The advice thread for random problems #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I didn't know they could do that 😳, I was hoping to come down a few sizes an stay that way, I was told "just lose the weight then" an I did, got right down to the lowest BMI where it was still healthy an they just looked even worse because I was smaller everywhere else
I’d defo still keep pushing the NHS if you still want them reduced. My partners friend had hers done not that long ago funded by them.

I know exactly how annoying it is cause I am slim and my boobs still stay big. They are even bigger after I’ve had my son.

Reactions: 1
I’d defo still keep pushing the NHS if you still want them reduced. My partners friend had hers done not that long ago funded by them.

I know exactly how annoying it is cause I am slim and my boobs still stay big. They are even bigger after I’ve had my son.
Thanks I'll maybe try again because tbh it really affects my mental health, am only 5ft an quite slim, I can't wear shirts, if I get the size to fit then the buttons look like they are holding on for dear life 😅 but if I get a bigger size then it looks like I've been in my mum's wardrobe, an I suffer a lot of back pain plus can't sleep on my side either

I was told I'd need to go private which I looked it up an it was coming in around £6000 which there's no way am affording it

Thanks I'll maybe try again because tbh it really affects my mental health, am only 5ft an quite slim, I can't wear shirts, if I get the size to fit then the buttons look like they are holding on for dear life 😅 but if I get a bigger size then it looks like I've been in my mum's wardrobe, an I suffer a lot of back pain plus can't sleep on my side either

I was told I'd need to go private which I looked it up an it was coming in around £6000 which there's no way am affording it
My husband says his friend basically had to keep going back over and over. We are North east if it makes a difference. Luckily I don’t get any pain just they are a pain in the arse. I don’t think it’s fair when it does actually effect your life. Worse case I’m sure when I looked privately there was clinics who did a payment plan

My husband says his friend basically had to keep going back over and over. We are North east if it makes a difference. Luckily I don’t get any pain just they are a pain in the arse. I don’t think it’s fair when it does actually effect your life. Worse case I’m sure when I looked privately there was clinics who did a payment plan
Thanks, I'll make another appointment an see what can be done, hopefully since mental health is taking more serious now than it used to it might make a difference

Thanks, I'll make another appointment an see what can be done, hopefully since mental health is taking more serious now than it used to it might make a difference
I know someone who got breast reduction surgery mostly for psychological reasons and it was paid for by her insurance. Mind, I'm in Germany, so the system works a bit differently here. She cited a couple of things that made her want to have the surgery for years, like not being able to have a fulfilling sex life as it really affected her confidence, anxiety, etc. I think she had to go to several sessions with a therapist until she got the approval.

Reactions: 3
Any ideas how I can improve my skin on holidays/hot weather? I look around and see these sunkissed beauties and I look boiled with huge pores. I use heliocare facial sunscreen but I just look greasy as hell. I’m fine the rest of the year.

Any ideas how I can improve my skin on holidays/hot weather? I look around and see these sunkissed beauties and I look boiled with huge pores. I use heliocare facial sunscreen but I just look greasy as hell. I’m fine the rest of the year.
Sometimes one is just unfortunate with the type of skin you are born with. I use Supergoop powder sunscreen and it helps to mattify a sweaty/greasy face in hot weather

Reactions: 2
Can anybody tell me what the big difference between a marriage and a civil partnership is.
We are going to do a civil partnership and not tell our families but it’s mainly to secure our financials because we are getting older.
I’m keen on the partnership but couldn’t really see what the difference is between the two

Can anybody tell me what the big difference between a marriage and a civil partnership is.
We are going to do a civil partnership and not tell our families but it’s mainly to secure our financials because we are getting older.
I’m keen on the partnership but couldn’t really see what the difference is between the two
I may be wrong but isn't marriage done with vows an a divorce when you want to end it (an is more religious in general) but a civil partnership is documents you sign when getting it done an if you want to end it

Loads of information on this link that is helpful, including information such as if one civil partner does any property doesn’t automatically get transferred to their civil partner like it would with a marital spouse, so there might be differences in whether you’re each others next of kin?

Loads of information on this link that is helpful, including information such as if one civil partner does any property doesn’t automatically get transferred to their civil partner like it would with a marital spouse, so there might be differences in whether you’re each others next of kin?
Thanks, that's really helpful. When I've looked I didn't notice the bit about property. Luckily that's secured at the moment but good to know for a future purchase

So I went to a bottomless brunch yesterday evening at the same restaurant me and my friend went to in December. For some reason we were both way more drunk and I ended up being picked up by paramedics and my parents having to come and get me. We drank less than last time and I have no idea why I was in such a bad state and it’s so embarrassing because my parents are going to be so angry in the morning. I wonder if it’s because last time was Christmas and we both drank more at home/socially we’re as we’ve both had busy terms and not been out much, but I don’t understand how I ended up in such a state after a few cocktails.

So I went to a bottomless brunch yesterday evening at the same restaurant me and my friend went to in December. For some reason we were both way more drunk and I ended up being picked up by paramedics and my parents having to come and get me. We drank less than last time and I have no idea why I was in such a bad state and it’s so embarrassing because my parents are going to be so angry in the morning. I wonder if it’s because last time was Christmas and we both drank more at home/socially we’re as we’ve both had busy terms and not been out much, but I don’t understand how I ended up in such a state after a few cocktails.
Sorry that’s happened to you. When you say a few cocktails, was it really only a few? As you’re right, that shouldn’t mean you’re so drunk you end up being picked up by paramedics. Is there any possibility you could’ve been spiked?

Reactions: 5
I’m also wondering if you were spiked or if you took any sort of medication at all. Sounds awful 🥺

Sorry that’s happened to you. When you say a few cocktails, was it really only a few? As you’re right, that shouldn’t mean you’re so drunk you end up being picked up by paramedics. Is there any possibility you could’ve been spiked?
I’m not sure, we never left the table unattended, although I the drinks were prepared at a bar where someone could’ve had access. I really wish I’d stopped drinking after the first couple and got my parents to come pick me up as I attempted to get the train home but ended up getting off to be sick which is where someone spotted me and called the ambulance. I didn’t really need medical attention but I probably would’ve done the same seeing someone in that state.

I’m not sure, we never left the table unattended, although I the drinks were prepared at a bar where someone could’ve had access. I really wish I’d stopped drinking after the first couple and got my parents to come pick me up as I attempted to get the train home but ended up getting off to be sick which is where someone spotted me and called the ambulance. I didn’t really need medical attention but I probably would’ve done the same seeing someone in that state.
Quoting myself to say- now that I’ve sobered up a bit and can remember a bit more, I don’t think we were spiked and this was probably more due to lack of food and the fact neither of us have drank that heavily for a while. Still can’t believe I let myself get into such a state though! 🤦‍♀️

• Heart
Quoting myself to say- now that I’ve sobered up a bit and can remember a bit more, I don’t think we were spiked and this was probably more due to lack of food and the fact neither of us have drank that heavily for a while. Still can’t believe I let myself get into such a state though! 🤦‍♀️
Glad you are sobering up now. I have had a few nights where I just get carried away with mates and once you’re chatting you don’t quite reload how much you’re drinking. Then you go outside get fresh air and boom it’s like your drunk level doubles 😅. I’ve only been like that about twice and I always make sure I am very careful in future coz it’s horrible when you don’t know what’s going on and can’t remember what happened 😔

Reactions: 3
I have oily skin and large pores too, and use a Korean brand called MISSHA. I hate the feeling of oily / heavy lotions, but this is so lightweight I don't know I'm wearing it, and it is mattifying. This is the exact name, pasted from Amazon:

Sun Care by MISSHA All Around Safe Block Aqua Sun Gel SPF50+ 50ml

Editing to add: many Korean brands leave a white cast, but this one doesn't.

• Heart
Every sunscreen I’ve ever used on my face has brought me out in spots / made me look so greasy on holiday.
Last year I started using this one by Vichy, I use it all year round and on holidays. Wore it in Greece with temps of 30+ last august and as a pale person never burnt.
Tiny bottle last me about 6months of everyday use, you only need a small amount.

Attachments

• Heart
What does everyone take to work for lunch or does anybody have any ideas of what I could have to mix things up a bit? (I work in an office with only a microwave and kettle for context). I am wanting healthy ideas but I am so bored of bringing the same things everyday (sandwich, jacket potato, pasta or soup).

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.