The Anna Edit #11 Dusty, musty, fusty and content very rusty

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It's so funny to me - I went through a phase in like 2012-2015 where I really was influenced by Anna - I was newly out of uni and really thought she had a put together style. I loved Whistles because of her and would scour ASOS for similar things.

Now....sheesh.
Me too!! I bought that Whistles leopard print button up and the Whistles black coat. I still wear the black coat every winter and get so many compliments. I’ve never been naturally good at fashion and find it hard to find options that suit my style in Australia so not ashamed to say I miss the 2015-2017 Anna days where I was actually influenced haha.

Reactions: 18
Me too!! I bought that Whistles leopard print button up and the Whistles black coat. I still wear the black coat every winter and get so many compliments. I’ve never been naturally good at fashion and find it hard to find options that suit my style in Australia so not ashamed to say I miss the 2015-2017 Anna days where I was actually influenced haha.
I bought the long camel Whistles coat . It’s still going and lovely.

Reactions: 8
I have so many high street items which I got shortly after uni so a good 10 years ago now. I’ve even found items on Depop etc which I loved in the past but are now too small and I bought in a larger size for a few £!

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Where do you think Anna, had she gotten married this year, would buy her wedding dress from? She has gone off Whistles I noticed

Reactions: 11
Where do you think Anna, had she gotten married this year, would buy her wedding dress from? She has gone off Whistles I noticed
That’s a good question. What’s the most overpriced place that would give her an affiliate link ?

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Oh, sidenote. The fact that they made such a big deal about having their wedding in a flat is so annoying to me now knowing that they had a million pounds just lying around. I thought it was cute a couple years ago, now it just reads as majorly cheap to me. Why else would you shove your closest family and friends into a tiny flat?

That’s a good question. What’s the most overpriced place that would give her an affiliate link ?
John Lewis curtain dress

• Sick
Reactions: 21
Oh, sidenote. The fact that they made such a big deal about having their wedding in a flat is so annoying to me now knowing that they had a million pounds just lying around. I thought it was cute a couple years ago, now it just reads as majorly cheap to me. Why else would you shove your closest family and friends into a tiny flat?

John Lewis curtain dress
I completely agree. I really liked her wedding video and how low key it was. I thought it was a really nice change to massive weddings with a 100+ guests and a dress that cost as much as a car.

but now she’s undone all that good will by flogging stuff that’s expensive without being cool.

Reactions: 14
It was very cheapskate to have the wedding evening party at their flat. I understand for people on a limited budget, but Anna is loaded. The noise of the party would have been a bit hard on their neighbours too , especially as they were in a flat. Her monthly jumper budget would have covered a venue.

Reactions: 35
That's such a great point about the wedding. I loved how low key & personal it was but now we know they could have afforded anything they wanted it smacks of cheapness for sake of being stingy. i get the register office ceremony, but why not book a nice restaurant or evening venue instead of crushing your guests into a small flat & giving them dominoes pizza??

Reactions: 26
That's such a great point about the wedding. I loved how low key & personal it was but now we know they could have afforded anything they wanted it smacks of cheapness for sake of being stingy. i get the register office ceremony, but why not book a nice restaurant or evening venue instead of crushing your guests into a small flat & giving them dominoes pizza??
Yeah I agree, we were doing ours on a budget so had a small wedding, registry office, but we still booked a really nice restaurant for an evening meal and had cocktails and music there and stuff - good food is important to us and we wanted to treat our friends and family and thank them for travelling to our wedding... Plus, no clean up afterwards haha!

• Heart
Reactions: 17
I think they actually did go to a fancy restaurant between the registry and going to their flat! Not to defend her too strongly, but they went to like the cow shed I think it's called? And then they did party games and dancing and pizza at their flat, I think that part was meant for the younger crowd and all the older family had gone home. I still really like their wedding, I don't think they were quite as loaded then (definitely probably more than we thought) but my husband and I could have afforded something bigger and we just didn't want to spend a buttload on something that wasn't that important to us (obviously the getting married part was important but we're just not big party people)

Reactions: 26
I think this is the thing that bothers me about Anna, she’s just ruined herself the more money she’s earned. Whistles need to sponsor her post-baby and I hope she’ll be like a amnesia patient who suddenly wakes up and remembers (in Anna’s case) her old style.

Mark on the other hand can just duck off back to Creepy McCreeperson Town

• Haha
Reactions: 31
Personally I hate being in the centre of attention so we eloped haha

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Personally I hate being in the centre of attention so we eloped haha
Off-topic but: any fellow introverts here who hate being the center of attention? My worst nightmare would be walking down the aisle and being stared at all day because I'm the bride. I find Anna's approach with a small wedding great, but how do you get over your fear of being looked at? 😅 🤦‍♀️ if I eloped my parents would never forgive me lol so what to dooooo

I think this is the thing that bothers me about Anna, she’s just ruined herself the more money she’s earned. Whistles need to sponsor her post-baby and I hope she’ll be like a amnesia patient who suddenly wakes up and remembers (in Anna’s case) her old style.

Mark on the other hand can just duck off back to Creepy McCreeperson Town
I noticed something weird when I had a nosy on her IG today. You can pinpoint the EXACT point in time when she went from stylish Anna to beige mealworm grandma. It was November 2020, around the time they moved into their house. From one post to the next she changed. My guess is she tried to rebrand herself in time for her move into the new house, leaving the "old" Anna behind and creating a new personality in line with all the other influencers on Instagram. I think she wanted to go for cosy new home, cosy clothing, bright, neutral colors, home content like people like Ellana Pecherle (ellepearls). Instead, her house is a dusty, damp hole and she just can't pull off the style. Now we know that plan went completely awry, but she can't acknowledge that because it's the same rebranding as from Viviannadoesmakeup to The Anna Edit, only this time it was herself, not her Corporate Design. It wasn't a gradual change, she literally went from heavy boots, nice fitting jeans and colored jumpers to wooly tracksuits the next.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 24
Off-topic but: any fellow introverts here who hate being the center of attention? My worst nightmare would be walking down the aisle and being stared at all day because I'm the bride. I find Anna's approach with a small wedding great, but how do you get over your fear of being looked at? 😅 🤦‍♀️ if I eloped my parents would never forgive me lol so what to dooooo
My husband is quite the introvert and still says he didn’t love the attention on him during our wedding. We’re from two different counties and weddings are important(ish) in my family. We went to city hall where everyone was in a room waiting for us/me. Once the actual ceremony got underway he relaxed a little, but we organized the wedding in a way there wasn’t a lot of attention on us. And when there needed to be attention, I took the lead — thanking everyone, ushering people about, etc.
We also made sure to spend time together with just us. We did first look photos ad that was important to him, to have some time
Before the ceremony where it was just us.
For the reception, we went on a dining tram and that made it so that there wasn’t a whole of it attention. People were busy looking at the city going by and the interesting food. I took the lead and walked and talked to people.
He says that he loved our wedding and it was perfectly us, which it was, and that he’s so it over again, but he didn’t love the attention.

At the end of the day, it’s your wedding and you should do what you want and not what others want. I actually didn’t want a big wedding and a big to do, but knew that I’d want to celebrate it in some way, and my parents would be upset if we did nothing. We found a middle ground in the end, and we all loved it. Also, there is so much pressure around weddings. Do what you want and love. For us, it was finding something that required no planning, hence city hall and the dining tram.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I never thought their choice of wedding had anything to do with what they could afford. I think they wanted it at home for an intimate and close vibe. I actually appreciated that, especially since I knew they could have gone big as well.

I’m not an introvert at all, but a wedding is my worst nightmare. I don’t even celebrate my birthday for similar reasons.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
I’ve gone down the living in sin route. It’s much more fun 😀

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.