The advice thread for random problems #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just need some advice from some knowledgeable people! Friends and Google don't seem to have a consistent answer.
We are taking our 3 children out of school in May for a 2 week holiday. I know we will get fined but I just want to know how much that could be. Is it £60 per adult, per child, per week? (Seems a bit excessive 😠)

Kids are currently on 97% attendance. 3 days off for illness. I know this won't make any difference but for reference.

First holiday in 10 years so not as if it's a regular occurrence.

Anyone know?
My cousins school is £80 a week per child but they only charge if its a regular thing.
My sisters school is nothing and they support holidays

You are best off finding out exactly what your school do. Do you have a school group chat or Facebook page?

Reactions: 1
Thank you to those who gave me hair advice! We’re two washes in and I have lots of waves and some curls emerging so I’m super excited ☺ I’ll probably make some mistakes yet of course but we’re going the right way

Reactions: 4
Does anyone know if you contact your GP can they print out information from your file such as letters from consultants and also a list of your prescriptions?

Does anyone know if you contact your GP can they print out information from your file such as letters from consultants and also a list of your prescriptions?
You can see your medicines in the NHS app. There's lots of other stuff on there, but I've never seen a consultant, so there's nothing showing in those bits for me.

• Heart
Weird question to those who have to talk a lot e.g. in a job ( teachers maybe?). How do you do it??
I sometimes have to run 1-3h sessions at work and my throat is very sore after, feels raw. Is this normal or is there something wrong with the way I talk 😭

Weird question to those who have to talk a lot e.g. in a job ( teachers maybe?). How do you do it??
I sometimes have to run 1-3h sessions at work and my throat is very sore after, feels raw. Is this normal or is there something wrong with the way I talk 😭
Teacher here 👋🏼 and honestly I think the voice just becomes accustomed to it. I teach full days on a Monday and by Monday afternoon my throat is killing me, thankfully towards the end of the week it seems a little better

Reactions: 2
It is defo something you just get used to. At first I was the same, very sore throat (also sore feet from standing at the front of a class all day 😳) but it is just second nature. I have noticed though that I drink a LOT more water at work than when I am at home. 2 litres minimum per day just during work hours I think that helps

Teacher here 👋🏼 and honestly I think the voice just becomes accustomed to it. I teach full days on a Monday and by Monday afternoon my throat is killing me, thankfully towards the end of the week it seems a little better
It is defo something you just get used to. At first I was the same, very sore throat (also sore feet from standing at the front of a class all day 😳) but it is just second nature. I have noticed though that I drink a LOT more water at work than when I am at home. 2 litres minimum per day just during work hours I think that helps
Thanks both. It's so annoying as I don't do these sessions that often but when I do my throat feels awful for at least another day. I don't even need to talk loud or anything 😭 seriously respect to those that do it every day as it is exhausting. But good to know it's fairly normal and not just me!

Thanks both. It's so annoying as I don't do these sessions that often but when I do my throat feels awful for at least another day. I don't even need to talk loud or anything 😭 seriously respect to those that do it every day as it is exhausting. But good to know it's fairly normal and not just me!
Vocalzone throat pastilles are supposed to be good. I know stage actors/singers use them.

Reactions: 2
I haven’t but I’m very tempted this year as I’ve read good things about them
I used to get it really bad then since lock down I never got it again🤣🤷🏼 My husband still get’s it bad I was thinking off seeing if anywhere local did them. He needs to drive for work but his eyes are pretty badly swollen

I used to get it really bad then since lock down I never got it again🤣🤷🏼 My husband still get’s it bad I was thinking off seeing if anywhere local did them. He needs to drive for work but his eyes are pretty badly swollen
I get incredibly itchy eyes and sneezing. I think grass is my trigger. I have a horse so have to be around hay and last week ended up with a rash on my arms from stuffing hay nets with a t shirt on for the first time since last year.

I get incredibly itchy eyes and sneezing. I think grass is my trigger. I have a horse so have to be around hay and last week ended up with a rash on my arms from stuffing hay nets with a t shirt on for the first time since last year.
it’s probably worth getting then but idk anyone who’s had it to know if it actually works. Looks like it’s about £70 (north east)

Anyone have any comfy shoes that are semi professional (smart casual - they are for office work but we can wear trainers) recommendations, I was thinking of sketchers but never had any so didn’t know

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.