The advice thread for random problems #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Newcastle is our nearest city
The reason I ask is because sometimes taking a different trainline/coach from the next city can be a lot less expensive. My local train to London is about £15 but if I go a town over I can get tickets from £3!

But it looks like a quick google shows that tickets are about £30 one way

The reason I ask is because sometimes taking a different trainline/coach from the next city can be a lot less expensive. My local train to London is about £15 but if I go a town over I can get tickets from £3!

But it looks like a quick google shows that tickets are about £30 one way
Newcastle - Liverpool on the day she needs to go is minimum £80 🙈 it’s her fault for leaving it last minute and the fact it’s Eurovision!

given the train drivers union is on strike I would avoid trains on the day

Reactions: 1
Hi everyone,
Where do I begin, dsughter no.1 had a good job, flat etc got with this bloke, useless doesn’t work, bad history etc etc, well long story short they have been evicted from private rental, I’ve told her to come home but not with him (he’s lied, as I said above not good )
She won’t come without him, Council won’t help, she’s now living in b&b borrowing money as I and couple of family members don’t want her on street, it’s awful, I’m so sad 😞
Sorry if this makes no sence just struggling with whole situation, she walked streets one night 😞

• Sad
Reactions: 5
Hi everyone,
Where do I begin, dsughter no.1 had a good job, flat etc got with this bloke, useless doesn’t work, bad history etc etc, well long story short they have been evicted from private rental, I’ve told her to come home but not with him (he’s lied, as I said above not good )
She won’t come without him, Council won’t help, she’s now living in b&b borrowing money as I and couple of family members don’t want her on street, it’s awful, I’m so sad 😞
Sorry if this makes no sence just struggling with whole situation, she walked streets one night 😞
Unfortunately there's nothing much you can do, if all of this isn't enough to make her release what a waste of space he is then anyone telling her isn't going to do it either

Its hard because if you stopped giving money so that she has no option but to come home then she would probably sneak him in, but at the same time she can't treat you all like a bank account an live in b&bs, I hope she manages to work out something soon

Reactions: 2
Unfortunately there's nothing much you can do, if all of this isn't enough to make her release what a waste of space he is then anyone telling her isn't going to do it either

Its hard because if you stopped giving money so that she has no option but to come home then she would probably sneak him in, but at the same time she can't treat you all like a bank account an live in b&bs, I hope she manages to work out something soon
Your right, thank you 😞

Hi everyone,
Has she lost the job as well as her home?
Are drugs or something criminal involved?

Hi everyone,
Sorry this is happening 😔 as I see it there are two options:
- Don’t give her any more money. If she picks the man she can deal with the financial side herself

- let them move in (i know you don’t like him but at least you know that she is safe)

She gave up her job with MH problems, then it went downhill, I think he’s had a drug problem yes
If she has her own MH problems then perhaps addressing that as a root cause would be the best bet. She obviously can’t see how destructive his presence is despite the evidence. I think you’d be unlikely to convince her until she can really understand why she’s accepting him and realise for herself she has other choices and more value than allowing someone else to steer her path so badly.
Would she agree to seeing someone if you help with the cost?

- Don’t give her any more money. If she picks the man she can deal with the financial side herself

- let them move in (i know you don’t like him but at least you know that she is safe)
These would be the options I'd have suggested too.

If it were me, based on what you've said and assuming he hasn't/isn't breaking the law, I'd go for option 2 but with conditions and with a trial period.

Reactions: 2

I would love nothing more for her to come back but I cannot have him here, he’s never worked, more than likely drugs, liar and just awful, i just can’t 😞
---
If she has her own MH problems then perhaps addressing that as a root cause would be the best bet. She obviously can’t see how destructive his presence is despite the evidence. I think you’d be unlikely to convince her until she can really understand why she’s accepting him and realise for herself she has other choices and more value than allowing someone else to steer her path so badly.
Would she agree to seeing someone if you help with the cost?
She has seen professionals but maybe needs to again, I’d do anything for her , he’s brainwashing her and bringing her down to his level, even his parents disowned him

I would love nothing more for her to come back but I cannot have him here, he’s never worked, more than likely drugs, liar and just awful, i just can’t 😞
I would be terrified to bring him into my home too. Sorry you’re dealing with this. 🙁

---

She has seen professionals but maybe needs to again, I’d do anything for her , he’s brainwashing her and bringing her down to his level, even his parents disowned him
He could be a manipulator and abusing her but also, he might not be. Maybe she sees something in him that others haven't yet.

You say more than likely drugs. Do you know this for certain?

I definitely appreciate you don't feel comfortable having in your home so that is not an option. That's your safe space so you can't have anyone there that makes you feel the opposite.

I would urge caution. Lots of young people have difficult relationships with their parents. It doesn't mean he's an awful person (equally he could be but it's important to keep an open mind).

You need to keep lines of communication open otherwise I worry your daughter will shut off. You're in a really hard situation. Can they stay at a hostel? At least it's a roof. You can help by providing food etc rather than actual cash if you're worried what it would be spent on.

He could be a manipulator and abusing her but also, he might not be. Maybe she sees something in him that others haven't yet.

You say more than likely drugs. Do you know this for certain?

I definitely appreciate you don't feel comfortable having in your home so that is not an option. That's your safe space so you can't have anyone there that makes you feel the opposite.

I would urge caution. Lots of young people have difficult relationships with their parents. It doesn't mean he's an awful person (equally he could be but it's important to keep an open mind).

You need to keep lines of communication open otherwise I worry your daughter will shut off. You're in a really hard situation. Can they stay at a hostel? At least it's a roof. You can help by providing food etc rather than actual cash if you're worried what it would be spent on.
They are looking into hostels and have been getting help , it’s all such a worry 😞 thank you 😊

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.