The Anna Edit #11 Dusty, musty, fusty and content very rusty

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
God that podcast would burst your knitting. Neither of them have any comprehension that blathering on and on and on about their pregnancies isn't interesting or fun for many many people struggling to conceive, struggling with baby loss, or not wanting children. They're a pair of selfish narcissistic idiots with zero awareness of their audience.

This will all implode on their friendship big time when they both have a newborn boy and the motherhood competition really hots up. Anna's new at it and Lily's tit at it.

And Anna - for duck sake, nothing's that funny. Quit with the forced laughter.

• Haha
Reactions: 30
They've no plans for a new series. Fortunately there are different adverts during today's episode. I was getting very bored of Miss Patel and her Love Island History lesson and Lily saying how it made her really want to be a teacher.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Ugh her way of speaking / the vocal fry is just amplified x1000 on the podcast. The way she extends the ends of words like 'backkkkkk' 'cookkkkk' 'yessssssss' is next level annoying.

• Sick
Reactions: 17
There's only got three more episodes then they're stopping. They've admitted that they have nothing left to say.
That’s so typical. They could have made a mediocre successful series for a couple of years with it. Renovation and Home content is pretty popular. And while an audio format is surely not ideal for such an visual content it might have worked. But it would have required a minimum of effort. Branching out of having Gleam affiliates as guests, but go out and try to win interesting guest. Having to come up with a coherent structure with genuinely interesting questions. But no, they quickly regressed into blabbing about themselves. Surprise- you are just not that interesting.

Reactions: 15
That’s so typical. They could have made a mediocre successful series for a couple of years with it. Renovation and Home content is pretty popular. And while an audio format is surely not ideal for such an visual content it might have worked. But it would have required a minimum of effort. Branching out of having Gleam affiliates as guests, but go out and try to win interesting guest. Having to come up with a coherent structure with genuinely interesting questions. But no, they quickly regressed into blabbing about themselves. Surprise- you are just not that interesting.
See that would require effort but they are both soooo busy that that's just not realistic. So instead they blab about themselves every week for a year so they can at least make money off their absolute nonsense. After the IG lives were quite well received during lockdown, they thought the same would happen for the podcast, but as soon as it started they regressed back to regurgitating stories.

Reactions: 14
See that would require effort but they are both soooo busy that that's just not realistic. So instead they blab about themselves every week for a year so they can at least make money off their absolute nonsense. After the IG lives were quite well received during lockdown, they thought the same would happen for the podcast, but as soon as it started they regressed back to regurgitating stories.
They couldn't monetise the live the way they could a podcast - just being their usual greedy selves.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Ugh I just watched part of the 'summer staples' video and.... how the hell has she deluded herself into thinking she's sustainable?!?! I'd be curious, tattlers, what the oldest thing *you* have in your summer 'wardrobe' is? I'll go first:
- Green linen wrap skirt I bought in summer 2010. It has not looked good on me some summers (due to weight/shape) but I always hold on to it because it's such a great piece of clothing.
- White dress with massive pink roses on it bought in 2009. I actually got it from a vintage ebay store back in the day so I think it's from the 80s?

Also noted that weight fluctuations and body changes are totally normal so I get it if you've not had anything that long. Though I bet you have shoes/a bag/some jewellery...

Reactions: 26
Ugh I just watched part of the 'summer staples' video and.... how the hell has she deluded herself into thinking she's sustainable?!?! I'd be curious, tattlers, what the oldest thing *you* have in your summer 'wardrobe' is? I'll go first:
- Green linen wrap skirt I bought in summer 2010. It has not looked good on me some summers (due to weight/shape) but I always hold on to it because it's such a great piece of clothing.
- White dress with massive pink roses on it bought in 2009. I actually got it from a vintage ebay store back in the day so I think it's from the 80s?

Also noted that weight fluctuations and body changes are totally normal so I get it if you've not had anything that long. Though I bet you have shoes/a bag/some jewellery...
A shirt from the Boston Aquarium that my dad brought me from a business trip in 2005 when I was about ten. White with a cute crab on it and it says "sometimes crabby but always cute". Still fits. Still wear it. Although today I'm mostly crabby, only rarely cute. 🦀
Take that Sustainanna.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 35

Zara cardigan from 2016. They seem to think that to be sustainable, it means they have to buy all indie brands.

it is not sustainable unless it has the oatmeal aesthetic.

duck it, unless they tell me how much they pay their Bangladeshi labours, I am not going to take their words for it. Plus, if a pair of slipper cost £350, is paying a ‘living wage’ fair? I don’t have the answer, and how do you judge fair. But thank god, I am not an influencer.

I have a uniqlo shirt that I wore almost on a weekly basis and it cost £15, to me that is bleeping sustainable 😂

For some reason I seem to have kept winter clothing a lot longer than my summer clothing, but I have had my all-time favourite jumper from Topshop since at least 2012, and a favourite Monki blouse since at least 2012 as well. The oldest item in my wardrobe is a beanie hat that I bought during a year living abroad from 2008-2009!

Reactions: 11
A shirt from the Boston Aquarium that my dad brought me from a business trip in 2005 when I was about ten. White with a cute crab on it and it says "sometimes crabby but always cute". Still fits. Still wear it. 🦀
Take that Sustainanna.
Lol duck it, I feel old by just looking at your age! How can people be 10 in 2005, oh my word….they should be 15 or 16.

Fun fact: I still think the 1980 was 20 years ago, sigh 😔

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 32

I have some basic t shirts from around 2000/2001... They don't have holes in and they're just good basics! I then have a fair few staples from about 2010 onwards like a good wool coat. Today my 2 year old is wearing shorts that I wore in about 1992 🤣

• Heart
Beige Converse from 2008.
Would recommend to everyone, they look great with jeans, shorts, skirts, dresses..

Reactions: 7
Lol duck it, I feel old by just looking at your age! How can people be 10 in 2005, oh my word….they should be 15 or 16.

Fun fact: I still think the 1980 was 20 years ago, sigh 😔
hahaha but I feel so old. Everyone born in the 2000 are babies to me 😅 there are so many football players in the euro who were born around 2002/2003 and I'm just like YOU should be in kindergarten, when did that happen!?

• Haha
Reactions: 25
I have a t-shirt my dad brought me from the American embassy in China in the 90s, and I wore it in college and beyond before I got too big for children's clothes anymore (still have it somewhere though). Also lots from college (2010-2014), especially shoes, that still gets worn, one top in particular that I just discovered still fits decently was probably like $8 from Target or somewhere!

ETA I also have one of my dad's t-shirts from when he was in college in the 70s! I wore it in middle/high school sometimes but it would probably disintegrate into a puff of smoke if I touched it now

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.