supposed to inspire? And most importantly WHO is she about to inspire?

Reactions: 10
I’m a true shoe destroyer: Converse don’t last on me longer than 6 months and jeans get ripped because of my thighs BUT I have a pijamas T-shirt from when I was a kid (don’t know how but not holes on it and it seems to get bigger as I grow old). Also a Levis skirt, totally basic from my years in uni back in 2005????
Take your jeans to a tailor. They can patch up those thigh rips to extend their life for like $20.

I’ve got a Team Canada t-shirt from the 2002 Salt Lake City Winter Olympics. Super holey, but I wear it to bed. Oh! And all my old swim team t-shirts from the 90s! I still have my first pair of Gucci loafers from like 2004.

Reactions: 7
It’s completely baffling that she doesn’t notice the sheer ridiculousness of her videos. She could have easily titled it „my best purchases in the last couple of years”. She could have toned down her “investment pieces” narrative when she realised it was all “invest a ton of money every year for almost the same piece of clothing”. I mean, she was wearing the hell out of her Whistles and Zara tops some years ago. It seems the second she started “investing” in her fashion it went downhill from there. Looking back she hasn’t looked really good since 2019 and it had been very hit and miss then for some years already. She might be extremely fashion forward now, but looks like an bland editorial. That will be so outdated next year she cannot rewear most if not all of it. I mean, what happened? How can she look more mainstream trendy in the picture from 2016 than in the one from this week? It’s a shame, because I do think Anna is beautiful and has a smashing body. Her smile was always asymmetrical but she still looked great- it’s not that at all. View attachment 643166
Her colour palette was always pretty neutral but at least she had some bold pieces (the yellow jumpsuit actually looked great). And her choice of not beige neutrals flattered her skin tone so much more.
So looked so cute! She wants to be uber-hip so bad but doesn't realize that not every fashion trend was made for her. I don't get it, she never used to be so fixated on being trendy, as you said, she wore those shirts all the time and stuck to her own stlye. She actually wore her clothes for several years and didn't pretend like wearing something for two years was "weird". What kind of fucked up mindset is this? What a tit role to model for her followers.
You don't need new clothes every year unless your old ones burn down, she won't be able to wear 90% of everything she bought a year from now. It's absurd.

I mean, what happened? How can she look more mainstream trendy in the picture from 2016 than in the one from this week? It’s a shame, because I do think Anna is beautiful and has a smashing body. Her smile was always asymmetrical but she still looked great- it’s not that at all.
Some of these really highlight how much better she looks with longer hair, in my opinion. She's got quite a round face / larger head and I think the extra length just suits her much more. Don't get my wrong, I wasn't a fan of the superrrrr long style she had when she first started YouTube, but the length it is in the pic with the leopard jumper is perfect for her.

Reactions: 16
ughh she looks gorge in those pics, slightly longer hair, thinner eyebrows why whyyyyy can't she see this

Reactions: 19
I am a clothing hoarder, everything sparks joy and I can’t get rid of things. So I have a lot of super old things. Including a dress that used to be my mum’s, from 2001. We both still remember when she bought it. It was very expensive at the time. I still wear it regularly.

I can’t really say I’m sustainable though. Although I own a lot of old things, I also buy new things regularly. And no, I don’t need them. But I love clothes and shoes so much…

I'm still very surprised how Mark left his engineering job to work with Anna full time. Is Anna making that much money?! I just can't see how they can support themselves without one of them having a regular job unless he is working remotely as a freelancer. Any insight?
She is...really, she is

a bit late to the the party but here we go:
- An adidas purple swimsuit that I bought when I was in High School lol over 16 years ago
- My Eastpack high school backpack that took me verywhere from high school to uni to living abroad and trips...
- An H&M knee lenght gorgeous summer skirt from circa 2005; some years it fits some years it does not lol
- A pair of £15 RBX legging from TKMaxx that lasted me leggit 5 years, just got rid of them last week as I looked like a fool at the gym with all this holes

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
a lot of my clothes are old and a lot are actually stuff my shopaholic sister didnt care for wearing more than once. i usually just go shopping in her wardrobe 😂

Reactions: 7
My daughters are the only people in our home that consistently get "new" clothing. I say "new" because almost ever item they own, aside from under garments, socks, and school shoes, are either thrifted or trades I've done with family and friends. I have to dress business casual for work. I've owned the same polo shirts for almost 7 years now. I am one of those people that if I find something comfortable, I buy a ton of it in different colors. The only things I occasionally replace are my jeggings and work shoes. My husband transitioned from his travel job to a work from home role and sold a majority of his business attire. He used a small portion of that money to buy a new casual wardrobe. Some of the stuff he brought home still had price tags on them. Lucky bastard even found some Roots apparel. But our favorite thrift store finds are our Crocs! Every pair we own is used and was in amazing condition when we bought it. One of the reasons we love them so much is a little soap, water, and a magic eraser they clean up like brand new.

Reactions: 8
My oldest item is probably a leather jacket from H&M I bought during my first year of uni, so 10 years ago now. Then an old Depeche Mode t shirt I've had for 8 years. Still wear both of them to death and will weep when they eventually go.

Reactions: 6
I have a band tshirt that I have had for about 14 years that I still wear as pyjamas!
I've stopped getting rid of any of my clothes - I've learnt my lesson after losing and gaining the same 4 stone too many times!!

• Heart
It’s so funny that Anna considers something “old” when it was bought only a season or two ago (I noticed a lot of these bloggers do). Maybe my perception is weird, but I consider stuff I bought within the last two or three years new. I’ve also got a lot of older stuff that I’m keeping hold of in the hopes of getting my weight down again – I do seem to fluctuate quite a lot over the years.
I think my oldest piece of clothing must be my blue sweatpants that my mum bought me for PE in 2003. They still look really good, you wouldn’t think they’re 18 years old. I wear them a lot (they’re stretchy obviously, no way I would fit into any other item of clothing I wore when I was 13 😂).

It’s completely baffling that she doesn’t notice the sheer ridiculousness of her videos. She could have easily titled it „my best purchases in the last couple of years”. She could have toned down her “investment pieces” narrative when she realised it was all “invest a ton of money every year for almost the same piece of clothing”. I mean, she was wearing the hell out of her Whistles and Zara tops some years ago. It seems the second she started “investing” in her fashion it went downhill from there. Looking back she hasn’t looked really good since 2019 and it had been very hit and miss then for some years already. She might be extremely fashion forward now, but looks like an bland editorial. That will be so outdated next year she cannot rewear most if not all of it. I mean, what happened? How can she look more mainstream trendy in the picture from 2016 than in the one from this week? It’s a shame, because I do think Anna is beautiful and has a smashing body. Her smile was always asymmetrical but she still looked great- it’s not that at all. View attachment 643166
It's so funny to me - I went through a phase in like 2012-2015 where I really was influenced by Anna - I was newly out of uni and really thought she had a put together style. I loved Whistles because of her and would scour ASOS for similar things.

Now....sheesh.

• Haha
Reactions: 23
It's so funny to me - I went through a phase in like 2012-2015 where I really was influenced by Anna - I was newly out of uni and really thought she had a put together style. I loved Whistles because of her and would scour ASOS for similar things.

Now....sheesh.
I started following her in 2015 and loved her style until 2020 hit. It was around the time she started wearing all of those wide leg trousers that I was no longer influenced by her fashion sense. It’s just not something I like nor can I pull off, fine, but for me that was the point where I noticed her choices to be a little questionable, IMO. She looked chic with the jeans and shirts, and it’s what I can wear to work so it really helped me find my style for my new job.
What she’s doing now is 100% trend driven. Her world is so small, confined to the screen on her phone and what she sees on Instagram, that she doesn’t quite get that no one outside of Instagram wears all of the beige, and those with out of the house jobs don’t wear as much loungewear.
A few months ago my husband I were doing a city walk and near the city center we stopped in a few stores. One was v v trendy, and it was all 100 shades of beige. We walked out and my husband who really isn’t up to date on what’s in fashion (and loved all things brown) said “well their clothes are boring. It’s all brown bin bags.” He wasn’t wrong.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.